[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

1 hour ago, RobinM said:

He will not kiss or Let Se Ri know his feelings as long as the marriage is on and He won’t break the engagement himself.  It’s not indecisiveness but  His honorability and filial nature that keeps him emotionally repressed and not able to act for his own happiness.

Agreed! We need the fiance to break up or call the marriage off before he pursues Seri or expresses how he feels directly (LOL cos he has been already and can't hide his feelings but he's holding back on telling her)

• Like 15

1 hour ago, yongwonhi4jfc said:

@stroppyse@m i s z CHEN I don't know you guys, I don't think reunification under the pen of a writer would proof to be that popular. Especially in this political climate, if anything they want to avoid anything controversial that may stir up the feelings of reunification. To oversimplify the idea of reunification for the guise of love is just too irresponsible,  and I don't know if that's the tone they want to take with this drama. I completely agree that there is no chance that Seri could ever defect for love, especially passing up the most important role in her life as the CEO of her father's company. I didn't watch Blue Legend, but if her writing is anything like - that idea of the couple is "us against the world" - I feel like it's RJH and Seri would meet in Switzerland every x amount of months as this is the only way they can be with each other. 

Happy New Year everyone ~ Hope 2020 is the new roaring twenties with fills you with abundance of wealth, health and good fortune! 

That is very true - you're right. I was too optimistic about a reuniification. I do think a more appropriate ending would be somewhere in Switzerland. Although I would hate for them to only be able to see or meet each other every X amount of months, but I don't know if the writer will take us that many years ahead. I think they will reunite in Switzerland and it (HOPEFULLY will not be an OPEN ending, but at least a happy ending) where they work something out! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

• Like 12

infact I thought of something else but since the forum should be kept family friendly.... I´m not going to mention it. :joy:

you need to a adopt NK style camera every where , even in the shower naughty naughty NK :joy:

15778980781577897942.gif

• Like 3
  • LOL 9

Seriously though He has given no indication he is physically attracted to Se Ri.He is falling more deeply in love by the day because of her quirky personality, spirit, kind heart which is fine but Maybe if and when they get to SK he might see her dressed up and ready to kill that might happen.

• Like 8
  • Awesome 1

31 minutes ago, m i s z CHEN said:

That is very true - you're right. I was too optimistic about a reuniification. I do think a more appropriate ending would be somewhere in Switzerland. Although I would hate for them to only be able to see or meet each other every X amount of months, but I don't know if the writer will take us that many years ahead. I think they will reunite in Switzerland and it (HOPEFULLY will not be an OPEN ending, but at least a happy ending) where they work something out! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

I actually don't think it has to end with a complete reunification. What I think would be a better idea is that if they show something along the lines of the first time since the countries split into two, they are willing to have diplomatic relations or something like that. That would leave the hope for a reunification/traveling freely between boarder open for the future but it doesn't have to explore it too deeply and hurt anyone's sentiments. And until then, they can always continue to meet in Switzerland.

• Like 13

Our drama tops Nielsen ratings again:

[HanCinema's News] "Crash Landing on You" Tops Nielsen Report for Third Straight Week

photo1137746.jpg

On December 31st a report comissioned by CJE&M and Nielsen Korea analyzed social media metrics for the fourth month of December.

According to this report, "Crash Landing on You" has maintained first place for its third straight week in terms of influence.

In second place was "Stove League", with the recently completed "VIP" in third place. "Black Dog" held fourth place while "Diary of a Prosecutor" was in fifth place. These rankings are only accurate for dramas. If variety shows are also included 'The Return of Superman' variety show about celebrity fathers was in first place, with "Crash Landing on You" in second.

Written by William Schwartz

• Like 12
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, m i s z CHEN said:

Agreed! We need the fiance to break up or call the marriage off before he pursues Seri or expresses how he feels directly (LOL cos he has been already and can't hide his feelings but he's holding back on telling her)

i think he doesn't really like this fiancee as we can see obviously from Ri's emotions if you will! He's just being obedient bc i think this is being arranged thru his/her parents? we won't be surprised if he breaks up w/her regardless of the circumstances! I think Ri & SR are match made in heaven :)

I hope you guys haven't posted their NGs yet but if you already did, pls excuse me! :(

• Like 11

12 hours ago, an-naum said:

So far, i have watched two episodes while doing house core in Public Holiday today. I'm not hook to the stories yet. The only thing that keep me glue is Hyun Bin and KJH. 

The scene in NK was not convincing. It just me or not, they act like they are living in SK. From documenteries that I've seen, NK life is much more boring. Feels like the oldies. Sorry about that. 

Hope it will be ok afterwards. 

Err.. DOTS, was entertaining since the beginning. 

You should read @KimSooHanMoo post at page 52. She translated an article in what a North Korean Defector thought on CLOY. All I can say is a well studied and well execute production. It really closely resembles what NK life is. 

