[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

Hello all comrades!! (Lol can't believe I'm saying this)

Have been following all the chats and analysis and it's been great fun while waiting for new episodes this coming Sat/ Sun (YAY!! It's finally the weekend!). I don't wanna make too many assumptions on my part and just gonna savour CLOY one episode at a time. 

Repeated watch Ep 7 & 8 - it was so so GOOD!! 

Also have been watching Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin's previous shows. Now I am redigesting My Lovely Kim Sam Soon! It's the drama that made be a HB fan and it's still super awesome (though the fashion and video quality is so old fashion lol!). HB was only 23 years old then but already such a good actor. But he dialled it up 100% in CLOY as Captain Ri! He really ages like high quality wine! Next target is SYJ's Something in the Rain. :D

Can't wait for Sat to come!! Waiting to be surprised by the writer, director and our RiRi couple again!

• Like 9

1 hour ago, hibiscus23 said:

Spoiler

An Officer & a Gentleman :)  cr: Soompi

Spoiler

Spoiler

HB looks good/great in any uniform he wears!!!:blush:

cr: Hellokpop

Spoiler

cr: dramabeans

Reveal hidden contents

BTS cr: soompi

You should've included RJH on a Hospital Gown. He looked dashing wearing it ... :lol: 

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks! :)
  • Like 1
  • LOL 2

27 minutes ago, thanie said:

@hibiscus23, I constructed my sentence wrong :D, Sar-rry! 

Talking about the drama's location, they're all so breathtaking! And remember that scene in Switzerland when RJH played the piano? It was so dreamy and relaxing, I wanted to screenshot that particular scene and posted it IG (NF doesn't allow :bawling:) It could pass as a phone wallpaper, too. 

I don't want to think too much about how this drama progresses. Instead, I will leave it all to writer-nim's wild imagination. I'm sure she won't disappoint us, or the whole Soompi community will explode! 

@thanie hahaha that's why i also wondered what you said about Jeju hahaha it's OK comrade, no worries! However, yes Jeju is a nice place, that's one place i didn't get a chance to go when we went to SK a few yrs ago :(

Yes, that scene in Switz. where he was playing the piano, i liked that one too, good for a screenshot i know!

I agree we'll leave it to writer-nim hahaha or we'll go picketing in SK if she disappoints us! the whole CLOY soompi comrades will explode like u said!

We all can't wait for this w/end I know and tomorrow is the countdown! LOL

@thanie said: You should've included RJH on a Hospital Gown. He looked dashing wearing it ... :lol: 

Oh that's right comrade hahaha even shirtless he looks good hahaha :sweatingbullets:

Spoiler

243204_221852844510247_7021501_o.jpg?_nc

This drama has consumed most of our time but it's worth it! This thread alone is just as addictive as the drama itself! I feel my day won't be complete if I don't come to this thread lol reading all the talented views, seeing gifs fr artistic comrades here, photos, etc just makes your day!

• Like 4
  • LOL 4

Annyeong Comrades! I'm back! 

So I was looking for news about CLOY because I saw somewhere in twitter that Crush will sing an OST for this drama. I'm probably missing a lot I think I have to go back where I left off. Anyways, I noticed in Naver drama search bar that CLOY is trending no.1 and no. 2 in Daum. People getting excited for tomorrow ha?! Ohhhh can't wait too! Shoot!!!! Fighting! The waiting is almost over! 

• Like 9

It’s been posted countless times but looking at it is love no matter how many times I’ve seen it. 

911-E9187-F323-4-A46-8633-E7-CB1-E763711

7-ED0-C183-D184-4-F1-B-804-F-3-CEFE1-AB3

FF48-BBB1-F05-F-45-A3-A069-C4-C6-E048962

I’m happy they’re comfortable with each other and I can’t help but hope their reel feelings will become real. 

3 hours ago, hibiscus23 said:

An Officer & a Gentleman 

Move over Richard Gere, HB is the new definition of the phrase.

3 hours ago, thanie said:

You should've included RJH on a Hospital Gown. He looked dashing wearing it ... 

Damn those scenes. The situation was serious but I was actually smiling and grinning while watching. 

23 hours ago, joonminfan said:

All.The.Time.

