[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

17 hours ago, dftio said:

I love how Park Ji Eun never fails to make a legend out of her leads, as she propelled Kim Soo Hyun to top star tier, Hyun Bin could once again remind us that he is DEFINITELY swoon-worthy material (I mean not that he isn't already drop dead gorgeous and a global star)

In Episode 6 alone, the parallels (literally) of how he looked after Se-Ri quietly from afar-- from when he followed/walked/chased alongside Se-Ri and Seung Joon in the park, to his trailing skills on that sleek but mean bike beside Se-Ri's truck; it is all his way of quietly and genuinely caring for her.

I have to wonder, at this stage, he must love her already, does he not? But the realistic me can't help but wonder, who falls so deeply in love within days of having known each other!

He risks having his engagement fall apart (which he so righteously wants to maintain and makes clear to Se-Ri about) and has not second thoughts in laying his life on the line to take the bullet for her, all this time maintaining that his position is "supervision" and "keeping his promise" to protect her.

Is that his way of hiding his feelings, to justify his budding emotions and attraction towards Se-Ri despite only meeting her once in Switzerland prior to this encounter? Or is he simply so honest he does not even realize that he loves this woman!

Either way, how can the audience not go mad over someone who has looks and a physique to-die-for, POUTS the way he does, and protects you with his life even though he has known you for such a short period of time.

Ah, the irony of romantic k-dramas. :wub:

There are some greats loves that doesnt require a lot of time to come by, when he met her i think he knew very quickly that woman was special to him and was going to change his life. She also wakes up a certain instinct in him and this has happened since the beginning. Sometimes in life you meet someone and something inside of you just wakes up, especially when you have been in a sleeping state for many years which he has been since his brother died and he was forced to join the army. They both found something in each other that woke up their will to live again but not just breathing but being fully awake this time and that's what they will eventually have to fight to hold on to no matter what difficulty comes. Frankly this is already such a beautiful love story.

• Like 12
  • Love 9

12 hours ago, sharluvsenergy said:

I have a different opinion on this. I feel that it was a very raw emotional moment for all of them as they are parting ways soon and her raw voice, even though not great, felt very real and suitable for the atmosphere there and then. :)

@sharluvsenergy i cldnt agree w/you any better than this, i thought so too & besides the writer or PD i assume would like her singing not to be perfect so it would just come out 'naturally'.

• Like 11
  • Love 1

It's sad to have no-drama this week. New Year is not as good as it is to meeee.

Anyway, I believe one week off is enough for our Ri Captain has his recovery soon:rolleyes:. But with my crazy mind:tounge_xd:, because he had the same time to be shoot with the most handsome guy Gwangbeom in team, I want to see a jealousy patient who wanted the most caring from Seri. Seri maybe busy to take care for Gwangbeom a bit, then she will receive another pout from him like when she dropped too many finger hearts. :tounge_wink:

Haha. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 13

18 hours ago, KimSooHanMoo said:

Was SD’s uncle in Parasite? I don’t think so? Only the mother is. She was Choi WooShik’s and Park Sodam’s characters’ mom. Her husband in Parasite is Song Kang Ho.

SD's uncle was also in Parasite. [Spoiler ahead] He's the original parasite. The husband of the original ahjumma caretaker, hiding in the bunk downstairs for years. Those bulging eye are so iconic. See profile here: http://asianwiki.com/Park_Myoung-Hoon_(1975)

I was super scared of his character in Parasite so I was surprised at how he becomes the almost clueless NK officer here. High-ranking at that. 

18 hours ago, margerytka said:

exactly.
(BTW. I am surprised that as a parasite she did not go to prison)
Now you can see how good the actress is.
She makes a beautiful idiot of himself.
It's hard not to like her in this role. :)

I kind of noticed it was her only when her hair was down before "upgrading" it at the salon haha. Her character does a lot of cringey things even for her own daughter but to me her over-the-top acting is on the spot for her over-the-top character.  :lol:

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for sharing this info.. 

Air previous episodes... so there will be a broadcast!

I am sad to hear there will be no new episodes as I am so piqued to know what happens to Capt Ri! Been following this closely on Netflix as soon as it’s ready !

loving this story very much..

I rewatched secret garden again. Realised Hyun bin looks just as young ! It’s a decade ago !!! 

• Like 11

I'm so sad because I won't watch my current favourite drama this week :tears:.

As some soompiers, I thought they had filmed several episodes since they started in July-August. Indeed, CLOL premiered a month later since Melting me softly ends.

I hope it's because the bad weather or because they want to relax some days, and not because tomorrow there'll be some New year's news (Dispatch news :phew:...).

• Like 6
  • LOL 7

Same here, I thought they had at least 6 episodes under their belt prior to airing.

Anyway, do you guys think RJH realises that SR has started to fall in love with him? I was watching episode 5 and 6 and I noticed that his demeanor changed considerably at the last half hour of episode 6. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, taekwang said:

Thank you for sharing this info.. 

Air previous episodes... so there will be a broadcast!

I am sad to hear there will be no new episodes as I am so piqued to know what happens to Capt Ri! Been following this closely on Netflix as soon as it’s ready !

loving this story very much..

I rewatched secret garden again. Realised Hyun bin looks just as young ! It’s a decade ago !!! 