• Like 12
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

CLOY comrades, I came across this YT vid of HB/SYJ prior to premiere of their drama but again not sure if you guys have seen this and hopefully, no one wld mind if it has been posted here! sometimes it's not bad if it's a 'repeat' of something here bc it's not easy to glide again through the pages right? :wub:

I think this vid of them was cute and both are very charming! I notice SYJ always smiling, she's such a sweetie! (with Eng subs)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mye-lYq2ssU

cr: Ngoc Nguyen

• Like 3
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, m i s z CHEN said:

@m i s z CHEN No not at all, I think you had a valid point and I do hope for a happy ending too! But I just don't know if reunification is a good idea to portray in a light-hearted drama...that has yet to descend into a truly melodramatic drama. It will break my heart just thinking about how they need to wait for each other and this forbidden love.

pTR49UP.gif

I think RJH has been very filial and respectful to his parents but not enough to completely ignore his feelings. His cold facade has cracked more than once when he's with her and he has broken a few rules for SeRi. Okay, I don't expect him to renounce his whole family and come out as the enemy of the state but his repressed feelings surely need to be overcome after trying to protect her from gunfire and being killed. The lengths that he has gone through to secure the safety of SeRi has gone beyond what is expected and what he should have done. If anything, everything he has done so far has been 'out of character' for his rank and his background. Marrying Dan is responsibility but when it comes to tugging his heart strings I don't think he has issues kissing or showing SeRI affection. Especially after this life/death situation, maybe the knetizens are right in predicting a hospital kiss - that he's so overwhelmed with this affection that he shows her the kind of affection that make the other soldier blush. That's the kind of scene I'd love to see next week :D

1gV0Tgd.gif

DxNcHno.gif

He only grins when it comes to her antics

I don't think Dan will call off the engagement, especially after the reputation she has with such a long engagement. Perhaps to throw someone else off their path and to not reveal her true feelings that's why she said "I care not if my fiance is dead or hurt?!" Especially for someone to held onto a photo - the only confirmation of this engagement has ever taken place. To remove this huge obstacle to their love is to take away the tension far too early in this series - I feel like to make sure it's ultra melodramatic, they won't remove this source of angst. 

xfCHaMZ.jpg

5 hours ago, hibiscus23 said:

@yongwonhi4jfc@ same here  i thought i'd stopped watching kdramas for a while to hv a brk so for the past months or so i kinda lagged on & watched some SYJ's old dramas even All Alone, etc plus Summer Scent & lately her movie with HB The Negotiator but anyway this drama really got me hooked again & since I heard about it I just kept searching for articles & updates about CLOY and voila here I am converging w/you comrades again! Well HB charac in SG as I can recall & agrees w/you was a bit of arrogant & this drama really fits him and once again his innocent looks just makes me love him more :heart:.

In about a few hours this page grew so much it's hard to keep up LOL!

Some of you mentioned reunification, i think we can only hope/pray it will happen one day, some day bc after all it shld just be ONE country and not separated at all which affects a lot of families for decades now & we hear a lot of stories  - sad ones fr how their lives in NK have been and as we speak may have been harder compared to ppl in SK!

Anyway, that kiss or next kiss will be much anticipated in the next few weeks LOL

BTW how come some of the hidden stuff are no longer working here? :o

Woah so much to read here & I just can't keep up hahaha

@hibiscus23 I had to rewatch secret garden to remind myself what HB was like before this role. He has grown so much and he's become such a mature actor now with looks to pair. Let's hope that episodes 7 & 8 contain at least one kiss because goodness me I cannot withstand the tension anymore~~~ 

We're not allowed to quote pictures so therefore all 'hidden texts' have images removed. 

• Like 16
  • Love 2

@yongwonhi4jfcwoah you got me there, i shld also rewatch SG bc it's been a few yrs old & i need to refresh my mem again on his acting there, etc. You also must've seen him in Marry a Millionaire or something, I liked him there too but again I hardly remember how he was in that movie :(  Hmm i sure hope so that 7 & 8 will make all us comrades here very happy & satisfied - after all they're making us wait for another 'long' week to have a glimpse of our OTP!  hahaha same here i just can't stand the tension either it's killing me! LOL

One of the things I admire about HB if i'm not mistaken is his being down-to-earth persona and I believe he must be a very good person off cam as well with SYJ so I ship these two & hope we'll hear about them dating off cam soon! After all, they're both eligible bachelors! :blush:

ah thx for that note on why the 'hidden' stuff hve been removed. :o

• Like 13

haha i woke up reluctant to leave my bed took my handphone browsed IG and here, and ended up laughing away at all the posts and .gif :lol: dear comrades your dream to be RJH’s military uniform cracks me up :joy: why not be the long trench coat? it’ll be like hugging him and giving him warmth.. at the same time, you get to be used to cover SR outside the train at the campsite too!!!:kiss_wink:

RJH given his loyalty (strict to his promises) and filial piety.. will not deviate and still marry SD.. i see more possibility that SD being the one in control and arrogance, will annul the engagement later on.. she seems to waver and be more herself in front of GSJ.. (hey hey hey its destiny calling! :heart:) who knows, she is definitely up to the game to stand at the church aisle with RJH and right at that very moment “Will you take RJH as your wedded husband..” and “I WILL NOT!” humiliates RJH in front of everyone and walks away proudly (although we know, she just wants to let him go..) :glasses:

oops. i forgot NK there shouldn’t be churches.. so, ok no church wedding aisle.

• Like 9
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

No matter how much I think, I dont know how JH and SR can

be together.

Captain Ri is an honorable  officer.

He will never leave his country and thus endanger his family and friends.

Anyway, I like that the story is still happening in that village.

• Like 11
  • Sad 1

Since there's not much to look forward to this weekend but I hope they put together something worth watching, I have been reading about NK and life in this hermit country.

Here is an article from National Geographic with a nice video of a train passing through a station.  You can see that the writer did his/her homework as the clothing of the people are just like in CLOY.  Although the train in the drama looks a lot newer compared to what they have there in reality.

• Like 9
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 3

this forum is just gg too fast each time! that's a good sign! i saw just now from YT vid about their chat prior to opening of their drama and HB was hoping for a 22% rating & he even wished for it as a Xmas present! :) Well who knows he may have a 'prophetic' tongue by the middle of this drama since the ratings are very impressive now!

giphy.gif

i reckon this scene was when she was missing & he emerged with a candle in his hand!

• Like 14