[Drama 2019] Her Private Life 그녀의 사생활

larus

@Ameera Ali I think I´m a sinner disguised as a casual fangirl :lol:. You know that my wish has always been becoming a towel :w00t::lol:

The beginning of ep 8 was one of my favorite scene. The way he asked her if she wanted him got me like: 

tenor.gif?itemid=5086133

crto.

• Like 3
  • LOL 12

36 minutes ago, Sarang21 said:

@Ameera Ali I think I´m a sinner disguised as a casual fangirl :lol:. You know that my wish has always been becoming a towel :w00t::lol:

The beginning of ep 8 was one of my favorite scene. The way he asked her if she wanted him got me like: 

I see less & less towel so I ungraded my wish to a straw :tounge_xd::joy:  -  I am good friend I leave towel for you , give me top star doll back :mrgreen:

OMG When he look at her With these hot eyes 

15570075061557007501.gif

I literally milted 

0E806956-E536-4623-BD3D-B182008DA74A.gif

• Like 9
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5

2 hours ago, jadore1 said:

Hopefully she will use SA is My Life forum to trigger or give Lion a lead so maybe force his to do a bit of hunting  :tounge_wink:

What if Deokmi deletes SA's picture with Ryan in it from her fansite and he goes crazy? lol

• Like 3
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Ameera Ali said:

I see less & less towel so I ungraded my wish to a straw :tounge_xd::joy:  -  I am good friend I leave towel for you , give me top star doll back :mrgreen:

OMG When he look at her With these hot eyes 

I literally milted 

LOL I guess I need to upgrade too. Maybe a bathrobe then:lol:. You are never getting the doll back it´s now mine forever :tounge_xd:

His gaze can be really intense...therefore  sometimes I get shy and have to look away :joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

26 minutes ago, Sarang21 said:

LOL I guess I need to upgrade too. Maybe a bathrobe then:lol:. You are never getting the doll back it´s now mine forever :tounge_xd:

His gaze can be really intense...therefore  sometimes I get shy and have to look away :joy:

He was wearing silk black one :joy:  - it was divine on him :relieved: I can’t look away , my eyes always on him  , he has such a distinctive way of moving his body that makes him easy to-be spot by me  ,  :joy: or is it just my eyes are always drawn to him :mrgreen:

* I need to make why he is best boyfriend she gonna find :kiss_wink: 

• Like 9

18 hours ago, inna75 said:

Because in the last episode, I was a bit bothered when DI asked DM whether she has seen RG work on any new art and then commented about him quitting and so forth. And DM could not answer nor comment about that. And then I realized all DM knows about him is he has some inferiority issue related to holding hands and he lied about Lee Sol's painting. Other than that,  RG was a rather closed book to her, which make her position with DI to be at par or probably below. 

@inna75 I soo.....disagree, it is only my opinion but from how I see it, Ryan and DM are kindred souls as if they had known each other from another/former life and are here because there is something for them to finish, I have not seen a couple in K Drama that are so connected more than these two (well until writer nim threw the old antagonistic 2nd lead trope). But back to DM and Ryan, they get each other, they really, really do. DI has nothing on DM when it comes to knowing Ryan. DM knows more about and of Ryan than DI will ever know. The only claim DI has that she is closer to Ryan, is she had known and been friends with Ryan longer but the fact that she asked DM if she knew the reason for Ryan quitting painting is because she, DI, does not know and knows nothing about the very personal Ryan because she is all about herself and her needs. "Ryan help me, console me, I am getting so much bad review about my work, Ryan I want you why can't you feel the same way about me, me, me, me". Yeah she knows jack about Ryan, nothing about the Lee Sol paintings that meant so much to Ryan nor does she realize the significance of Si An's friendship to Ryan or the passion by which Ryan is pursuing his project which is the exhibit . Ryan's answer "I am just going to be someone who can critique you and give you suggestions about your work and nothing else". 

