[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

@attriste yep I agree. It’s great watching a drama where you literally feel as though you have watched a relationship develop and progress. It all feels really real.

@crazybunnylovers I know right!! :angry: I can’t wait to watch the second bro and sis in law fail. They have tried to blackmail SR with their knowledge of her being in NK but little do they know, SR’s whole family already knows and dad and mum are not happy with the second bro. I can’t wait to see their reactions when their plan fails! :D

So there’s a cat that I always see around my front yard but never thought much about it until I watched the scene where JH tells SR to knock on her car bonnet in case there are any small animals hiding around her car. Anyways I knocked on my car bonnet this afternoon for a giggle and what do you know, the cat I always see ran out from under my car :joy: thanks for the good tip JH! :D

Edited by Jillia
Please do not post consecutively, edit you previous post instead. Thanks!
  • Like 11
  • LOL 9

I was rewatching end of ep 12 and it just hit me that the times before I watched I was only seeing it in the present context but...I think now esp after he heard her recording he was not only referring to this present birthday but he was saying all those things about being grateful the person he loves was born and is "still breathing in this world" because he was so thankful he was there to save her all those years ago and able to meet her again. So I had also thought he might not tell her about the recording or that he was the man who saved her because he wouldn't want to embarrass her or bring back bad memories...but then I remembered that she already admitted to him in his room after piano discovery that she was in Switzerland with plans of ending her life so that's no secret anymore. So....in retrospect I think in ep 13 after hug and birthday party especially if she asks how he knew about her birthday, I think he might tell her. It will make their bond even stronger both of them knowing they share that kind of fate. And with possible ring swapping ahead that would just seal the deal!

• Like 12
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 4

I think it was love at the first sight for JH. That’s why he was smiling when he found her on the tree. He was intrigued, and charmed by her instantly. Obviously I don’t think he realised it that he was attracted to her. After he assessed the situation and realising that she’s not dangerous he pulled the gun away. He knew she’s in trouble and he genuinely wants to send her back to South safely.

As the story progresses, it’s his nature as a kind hearted person with strong protective instinct that protected SR since then. While he was annoyed, he still entertained all her requests. He warmed up to her. And did all everything for her sake because he likes her and cares for her (but he’s not aware of the feelings). He was also affected by the fake kiss. He was eyes-flirting with her during the clam soju fire scene. Basically he liked her then too. 

So my conclusion was he had liked her from the beginning but didn’t realised it. The moment of realisation was when he kissed her at the hospital. I think that was the turning point where JH acknowledged his feelings. 

For SR, I think accumulations of all the many things that JH did moved her. From saving her so many times, to listening to her, welcoming her, entertaining her all her requests, worrying about her, all this basically opens up her heart for him. Plus he has “her type” looks. That’s a  Bonus. I would not be able to pin point the exact moment when she fall for her because I think it was the build up from all the thing he did for her. 

Now let me share the exact moment when I (Yes, Me!) FELL for JH :wub:. Since not everyone care I put in under spoiler tag:

Spoiler

I can pin point the exact moment when I fell hard for JH. From the beginning ep 1-2, I liked JH (duh he’s Hyun Bin, what not to like) but found JH was stiff. Even when he was buying all the items for SR, I was not readily impressed. 

It was after SR got caught, and they managed to get away with Division 11 lies. Remember when they went back inside the house SR was really curious what the heck was Division 11? What was the first thing that JH do? JH actually went to the kitchen, poured a cup of water, offered that to SR and asked “Are you okay?”. That moment ladies and gentlemen, was the moment when I fell hard for Ri Jeong Hyeok. Melted! I was really curious for explanation regarding Div 11 like SR, a bit on the edge too. But his action, his attentiveness at that point, checking SR’s state of mind and heart, making it calm first was the priority. OMG swooned. I was SOLD! 

Of course all his actions after that just increases my love towards JH. 

