[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

@Ameera Ali lol when they're kissing, i don't mind if i don't see his dimples :)

Sounds like most of you hv seen epi 9? i think i won't read some of the reviews/comments until i set my eyes on it! :)

Yes Ameera is the Queen of Gifs here? or if there are some more comrades you all are great in your artwork! kudos to other comrades who are good in similar artwork! you guys are gifted!

9zO.gif

• Like 6
  • Love 1

The highlight of episode 9 was the conversation between Seri and JH's dad. Its always fun to watch Seri plead her case with "I'm a successful rich queen guys! you must believe me."  Seri being dragged away by Abunim's subordinates was hilarious.

It seems like JH has a very loving family which also has social obligations. Although his dad scolded them, he wasn't too harsh. His reactions to his grown richard simmons son being an idiot with his gf was such a delight. 

I hope JH isn't torn apart from his family at the end because his parents truly need him and they seem to like Seri as well.

Writer-nim, please make the ending happy for everyone. Even if it has to be unrealistic!

• Like 15

51 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Just watching this drama now, and I'm finding SD to be so hateful, preferring JH to stay locked up until their wedding day. I'm wondering why she so desperately wants to marry JH anyway, especially after he's flat out told her that he can't marry her because he loves another woman.

But, oh my gosh, the reunion scene! I think I both laughed and teared up watching that scene. And, then had to laugh as JH and SR faced JH's parents. :lol:

I wish the writer can give her more depth now that she knows between her and JH is a loss cause—or does she know its a loss cause?  Right now she is still the bitter and hateful jaded fiance. 

• Like 3

ew stills & BTS cr: hancinema

(I'm sure we've seen or hv already posted some of these familiar scenes but no harm right? comrades?)

below BTS which I believe one of our comrades can't recall posted it a few days ago:

photo1143731.jpg

photo1143747.jpg

above i believe was actual scene

photo1143748.jpg

Spoiler

photo1143747.jpg

photo1143729.jpg

photo1143728.jpg

photo1143735.jpg

photo1143737.jpgphoto1143738.jpg

photo1143740.jpg

photo1143743.jpg

comrades are upset with PCS :)

photo1143744.jpg

LOL he's a time bomb about to explode! hahaha

• Like 5
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, BoyzwithLuv said:

*Camera zoom out on kiss scene outside hospital*

Everyone: Give us a zoom-in kiss scene!! 

Director-nim: Zoom-in kiss scene coming up *Zoom in on their face*

*Lips left the scene*

Everyone: ..........

this!! I am laughing so hard! Exactly our thoughts!

Ken-Jeong-LOL.gif

:joy::joy:

• LOL 10

24 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Yes, I agree! In order to get a happy ending, I'll even take an unrealistic ending

Methinks it will be headed to a happy ending in Switzerland?  The country world renowned for armed neutrality (even during the World Wars)?  It started there, so ending there would bring it full circle. :lol:

• Like 5

Since many of the comrades here are providing so much insightful details and analyses of the current episode, I can only contribute to some trivia about political background. 

Yes, it's a drama which is more inclined to fantasy. But what makes CLOY interesting for me is the way the writer weaves the story to be as "close" and as"accurate" as it can be to the real-life situation. Some things are exaggerated (paragliding, for instance...though it's written to be more "make sense" with the rules of non-motoric object flying over so it won't be detected by radars + natural disaster to enable the security measures to be defunct), but some are made to be precisely mimicking the current situation (i.e: students' uniforms which are made to reflect the changing era in NK). 

The highlight in this episode should be Seri's way back...which seems to be easy and 'comfortable' compared to any other options RJH has offered her. 

Is it plausible? Can it really happen irl? I saw those questions are being posed. 

It's quite plausible. 

Pyo Chisoo noted that they went to the route to the South which has been de-mined. Such road exists. Though not many people are aware, or able to access it. DMZ is heavily guarded with all heavy security measures...but let's not forget it's 250 km long and 4-5 km wide (Junghyuk only brought Seri to the border of Northern Limit Line which is 2 km wide, btw). There's bound to be a "hole" where it isn't guarded. However, it's not easily accessible even without being guarded due to at least 2 reasons: wildlife and landmines. 

