[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

12 hours ago, nuttyz said:

SR: Geez, will it be okay after 6 months?
JH: Well...
SR: Okay, then for 6 months I will think about our farewell. We are destined to meet, aren't we? Think about it. We met in Swiss coincidentally. We met again in NK. (JH keeps silent) Why?
JH: You can meet with other man. You can live well as if nothing happened. But, don't feel lonely anymore. Don't ever think about disappear silently while looking at beautiful scenery. Because you have me
SR: But you won't be my side
JH: Even if I can't be by your side, you will always have me as someone who wish that you won't feel lonely anymore. Please be happy for the rest of your life. I would be thankful if you do that

wow this is actually the best drama dialogue I've ever heard and seen. This is the deepest form of love- sincerely wishing the best for the other. is this considered noble idiocy? I'm not so sure but it's not cringy at all. instead it just makes me cry and cry.

I need a RJH in my life.

11 hours ago, Nesame said:

It will be excited and funny if the 4 ducklings went to South and met SR ad know that she is so rich. 

i wonder how will JH manage to go over South. 

yes please I need RJH to bring his subordinates to SK to protect Seri!!!!

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

Annyeong tongmu! My first time posting anything here after being a lurker for the longest time. I don't think I can sleep after ep9, with goosebumps and various emotions running thru my mind.

That last scene was obviously the clincher, but for me the whole mood was set as they made their way to the DMZ. That scene of the silhouette of Seri and the boys trekking on the horizon with the military-drum tune in the background was beautiful. The old abandoned house with mementos of family and time (what looked like an old photo frame of old faded family photos lying broken on the road, the broken clock frozen in time) all served as a heartbreaking reminder of the senselessness of families split/separated by war/ideology.

And then Seri and the ducklings sitting in a row, and Joo Meok pointing out how they can see that mountain in Seoul from where they were. So near, yet so far and so different. And we are talking about one people from what was formerly one country here. Truly heartbreaking. 

And baby Eun Dong saying he hasn't seen his mom, and can only see his mom upon his discharge 9 years away. So sad when juxtaposed with Seri's own relationship with her mom/non-mom. 

And my take of the kiss - it was so full of love and desperation, yet non-sexual, and somehow I feel guilty looking at them, like it was meant to be their moment and something that we are not privy to. I think gamtong-nim had that objective in mind, cos the angles are all 'you can see but you can't really see', if you know what I mean. I'm still a blubbering mess here. 

Gosh, so heartbreakingly beautiful. 

• Like 13
  • Love 5
  • Insightful 3

30 minutes ago, isitbaked said:

The ducklings deserve more glory! They are the most fun part of the show and I hope they play a role in South Korea as well. 

I agree. They deserve more glory especially Master Sergeant Pyo Chi Soo, SR’s bff. I want more of their banters in SK. Please writer-nim. Make my wish come true. 

Also, with regard to the logic behind SR’s escape route, if I understood correctly, what made it easy this time for SR to escape undetected was the scheme JH plotted ( there deserter causing an emergency shift) and also the fake lead which drew CK to JH’s parents’ house so CK is busy in Pyongyang. 

Correct me if I’m wrong comrades.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, L A said:

I agree with you there.

I read some post earlier that was disappointed the way Seri was sent back. In my opinion this method is pure gold. "To return the way you arrived", isn't it a strategy in one of those war strategies books? Also, I'm sure before episode 9 no one in the entire CLOY fandom has thought of this escaping method. I myself spent some time thinking about what other options could there be for Seri, but due to my limited experience with K drama and little knowledge about NK-SK tension, I thought there was no other way and RJH was going in circles. I should have more faith in RJH like Seri. She was so convinced that he could help her escape and she was right. Maybe that's why he loves her and not me, hehe :)

Kudos to writer-nim for having planned out all these escape scenarios so thoughtfully.

Just one minor thing though: This path crossing the border without any obstacles just seem too easy to be true. If reality was like that, I'm sure thousands of NK would have defected already.

But yeah, this is a fictitious border, where our OTP could stand next to the barbed wire and kiss symbolically. I'm not complaining :) 

I guess that after all the theories and conspiracy guessworks earlier, some may feel a bit "let down" that SR's return to SK seems so "easy" and "undramatic" lol!! 

But I think the writer is very smart and has also done her homework. Here's my thot :

- there's one scene in Ep 9 where it shows there was a defector and alarm was sounded. I was wondering earlier "so what", who's the defector and why is this important?

- after the episode ended, I was thinking about how JH and his team was called for "emergency switching". At first was wondering "what the heck is that?" My guess is that, the defector must have been one of the soldiers of the present army unit guarding the DMZ. So once something like that happens, they need to do "emergency switching" to another army unit. And JH must have found about the defector incident and asked the Senior Colonel that his unit be the one given that "emergency switching".