JH is really my fav Hyun Bin’s character (any make lead character actually) of all time. He’s not some jerk richard simmons chaebol. He’s genuinely kind. I’m in trouble as now my standards for men (like SR) is on another level :sweatingbullets:

• Like 14
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

9 minutes ago, Nudge said:

JH is really my fav Hyun Bin’s character (any make lead character actually) of all time. He’s not some jerk richard simmons chaebol. He’s genuinely kind. I’m in trouble as now my standards for men (like SR) is on another level :sweatingbullets:

Spoiler

Me too me too.. I was watching MotA last night to pass the week and I got seriously shocked when YJW started yelling at Heeju in ep1 lol. So off putting. But the dimples are on full display there tsk. Unfortunately SG was quite unbearable for me, but MNIKSS was lovely.. I think I watched it right after it aired in 2005 lol.

My personal tolerance levels for shouting men have declined over the years and even more so now with CLoY exhibiting such a fine specimen of a (very imaginary) man. Ughhhhh. 

Show has been messing with my brains with the did he or did he not know about Switzerland so now that it’s clearer, I stick to the building attraction and intensity that has marked this romance for me as very realistic in an ironically fantasy setting. I think the only issue I had was the voiceover when JH comes zipping down on his bike to rescue Seri. Lol. Much cheese that part, for me. 

• Like 11
  • Love 2

I dont think Ive encountered this gravity of speculations about the ending of a drama before. I find all this thinking, though painstaking at times, good. As a viewer, Ive been enticed to look beyond the romance and appreciate acting, film making, scriptwriting, etc. TBH, I have to restrict myself from overthinking the plot sometimes and remind myself to just enjoy and let the story unfold. Nonetheless, I value this forum which serves as an outlet for all the feels and ideas that we have, as fans and viewers.

Some thoughts Id like to share:

Spoiler

• JH's expression of affection manifests respect for Seri. In Ep 11, Seri told him not to say anything after her brother left. JH didnt but hugged her instead. In Ep 12, Seri told him she didnt want him to see her face. JH hugged her from behind instead. These two somewhat parallel scenes made me realize how deep and respectful his love for her has become. Instead of making Seri feel that she needs him to face her problems, JH empowers Seri through his love. That gave me something to think about regarding true love.

Spoiler

• Another parallelism IMO is between JH insisting on a handshake over a hug in NK and Seri implying to JH in Ep 12 that he could leave since the wound has healed. Both done for the other's protection. It's heartbreaking to feel forbidden love.

Spoiler

• Since the chicken + beer scene in Pyongyang, Seri has become more and more outspoken about her feelings. Meanwhile, JH has been consistent about showing his feelings through his actions. However, through both words and actions, both still express acknowledgment of the idea that they cant be together. I feel like for them, letting the other know of their love is enough. No expectations in the future. No expectations from one another.

Edited by gelinheart
  • Like 13
  • Love 6
  • Insightful 5

7 hours ago, blue_fleurs said:

In episode 12 when SR asked "RJH, where are you?  Did you leave?  So soon already" (I'm paraphrasing) - do you guys think RJH and F5 heard all of that?  Or did they just come out to turn the lights on and saw her crying on the floor with no context?  I hope RJH heard everything she said before falling to the floor to cry, but at the same time why didn't they come out sooner if they heard her?

They heard her :heartbreak:. They were hiding since it supposed to be a “surprise birthday party”. 
This scene was heartbreaking exactly because of that. RJH reaction was really heartbreaking, HB portrayed really well that mixed feeling of fear, sadness and realization while watching the person he loves collapsing because of his absence. Ahhh this scene is so touching and hurtful.

They heard her. The front-door is in the other side and they came out quietly and in some way like also shyly and respectfully because of her reaction.

This is a trigger moment for RJH. And in my opinion, once she gets hurt (I think that that could happen in ep 13), it will be the final trigger for him to decide about staying beside SR (Switzerland or SK).

• Like 12
  • Insightful 5
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, junelives said:

Fellow comrades, do help out with a nagging question that's been sitting on my head...

At what point in the story line do you think JH falls for Se Ri?

I'm sure this was analyzed to no end, but sadly i'm late to the party. If you did arrive at some consensus then do post it for me.

Such an interesting question and I love reading all the answers!

