[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

Hello Monarchs

It’s been a while since I last posted in Soompi and I thought to leave a post here to put it on record that I love this drama as well as this thread.

It’s a blast reading your theories and the funny LOL comments. I’ve been live streaming the drama and would check this thread immediately after to comprehend the episode. At times when the live stream does not work, this thread has been a life saver as some of you would post live recaps. Thank you so much indeed! Hopefully the live stream would be smooth tonight. Fingers, toes and eyes crossed.

I don’t have theories but am just enjoying the story. The leads are killing it and they are remarkable at their craft. That’s why I’m so invested in their love story.

I see a lot of familiar posters  since I’ve been a long time Soompier who still goes to several threads every day. Thank you to everyone here for making this thread lively and enjoyable to lurkers like me.

:kiss_wink:

• Like 12
  • Love 10

I am happy that tonight, where i live, there is finally a nice cold wind outside. Lately, it’s been so hot, in the 100+ degrees. It’s nice to feel the fresh air through the window and not always the air conditioner through the vent lol.

tenor.gif

I have a feeling tomorrow’s episode will be epic! We are going to be hit with so much, we won’t know where to begin but we are ready..i think ;)

then goodnight everyone! See you guys at the live party tomorrow! Hopefully no new spoilers are released when I am sleeping haha. 

@winnieho hi chingu! It’s been a while since

we have watched a drama together! Glad you are enjoying this one with us! Come by and chat with us here too when you want/can. We are a world of fun and talents here :D 

@mrsj3n we gonna be like this again tomorrow at live:

tenor.gif?itemid=11479966

:joy: *off to sleep I go*

• Like 3
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1

It's finally Saturday here for me and I've finally caught up with the pages and I'm finally watching episode 12 from my mini marathon for TKEM.

I have a new resolution today:

tenor.gif

and I'm gonna stay like this first till the LIVE party because

tenor.gif

:joy:

Edit to say:

@vangsweetie637 LOL. Ikr? But that's what make it all exciting!

I know I'll be cursing non stop throughout. Lol

Goodnight!!! See you later at the LIVE party!

• Like 3
  • LOL 8

2 hours ago, rambutan said:
10 hours ago, ponderings said:

I like to build off of bebebisous33's observations of TE's personality in her analysis, The Earth is Flat: Jeong Tae Eul's Relationship to Sciences and Faith

I will speculate what Myer-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) is for Jung Tae Eul and Lee Gon. Four traits determine your MBTI:

• Introvert(I)/Extrovert(E) 
  • Sensing(S)/Intuitive(N) 
  • Thinking(T)/Feeling(F)
  • Perceptive(P)/Judging(J)

If you want to learn more about MBTI, you can visit 16Personalities and/or read Gifts Differing by Isabel Briggs Myers with Peter B. Myers. 

OMG, thank you very much for leading me to MBTI. I remember LG mentioning MBTI, and thought of looking it up but now I don't have to. I took the test, and it was spot on, even predicting my profession/job title. Wow!

Oh... same here! Thanks for sharing it. I just need to click on the link easily. Well. I did the test and well. It's fun to see what I got. It says I'm a protagonist. Haha. There are several questions in it and I answered it partly serious and the rest is just clicking on it. I guess I have to do it once more to see the valid result of it. Anyway @ponderings thanks! 

As @Heretorant said TKEM makes your brain works better. I am glad not being the stupid one here. Lol

Somehow we've studied, watched all of shows and read a lot of stuffs and TKEM like reviving all of those in one try. Hahaha. If you know what I mean. 

• Like 5
  • Love 3

3 hours ago, deabakdrama said:

To continue my previous thought

4. LG aware that he could not change the fate, he goes back to the timeline to meet up with TE for farewell. Both of them were so burden to leave behind each behind, but they have no choice. LG understands that he has to close the gate in order to restore the balance of the universes. The preview 13 has shown that TE standing at the front yard missing LG from deep. I am speechless with KGE's acting. 

5. However, our King manages to make his 2nd coming back to ROK as what he promises to TE that he will find her wherever she goes. But, our King, LG can't remember anything when he makes his return to ROK. He is not even remember TE. That's why, when they meet up again at the first place they met, it is TE goes to hug LG first, but LG has no reaction. Something might happened to our king, may be he got short-term memory lose :grimace: because strike by lightning?? 

I shall believe that he will regain his memory back. 

6. Guys, let say my theory is correct, could someone tell me why LR was caught by TE/Luna and SJ in ROK in episode 1. He should have punishment in KOC. In KOC, LR will be beheaded by the King (secretly :glasses:) , but in ROK, he has no identity, no nationality. How they are going to charge him or punish him? 

7. I believe that LJH in ROK is no longer exist. It is very difficult for me to believe that he is still alive because LG has lightning scar at his shoulder.  

