[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

18 minutes ago, justamom said:

Ju Mok’s life is fulfilled :wub:

Article also says Choi Ji Woo is 5 or 6 months pregnant (due in May) so that should be interesting...!!

CJW may not play herself in the cameo. Maybe a look-alike whom JM meets and mistakes her for the actress CJW. :joy: I wonder what hilarity will ensue.

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, charray said:

Oh, it’s happening. Choi Ji Woo is going to make a cameo appearance in the drama! So the kdrama fan duckling going to get his lunch date after all?

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/144/0000652343

I wonder if this is a sign of a potential unified Korea ending? Because the condition of having lunch with Choi Ji Woo is after reunification of the Korean peninsula? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Keroppi said:

2) I laughed out loud like a deranged woman when one of the ajumma’s said “his (referring to JH) looks have always been revolutionary.” LOL

3) I am surprised SR still doesn’t know how influential JH’s family is as evidenced by SR’s comment on JH not having any power which scandalised her future FIL. :lol: I thought she overheard the convo of the nurses gossiping in the hospital.

Also, I am actually surprised that SR did not make any single comment about how massive JH’s house is as this clearly shows JH’s family’s wealth and influence. No question at all how he lives in a simple house in a village whereas his parents live in a mansion. 

5) I am just a bit bewildered with SJ’s characterisation. Just an episode ago, he acted like a stalker and weirdo locking up SR in his little mansion in some remote area in NK because somehow he couldn’t get his mind off SR ever since she rejected him. Now, he’s making comments about being attracted to SD’s swearing. I find that a bit inconsistent. 

6) Like  what some of you comrades have already mentioned. CK needs some more back story so the viewers can understand where his greed for power and hatred for JH’s family come from. Like, the writers can give us anything. For example, was his biological father executed by JH’s dad or something? If he just wants power, maybe show the audience a glimpse of how young CK suffered from poverty, starvation, etc that led him to desire power so much. Otherwise, it would become unconvincing that a man who manages to escape prison (I am assuming he’ll escape prison using his connections) will go all the way to SK just to kill someone. 

Re the ahjummas’ comments about Jeong Hyeok, they also said that his shoulders are as wide as the Pacific Ocean :D

As for why SeRi wasn’t surprised about the magnificence of Jeong Hyeok’s parents’ place, I think it’s due to two reasons. 1. When she said that, she was mistaken that they were Seo Dan’s parents. 2. As a chaebol herself sh was most probably not that impressed with the house as her own house is so much more luxurious. So by comparison that house probably didn’t strike her as being that luxurious.

I agree with you about the need for a backstory of JCK. I have watched MLFTS think they Writer also didn’t give the antagonist there a sufficiently persuasive backstory. From just that drama I think this Writer tends to make her antagonist very evil but doesn’t develop his backstory to help audience appreciate why he became or what makes him turn so evil. 

And yes, GSJ’s character seems inconsistent- one moment I see him as nothing but a person ruled by greed, then I thought that he actually cared about SeRi (when he was worried if JCK’s men got rid of her), then his confession about falling in love with her was totally unexpected; and then in Ep 9, he seemed to have also fallen for Seo Dan. Haha..maybe Writer has quite decided what kind of layered character she wants for him yet.

i don’t know if this MV has been shared. It has the best English translation of the lyrics of Flower by Yoon Mirae I have seen. Pardon me if it is duplicated. This thread moves so fast and I am unable to keep up haha..will take the opportunity of the upcoming Seollal break to slowly catch up haha.. This time round I am actually happy about the break coz for people who celebrate Seollal this is a very busy period.

• Like 7
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, nuttyz said:

I wonder if this is a sign of a potential unified Korea ending? Because the condition of having lunch with Choi Ji Woo is after reunification of the Korean peninsula? 

If anyone here follows South/North Korean politics you may have heard that Moon Jae In wants to introduce individual tourism to North Korea (but the US is not happy about his idea). So a non-reunification scenario but where people between the two countries can move freely may actually be a reality in our lifetime.

26 minutes ago, joonminfan said:

CJW may not play herself in the cameo. Maybe a look-alike whom JM meets and mistakes her for the actress CJW. :joy: I wonder what hilarity will ensue.

Ha that would be hilarious! She looks so different from Stairway to Heaven days tho. 

