[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

On 12/30/2019 at 8:34 AM, jadore1 said:

Catching up with 5 & 6.  My village house inspector is in a dog house :mask: , but what a great tribe of women coming to support Sari . I have to try dry pollock and beer next time lol.  Poor Rat , he loves his little son and his wife and little family , and yet his job makes him an outcast and i don't know how he will get back on track after such abuse by his superiors, but i hope he does .   

I have decided that women should take over the world so we can get rid of stupid wars and male obsessed killings ...what it boils down all of the counties are piece of s....t when it comes to current systems . 

@jadore1 hi! :lol: Nice to meet you again.

Finally a drama which helps me overcome my serious withdrawal from Cdrama AMA! Am I the only one who's obsessed with men in military attire?:P

I watch CLOY because I read that my bias Ha Suk Jin will be Hyun Bin's elder brother and School 2017's Kim Jung Hyun will be the 2nd lead but I was completely mesmerised by Hyun Bin!:heart:

I'm so loving CLOY that I'm rewatching it and love the off the chart chemistry between HB & SYJ. It's sad that HSJ's role is only a cameo though. KJH is brilliant in his role as the conman and SJH is perfect as the cold, jealous 2nd female lead (just as in Black Knight).:love:

• Like 11
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
  • Thanks 1

Spoiler

@JMarei These photos are so telling about HB and SYJ's relationship - This scene is meant to be so sombre yet they're at ease with each other. Their chemistry is undeniable, they seem so comfortable with each other even tvN is broadcasting them aha. 

Spoiler

Spoiler

@Ameera Ali I absolutely love this scene, when Kdrama show how much the guy is lingering and setting up a situation where they 'passed by' at the right time are the cutest. The idea that they want to seem aloof and unattached actually backfires when they try again and again to make sure the timing is right between them. Who knew HB is this good a slapstick actor - especially that landmine scene made me laugh out loud. 

22 hours ago, hibiscus23 said:

@yongwonhi4jfc hahaha i do recall that scene & what really makes me admire HB's charac more is his innocent looks & being so naive! I hv a strong feeling he'll defect to the South & be w/his love of his life SR! We just can't wait right? However, it's sad to realize we won't see CLOY this w/end :( I also like the part where he was cooking diligently for SR & his kitchen/cooking skills were just too impressive! Sometimes I almost wished there's someone in the NK who would be like him, we may never know bc after all some of them may have a heart like him! Look at the 4 squads they're just adorable too! :love:

Yes let's hope the ratings go waaay up - after all this drama & the writer/s deserve it let alone the leads!

I love that song SR sung & i can listen to it incessantly & never get tired of it! @thi2018 many thx for sharing!

12 hours ago, hibiscus23 said:

cr: rowooni

@hibiscus23 Don't you think this seems like a scene where they meet each other again - I know RJH is not meant to be in uniform outside of N. Korea but the fact that he's wearing such a pristine white top makes me think he has renounced his soldier life? This is me being hopeful. But if this is the last scene in the series I'll lose it. If this is the kind of open ended ending the writer-nim is looking for I better start learning Korean and write to her immediately. I miss watching HB, his character in secret garden was too arrogant, I really prefer him in this light where he's upright and morally righteous, would do anything to protect the person he loves. Kyah~ I cannot believe I'm still so hooked on kdrama, thought I would outgrow it by now aha! 

21 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Hmm, that seems out of character for RJH. His family means a lot to him. He gave up his piano future to go back to NK and join the military because his brother died. There was a comment made early on that either his brother or he would have had to go into the military because of his father's position, and that his brother had done it so that RJH could pursue the piano. It's not clear whether RJH joined the military because of his father's wishes or his own in trying to figure out why and how his brother died. Either way, it speaks to his character. He's been shown as a dutiful, loyal, and upstanding son. If he defects to the South, it will jeopardize his family in NK and he knows that.

Btw, with respect to joining the NK military, there is universal conscription in NK and for 10+ years for all men and a number of women, but the children of political elites are usually exempt from conscription. Having said that, because their father is a Defense Minister, they would have felt pressure to do their service. Speaking of which, RJH does not seem to have been in the military for very long.

Even by living in Switzerland, there are still some of the same issues, if RJH actually wanted to marry SR. It would be a high profile marriage, especially since SR comes from a chaebol background and he from a high ranking official's family. That would not be well received in NK, and have ramifications for RJH's family. Not to mention that eventually, RJH would be expected to return to NK to live with his wife.

I think the only way that I can really see a happy ending for the OTP is if the writer ends up writing a future reunification of the peninsula, or if RJH's whole family is forced to defect to SK along with him, or if SR gives up her life in SK to defect to NK to be with RJH.  This last ending of SR defecting to NK for love probably wouldn't prove very popular with the SK audiences, however.