I personally think the reason why this is debatable is because the writers intended for it to be this way. Remember that JH was engaged to SD and he was fully prepared to go with the marriage even though he had no feelings for her. I think that he liked Seri the first time he saw her in Switzerland. Not necessarily in a romantic way but he liked her nonetheless. It’s evident by the way he kept glancing at her and smiling at her. He kept looking at her even through the camera. He may not have given it much thought back then but there was something about her that attracted him. 

Again, when he found her hanging from the tree, he liked her and found her amusing. Maybe not in a “I’ll die for you” kind of way but regardless, he liked her enough to want to protect her. 

I don’t think there’s one specific point where we can say JH started to have feeling for Seri bec I honestly think it was one that developed over time. I don’t think he was fully aware of the depth of his feelings for her. Perhaps he thought he was just helping/protecting her but at some point he realizes that he actually loves her.

• Like 13
  • Love 4
  • Insightful 3

8 hours ago, blue_fleurs said:

--

Does anyone know if kdrama writers are also the script writers for the drama?  I think often in hollywood films, writers write the story, but screen writers adapt the story into film with dialogue etc.  I'm just curious because some of these CLOY lines are really well-written.

Watching kdramas like “Be Melodramatic“, “King of Dramas”, “ World Within Us” tells me that for kdramas, the Writer writes the story and is also the screenwriter who writes the dialogue and creates the scenes. For most kdramas (except for dramas like the Reply Series where you have a creative powerhouse Director Shin Won-ho who teams up with Screenwriter Lee Woo-Jung, this team always comes in this duo team), the Writer is everything haha..and it is also the Writer who gets the highest pay. When a Kdrama goes awry, people always blames the Writer. For kmovies however the Director is everything. This is my lil observation after having watched quite a bit of Kdramas haha.

@junelives I think he was drawn to her from the time of seeing her hanging in the tree (I.e, from the beginning). The feelings grew very quickly and by the time of the scene of him holding the scented candle in the market, his feelings for her were more or less firm; that’s why he was so anxious about her. In my view, for SeRi, at that scene it was only the start of her feelings for him. So hers for him probably started later than his for her but she vocalized her feelings earlier than him. She is less afraid to speak her mind and that’s why her confession came first, starting with the subtle confession at the restaurant at Pyongyang.

I lol(ed) so hard at this scene when Emma’s guitar music played. Kudos to both the Director and the Writer (am not sure who’s the one creating this idea. It could even have been Hyun Bin himself haha) :lol: (PS: the drama segment is on the 2nd page)

Edited by KimSooHanMoo
  • Like 12
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 1

Over at DC Inside, someone posted contrasting scenes of when RJH and SD met for the first time in Switzerland vs the last time they saw each other when SD visited RJH in prison. What meticulous detail down to their facial expression and the clothes they wear! 

A6Q2D1U.png

k5C6pWq.png

GVevDLa.png

vkmgG89.png

• Like 10
  • Love 4
  • Insightful 4

SD AND ALBERTO...I can see a love story and a marriage...who knows?If her uncle is a corrupt officer maybe  she will marry Alberto  become a British citizen and leave NK ...they did make it clear if somebody makes a mistake his familly pays too ...

• Like 11

Not sure if someone has already pointed out, but seems like JH and SR yet to have any mementos  (apart from the ring of course)... I mean, SR asked to take a picture with JH back in NK while she was taking her passport photo.... he bluntly said no. Now that they are in SK, with all the electronic devices they can get, they are not taking any selfies/ photos... should at least keep a picture of the love of your life, am I too old fashioned? 

• Like 10
  • LOL 4

5 hours ago, luvcrabbieshinhwa said:

Since we're all discussing about when did RJH start liking Seri...for me, when they're in Pyeongyang and RJH PLEADED for her photo, he already liked her...though perhaps he hasn't realized the depth of his own feelings. 

5 hours ago, mundaliv said:

I agree with some posts or perhaps I saw it in Instagram comments. Son Ye Jin is so  pretty eventhough she is crying! Usually people getting uglier when crying until the nose is red. But eventhough she is crying a bucket until her nose is red, she is still pretty. Amazing!

