[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

22 minutes ago, Lawyerh said:

My reaction looking at the lovebird :

Same abunim.. same :joy:

LOL i really can't erase on my mind JH's father reaction & it was hilarious, i gotta watch epi 9 again!:joy:

Here's a recap epi 9 (cr: dramamilk)

Seri walks around the corner in the North Korean town and tells herself that you can’t be sure of anything in your life.

Then she sees two thug looking men. She hides the boxed gift behind her back. But then two more men come behind her and pull her away. The gift drops on the ground.

Cut to her inside the truck with one of the men offering the phone to her and cocking their gun for her to say whatever he tells her.

She calls and Jung-hyeok answers.

JH – Where are you? Whose cell phone is this? Why don’t you come back?

SR – Lee Jung-hyeok, I am leaving. Of course, I told you I am going to go back with Koo Sung-joon.

JH – Right now?

SR – Yes, that is what happened. the schedule is faster now

JH – Where are you? I will be there.

SR – No, I am already far away. Sorry I couldn’t say a proper goodbye, but we already said a proper goodbye many times so we don’t have to do it now.

JH – No, we have to do it again. Just tell me where you are. Don’t hang up, listen to me. Tell me what you see, I can go there now.

SR – *teary* Lee Jung-hyeok, I love you.

The men try to take the cell phone away from her but she wants to keep it an the gun accidentally goes off.

Jung-hyeok is in the woods and tries to call her back. He looks confused and powerless. SO he calls Seung-joon, but his phone is off.

He walks around until nightfall and gets another call. It is one of the towns ladies who tell him to come back home. So he runs back home. The ladies tell him that the state security department is searching his home. They are looking for you.

He runs inside. The ladies peer in and think that he is angry, right? They all agree.

Jung-hyeok sees his tomato plant on the ground inside. He starts to fix it. Jo comes out and asks where the 11th department special officer is? I need to take her with me.

JH asks what the reason is. Jo tells him that he knows everything, she is not the 11th department. She is only the evidence that will destroy your father and your family.

Opening her mouth is my specialty. So don’t worry. I can hit her until she dies or electricute her for a few days. Jung-hyeok punches him, he falls on the pyongsang.

Then Jo’s men hit Jung-hyeok with their guns and Jo puts his hands in cuffs. Jo tells him, I told you, you are done. take him away.

They take Jung-hyeok out, all the ladies are worried as they watch. The entire town is watching. One of the ladies says that they need to tell her husband that they can’t just take him like that.

Meanwhile, Seri is still being taken away inside the truck. She tells herself to think about good things. Something happy. So she thinks about Lee Jung-hyeok making Guksoo noodles. Lee Jung-hyeok who didn’t know a perfumed candle from a normal one. Now he can do that.

We see images of Jung-hyeok making noodles and carrying a candle and tucking her in and putting the heater on her.

SR – Lee Jung-hyeok who put a blanket on me when he went to drunk water.

In a falshback, he says that he does not need things.

SR – A lot of things happened but he just bluffs and says he does not need it.

Jung-hyeok tells her that it will be safer for her around him.

SR – He is not an Avenger, but he always says that he can do anything and find me. He always says that he can do it. He is so showy. I miss him.

She starts to cry and looks at the gun shot in the roof of the truck.

Cut to Jung-hyeok thrown into a solo jail. He looks at the stars.

Seri also looks at the stars through the hole in the truck.

—————–

MORNING

Seri wake sup inside a house attic. She wonders where she is and tries to get out. She knocks on the door but no one is out there. So she thinks that if they open the door with her banging on it, then they would not put me here to begin with.

then she starts to put two and two together. She thinks that someone kidnapped her and put her there. But why? Maybe they are watching me?

She looks around and sees a camera. So she asks them, who are you?

JAIL

Jung-hyeoks team visits him in jail. Chi-soo tells him, as he knows it is not easy for normal soldiers like us to come here. But my childhood friend works here so. the other soldiers all say this is all bcause of someone. You hsouldn’t brag about it. 

Joo Myeok mentions that the other day Seo Dan’s mother came. he told everything about Seri. Chi-soo says, not everything.

Joo-myeok continues and ays that he heard the mother is super rich with her own department store. Maybe she used some people and kidnapped her.

