[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

2 hours ago, Nesseri said:

I read somewhere on instagram's posting (cant remember whose fan ig account) today that Hyun Bin & Ye Jin are the most talked artists for the second week of January 2020.. :love:

here it is!! haha :mrgreen:

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 3

1 hour ago, kriswu said:

Is that enough time to film everything + the finale, if ever happy ending will be in Swiss?^_^

Spoiler

I wonder about that too— I know Goblin’s ending was already filmed in Quebec right at the start since it was also a pre-location produced + live shoot combination, and there were a few endings too...

@justamom I’m missing your analyses too, in a very long empty week. Eodiya? :D

• Like 3
  • Love 1

@poipoipo After watching ep8 and its brilliant acting coupled with those heart wrenching tears of SYJ and HB, my heart still aches. So YEP an open ending would most certainly frustrate me and leave heaps of drama fans most unsatisfied! Surely Switzerland is the solution to round up their story and make it fairytale-like? After all, the plot is already unrealistic--who cares about politics, the reality of who is to defect and the aftermath of citizens of two warring countries living happily ever after together?! 

51 minutes ago, Nesame said:

Everyday looking at forum, IG, FB hoping theres some news on the cast or they are spotted again by fans during filming. :D

Listening to the OST everyday too. 

A part of me wish that sat come fast but am so worried 16 episode will end soon. Hope the show can be extended. 16 is too short!

After this will definitely have to wait for sometime for Hyun Bin next show. 

Me too! Its like I'm obsessed, even browsing through Korean news and trying to google translate netizen reactions. :sweatingbullets: I feel like there would be less in the coming days as filming schedule gets tighter. And if HB is off to film a movie after this, means no interviews of our OTP together :(

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

So I was wandering around on YouTube looking for videos on HB playing the piano and singing, and found two covers of the piano piece that JH wrote for this brother. The second one is slightly longer, but both so beautiful that when I listened to them, I was brought back to Switzerland on the pier with JH at his piano, and SR on the boat listening to the song that saved her life. :wub:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

To be honest, for me, the tricky part about the ending isn't so much where they end up in the end. The tricky part is how do they end up together without one of them becoming a criminal. 

If they end up in SK, Seri would continue to be a public figure and I don't know how JH would feel about that given that he likes to lay low. Also, how would NK see that? Would they consider him a defector of some sort? 

If they remain in NK, then the drama would have to make it so that Seri can remain in the country as a legal resident. This will be tricky given that the NK officials are already aware of her existence and already suspect something is amiss. For Seri's presence to be legal, I think someone in SK would have to intervene.. and again, how does JH remove himself from the situation? At this point, Seri's very existence is a threat to his life. The moment they find out he's been hiding an illegal trespasser from SK, he's doomed.

I don't really focus too much on Seri nor JH keeping their statuses. Sure, Seri is successful and is in line to inherit the conglomerate but we also have to remember that was her life before JH. She literally did not have anyone except for her business. It doesn't even seem like she had friends. Also, from the episodes we've seen so far, she seems to slowly be developing an appreciation for NK's simpler way of life. Sure, it's no walk in the park but I can see her foregoing her former lifestyle to be with JH. Remember too that she was going to kill herself in Switzerland. All that money and power made her so unhappy because she didn't feel loved by her own family. 

As for JH, I suspect that he only went into the military to find out how his brother died. But we can see that his original dreams/plans involved pursuing a career in the arts. So I can also see him foregoing his military service to be with Seri.

Switzerland may be ideal for them as it would be a place where they can start a new life together. But again, we come down to, how do they even get there without JH (or his family) being seen as traitors?