- JH is really one smart and fast-thinking guy. The opportunity was only there out of coincidence, and he took it immediately so that he can transport SR safely back to SK.

Again, salute to writer-nim!!

As for why they can cross the border so easily, since JH's army unit took over DMZ after the emergency switching, he probably has full control of it and hence was able to lead SR across the border without the NK army stopping them. (probably it's not that simple in real NK life but hey, it's kdrama!)

That's my theory!! Other thots and discussion will be most welcome!!

• Like 9
  • Insightful 9

26 minutes ago, dramamilft said:

I cannot wait to see our ducklings in SK! I can imagine SR spoiling them and returning the favor. At this point now, I still cannot guess where the writer is going to take the ending but I know/hope she will not disappoint. 

They need to cast Choi Ji Woo as cameo in this drama seriously! I want my NK ducklings to be happy too! And Seri will send back thousands of SK cosmetics to the ahjummas of that village!

• Like 8

4 hours ago, im0202 said:

Everyone’s talking about the last scene and predictably so... :wub:

but my favourite scene of ep 9 was in RJH’s house. His dad was the absolute scene-stealer:joy: The scene was heart-warming but I couldn’t help but LOL at all his reactions...

And that was when this father knew he (and they) are all screwed LOL 

I totally agree!!  I've watched 전국환 / Jun Gook Hwan / Jeon Guk Hwan everywhere, but this is my favorite scene of his ever!

4e6cea914f20260dc817b7ceb4ed9eaaffe85179

And combined with the emotions he showed in the funeral flashback just before:

93da4c80eefcd712dc7933bc331dacd4dac38e97

:heart:

• Like 16

6 minutes ago, cakezetajones said:

Annyeong tongmu! My first time posting anything here after being a lurker for the longest time. I don't think I can sleep after ep9, with goosebumps and various emotions running thru my mind.

That last scene was obviously the clincher, but for me the whole mood was set as they made their way to the DMZ. That scene of the silhouette of Seri and the boys trekking on the horizon with the military-drum tune in the background was beautiful. The old abandoned house with mementos of family and time (what looked like an old photo frame of old faded family photos lying broken on the road, the broken clock frozen in time) all served as a heartbreaking reminder of the senselessness of families split/separated by war/ideology.

And then Seri and the ducklings sitting in a row, and Joo Meok pointing out how they can see that mountain in Seoul from where they were. So near, yet so far and so different. And we are talking about one people from what was formerly one country here. Truly heartbreaking. 

And baby Eun Dong saying he hasn't seen his mom, and can only see his mom upon his discharge 9 years away. So sad when juxtaposed with Seri's own relationship with her mom/non-mom. 

And my take of the kiss - it was so full of love and desperation, yet non-sexual, and somehow I feel guilty looking at them, like it was meant to be their moment and something that we are not privy to. I think gamtong-nim had that objective in mind, cos the angles are all 'you can see but you can't really see', if you know what I mean. I'm still a blubbering mess here. 

Gosh, so heartbreakingly beautiful. 

Hello welcome! Looks like many people de-lurked and decided to post cuz of CLOY. I am also one of them!

There are so many little details in this episode (and others) that I really appreciate and which touches me. What you recount above are some of them. I do believe that especially for South Koreans who watch this drama, it will give them a much needed humanistic perspective of the 2 Korea separation. 

I was also so surprised when I found out for the first time that NK must be in the army for 10 years! And most of the time, they are used as workers eg. to dig roads, etc. Such hard life for them..... makes me appreciate the blessings I have in my country, despite the weaknesses.

Also like your thot about that parting final kiss, that gamtong-nim (is that the director?) almost seem to want to give them that privacy. It's also kinda very old-movie type of kiss, isn't it?  So very poignant and sad. Almost a kiss of desperation, just like how JH kept walking around in circles with SR so that they can spend as much time together as possible before the sun rises (probably also for SR to easily find the SK soldiers in the morning). Le sigh..... the writer and director knows how to wring our hearts.....

• Like 10
  • Love 1

37 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

@BoyzwithLuv

:joy: I agree 100% is like he telling us 

# Don’t forget to tune in for the next episode or BTS :joy:

@cenching , @Sarang21 @Lawyerh 

*Camera zoom out on kiss scene outside hospital*

Everyone: Give us a zoom-in kiss scene!! 

Director-nim: Zoom-in kiss scene coming up *Zoom in on their face*

*Lips left the scene*

Everyone: ..........