Apparently Pyo Chi Su and Seri have done a lot of filming together in Seoul. Korean fans: “I can’t wait these are going to be the funniest scenes ever”

• Like 10
  • Insightful 1

5 minutes ago, INeedAFan said:

I just checked Naver, what on earth is happening? The preview of episode 10 has reached 1.5M views :wub:

1.5 m views preview means today episode rating is 15% ( hopefully haha ) 

btw guys i just checked that the next OST is not CRUSH one but Kim Jae Hwan " Someday " 

it is ballad and had been played in the drama on episode 7 when se ri ask JH to leave in seung jun mansion. 

released in a few minutes from now

How can they did Crush ost like that tho. it had been played since 1 months ago and they hadnt released it yet cmon TVN! and the fastest it will be in 2 weeks because of the next episode schedule :(

• Like 6

38 minutes ago, justamom said:

If anyone here follows South/North Korean politics you may have heard that Moon Jae In wants to introduce individual tourism to North Korea (but the US is not happy about his idea). So a non-reunification scenario but where people between the two countries can move freely may actually be a reality in our lifetime.

Ha that would be hilarious! She looks so different from Stairway to Heaven days tho. 

Apparently Pyo Chi Su and Seri have done a lot of filming together in Seoul. Korean fans: “I can’t wait these are going to be the funniest scenes ever”

Or maybe the opposite scenario. CJW plays herself and JM meets her but doesn’t believe that’s CJW. And then he keeps giving examples of how the Stairway to Heaven CJW is so different.

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

Continuing the pattern that every single episode is longer than the one before it, it's now up to a hideous EIGHTY-NINE minutes! If they keep this up, I'm not even sure I will live long enough to see the end of the Drama. Thank the Dramagods for the FF button, which is getting worn out wading through these stupidly long episodes. It could have been a great story if only the PD didn't refuse to hire an editor. 

• Like 1
  • Unamused 1
  • Confused 1

@Samuel Yohanes Relax.... so far we only heard a glimpse (not a full song) of Crush OST in ep 3. I believe there will be a scene where the OsT will fit and that is when they will release it... don’t worry. tvN is not keeping the OST as they are mistreating Crush. They must know Crush’s values. There is right time for anything. Let’s just enjoy other OSTs which is equally great. I fall in love with KimJaeHwan OST in instant. From the first verse i thought it is by Xia Junsu. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, slarti said:

Continuing the pattern that every single episode is longer than the one before it, it's now up to a hideous EIGHTY-NINE minutes! If they keep this up, I'm not even sure I will live long enough to see the end of the Drama. Thank the Dramagods for the FF button, which is getting worn out wading through these stupidly long episodes. It could have been a great story if only the PD didn't refuse to hire an editor. 

It will be 1:24 today, so I hope your FF button functions perfectly :D and I am thankful that Netflix has a slider instead :lol:. I agree it should be shorter as some scenes are filler (at least for me).

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, liltash85 said:

@Samuel Yohanes Relax.... so far we only heard a glimpse (not a full song) of Crush OST in ep 3. I believe there will be a scene where the OsT will fit and that is when they will release it... don’t worry. tvN is not keeping the OST as they are mistreating Crush. They must know Crush’s values. There is right time for anything. Let’s just enjoy other OSTs which is equally great. I fall in love with KimJaeHwan OST in instant. From the first verse i thought it is by Xia Junsu. 

I am sorry but where can I listen the Part 5 OST? Been searching here and there including YouTube (the impatient me)

2 minutes ago, INeedAFan said:

It will be 1:24 today, so I hope your FF button functions perfectly :D and I am thankful that Netflix has a slider instead :lol:. I agree it should be shorter as some scenes are filler (at least for me).

Five minutes shorter? WOOHOO, that's great news thanks -  maybe there's a chance the Drama will end before the ACTUAL reunification after all:D

25 minutes ago, liltash85 said:

sure i dont think they mistreating crush. it just make me impatient haha because crush is one of the headlined OST for this drama. but if they want to promote Crush ost more i agree that right now is not a good time because how popular zico song was and also BTS pre release. it will not be a good time to promote your OST rn. 

good thing is that Baek Ye RIn OST is loved and currently sitting comfortably in top 10 melon realtime and daily. even with a very fierce chart lineup rn. 

crush only had ever sang 3 OST so far. 

so it will be a long awaited comeback ost for him. 

the last ost he sang is...... Beautiful ( Goblin OST ) which is a mega hit. 

i hope this one hit big tooo because a hit ost contribute into more viewership and exposure in a way for the drama!