I think when these two have fallen in love is around the market with scented candle. At least that’s when their eyes said so, softer looking into each other compared to previous scenes. RJH denies the feeling of course, because he cannot fall in love with others as he has fiancee. But his acts speak differently. 

5 hours ago, luvcrabbieshinhwa said:

Along the way, he unknowingly felt jealous when he saw Seungjun held Seri's hand and Seri gave his subordinates mini hearts. Perhaps he started to come to terms that he's liking her when he got very anxious to lose her from his sight in Pyeongyang and blurted out his Avengers-claim "I'll protect you as long as you're within my sight." You can notice the air became still between them at that time...then Seri tried to laugh it off awkwardly while Jeong-hyeok's expression was like "whattheheckdidIdoandsay." 

>>>> I LOVE ALL THE ANALYSIS. Thanks to that comrade's nagging question we got to revisit our (their) old fond and bittersweet memories. It's been an amazing ride, we have bonded over their blossoming relationship. I sincerely hope they (we) get a happy ending that everyone is dreaming of.

• Like 10

The discussions here really help with the passing of time until Saturday night. It’s Wednesday night here now... tick, tick, tick... :sweatingbullets:

I’ve been meaning to comment about whether RJH had always known she was the person he had encountered on the bridge years before in Switzerland. I was always one of those who believed that that was a meaningful encounter in his memory, but he never knew on meeting her in NK that she was one and the same person who had contemplated suicide. It was quite clear that even when she talked about his music that she had heard, it had still not occured to him. I therefore loved the epilogue reveal that it suddenly dawned on him that they had already met 7 years before on a chance encounter. The ball started rolling for them since that first save he made for her. And if the theme of destiny and being meant-to-be continues through to the end, then there will be a happy ending though I don’t know how. I’ve only ever watched MLFTS by this writer, and while that was a happy ending, the agonising wait in between for the characters made it an unsatisfactory ending for me. 

I’ve always thought too that RJH was intrigued with Seri right from the start. The smile he had when he saw her hanging in the tree, all feisty even in that situation, was the same one he had when he first encountered her on the bridge in Switzerland. As much as she seemed to have wanted to end her life, she certainly had an opinion about him and his “choice” of a “girlfriend” then... there was just something about her that was interesting to him, and that is why he told her he would be so glad and thankful that she came into this world and lived on. As for when he fell off into the deep end for her — I agree with the view that it was at the hospital. Before then, he certainly was struggling with his feelings. He was just too responsible to let it control him, knowing the circumstances. He continues even at this point to respect the distance she wants to keep (I’m quite certain though that even if she wanted to take a step further, he would still hesitate because he thinks that much more further into the future than she does). From wanting to keep her photo (while denying her a photo with him as memento) right up to the outburst against her for not having left with the track team when she could, everything pointed to a growing interest in her he was trying so desperately to suppress. I wonder what else in him he’s trying to suppress. :phew: Alas, my comrades, once again I remind all that Netflix has a PG13 rating on this drama...

• Like 15
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, attriste said:

Me too me too.. I was watching MotA last night to pass the week and I got seriously shocked when YJW started yelling at Heeju in ep1 lol. So off putting. But the dimples are on full display there tsk. Unfortunately SG was quite unbearable for me, but MNIKSS was lovely.. I think I watched it right after it aired in 2005 lol.

Spoiler

I agree, I could not bring myself to enjoy SG either even though I tried twice. I didn't quite feel HB's character in that drama , from appearance to personality, even though I know it was an international hit. I loved MNIKSS too; it was refreshing even though shouting hitting and jerk male lead was still a problem in K drama back then. My favorite of HB before CLOY was Hyde Jekyll Me. Although it got bad ratings because of poor timing, his portrayal as two distinctively different characters were excellent. That drama got a huge forum on Soompi too with about 500 pgs, meaning people internationally loved it. His physique was best in there, so was his clothings. 

But now. CLOY is da best. and HB in CLOY is da best. :)

• Like 9