Now landmines. Chisoo also mentioned that the road is cleared of landmines. Such landmines are forbidden under International Law and both Koreas have signed and ratified the law to disarm and not to plant more landmines across the DMZ (or anywhere within territory). 

However, they've both failed to comply with the law because of two reasons, at least. First, there's been MILLIONS of landmines within NLL and SLL (North - South Limit Line) and it's predicted that it'd take 250 years for both of them to de-mine. It's extremely dangerous and difficult to do so. They have to do it manually since it's buried and pretty undetected and many landmines are shifted around within the 70 years of separation due to natural causes. Both Koreas have tried to de-mine (either jointly and separately) some areas since the early Sunshine policy period and the current period (2017 Panmunjeom Declaration)... So some lands/border points are free of mine already...which are closer to where Company 5 in the drama is supposedly posted (I suppose it's within Gyeongi-do borderline since they can see Bukhansan...not the ones in Gangwon-do) in the drama. 

As pointed out in this thread, if there's such an 'easy way' then many NK people would've been defected. But it's not that easy, since it's not accessible. Soldiers may defect through that road if they're familiar enough with the area...the drama touched it a little bit in this episode and there are few occurrences where soldiers would defect by simply crossing JSA border (it's not that easy since it's even more heavily guarded...even if one tries, he/she could've been shot on the spot by either side...or sent back for being suspected as a spy). Also, both Koreas are reluctant to remove the landmines for security reasons. Demining means that people can defect to either Koreas more easily and also make either Koreas more vulnerable to attacks from either side (remember that they're only having CEASEFIRE agreement. The war has not ended, yet). That's why they also maintain the landmines as a part of front-line defense measure. 

Back to the drama, the road Seri's taken to go back to the South is actually plausible...though it's not as easy as it's depicted in the drama hehe. 

Edit:

Possible ending. 

I mentioned once here that I'm inclined Junghyuk would defect to be with Seri...cuz maintaining respective citizenship isn't possible (even with them being in Switzerland). Seri defecting wouldn't sit well with SK audience. 

Another possibility: fantasy Reunification...which is possible since it's a "drama". But then again it might not sit well with SK audiences since currently the NK-SK relationship is cold. I wouldn't rule out this possibility, though. 

One possibility that's plausible yet I haven't seen it being mentioned: signing peace treaty to end Korean War. Once it's signed, both countries can treat each other normally, meaning people and goods and everything can pass border [more] easily. It does not mean Reunification...only two separate countries. 

• Like 9
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 8
  • Thanks 4

On 1/17/2020 at 5:34 AM, ScarlettRose said:

HB’s charm is irresistible and it’s deadly with SYJ. 

Excuse me but your username reminded me of a post I watched years ago in one of the most popular threads here on the forum, it was a video of MLSHR footage together with the song A Thousand Years. I think it was you who made it. I maybe wrong though. But if not, I don’t want to impose but your creativity somehow compels me, can you make one with CLOY? Pretty please with sugar on top?

Oh your so sweet to remember,  even I had forgotten. MLSHR left a lasting impression on me and I think for a long time I held every other drama to its image and found them lacking. I loved that pairing. 

I haven't done a video in a long time and my skills are quite amateurish, but I will definitely give it a go. Love this main pairs chemistry. Think of a song you'd like it to be, think of a few, and I'll see what I can do. 

Just finished ep 5..... I think I may forgo sleep tonight and just marathon the rest. See you comrades on the other side.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Yeay the rating increase again..

I thought HB-SYJ only synchronize in real life like below clip..

But RiRi couple also the same.

I don't know how to make gif.

It is at the part when RJH's mom ask them to have a meals together.

Then both of them glance at the father.

• Like 6

On 1/17/2020 at 5:52 AM, hibiscus23 said:

@MadraRua i know what you mean, i must say these days i also have been v choosy of kdramas, i think bc i was more into those classic ones like winter sonata, autumn tale, etc. but CLOY really piqued my interest esp with actors like HB and SYJ, they hv an amazing chemistry!

High five to us discerning ahjummas :w00t: The chemistry is off the charts, I love them. The captain is such a strong silent type but shows his admiration in little ways. The smuggled goods he bought for her from the South.... just... SWOON :wub:

• Like 7