Daebak..  Thank you for all the theory, it's true or not but it's fun to read it:D

About ep 1 .. Did you think LR was caught in KOC?  Look at his profile on Sin Jae hand, there is KOC Flag watermark!  Someone tell me that and I compare to other episode and wow, that's correct, that's KOC flag!  But why sin jae have it?  Is they in KOC or ROK?  

If KOC, why sin jae and tae eul is there? 

If ROK, why Lee Rim there and why the profile that in sin jae hand have KOC flag watermark, 

But I think that is in ROK,  because Tae Eul ask Lee Rim about killed his brother,  not said King, 

Ah..it's to hard for My brain :huh:

Edit :

Aha..  Or.. Maybe like this.. In 2020,

Lee Rim and Lee Gon fight in ROK,  Lee Rim is lose and Tae eul&Sin Jae arrest him,the reason is to kill his brother (his brother in ROK) 

Or.. 

Aaahh I don't know anymore:crazy:

When I figure out something, and then something wrong come,  make it's not correct :lol:

I'm give up:lol:

• Like 3
  • LOL 5

We saw a spoiler for episode 13 in a RUSH hour Mode wherein TOO MANY THINGS should happen.

Man livestreaming blogging is stressful. But it Helps to Understand the facial expression and Voice Modulations of Actor Better. I mean at this point when I livestream, I understand the intent By Mere Facial expresiions itself then do a rewatch with subs.

Ps- I also will ship LR and PM Koo..lol.Funny thing being Her Age was the Longest discussion we had about her character one after the other in this thread. :P Also her Flip Down hairstyle and Flip up hairstyle as pointed by someone very general to kdramas in terms of how a character graph changes was true somehow :D

• Like 5
  • LOL 3

4 hours ago, deabakdrama said:

He should have punishment in KOC. In KOC, LR will be beheaded by the King (secretly :glasses:) , but in ROK, he has no identity, no nationality. How they are going to charge him or punish him? 

Actually it would be complicated and not wise for LR to be punished in KOC.  For one, the country knows he is already dead.  So bringing him to face charges in the Kingdom would open up the fact that the Palace lied 25 years ago and that the lie was perpetuated by the late Prince & OkNam (which LG is not yet aware of or at least that's what the drama has shown so far. Remember the press briefing?  That's why the press release of the palace only involved traitors from LR's group, not LR. 

In ROK, the police team can help LG is coming up with all sorts of charges. Remember SJ fighting it off in the alley with LR's now dead henchman?  He tossed his wallet & said everything from then on will be self-defense. Or, with LR's story about the flute, the kingdom or being 70 yo while looking 40, he can be locked up due to insanity. 

• Like 6
  • Awesome 2

LOL.. Sometimes the drama is filmed not in sequence.

E.g. Ending for Goblin was already filmed wayyyyyyy in advance. So technically the cast and crew somewhat knew the ending.

[Unless the writer decided to change the ending]

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, blobbityblobbityblob said:

Do y'all think that watching it livestreamed without subs takes away suspense & excitement when you rewatch it on Netflix/wherever with subs?

I'm contemplating whether to watch it livestreamed but kind of scared it will dilute the full experience :P

DO IT! DO IT! 

Disclaimer: this chant has nothing to do with lmh and kge, in case you’re wondering @mychoiyoung :lol:

@blobbityblobbityblob nothing is more fun than understanding absolutely nothing and yelling at the screen. I honestly don’t think it ruins the experience but I would hold off on commenting if you’re confused until you watch it with subs. I’m guilty of blaming the show for this and that and then realizing all my questions are answered once I watch with subs lol. 

@Dramanoona right?! Where is their couch talk? Why is swoon being so greedy and not releasing it? I know they have one more up their sleeves. There’s photos of lmh and kge holding white boards. I’m certain they have at least one more swoon interview. 

I say, RELEASE IT!!! 

• Like 6
  • LOL 5

7 minutes ago, blobbityblobbityblob said:

Do y'all think that watching it livestreamed without subs takes away suspense & excitement when you rewatch it on Netflix/wherever with subs?

I'm contemplating whether to watch it livestreamed but kind of scared it will dilute the full experience :P

@blobbityblobbityblob Sometimes, i struggle whether to watch it live streamed or not? Anyway, i always opt for later choice. :blush:

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, blobbityblobbityblob said:

Livestreaming : It is heart pounding and your emotions and reactions tend me be all over the place.

I have live recapped before (with elementary level of Korean) so there is a lot of guesswork as to what they are really saying.

I tend to watch live and then later with subs and I don't find it dilutes the experience.

For TKEM though, because the concept is rather mind-boggling and a lot of talking takes place, I prefer to watch with subs as soon as it is out.

And try my best to avoid spoilers before  watching it.

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, SweetButters said:

OMG KGE did this beautiful cover of “Ill Never Love Again” :bawling::love:

As an avid shipper, I just want to point out you might make LMH jealous. He hasn't done a duet yet with KGE. :phew:

• LOL 7
  • Love 1