• Like 12
  • Insightful 5

I am waiting restlessly and impatiently for Sunday to come.... I've become a complete lost case for CLOY!  Anyways..... I saw this  wonderful clip done by Sonal Sinha on Youtube and felt that I have o share with fans of SR and JH here on Soompi.   The lyrics are like Jung-hyuk's unspoken thoughts of what Seri has become for him ¬¬:heart:

She is a window and she is an arrow
She is a line in the sand
She is the ocean, that breathless commotion
That carries you far from dry land
She is the sunlight, that wicked blue moonlight,
The star to my wandering bark
She is the melody to my sad symphony
She is the way through the dark
She'll tip you over and she'll drag you under
And she'll sing that love is a fire
She is a mystery, my heart's wounded history
And she is the hardest goodbye
She is a lesson that I learned the hard way
She's a long distance call
She is a casualty of my uncertainty
She's a brick wall
She's an obsession and she's an addiction
That I thought I had beat
She's a confession and she's a temptation
That walks by on the street
She is my skin holding my blood in
And covering my bones
She is my meaning, the crutch I've been leaning on
She is my own
She is a lifetime of strangers and friends
I know someday she'll stay by my side
Source:  Musixmatch
  • Like 5
  • Love 7
  • Awesome 1

Much as we, especially the fangirling ones, cry out for more lovey dovey scenes of our OTP, I strongly feel that our writer is doing a BRILLIANT job in incoperating insightful and meaningful scenes of the formidable Kaesong Ahjuma squad and JH's adorable ducklings. They are integral parts of this gem of a drama !:wub:

They are definitely needed to facilitate SR 's development from a "picky princess" into a totally different person. I dont have to write a thesis on it as I dont have the time and many posters here have already commented about it.:blush:

I'm praying hard that in the end, none of the ducklings is sacrificed in order to save our OTP!  :love:

• Like 12
  • Love 1

I love @stroppyse theory on how it ends. I have watched most of this writers dramas and honestly have hated how they all end. I hope she does not go the MLFTS route because I still am not yet over that wormhole or piehole DMJ goes through. I hope she has more creativity than to recycle that type of ending.  And I hope it’s more a blockbuster ending than lackluster to keep up with the vibe of the drama so far.   I don’t mind if it isn’t too realistic because the entire basis of the drama is already unrealistic.  I am one of the viewers who are invested in the NK characters that I don’t mind if the show stays in NK. At the point in this drama, we don’t have much time to see how JH will adapt in SK and there really are no characters in SK that pull me in. Rather, I want to see how the “rat” story ends, how the baddie gets his day, how the murder of JH brother gets resolved, how SD breaks the engagement, and the ahjumma squad! 

If it truly does end in Switzerland, does that mean the crew already filmed the ending? 

• Like 12

9 minutes ago, corey said:

I think Switzerland is pretty much sure outcome, given the opening credits of the drama.

I have been thinking about it and IMHO the only plausible solution which does not result in suspension of disbelief is for JH to be presumed dead in NK. Something should happen to him (falling of a bridge? car crash? shooting? plenty of possibilities) that his family and military command would think him dead. They could even have a funeral with an empty coffin (writer must come up with an explanation why there is no body of course), grieving family and military saluting the deceased hero (he must die a NK hero for his family to be safe).

And someone (Seri's father?) would help JH to obtain false identity and transfer him abroad.

And then, of course, after the obligatory K-Drama standard one year of separation they would meet in Switzerland.

Ah! This is very plausible! I would like to think (and I hope!) that JH's family will support and help him.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, KimSooHanMoo said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I love his acting in the movie I Am Happy too. He is a really versatile actor. I Am Happy was done before Secret Garden. It’s just that some of these aren’t as well known as his blockbuster KDramas like My Name is Kim Sam Soon and Secret Garden. I have watched every single one of his project haha.. I love him as Dong Soo in Friends Our Legend too. Putting this in spoiler since it’s not related to the drama. Confidential Assignment is his highest grossing movie. 

He is going to shoot his upcoming movie Bargaining right after CLoY. I saw from the movie schedule that it’s going to be released in September this year. That’s really quite rushed coz movie production usually needs about one year of post shooting editing. Am looking forward to his movie with veteran actor Hwang Jeong Min.