Chi-soo thinks she shouldnt’ be. Joo-meok tells him that it happens in South Korean dramas all the time! he sighs deeply and explains that South Korean rich peole throw money in the face or slap people. But our country people use kidnapping and make an example. 

But they think she wouldn’t ….

Jung-hyeok thinks back to Seo San warning him. He asks the soldiers to do him a favor.

Cut to Seo Dan talking to Jung-hyeok across a table in jail. She tells him, so the first time you wanted to see me was in jail?

JH – She is gone.

Dan – So what?

JH – I think you know who did it. Where they are, and how she is doing.

Dan – It is funny. the guy who is about to get married looks like the world collapsed because of another woman. 

JH – *looks away*

Dan – that is good, you can stay here in jail until our marriage, come out when we get married. See you.

JH – My father….*stands*…. he told me not to do anything I should regret. Who did you visit to make me regret? I don’t think you went to the state security department. Your mother shouldn’t have done it. Did you met my father? My father took her.

Dan – Yes. And killed her. She is not anywhere, so give up.

JH – Tell my father, if anything happens to her father will lose his only son.

Seo Dan looks back at him with daggers, then leaves.

She gets into the car with her uncle. he asks if Jung-hyeok is doing okay? Does his father know about this? Why is he in jail? His father will be ~.

Seo Dan says, don’t do it.

the uncle asks, what? It is almost time for your marriage.

Seo Dan tells him, I had to put him in jail, then I could get married.

The uncle tells her to explain it to him in a way he can understand.

Cut to Man-bok. His son is waiting for him and tells him that some people kidapped that pretty noona from South Korea. She dropped this. He hands over the boxed gift and we see a flashback of the boy seeing Seri being kidnapped.

man-bok looks startled to see the box. he opens it and sees the watch. Then we cut to a flashabck of JH’s brother who was wearig that watch when he helped Man-bok.

Man-bok asks his son if he showed it to anyone? Don’t tell anyone. His son agrees and asks if he thinks she is okay?

SOLDIERS

CHi-soo thinks that they really don’t know about people. We have been together for a long time but he lied to us? Guang-bum tells him that their captain is not the kind of person to brag about his family background.

Chi-soo says, yes, but he is hiding this big thing? Our captain is son of the big guy, I still can’t believe it. His father, the top military man of the country, will not be happy if he knows that his son is in jail.

Joo-meok thinks that thye should do something. Chi-soo remind them that the Captain says that it is a secret among us so shut up. they head out, but actually they were speaking near the barracs and lucnhroom so all the other heads peaked out of all the soldiers.

The four soldiers leave and wonder if it worked. Did they speak loudly enough? DO you think the rumor will spread? Chi-soo tells them that you don’t need 100 bees to blossom 100 flowers. Even a dog on the street will know about it by noon.

They all nod. But Chi-soo thinks that the problem is whether it is true or not

Cut to JH telling them to do one more thing. You need to spread a rumor about my family. My father is the head of the military. Chi-soo started to giggle. The other soldiers are like, um…okay. 

Jung-hyeok tells them that if his father knows about it, he will let him out. I need to have a way to spread this rumor, so help me.

Chi-soo whispers to one of the soldiers that he said Jung-hyeok had a brain injury when he was shot. JH tells Chi-soo that it is all true. Colonel Kim Ryong-hae needs to hear about this rumor.

Chi-soo hopes this is not a joke. Guang-bum tells him that their Captain is not that kind of person.

VILLAGE

The ladies of the village find out and think, what? The son of the head of the military?! Wow! Yes, he was a little different than others. How he looks is revolutionary and what he says and how he walks is too confident as one captain.

Ok-geum says He had broad shoulders too, that is nothing normal. Think about it. His shoulders are so broad because of his background. If he was growing up timid, then his shoulders should not be that broad with confidence!

They all agree.

Cut to an alarm going off. All the soldiers run off on alert. At home, Colonel Ryong-hae talks on the phone about what the emergency is. He says that all he soldiers are ready. He asks where Jo is – what Pyong-yang? Why is he having spy education now? Okay. He hangs up.

His wife asks him if he heard about Lee Jung-hyeok? He went to jail. her husband chuckles and says that those young guys shoud not hit their superiors. He won’t be out for awhile.