Or I could be being too realistic about it. I suppose since it's fictional, the writer could just write that RJH ends up with SR with no consequences other than RJH being cut out of his family's life and history.

I find the beginning of this drama fun as SR and JH get to know each other and keep having to stay together despite SR wanting to go back and JH trying to get her back home. The scenes between JH and SR are cute, as are SR's interactions with JH's squad. However, this is a fish out of water drama about a SK princess-type being trapped in the world's most absolute and brutal totalitarian regime in the world. It's hard for me to think that from here on out, there is going to be a lot of angst, for the OTP but also for anyone who had been friendly with them or been helping them.

I have some mixed feelings about this drama, though I am totally in love with RJH, and so happy to be able to see HB in a drama again. :wub:

Happy New Year, everybody!

20 hours ago, m i s z CHEN said:

I have to agree with you ~ I feel like the most possible ending would be a reunification. The writer seems to have hinted about it a few times (Seri's awards with redeeming them upon reunification, etc). I just don't think it would be in RJH's character to defect to the South. I also think it's unrealistic for Seri to give up her family and status in SK to remain in NK. I think either a reunification happy ending, or perhaps, they will reunite in Switzerland but you make solid points about their future marriage - I don't know if we will get that far. It might just be reuniting in Switzerland and starting their official relationship (if it hasn't been started already). I have mixed feelings. I think the bulk of the drama will still remain in NK as it makes sense for all the characters and eventually Seri will separate from RJH and return, but some type of reunification will happen - either with the peninsulas or our OTP in another country.

@stroppyse@m i s z CHEN I don't know you guys, I don't think reunification under the pen of a writer would proof to be that popular. Especially in this political climate, if anything they want to avoid anything controversial that may stir up the feelings of reunification. To oversimplify the idea of reunification for the guise of love is just too irresponsible,  and I don't know if that's the tone they want to take with this drama. I completely agree that there is no chance that Seri could ever defect for love, especially passing up the most important role in her life as the CEO of her father's company. I didn't watch Blue Legend, but if her writing is anything like - that idea of the couple is "us against the world" - I feel like it's RJH and Seri would meet in Switzerland every x amount of months as this is the only way they can be with each other. 

Happy New Year everyone ~ Hope 2020 is the new roaring twenties with fills you with abundance of wealth, health and good fortune! 

6oY5kAf.jpg

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks! :)
  • Like 12
  • Love 3

What are we all going to do until next weekend? Ahhhh. I’ve been wasting a lot of time hanging out at DC Inside, the Korean forum, and will try to translate bits of this superb essay I found a few days ago. In the meantime, here’s a translation of something I just read:

”Jeong Hyuk’s going to kiss her first. She’ll be crying for whatever reason and at a loss for words, all he can do is answer her with a kiss.”

”Omo that feels so real my heart fluttered just reading that”

“Not something he would normally do but yes, when something happens to make him lose control” (like someone pointing a gun at Seri? Hmm...:phew:)

”Oh I can’t imagine, Jeong Hyuk’s repressed emotions showing through?”

And from another post: “is there any other way for Seri to return to South Korea?”

”Nah. She’d have to die first. But that would kill Jeong Hyuk too.”

More translations later when I need a break from work :ph34r:

P.S. no wonder the preview from ep 7 was so bare!!! It barely told us anything! Because they hadn’t finished shooting it obviously. Haha.

• Like 11
  • LOL 2
  • Thanks 3

23 minutes ago, justamom said:

Jeong Hyuk’s going to kiss her first. She’ll be crying for whatever reason and at a loss for words, all he can do is answer her with a kiss.

Although I am excited if this scenario happens, JH has to come clean with SD and literally everybody. Tbh, the cheating plot line irks me (I condemn any cheating behavior). He needs to be more decisive.

• Like 8
  • Love 1

@stroppyse

I was hoping for a happy ending for this drama but the reality about SK and NK made it difficult to imagine how it can be done.....:bawling: I hope it won't have any crappy ending like *cough MOA *cough....

On a brighter note.....Hyun Bin is absolutely dashing....:glasses: He has such expressive eyes that bore into your soul....:heart:

• Like 11
  • Love 4

I agree.the whole “Lets  Reunite North and South Korea just so the Characters can live happily ever after” Trivializes a very serious issue and not a good idea . 

The only way it could possibly work is if it’s shown to be in 30 or 40 years and not gone into any detail. Maybe an older Se Ri is watching TV and thinking about her sadly long lost love.She Hopes he has been well and happy with a wife and children  She lived a busy ,profitable life but never could marry.  Suddenly a phone rings.. Her secretary says someone name Ri  called. They meet on the street, gaze at each other and she gives him Her finger hearts at last. Roll credits.

...But who wants that? 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 6
  • LOL 7

5 minutes ago, RobinM said:

I agree.the whole “Lets  Reunite North and South Korea just so the Characters can live happily ever after” Trivializes a very serious issue and not a good idea . 