• Like 2
  • LOL 15

39 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

@BoyzwithLuv

:joy: I agree 100% is like he telling us 

# Don’t forget to tune in for the next episode or BTS :joy:

@cenching , @Sarang21 @Lawyerh 

Did you use your magnifying glass while watching the kiss? :smirk:

edit. So I found out that the director zoomed in so much that you couldn´t see the lips. I guess you didn´t need your magnifying glass anymore :joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 8

the one drama that makes me log back in to soompi. HI EVERYONE or if i may say COMRADES! i don’t have the time to read previous pages so... sorry if someone already post what im posting hehehe. 

tonight’s episode is heartbreaking in a comical way which is mind blowing! along the way of their last goodbye, i secretly hoped that CG gets them so that our SR and JH can spend another eternity lol. but of course, i can’t wait to see SR crash landing on everyone’s butt back in SK!!! except the two men :)

my favorite favorite scene of the whole episode:

891545601398aed367d1c8527252debbaf6981dd

3899e8a2d12909e5a0d296bf16b0a2c80c3113c5

(cr: kdramanewbie.tumblr)

the whole in-laws and kiss scene can’t compare. this is the most purest thing.... look at his gaze :tears: i so can’t watch the next episode... watching his dull eyes, longing for someone he can no longer see..... at least for now. 

if they don’t get back together for good, be it in SK NK or even the desert, i swear i will find a way to email the writer and make them shoot all over again. YES, MUST PROTECT SR JH AT ALL COST! how am i going to survive the one week break after tomorrow’s episode?! *wails in 100 languages* 

• Like 10
  • Love 4

A lot happened in Ep 9 but for some reason I only remember RJH's admission that he cares for YSR in front of his parents and their kiss at the end.:tounge_wink: Will surely replay the episode but I'll do that later because it's already 5:29AM here in my part of the world so I really need to hit the sack the soonest.:smile:

epff.jpg

ep9fff.jpg

ep9ffff.jpg

• Like 10
  • Love 1

This drama had helped me to appreciate the looks, appeal and acting chops of Hyun Bin and in the process had been converted to become a new fan of Hyun Bin. I was not a fan of Hyun Bin previously and this is actually my first Hyun Bin drama. I started this drama more for Son Ye Jin initially.

I really like his interpretation and portrayal of Ri Jung Heok. His acting really nailed it for many memorable scenes. Like the ending scene of episode 8, when he received the call from Seri. In episode 9, where Seri was going to the piano to play the piano, he had this look on his face which is partly indulgent and amused and partly condescending and patronising but once she started playing the tune, his expression changed. I thought that was so good. 

• Like 15

On 1/17/2020 at 5:56 PM, Harry97 said:

Hide contents

Or maybe Jo Cheol Kang escaped to south after being exposed of his crimes. So the JH including whole NK troop is there on a special mission to catch him.

I was trying to remember who was the one who said this...you called it!!:thumbsup:

• Like 7

Now we can all thank the evil villain for being the fool-proof way for our star-crossed lover's "reunification" in Korea. We've hated him so bad during the past episodes. How ironic for him to play a key role in getting them back to each other's arms.

• Like 7
  • Naughty 1
  • LOL 1

I am absolutely impressed by this drama. It made me extremely emotionally invested in the characters and the story, and i can't thank enough everyone who worked on creating it! I can see why it takes them until 5 am to shoot this beautiful drama!  I can see that everyone involved wanted to tell a beautiful story and honestly, with every episode it gets only stronger, the characters are fleshed out and every moment is important. I haven't been this inspired for a long time, and the fact that this story touched my heart means a lot to me. 

I absolutely loved the goodbye Seri and Jeong Hyeok had. The "don't date men" - "you can date men, just don't be lonely." moment made me feel.. He truly loves her, he is willing to let her go - fully- so she would have a happy life. 

I really appreciate the family moment with JH's parents. It was sweet and I could see him being his father's son - not really showing his emotions but being protective of his family, having a warm kind heart. And his mom, I like hiw she is the sensitive one. It's really beautiful how we get pushed into dramatic moments but the next thing you know - we're laughing again. 

I actually enjoyed Dan's moments here, we had an important flashback that made her character just likeable enough to forgive her. Yes, selfish and spoiled, but with the help of the second male lead, she can fix her moral radar. 

And oh i cried at the goodbye scene with the soldiers. It's her family. Her brothers. People who truly care about her. I will miss this North Korea. I will miss their little village. I grew up in a post-communist country and I have to say, even though it was extremely glamorized version of communism, the theme is familiar. I was a bit nostalgic when I watched some of the scenes. Even though I myself haven't experienced communism, I do recognize some of its aspects. 

Overall, this episode just might be my favourite one, after episode 2. Idk why i like episode 2 so much, but it's the one i rewatched the most. 

• Like 14
  • Love 3