12 hours ago, MadraRua said:

Just finished episode 3 and I'm in love  I haven't been as captivated by a kdrama since .... forever. I had been going through a bit of a kdrama drought. I just couldn't find one to spark my interest but lo and behold, along came Crash Landing on You, and I'm hooked ...

HB’s charm is irresistible and it’s deadly with SYJ. 

Excuse me but your username reminded me of a post I watched years ago in one of the most popular threads here on the forum, it was a video of MLSHR footage together with the song A Thousand Years. I think it was you who made it. I maybe wrong though. But if not, I don’t want to impose but your creativity somehow compels me, can you make one with CLOY? Pretty please with sugar on top?

• Like 10
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

2 hours ago, sussieh said:

Agree. SR was fighting her depression so she must have not really pay attention to anything or anyone until she heard his piano song from the boat.

For other hand, I do believe that he remembers her.

I agree with you, I think JH remembers SR, but SR with her depression and suicidal thoughts doesn't remember much of what happen in Switzerland, only the piano song....

1 hour ago, Dramanoona said:

I think that if the writer had already the completed script, they could have filmed the ending in Switzerland when they were there.

I do hope they end up in a neutral country - it would be safer for JH.

Yes, i think it would be safer for both SR and JH to be in  neutral country if they ended up together.... SR living in NK would be in constant threat of danger from the comm country,  from what I read and heard travelling to comm country, they don't play by the books, you have to bend to them in able to survive.... JH would always worry for her safety even when he's at work... JH was able to get away with alot of things because he is the son of one of the Chief in highest position on NK..... I think he'll be dead or locked up the first time he was caught at the train station if he's the son of a normal lieutenant or lower position. 

And if JH defect to SK, then he has to worry about his parents if they stay behind in NK, they are old... there might not be alot of loyal commanders to protect his parent and they will be in constant threat by the younger ambitious power starve -will-do-anything just to be in power.  My 2 cents.:lol:

• Like 5
  • Love 1

22 minutes ago, ScarlettRose said:

Damn those scenes. The situation was serious but I was actually smiling and grinning while watching. 

@ScarlettRose just imagine, one of CLOY's most exciting moments happened when RJH was wearing a hospital gown :D. I almost forgot he was a patient who underwent operation because he got shot! I was actually smiling the whole Ep. 7 and 8 :lol: ... love all those hospital scenes, especially the kiss scene and RJH' banter with his guys (what do you call THEM again? Minions? Sorry, I'm not yet done back-reading). RJH looks cute when he's jealous ... Ayeeeeh! :mrgreen: 

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

@ScarlettRose i agree, move over Richard Gere hahaha our new officer & a gentleman of the century hahaha has invaded our thread! :) 

I love those photos also and that's BTS where it only goes to show they're comfy with each other! Hope against hope, that these two will become a couple in real life! You said it well, HB's charm is irresistible & deadly with SYJ :blush:

@joonminfanThe answer to when did Capt Ri make my heart flutter? the answer is yes always hahaha! 

@MadraRua i know what you mean, i must say these days i also have been v choosy of kdramas, i think bc i was more into those classic ones like winter sonata, autumn tale, etc. but CLOY really piqued my interest esp with actors like HB and SYJ, they hv an amazing chemistry!

• Like 9
  • Love 3

Thanks for sharing pics! So we don’t have to wait and they meet again in episode 9 then? :D Hope this isn’t a teaser like how the preview at the end of episode 6 ended up being for episode 8. This drama does move at a good pace so I’m hopeful! :blush:

2 more days!

And looking at the article from naver reminds me that I need to take up Korean lessons so I’m not always cluelessly hunting for any type of clue and translation :joy:

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

47 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

On the poster:

Title: Fast & Jeong Hyeok

A fantastical rush that you won’t be able to take your eyes off of.
A masterpiece that the whole country should see at least once…!
As you look at his face, 1 hour flies by.

Instagram caption:

A fantastical rush that you won’t be able to stop watching all weekend!
As you look at his face, where did the 1 hour go?

A plot that changes color every time you watch. (me: means that it has a lot of twists and turns)
<Fast & JeongHyuk> will be showing only in our dreams.