I also rewatched secret garden not too long ago!! And yes I am amazed as to how he can look nearly the same, if not just a teeny weeny bit more mature with manliness just OOzing out of him :relaxed:

Gosh I have already watched all the episodes more than twice each, how am I gonna wait nearly 2 weeks especially when they left us on a cliffhanger :crazy:

My biggest worry is that the show will lose momentum after taking such a huge break, after all it is SO close to breaking 10% in ratings. If only they did 1 episode this week and 1 next week. Although I guess I definitely can sympathise with the staff who would want a break.

@dulcinea1 I know what news you're referring to, hehehe! I would be OVER the moon if it is indeed that. But I highly doubt it, because if anything it should be publicity and help the ratings! 

• Like 10
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, yerinfish said:

SD's uncle was also in Parasite. [Spoiler ahead] He's the original parasite. The husband of the original ahjumma caretaker, hiding in the bunk downstairs for years. Those bulging eye are so iconic. See profile here: http://asianwiki.com/Park_Myoung-Hoon_(1975)

I was super scared of his character in Parasite so I was surprised at how he becomes the almost clueless NK officer here. High-ranking at that. 

I kind of noticed it was her only when her hair was down before "upgrading" it at the salon haha. Her character does a lot of cringey things even for her own daughter but to me her over-the-top acting is on the spot for her over-the-top character.  :lol:

actualy the supporting cast is a well known actors and have good cv in their works

Seo Dan Mom (jang hye jin) & Uncle (park myoung hoon) plays In Parasite as mom and killer.

Also the Ajuhma di NK village

like Kim Sun Young ,she always became support cast in vagabond,when camelia blooms,legend of blue sea.

Jang So-Yeon played son ye jin friend in pretty noona buys me food.

and the leader of ajuhma kim jung nan played in sky castle

• Like 7
  • Love 1

this is an off topic but i just personally find it so fascinating at how the north koreans are portrayed im sure there must be some truth to their portrayed life .. and it so weird to see them stuck in the  1960s , compared to their neighbours the south koreans who are literally right next to them but are way more advanced. seems so sad. I had to go wiki and the electricity going off its real! its a black hole at night surrounded by glitzy south korea and china.. sad..

• Like 9

22 hours ago, margerytka said:

I'm really worried about the gun on the left ...

I think the hand belongs to 

Spoiler

Jo Cheol-kang. In the previous episodes, he often put his gloves on.

@poipoipo

One thing that stands out for me is the drama’s reminder about ordinary people in NK. Albeit its exuberant portrayal of NK, this drama makes one think of their ordinary life. We only hear, read, and watch news about the NK’s government and its nuclear activities. However, we often forget about people who might/might not depend on the government to live their lives.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, hibiscus23 said:
Spoiler

@yongwonhi4jfc First of woah thanks for sharing those cute photos, etc..I agree the way RJH remains very conservative as it is in NK he manages to keep his feelings for her which obviously he's very attractive to her and it's just amazing how he's over protective of her! I like the way the writer makes him innocent looking in some scenes if not naive in more ways than one! He's adorable & definitely fits this role!  I think SR is obviously jealous of RJH's fiancee! Yes I agree that was the only time he's raised his voice at her when she happens to meet this guy fr SK & we can tell there's jealousy in there as he pulls away SR's hand away from him by that elevator scene! LOL

giphy.gif

@hibiscus23 I especially love the part when RJH found some hairgel in North Korea as he rode past! Haha, that was a nice change. Then in the next scene, his hair is down again. :)

I'm worried about the ratings as well, I only hope that TvN will release enough teasers and bts to hold the audiences' attention as we wait for 2 weeks. 

@sadthe1st I love how this low-key soldier wears omega and chopard at work.

The cutest fanart on SeRi doing the one thing she promised she'll never do for any man - 'I'll never be someone who waits for someone endlessly"

xCAMpUz.jpg

l42wwaD.jpg

Credits

• Like 13

This drama is really addictive. I enjoy every moment in the drama. By the way is there anyone who knows the name of the song Seri sings to the soldiers in the farewell party. I actually listened to that song about 20 years ago when I studied Korean. At that time my Korean teacher gave me a cassette of Korean songs and I still remember the rhythm of the song Seri sings. All my good memory came back and I was so moved to hear the song again. 

• Like 8

Oh well, I guess that does it for my plan to watch CLOY for the weekend before I go back to work.  I had a two week vacation and I watched and re-watched all the episodes, maybe 4 to 5 times, LOL!

Now I am really wondering whether the majority of episodes will take place in NK as opposed to SK?  After all, Captain RJH cannot leave his country to go to the other side.  That will seem to go against his character.  My prediction that Se-ri's escape from NK will not happen right away.  A lot of shenanigans has to happen first and our OTP needs to have time together.  And if she gets to go back, it will be through some diplomatic avenues.  She is extremely wealthy enough for her family to be able to arrange something with NK government.  This writer also likes to surprise the viewers as with You Who Came from the Stars - I never predicted the ending.

Well, I will get my fix by lurking around this forum.  A very Happy New Year to everyone from around the world!

• Like 14

10 minutes ago, lucia704 said:

This drama is really addictive. I enjoy every moment in the drama. By the way is there anyone who knows the name of the song Seri sings to the soldiers in the farewell party. I actually listened to that song about 20 years ago when I studied Korean. At that time my Korean teacher gave me a cassette of Korean songs and I still remember the rhythm of the song Seri sings. All my good memory came back and I was so moved to hear the song again. 

찬바람이 불면 when the cold wind blows

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, thi2018 said:

찬바람이 불면 when the cold wind blows

Thank you Thi2018. I remember vaguely about the name of the song but  fail to find it on YouTube. 

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote videos! Thanks! :)
  • Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1