The wife asks, aren’t you curious why Lee Jung-hyeok did not honor his superior. The husband asys it is becuase he doe snot have good manners. Last time he reported to the other department, that is why I was under investigation. He is a headache poking around everywhere.

Young-ae asks, why do you think he is so confident to poke around and report you? The husband says to be straight and tell him. So is wife asks him, have you seen the head of he military?

he says, of course I don’t see those high ups, why? Does someone know him? She asys yes. But someone cut all the ties. The colonel asks who!

She tells him YOU DID IT.

he hops back startled. Lee Jung-hyeok was born with the spoon of the head of the military person!

The colonel says, huh? 

She tells him, HE IS HIS SON! *she pinches him several times* I told you to take good care of Jung-hyeok! You said he wont’ see the sun anymore? YOU WON’T SEE THE SUN ANYMORE. What are you going to do!

—————–

more here on https://www.dramamilk.com/crash-landing-on-you-episode-9-live-recap-part-1/

6 minutes ago, Nesame said:

I wonder will they become defector to go into south korea to look for SR

looks like the epi 9 ending JH stepped into the SK side, he may be defecting?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My first thought when RJH crossed the line was, “Uh-oh! He’s gonna get caught and will be dragged into SK with her from ep 10!” And what a media circus he will be caught up in when he gets there! I reckon he will still be protecting her in SK, this time from the schemes of her older brothers. I’m just curious to see how this will involve SD and GSJ who are still in NK. Considering though he was quite an accomplished pianist before he left Switzerland, I’m also wondering if media will catch on to that too with Seri.  

A lot of the discussion has ultimately centered on how all of this will be logically resolved. I think everyone is thinking about how a reasonable resolution to this will still ensure RJH’s family’s safety back in NK. They may be NK nobility, but we know too that that doesn’t guarantee anyone’s life. I figure on a very fundamental level, JCK must be rid of for the family to be “safe”. But with a son who is a defector, that certainly can’t be good news too for the family. This seems an unsolvable problem unless they really go the “Switzerland as safe haven” route without the need to address the practicalities of political realities. It is a drama afterall. 

I’m just curious to know why JCK was involved in the murder of RJH’s brother. It’s just past the halfway mark and those questions should start getting revealed. I don’t know if JMB knows the significance of the watch apart from JCK telling him that that watch must be recovered. I don’t even think we know quite yet ourselves what that watch means also. But well, that’s the next big mystery to resolve. I wonder if JCK is going to mastermind some way for himself to cross the border too once RJH goes over. His vendetta against RJH has become personal. 

• Like 7

6 hours ago, jadore1 said:

:cold_sweat: well ep 9 must be good because it got my eyes to water  all on their own.... happy and sad , but at least its better to have known love than be a zombie all life :heart: ...so whatever happens in the rest of the episodes , at least they gave it their all .

I hope she sees her Comrades again and they see her ,..they could do so much if they got together and Korea would birth a new renaissance .   

And did you guys see our village comrades, no matter how poor,   they are more generous than a lot of other people i know...so i am still sending love to those women and praising their endurance and trust in their national treasure....good man are hard to find LOL  

Forgot to mention "those shoulders"  comrades , you are not wrong we also think he is special .

@jadore1, I was just about to mention that those Kaesong ahjummas are also FANGIRLING over Capt RJH just like us!

:love:

Wow! This thread is moving like an express train! Kkkkkk!

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

comrades, can one of you pls pretty pls :D shed some light on this? why is this cruel officer CCG arrested our Capt Ri in spite of CCG knowing he's the son of a high ranking officer? He did know about his father right? i'm glad in the end though his superior backlash & hit him! CCG seems so obsessed with RiRi couple so much so he'll do anything to satisfy his whims! He's the hateful character here.

Don't u guys like that cliffhanger when they just showed the way they crossed the DMZ? Countdown for tomorrow's epi, let's hope the rating goes up to the roof :) and HB's wish will come true....20%!!!!

68e1Xm.jpg

We just these ahjummas :) they're on RiRi couple side

Crash_Landing_on_You-Jeon_Kuk-Hwan.jpgJeon Kuk-Hwan (HB's dad)

He's a good actor and he's worked with HB in Confidential Assignment as well!