• Like 2

Aw that last scene was so touching and sad :tears: I love JH and SR so much! HB is soooo handsome and dreamy and SJY is such a timeless effortless beauty. I’ve always admired HB and I’ve been a fan of SYJ since The Classic and A Moment To Remember. SYJ is such an elegant timeless beauty. I can see why there have been dating rumours between the two for quiet some time now.

This drama continues to be at the top of it’s game. Fast paced and just makes me feel all sorts of feelings. I know everyone has said it before but HB and SJY are seriously killing it! The way they have portrayed JH and SR and brought out their emotions, and not to mention their chemistry, is the reason why this drama is doing so well. 

I have enjoyed SR being in NK but am glad she is finally going home because that’s the first step in us seeing our sweet lead couple reunite and hopefully in a place where they can live together happily. I find it interesting that SR was going to sell her company. Perhaps she was finally at peace and just wanted to live happily away from the family business dynamics? She isn’t your typical rich spoilt heiress, she is actually very kind and genuine but has built a shell around her because she has obviously been let down and taken advantage of by the people around her (including her family). Seeing the flashbacks of her and her mum made me feel really sad and also seeing that her brother did care about her but put the business first, made me realise how sad her life must have been.

I really hope the evil colonel’s eavesdropper dobs him soon and he gives the watch to JH or JH’s dad. He certainly didn’t like hearing that SR was abducted and knows how kind JH, JH’s hyung and SR are.

The neighbourhood ahjummas remind me of us fan girls and our adoration of HB haha I can totally picture being in a group of fan girls and seeing HB and just fawning over his broad shoulders, chiselled jawline, dimples etc. :joy: I asked previously if the evil colonel was the head ahjummas husband and am relieved that he isn’t. I thoroughly enjoyed her telling off her husband for not favouring JH before (it wasn’t just his good looks :joy:). I love the neighbourhood ahjumma scenes, they are so funny! 

My highlights for this episode have to be JH’s parents, the comrades and SR/JH yet again. I love how the majority of us fans knew it was either SD or JH’s dad who kidnapped SR and I’m so happy it was the latter! It set up such a perfect scenario that JH’s parents actually ended up helping SR in the end, as though this was the opening for them to realise that JH and SR are fated. JH’s dads expressions made me laugh so hard when he was just shell shocked at JH and SR’s love, affection and reunion :joy: I knew JH’S Mum was kind but realised she would be a pillar after the hospital scene where she told off JH’s dad for not being grateful that JH was just alive. I think the majority of fans could tell he would put his son first. I liked that he told the evil colonel about JH and his team being put back on the border because he knew it would ensure the colonel sounded crazier and more erratic and therefore he would be temporarily removed, allowing his son’s love to be safely returned to SK.

SR’s farewell to JH’s team was so sad this time because it actually felt real as opposed to the other times. I love how much their relationship has grown! They have genuinely grown to appreciate one another. I’m still hoping for the date better CJW and the soldier who loves kdramas (sorry I should know his name!!) :joy: he has been such a great addition to the story telling of this drama. Always relaying SK dramas in a way we are all familiar with and we can then giggle when this drama heads in that typical SK drama way :joy: 

And JH and SR.. they are perfect. The fact that they have healed each other is just wonderful. Their realisation that they had actually met before was so sweet and touching. Normally I would think it’s such a cliche that they had met previously but in this instance, it fits so well. JH delaying the route to the SK border and that kiss! :wub: It really was fate after all :blush:

The teaser does appear as though the evil colonel will go after SR but what is his demeanour against JH and his family? Is it just jealousy? I actually skipped a few parts at the start so I may have missed it but it seems pretty extreme to be against them to this extent. If it brings the crew back together and SR and JH then I’ll be happy though lol 

I can’t wait for the next episode and am going to struggle with the two week break :bawling::bawling:

And sorry yet again for a super long post!!

• Like 13
  • Love 4

10 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

I love all his expression, I think this episode loved his face expression, when the queen bee husband shoulder hug him :joy:

Queen bee : # Ok let’s send one of the husband to check these shoulder :joy:

A man of thousand faces, I should call :heart:

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote images, thanks!
  • LOL 3