My apologies if I am repeating myself here, but when on their first fake date at the park, he looks longingly at the children and made comments about them playing at the park, already DM picks up Ryan's mood and invites him to go for the rides and at first he looked like he was being forced but ended up having a good time, she is not afraid to tell him about herself, something that she has not said to anyone as far as the drama showed, and got him to confess about his aversion to holding hands because he does not like the letting go and when they went to see the writer without speaking so many words, they read each other's mind. She admired the photographer's portrait and Ryan thought and asked if she liked to take pictures. Ryan did not say anything about the photographer's portrait but somehow DM knew he asked the question because of it and thus followed the "anyeong" conversation. She offended Ryan when she went into his secret room and Ryan was incensed and said hurtful things in his anger but then realized he did not want to lose their closeness and went all over looking for her to apologize. He did not seem to mind that she saw what she saw in that room. In fact he started to ask about her feelings about not being able to paint. When he took her home, he apologized again for what happened that day while she apologized for her parent's behavior but he said he did not mind as he ate so much good food. The 2nd time he asked the same question if DM felt sad because of not being able to paint, was when he was at her house blindfolded which made DM think about what she saw in the secret room, the failed start of a painting and she knew he was talking about himself. The voice over of her thoughts, "I am really good, I like you, be confident, I will take care of you" shows how much she really knows Ryan and the pain in his heart. Ryan shows confidence and fearlessness to the world but only DM knows the pain he carries in his heart and Ryan had gone to her unafraid of showing his vulnerability.  That is why it is so unbelievable that DM will react the way she did knowing Ryan in her heart

There is knowing and there is knowing... in other words knowing about somebody is different from truly knowing somebody. EG knows a lot about DM because they grew up together and so does DI knowing about Ryan because of their long acquaintance. Those 2 know about DM and Ryan which is very different from Ryan and DM knowing and getting/understanding the other or each other.

• Like 13
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1

I think I saw someone say they did not know KJW v well on this thread.. Found this mix clip from a variety show he did with Jo Jeun Suk a year or two back? Jeun Suk says even though he looks very "artist" (probably negative connotation) but he was actually very easy going IRL.

He's also super dedicated to his roles, working unpaid at a transgender bar for his role as Hedwig.

But what interested me the most is that he used to be in track - running almost at national level. The most endearing part is that (like Ryan Gold) he isn't afraid to tell others of his failures... when he got to national level (representing his Gangnam district), he candidly shared that he was shocked that he came only third as he was used to not "see anyone in front of him", and that's when he thought maybe track isn't for him.

I think it takes a man with self-confidence, and not too much ego, to admit that he isn't as good as he thought he was...

SIGH the lines are being blurred now between Lion and KJW and again I am thinking if this should be in the shipper thread.

:blush:

Enjpy: 

• Like 14
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 3

Am loving the interactions and opinions/insights being shared on this thread. :) 

I thought it a real shame as some of you did too that Ryan actually had a “date” in mind with her already, only to be so gentlemanly as to not tell her what it was about when she asked. I actually exclaimed “alamak!” when that happened. Hahaha... But you know, sometimes missed opportunities must happen for you to feel that loss. It then depends on what the response to that loss is. Because it’s essentially a drama about Ryan and Deokmi, we know they will come together in the end. It’s just a matter of how it happens. Ryan seems to be someone who respects personal space a lot because he too likes to keep that sort of social distance and keep “unnecessary” conversations to a minimum. A classic trait of introversion where too much conversation just means too much fussing, and fussing is tiresome (I’m the same). It’s not that you can’t deal with people or that you’re shy. Hardly. It’s just the tiresomeness of humans. :lol: So since Deokmi has essentially rejected him already, he’s unlikely to make a second move. Besides, he’s a foreigner and it matters none to him if he doesn’t really sink roots in Korea beyond this employment contract. However, he also can not tolerate what he deems to be injustice. And from the preview, he’s indignant that the word on the street is that he was dumped. What a blow to his ego. Hahahah... Now, he’s got to set that record straight, and I can’t wait to see how he’s gonna do that. 

A lot have been weighing in on the juvenility of Eungi. Poor chap. I feel sorry for him in that he’s just been living in the assumption and familiarity of being with Deokmi that it never occured to him that she would be desirable to someone else. He’s also lived in the delusion that her hobby is something no other man can ever accept and therefore she would eventually have to come to him, even if coming to him meant “status quo”. I mean, they are already in their 30s! How long has he been simply not acting on his feelings?! It’s like the lightbulb in his head never went off. What I dislike most about his approach (unlike Dain’s) is that he belittles her. He is in effect insecure and therefore asks, “will I always be second to your idol?” This is where Ryan and Seonjoo’s husband are different. They realise the nature of these older women’s fangirling is ultimately very banal and no more than a distraction from the strains and stresses of daily life. The affections aren’t “real” as such. And that is why Ryan finds amusement in watching Deokmi participate in it. (Although in Seonjoo’s case... I’m not so sure if her fangirling tendencies could become a problem since the latest “idol” is well within her reach and her husband isn’t being sufficiently attentive.) Wake up, Eungi. It won’t just be Deokmi that wouldn’t be able to take your belittling and insecure nature. 