-----

I'm right now rewatching epi 9 & still had a good laugh seeing JH's dad's face looking at them in awe, how SR checking JH face, etc. & exchanging sweet words, LOL and HB's acting in that segment where he was yelling at his father bc of SR, that's great acting, for Oscar moment! :) SYJ too was so good in her acting and these two are fated to love :)

• Like 6

just pop in while watching Ep 09...

when Ri Jeong-Hyeok was questioning his father Ri Chung-Ryeol, his father's face look so strict and his mouth like glued together...

when his mother Kim Yun-Hui asked him to breathe and then go and bring forth Yoon Se-Ri...

and Yoon and Ri faces each other and Yoon asked why his face look injured, etc...Yoon's tone was so full of sadness and love...and Ri tone was so loving and the way he touches her face... the look on father RI was priceless...how father Ri mouth just auto open in shock or just stunt and how he kind of shake his head close his eye close his mouth and look away... that moment in time was the best of the best... i actually rewind 3 times just to watch that moment of father Ri expression...

another moment to enjoy... both Ri and Yoon and Ri's mother sitting down listening to father Ri.. mother Kim was observing the whole time...father Ri really lost to his son this time round... can easily tell father Ri tho being very strict...he has a very soft heart and he loves Ri lots just that he may not express much...

going back to continue the episode...

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, hibiscus23 said:

comrades, can one of you pls pretty pls :D shed some light on this? why is this cruel officer CCG arrested our Capt Ri in spite of CCG knowing he's the son of a high ranking officer? He did know about his father right? i'm glad in the end though his superior backlash & hit him! CCG seems so obsessed with RiRi couple so much so he'll do anything to satisfy his whims! He's the hateful character here.

Don't u guys like that cliffhanger when they just showed the way they crossed the DMZ? Countdown for tomorrow's epi, let's hope the rating goes up to the roof :) and HB's wish will come true....20%!!!!

CCG knows who is Ri's father and he also knows Ri's late brother...
 I think CCG is the one who murdered Ri's late brother and now he is trying to get rid of Ri and Ri father 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, hibiscus23 said:

I don’t know why JCK has something against JH and his family. We know that he got RMH killed in an “accident”, but if I’m not mistaken, we were not told why yet. And now he’s targeting the whole Ri family. SR was the reason he needed. If I remember correctly, JCK lived in an orphanage so maybe JH’s father got his parents killed or something? 

• Like 4

Hello again, comrades. 

I just finished rewatching episode 9. I am supposed to be writing my thesis but I’m so addicted to CLOY. I’ll just forget about my thesis for now. Lol 

Just some thoughts I have about episode 9:

1) The cute actor playing young JH could actually pass as Ha Seok Jin’s little brother IMHO. 

2) I laughed out loud like a deranged woman when one of the ajumma’s said “his (referring to JH) looks have always been revolutionary.” LOL

3) I am surprised SR still doesn’t know how influential JH’s family is as evidenced by SR’s comment on JH not having any power which scandalised her future FIL. :lol: I thought she overheard the convo of the nurses gossiping in the hospital.

Also, I am actually surprised that SR did not make any single comment about how massive JH’s house is as this clearly shows JH’s family’s wealth and influence. No question at all how he lives in a simple house in a village whereas his parents live in a mansion. 

4) I miss SD’s mum’s antics. A few seconds of her bribing the elevator lady wasn’t enough for me. 

5) I am just a bit bewildered with SJ’s characterisation. Just an episode ago, he acted like a stalker and weirdo locking up SR in his little mansion in some remote area in NK because somehow he couldn’t get his mind off SR ever since she rejected him. Now, he’s making comments about being attracted to SD’s swearing. I find that a bit inconsistent. 

6) Like  what some of you comrades have already mentioned. CK needs some more back story so the viewers can understand where his greed for power and hatred for JH’s family come from. Like, the writers can give us anything. For example, was his biological father executed by JH’s dad or something? If he just wants power, maybe show the audience a glimpse of how young CK suffered from poverty, starvation, etc that led him to desire power so much. Otherwise, it would become unconvincing that a man who manages to escape prison (I am assuming he’ll escape prison using his connections) will go all the way to SK just to kill someone. 