..Talking about I Am Happy SYJ said in one of the Netflix promo clips that his real personality is most like the one in I Am Happy :blush: - haha..

ah really? hahaha

Here's latest stills fr hancinema

I haven't browsed on thread N not sure if someone already posted this:

photo1142602.jpg

photo1142600.jpg

photo1142601.jpg

Spoiler

photo1142590.jpgphoto1142591.jpgphoto1142594.jpg

• Like 9
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, mouse007 said:

To be honest, for me, the tricky part about the ending isn't so much where they end up in the end. The tricky part is how do they end up together without one of them becoming a criminal. 

If they end up in SK, Seri would continue to be a public figure and I don't know how JH would feel about that given that he likes to lay low. Also, how would NK see that? Would they consider him a defector of some sort? 

If they remain in NK, then the drama would have to make it so that Seri can remain in the country as a legal resident. This will be tricky given that the NK officials are already aware of her existence and already suspect something is amiss. For Seri's presence to be legal, I think someone in SK would have to intervene.. and again, how does JH remove himself from the situation? At this point, Seri's very existence is a threat to his life. The moment they find out he's been hiding an illegal trespasser from SK, he's doomed.

I don't really focus too much on Seri nor JH keeping their statuses. Sure, Seri is successful and is in line to inherit the conglomerate but we also have to remember that was her life before JH. She literally did not have anyone except for her business. It doesn't even seem like she had friends. Also, from the episodes we've seen so far, she seems to slowly be developing an appreciation for NK's simpler way of life. Sure, it's no walk in the park but I can see her foregoing her former lifestyle to be with JH. Remember too that she was going to kill herself in Switzerland. All that money and power made her so unhappy because she didn't feel loved by her own family. 

As for JH, I suspect that he only went into the military to find out how his brother died. But we can see that his original dreams/plans involved pursuing a career in the arts. So I can also see him foregoing his military service to be with Seri.

Switzerland may be ideal for them as it would be a place where they can start a new life together. But again, we come down to, how do they even get there without JH (or his family) being seen as traitors?

(My own predictions:sweatingbullets:)What if ..... JH found out the whereabouts of SR from his father, but JH had to make some agreements with his father to fake SR's death in NK to protect SR and JH family's power status... pretend father's goons killed her, but in reality ship her out of NK, after SR returned to SK, she realizes that she no longer need her material things , sell her business, leaves her father's company to her brothers to fight over, reconcile with her father and mother but decided to leave her family behind in SK, go to Switzerland to soul search, maybe build another business there (immigrate as an investor) during her off times she would look for the song she once heard and maybe the piano player (aka JH).

JH's part, After SR left NK, JH would concentrate on resolving his brother's murder by using the evidence he collected and the watch, with the help of the Rat-listener (i forgot his name) as the witness, using JH's father's power and connections to ask for formal investigation against the bad guy (sorry, I forgot his name too), when all those involve in his brother's death are locked up and JH's family is safe from all the power struggle, JH would resign from military duties and asked to be re-assigned as a diplomat in Switzerland (i wanna see him in a more relax environment where he can smile freely)... He would work as a diplomat during the day and after office hours would play the piano by the lake(?).... And on one of the days he going off work, that's when he and SR meet on the streets.... they would reconnect again, meet as friends at first, get to know one another in a different environment, then one day during their dinner, SR would mentioned that she has this tune stuck in her head and played it for JH, then JH'll be so shock that anyone would remember the song he composed for his brother, SR would tell JH that that song save her from her suicidal thoughts years ago, JH would share with SR that the song was meant for his brother who was murdered in NK.  JH would played it for her and they would  realized that they are still in-love with each other :lol: i would love it if they will film a wedding scene.... but i would be satisfied too if they have another HOT kiss to end this drama...... :lol:

I'll still leave it up to the writer and the director to give us a good drama!:lol: 8 more episodes to go! fighting everyone!! :lol:

• Like 8
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 3

11 hours ago, liltash85 said:

@Ameera Ali Sulky RJH expression is the best. He looks so naive like a little boy

IKR I love his innocent looks, like u said so naive like a little boy! he's an amazing actor & after CLOY i do hope he gets more projects.