Now, that BTS. Whoo! Did it get hot in that room or what?! Was that tongue he slipped in there? They looked like they were interrupted at a very intimate moment when the director said “cut”! But that aside, I found it interesting that in her imagination, he asked, “Do you want me?” How much of him did she want exactly? Ahem. ;) It does show what she thinks of him though. She expects a certain level of consideration from him, because he’s foreign? You don’t expect your Korean men to be as considerate? Well, judging from how Eungi is being portrayed, perhaps not. 

• Like 9
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 6

Hello everyone :lol: I cant help but made myself an account today and officially be a fangirl for it :wub:This drama managed to catch my attention:blush: even though i am exhausted from my night shift :bawling:  Nice to see everyone is very enthusiastic in giving opinions and update. Going to keep myself awake by binge watching HPL

• Like 14
  • Love 3

5 hours ago, zenya22 said:

@inna75 I soo.....disagree, it is only my opinion but from how I see it, Ryan and DM are kindred souls as if they had known each other from another/former life and are here because there is something for them to finish, I have not seen a couple in K Drama that are so connected more than these two (well until writer nim threw the old antagonistic 2nd lead trope). But back to DM and Ryan, they get each other, they really, really do. DI has nothing on DM when it comes to knowing Ryan. DM knows more about and of Ryan than DI will ever know. The only claim DI has that she is closer to Ryan, is she had known and been friends with Ryan longer but the fact that she asked DM if she knew the reason for Ryan quitting painting is because she, DI, does not know and knows nothing about the very personal Ryan because she is all about herself and her needs. "Ryan help me, console me, I am getting so much bad review about my work, Ryan I want you why can't you feel the same way about me, me, me, me". Yeah she knows jack about Ryan, nothing about the Lee Sol paintings that meant so much to Ryan nor does she realize the significance of Si An's friendship to Ryan or the passion by which Ryan is pursuing his project which is the exhibit . Ryan's answer "I am just going to be someone who can critique you and give you suggestions about your work and nothing else". 

My apologies if I am repeating myself here, but when on their first fake date at the park, he looks longingly at the children and made comments about them playing at the park, already DM picks up Ryan's mood and invites him to go for the rides and at first he looked like he was being forced but ended up having a good time, she is not afraid to tell him about herself, something that she has not said to anyone as far as the drama showed, and got him to confess about his aversion to holding hands because he does not like the letting go and when they went to see the writer without speaking so many words, they read each other's mind. She admired the photographer's portrait and Ryan thought and asked if she liked to take pictures. Ryan did not say anything about the photographer's portrait but somehow DM knew he asked the question because of it and thus followed the "anyeong" conversation. She offended Ryan when she went into his secret room and Ryan was incensed and said hurtful things in his anger but then realized he did not want to lose their closeness and went all over looking for her to apologize. He did not seem to mind that she saw what she saw in that room. In fact he started to ask about her feelings about not being able to paint. When he took her home, he apologized again for what happened that day while she apologized for her parent's behavior but he said he did not mind as he ate so much good food. The 2nd time he asked the same question if DM felt sad because of not being able to paint, was when he was at her house blindfolded which made DM think about what she saw in the secret room, the failed start of a painting and she knew he was talking about himself. The voice over of her thoughts, "I am really good, I like you, be confident, I will take care of you" shows how much he really knows Ryan and the pain in his heart. Ryan shows confidence and fearlessness to the world but only DM knows the pain he carries in his heart and Ryan had gone to her unafraid of showing his vulnerability.  That is why it is so unbelievable that DM will react the way she did knowing Ryan in her heart

There is knowing and there is knowing... in other words knowing about somebody is different from truly knowing somebody. EG knows a lot about DM because they grew up together and so does DI knowing about Ryan because of their long acquaintance. Those 2 know about DM and Ryan which is very different from Ryan and DM knowing and getting/understanding the other or each other.