7) Lastly, I think the the rat’s son giving the watch to his dad will probably be a turning point for MB. I think he will see this as a sign that he now has to reveal the truth. He can’t be a coward anymore. 

I am not so sure he knew before that JH and MH’s father is the third-most influential man in NK. Perhaps the village people finding out JH’s real identity will also increase MB’a confidence that his safety is guaranteed when he finally reveals the truth. 

Whew. That was a long post. Can’t wait for episode 10. 

• Like 8
  • Insightful 4

2 hours ago, hibiscus23 said:

comrades just in the mid of watching & can't help but come here for a few sec, did you guys laugh at the face of his parents when the lovebirds cldn't take their hands off each other? i was just amused and the way he talked to his father before he even realize that SR was actually there! omo omo these actors are superb! i dunno what to say! but anyway thx that the rating went up again, maybe HB's wish will come true to have the rating go up to 20!!! fingers crossed!

well comrades, let me continue & after finishing ep 9 i'll be back! i think this epi is one of the nicest!:heart:

Yes, the father's expression was really comical. It was also the look of "I can't believe the two of you acting so lovey dovey in front of me."

But the parents are really kind-hearted despite the father carrying a high post in the army, and he defers to his wife, when he told the other officer that my wife said Se Ri ought to get one more night's sleep. The parents have a good relationship and I think that is the kind of role modelling that RJH learnt from as well.

I bawled my eyes thru out this episode. The pair are really good at portraying the right emotions and I am so sold on their affection for each other. But what touched me the most was initially how RJH asked SR about maintaining the 'cooling off period' from their relationship and then finally saying that she ought not to as he doesn't want her to feel lonely ever again and disappear. He put her needs ahead of hers - and that selflessness is truly amazing. 

Haven't seen the other episodes yet, but I must say this ranks high on my list of must watch episodes! Now, to see how they will get to meet again...probably at some North Korea meets South Korea talk on reunification and he is in South Korea for work.:D

• Like 10

1 hour ago, charray said:

Oh, it’s happening. Choi Ji Woo is going to make a cameo appearance in the drama! So the kdrama fan duckling going to get his lunch date after all?

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/144/0000652343

The best news from CLOY.

@Keroppi yes, the back story is important. I couldn’t careless to remember his name because he’s just another one dimensional character.

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, charray said:

Oh, it’s happening. Choi Ji Woo is going to make a cameo appearance in the drama! So the kdrama fan duckling going to get his lunch date after all?

that would be so cool!!! I can’t wait to see Kdrama duckling JM’s reaction!!! :lol:

• Like 3
  • LOL 6

3 hours ago, stroppyse said:

There is that Korean adage that if you meet someone three times coincidentally, it’s no longer coincidence, but fate, and you are destined to be together forever. So...

Switzerland was one.

North Korea is two.

If they meet again in South Korea, that will be three, and they will be destined for life.

May i say they already met in South Korea... as Ri took that one single step over the bulb wire after Yoon cross over... That's their destiny to be together for life 
Maybe or rather hoping mother Kim will play cupid with father Ri to send RiJH back to Switzerland and fulfil his dream there...and somehow a message was sent to Yoon to go to Switzerland... wooo that's is a hope to hold

• Like 5

Guessing that CG need to get rid of JH because he is investigating MH’s death, and if JH finds any evidence then CG is dead meat.

I like the meeting scene of JH’s father and SR. SR is witty and negotiates well as usual. She knows that JH’s father is influential and ask for his help.

Oh and i’m glad they addressed that JH did not get the preferential star award (though not significant but i’m just curious personally!)

Choi Jiwoo - this is sooooooooooooo great news!!!! can’t wait to see JM meets her:lol:

• Like 9

I've repeated the scenes with the father a few times.  That flabbergasted " I can't believe my eyes. Is this even my son? Are those sappy words coming out of his mouth? I don't even know this person. "

Its hilarious. I even stopped watching the OTP just to watch the dad.

• Like 3
  • LOL 8

45 minutes ago, charray said:

Ju Mok’s life is fulfilled :wub:

Article also says Choi Ji Woo is 5 or 6 months pregnant (due in May) so that should be interesting...!!

• Like 7