Below is the link about JJM & JDG, i know we all read this here on thread about this hacking: cr hancinema

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

10 minutes ago, Winny said:

(My own predictions:sweatingbullets:)What if ..... JH found out the whereabouts of SR from his father, but JH had to make some agreements with his father to fake SR's death in NK to protect SR and JH family's power status... pretend father's goons killed her, but in reality ship her out of NK, after SR returned to SK, she realizes that she no longer need her material things , sell her business, leaves her father's company to her brothers to fight over, reconcile with her father and mother but decided to leave her family behind in SK, go to Switzerland to soul search, maybe build another business there (immigrate as an investor) during her off times she would look for the song she once heard and maybe the piano player (aka JH).

JH's part, After SR left NK, JH would concentrate on resolving his brother's murder by using the evidence he collected and the watch, with the help of the Rat-listener (i forgot his name) as the witness, using JH's father's power and connections to ask for formal investigation against the bad guy (sorry, I forgot his name too), when all those involve in his brother's death are locked up and JH's family is safe from all the power struggle, JH would resign from military duties and asked to be re-assigned as a diplomat in Switzerland (i wanna see him in a more relax environment where he can smile freely)... He would work as a diplomat during the day and after office hours would play the piano by the lake(?).... And on one of the days he going off work, that's when he and SR meet on the streets.... they would reconnect again, meet as friends at first, get to know one another in a different environment, then one day during their dinner, SR would mentioned that she has this tune stuck in her head and played it for JH, then JH'll be so shock that anyone would remember the song he composed for his brother, SR would tell JH that that song save her from her suicidal thoughts years ago, JH would share with SR that the song was meant for his brother who was murdered in NK.  JH would played it for her and they would  realized that they are still in-love with each other :lol: i would love it if they will film a wedding scene.... but i would be satisfied too if they have another HOT kiss to end this drama...... :lol:

I'll still leave it up to the writer and the director to give us a good drama!:lol: 8 more episodes to go! fighting everyone!! :lol:

This would be the perfect fairy-tale ending....hope they end up together! It will be such a letdown if they need to be separated forever. I think it's pretty safe to assume from the opening they will end in in Switzerland...although legal I hope! 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Ending Predictions

I think the ending will take place in Switzerland. Ri Jeong Hyeok and Se Ri will be separated for a while when she goes back to South Korea. She will live the life she has been living as before but she will never be happy she will the take a trip back to Switzerland where to where it all started. In the first preview you can see Se Ri sight seeing in the brige she looks like contemplating about something. I think this is also where the Piano melody will come into play (Rjy song for his Brother) Jeong Hyeok will be in Switzerland he might be retired from the military. (In the first preview the shot where he is wearing a Suit with his brushed up hair style).

He will be Playing the Piano again and thats the same song he will be play and SeRi will hear the melody she will follow it and there she will see RJY. The reunion will take place in Switzerland and they will do what every lovey dovey couple does to make up for the time lost when they are separated. SeRi might stay in Switzerland and run her business from there. There is also a still where she is wearing a floral dress and looks like she's in a conference or something and Jeong Hyeok is sitting in the table smiling looking like a proud husband or something.

This image from the still cuts might be parts of the ending...

Spoiler

Some conference or gathering of something 

Edited by Jillia
Please put more than 3 pics/IGs in spoiler tags, thanks!
  • Like 13
  • Love 8

Annyeonggg, Indonesian fan here :):)

This is my very first post in this site :)

All this time i'm lurking and reading all comments here lol.

Been itching to post but never did because i thought people already speculating how the ending would be :)

but when i read @corey post up there, i was like "FINALLEHHH!!" :P:P:P

Same with corey, the last few weeks i'm actually hoping the writer will make RJH character dies in NK, and live in another country with new identity. Imo, that's the most possible way for JH and SR to live together :)

Many people curious about the ending, but I'm actually more confused why the idea of JH death never come across, or maybe i missed the comments if someone already posted the idea :)

So yeah, i'm with corey :)

• Like 11
  • Love 1