Chinggu..thank you for your insights. It's ok to disagree with me. After all, this thread is supposed to discuss what each of us is thinking individually. So I am ok to disagree about anything and I welcome any insights which are different from me. In fact, I've read some of your insights within this thread before and I am actually amazed by your thoughts since you manage to capture certain emotions which, at least to me, not so clearly display but for some reason, there are people like you who can see right through it. It is refreshing actually and also give me some sort of peace in mind since the roller coaster of the emotions in this drama really made me nervous. As I mentioned before, this drama gets to me and somehow I have invested my emotion too deep for the OTP that all I want to see is only beautiful things surrounding them. Thank you very much chinggu for assuring me that probably I have been wrong about them..I look forward from more insights from you chinggu...:D:wub:

• Like 12
  • Love 1

i still remember about my posting in this thread bout KJW is an ambidextrous.. and i just found out one more interesting info about him...

Spoiler

yes we all know he is a very talented. He can act, he can sing, he do taekwondo, sports and playing musical instruments such as piano, guitar and drum. He can speak Korean, Japanese and English. What i had found about him is that he also a fanboy of Kurt Cobain. i guess more as a die hard fans. His band music genre influenced by Nirvana and the most interesting fact that i can see from my observation from videos that i watch is that he try to become like Kurt Cobain. Kurt is an ambidextrous. He never admitted about it but he writes with right hand and he plays guitar with left hand but he also can play guitar with right hand. This is exactly what KJW is. He wanted to become like his idol. :D Normally when KJW performed with his band, he plays guitar using left hand and sometimes we can see his videos that he play they guitar with right hand. Ok.. Done my investigation on KJW for this week. Now i want to love him more as a very talented celebrity that i ever seen in Korean entertainment. 

Eagerly waiting for Ep 9 ..and since Friday, I had watched Ep 4 to Ep 8 countless times already.. I guess i need to kill the time and will try to watch other dramas too. Waiting Wednesday is so hard for me since i watched HPL.. this drama is really an addiction to me and somehow i had just become KJW new fans even though previously i did watch him as the second lead in his previous dramas which i didn't care much about him. LOL..mianhae JaeUck!! 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 4

Decided to make a #fangirlpilgrimage so went to CocoMoco (SJ’s cafe in the drama)! I am seated next to a couple of girls who are also fangirling (but in Korean) :lol:...

It is a live set so the menu are all fake lol but there’s something interesting about being here when the drama is ongoing and I thought I’d share with you all here too!

I wish I could speak enough Korean to interact with these girls though!  Words I am catching are Ro-Co, Deuk Mi, Sa-Ja....and of course...Kim Jae Wook Oppa:joy:

Here’s to making this one of the most beloved dramas... just wish I could have come here when they were actually filming....

p.jpeg?size_mode=5 

• Like 15
  • Love 6
  • Thanks 1

@fangirldeokjil94  Wish I could join you on your fangirl pilgrimage! Hope you are enjoying your visits to the filming locations (and I'm sure everyone will welcome more photos :)).

For those who are interested to visit Cheum Museum of Art, this a a useful resource: https://koreandramaland.com/listings/soma-museum-of-art/

Photo credits all go to the above website. In reality, it is the Seoul Olympic Museum of Art (SOMA)

her-private-life-2019-filming-location-e

her-private-life-2019-filming-location-e

• Like 11
  • Love 1

@fangirldeokjil94 Ohhh, so it's not a cafe at all? I am disappoint. :lol: What is it then?

I found a compilation of all the times Ryan apologized to Deok Mi so far (five?) by k-odyssey on Tumblr: https://k-odyssey.tumblr.com/post/184649459384/did-you-want-to-watch-an-edit-of-every-time-ryan We love a man who knows how to apologize readily! :D

• Like 12
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, gilaswan said:

Was that tongue he slipped in there?

Apologies on behalf of my perverted self ...YES ,there was a tongue in there and I think it is DM/minyoung tongue....its suddenly hot in here....

Will leave it to those with microscopic eyes to decipher it clearly:lol:

• Like 10
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

Can't stop myself from rewatching the drama. And i laugh so hard in ep 6 where SA went visiting Cheum. I just realised that DM didnt have makeup when talking with RG but when SA came, she put on lipstick and earrings. LOL. I missed the details when i watched it the first time. 

• Like 8
  • Love 1