[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

I'm thinking to livestream this episode as well, I haven't livestreamed for TKEM before, I hope the link I have works at the time fingers crossed!! I usually wait till midnight to watch it with subs, since I'm the type to relax and watch at night even though its available at around 7 AM for me here on Netflix. Which is why I'm always on here late at night, and I do my catch up then too! I do avoid spoilers all day though so that helps my experience later on.

I did do live recaps though for DOTS and I do understand conversational Korean enough but in terms of TKEM with its huge concepts and all that, it may be difficult but I'd like to be up for the challenge, it's a lot of back and forth though 

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47fc5586bf08281e2db0

• Like 9

30 minutes ago, blobbityblobbityblob said:

Do y'all think that watching it livestreamed without subs takes away suspense & excitement when you rewatch it on Netflix/wherever with subs?

I'm contemplating whether to watch it livestreamed but kind of scared it will dilute the full experience :P

I don't watch the livestream.  I only have to wait one hour anyway.  I avoid all forums and chat groups while waiting.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, Heretorant said:
30 minutes ago, blobbityblobbityblob said:

Do y'all think that watching it livestreamed without subs takes away suspense & excitement when you rewatch it on Netflix/wherever with subs?

I'm contemplating whether to watch it livestreamed but kind of scared it will dilute the full experience :P

DO IT! DO IT! 

Disclaimer: this chant has nothing to do with lmh and kge, in case you’re wondering @mychoiyoung :lol:

My dear, at this point, I wouldn't put it past you. smh

• LOL 4

@vangsweetie637 Hello back! :blush: When you wake up, it’ll be many pages later LOL. I’m going to enjoy the ride with this drama and hope for a happy ending! Looking forward to tonight’s live party here. ”clink glasses” (soompi doesn’t have clink glasses emoji so I’m writing it out). 

Cheers everyone!

• Like 7

If I did the livestream I would end up tossing my laptop out of the window cus I can’t understand anything hahaha

good night y’all.  Will see who’s still alive in six hours.  

GOOD LUCK LIVESTREAMERS!  

• Like 1
  • LOL 7

45 minutes ago, blobbityblobbityblob said:

I have been doing this since episode 8, and for me, No, the suspense and excitement's still there. It makes you frustrated and want the subbed version even more to understand what they are talking about. It's just me though coz I couldn't help myself from being away from this forum or other SNS so I tend to see spoilers along the way. That's why I just watch the livestream and wait for Netflix to upload the English sub after 15 min. :joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, mamabear said:

I have been doing this since episode 8, and for me, No, the suspense and excitement's still there. It makes you frustrated and want the subbed version even more to understand what they are talking about. It's just me though coz I couldn't help myself from being away from this forum or other SNS so I tend to see spoilers along the way. That's why I just watch the livestream and wait for Netflix to upload the English sub after 15 min. :joy:

Same here. It doesnt affect my watching experience.  I'd even go to the extent  of saying it actually enhances my viewing experience.  I watch their expressions first, then what they really said with the subbed version. However, i would highly not recommend to those with real anxiety issues cos it can definitely go from 0 to 100 when you only understand saranghae.

• LOL 7

53 minutes ago, koreaboooo said:

As an avid shipper, I just want to point out you might make LMH jealous. He hasn't done a duet yet with KGE. :phew:

@koreaboooo HAHAHA. I’m just imagining then that at their wedding, they’ll do a duet together:wub:!! I bet from those new stills, there’s going to be a ring in the seeds packet:heart:. Hahahah 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Okay I’m watching episode 1 again and we have another mystery.  The rabbit costumed person that somehow made it to the palace - LG chases after them and that’s how he found the portal.  As he crosses, TE sees a glimpse of Luna in her mirror, which we know now is because the gateway opens and you can see your parallel self.  Luna is in the rabbit sweatshirt.  So within minutes (ish) of LG chasing a rabbit outfit person, TE sees Luna wearing that exact outfit. 

So how and why did Luna run around the horse training grounds?

Oh god my JTE time remnant theory is banging around in my head and I just WANT TO SLEEP!

• Like 2
  • LOL 8

3 minutes ago, wenchanteur said:

Hi,

I need an answer from you, the experts.

In episode 12, there's a sex bed scene ? :sweatingbullets:

Kissing scene in a bed, yes.   What happened after is left to our imagination. :joy:

• Like 7
  • LOL 3

After rewatching, I came to a few conclusion. 

Something is going to happen that will push LG to time travel. 

1. JTE is fatally wounded

2. He finds out the gateway between both universe is being destroyed and getting more imbalance and hence he has to go back in time to undo all the doppelgangers murders (that is causing the imbalance) 

Which then leads us to LG face off with LR. Somehow, LG will get the flute as a whole. I have a feeling the whole things with LR will be settle in 1 - 2 episodes and perhaps the rest and more is about LG travels through time back n forth to try to reset things and I think he will put things in such a way that LR will be caught the moment in ROK. Like a setup.

He could also be putting and laying clues for himself to find JTE again which may explains why LG is in ROK. I think he recognize TE maybe. But was too shock that she hug him first. 

I believe the current timeline we are watching is a reset of a few time lines. Like someone mentioned earlier, both TE and LG fell in love too fast and it could probably be because they have love each other many many times already in the course of a repeat of time lines. Kind of like residue feelings. The kind that u feel like u know this person.. Like there is some connection to that person. 

I also believe and the end, to finally perfect the rest, TE will time travel with LG. That is why we see both in like a different era. 

I am still trying to figure out what I saw in the latest MV, where LR is holding TE's police ID in the bookstore. Is there a meaning to this? Also, LG did not meant to leave TE police ID behind for his younger self in the rescue. It just fell. So, many possibilities there 

• Like 7

Just now, CatWhiskers said:

I am still trying to figure out what I saw in the latest MV, where LR is holding TE's police ID in the bookstore. Is there a meaning to this? Also, LG did not meant to leave TE police ID behind for his younger self in the rescue. It just fell. So, many possibilities there 

Didn't we see this scene in a previous episode already?  Or is there another scene of him with the ID?  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, gwin said:

Didn't we see this scene in a previous episode already?  Or is there another scene of him with the ID?  

There is? Which episode was it that LR got TE's ID? 

In the second part, yes. LG told TE he recognizer her because someone drop the ID of her when rescuing him. But now we know, it wasn't drop on purpose. Young LG himself took it from the LG that save him. The question here is.. Why would time travelling LG have TE's ID with him when saving his younger self? 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

So how and why did Luna run around the horse training grounds?

I think the first time around at the rowing competition Luna was trying to escape the guys following her, and the rabbit outfit piqued LG's interest

The 2nd time around at the horse training grounds must have been intentional, but I have no idea why she'd do that

EDIT: About TE's ID being dropped, that's super confusing like surely LG would want to reset the timeline such that he would still meet JTE since he obviously loves her a lot and is most probably trying to find a beautiful solution where he closes the doors but still can open a door later on to meet JTE or something like that, so he'd want to leave evidence of her (in the form of the ID) so that he could find her again. But why would he, in the original sequence, stand up and leave and it seems like young LG grabbing the ID was an accident not intended by the saviour?

• Like 7