I know that almost everyone wants a longer episode count for this drama, but actually, I think it would be a really great movie as well. I would go watch it anyway. :)

Thanks for the translation @stroppyse! If this turns into a movie, I bet it would be a blockbuster. I would probably buy premium class tickets to enjoy the movie comfortably with a meal.xD

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

While waiting for Saturday to come (tomorrow tomorrow!!), I watched The Negotiation, The Truth Beneath and Confidential Assignments :joy: and I love love love to see how Hyun Bin has transformed from a skinny lad to who he is now and I honestly confess that I love his built now (even then in The Negotiation too). I love Ye Jin in Something in The Rain which I have completed watching last week.. The chemistry between Hyun Bin and Ye Jin is soo organic I don't mind repeating CLoY episode 07 & 08 just because (and I don't mind reading in here all the assumptions for episode 09 and onwards too :love:)

I've found this a while ago and I am not sure if this can be shared here. Please let me know if this can't be shared here so I will remove this (I am still new to this forum thingy, still learning, I am sorry)

https://news.sbs.co.kr/news/endPage.do?news_id=N1005602516

[SBS Star] Yang Kyung-won Shares How Great of a Person Hyun Bin Is

• Like 10
  • Love 1

I was staring at this photo thinking how perfect the 2 of them look together even from the back, and it suddenly struck me that they look like the piano keys with the contrasting dark grey and white tops. Maybe I am just thinking too much, but probably they were made to wear the contrasting colors to represent the piano keys which cannot live without one another. Just like how Junghyuk and Seri cannot live without each other after realizing their love for each other.:heart:

• Like 7
  • Love 7

On 1/15/2020 at 10:08 PM, attriste said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I wonder about that too— I know Goblin’s ending was already filmed in Quebec right at the start since it was also a pre-location produced + live shoot combination, and there were a few endings too...

@justamom I’m missing your analyses too, in a very long empty week. Eodiya? :D

Hello!! Sorry I've been busy working on my own stories, and Seollal (lunar new year) is just around the corner so it's busy busy times! I've been hanging out on the Korean forums tho and OMG there have been so many spoilers, sightings, speculative theories etc

Spoiler

Basically almost everyone from Jeong Hyuk to Goo Seung Joon to Seo Dan to The Rat to Pyo Chil Su to Yeong Ae to the 4 musketeers have been spotted filming in "what looks like Seoul" which has everybody like :huh::huh::huh: but also super curious at the same time: how is the writer going to bring so many North Koreans to South Korea?? What is going on?? A sampling of some of the wild theories:

--special mission to seek and retrieve the traitor Ri Jeong Hyuk

--Korea is miraculously reunified and free flow movement of people!

--cultural exchange with Ri Jeong Hyuk the music ambassador!

And some of these theories are frankly hilarious :lol:

I haven't checked out past posts here but I think there's wide consensus amongst the Korean audience that Ri Jeong Hyuk's father was the one who kidnapped Seri...and this morning's piano photos are probably....his childhood room?? Although if they get separated then reunited in a single episode then well, this show moves fast!

From my perspective as a screenwriter, I am in two minds about episodes 7 and 8. While I was utterly taken by Hyun Bin and Son Yejin's acting, I'm fully aware that it's their *acting* that moved me, not the story. And if I try and trace the development of their relationship, yes I'm convinced they like each other a lot. But to the extent where Jeong Hyuk says "if she dies my life would be a living hell"? I understand what the show is trying to do, and someone from DC Inside posted a fantastic essay about how Yoon Seri is for him, the way back to his past life, his blissful 'life of few losses' before his brother died. But I feel the jump in their emotional development was too abrupt and imho, it's because the shootout scene was too dramatic and manufactured.

As was the gunshot at the ending of episode 8....I mean, everyone knows she's not going to die....

That's all from me now. Got to get back to work! Looking forward to more drama tomorrow...

• Like 7
  • LOL 1

@justamom 

Spoiler

Maybe they are invited to perform in SK by Seri. My wild guess would be SR is celebrating her tenure as chairman and inviting them to perform. Hahaha nothing is impossible in this drama.

I remember some SK singers perform in NK recently, so it could be one of limited options. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

TVN really knows how to tease us viewers with all the pictures before the episodes! Love the new stills of piano. It‘s really fun watching a drama while joining very lively forum in soompi. Enjoy lots of speculation here. It‘s been years that I do watch a trending topic drama. Lately, the drama thread that I joined moves slowly. But this CLOY is lightning speed! 

• Like 9
  • Love 1