Yeah, it would literally tank the drama. Reunification is not a simple matter. I would rather have a sad or open ending.

• Like 6
  • Insightful 3

27 minutes ago, justamom said:

What are we all going to do until next weekend? Ahhhh. I’ve been wasting a lot of time hanging out at DC Inside, the Korean forum, and will try to translate bits of this superb essay I found a few days ago. In the meantime, here’s a translation of something I just read:

”Jeong Hyuk’s going to kiss her first. She’ll be crying for whatever reason and at a loss for words, all he can do is answer her with a kiss.”

”Omo that feels so real my heart fluttered just reading that”

“Not something he would normally do but yes, when something happens to make him lose control” (like someone pointing a gun at Seri? Hmm...:phew:)

”Oh I can’t imagine, Jeong Hyuk’s repressed emotions showing through?”

And from another post: “is there any other way for Seri to return to South Korea?”

”Nah. She’d have to die first. But that would kill Jeong Hyuk too.”

More translations later when I need a break from work :ph34r:

P.S. no wonder the preview from ep 7 was so bare!!! It barely told us anything! Because they hadn’t finished shooting it obviously. Haha.

@justamom omg I love this! I've been lurking there as well ! They're definitely speculating the scene of the next kiss 

I need another angle of this kiss omo 

BhuBGMM.gif

Stealing glances at your beloved :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

giNRFrS.gif

1. Hospital Kiss Scene: 

SeRi is scared to death with tear streaming down her face and RJH kisses her to calm her down

2. Leaving for the South 

This is really the one last time you can give me a hug and he kisses her

3. They break out but find out they meet in Switzerland earlier than they expect kiss (???!)

Waiting for someone else with better Korean skills than I to translate

• Like 15

7 minutes ago, INeedAFan said:

Although I am excited if this scenario happens, JH has to come clean with SD and literally everybody. Tbh, the cheating plot line irks me (I condemn any cheating behavior). He needs to be more decisive.

He will not kiss or Let Se Ri know his feelings as long as the marriage is on and He won’t break the engagement himself.  It’s not indecisiveness but  His honorability and filial nature that keeps him emotionally repressed and not able to act for his own happiness.

• Like 8
  • Love 5

6 hours ago, an-naum said:

So far, i have watched two episodes while doing house core in Public Holiday today. I'm not hook to the stories yet. The only thing that keep me glue is Hyun Bin and KJH. 

The scene in NK was not convincing. It just me or not, they act like they are living in SK. From documenteries that I've seen, NK life is much more boring. Feels like the oldies. Sorry about that. 

Hope it will be ok afterwards. 

Err.. DOTS, was entertaining since the beginning. 

Errr... Dramas can be subjective. There's no point in comparing. Each viewer have different taste, after all. I have seen DOTS too and I think I belong to the minority of viewers who doesn't like it despite the hype. As for CLOY, there are several parts of it that aren't convincing (and there are flaws everywhere as well) But hey, it's just a drama, a work of fiction, so anything can happen, SKY is the limit. Good thing I am not fond of reading/watching documentaries about NK so I cannot be critical towards drama like this. I just sit back, relax and enjoy the show... convincing or not. Peace, Yo!

• Like 18
  • LOL 4
  • Insightful 2

@yongwonhi4jfc same here  i thought i'd stopped watching kdramas for a while to hv a brk so for the past months or so i kinda lagged on & watched some SYJ's old dramas even All Alone, etc plus Summer Scent & lately her movie with HB The Negotiator but anyway this drama really got me hooked again & since I heard about it I just kept searching for articles & updates about CLOY and voila here I am converging w/you comrades again! Well HB charac in SG as I can recall & agrees w/you was a bit of arrogant & this drama really fits him and once again his innocent looks just makes me love him more :heart:.

In about a few hours this page grew so much it's hard to keep up LOL!

Some of you mentioned reunification, i think we can only hope/pray it will happen one day, some day bc after all it shld just be ONE country and not separated at all which affects a lot of families for decades now & we hear a lot of stories  - sad ones fr how their lives in NK have been and as we speak may have been harder compared to ppl in SK!

Anyway, that kiss or next kiss will be much anticipated in the next few weeks LOL

BTW how come some of the hidden stuff are no longer working here? :o

Woah so much to read here & I just can't keep up hahaha

@sadthe1st thx for sharing HB video woah he seems very shy & humble! awww he's just adorable! Just a wild guess it may have been fr one of the awards where he was being complimented or something!

343c307ad7de4a4810ff3b1fc08f4d1862bc9cf4

These scenes were quite cute & as usual she's a big teaser!

a483f670b4fa2a924c687f27052e85cbcc1dbf61

c46d8d7788dd632f220ea6deb0e02a07a73865b4

Spoiler

dab90e989a702cdae412731d742b65609675c820

• Like 14
  • LOL 3