Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2019] Her Private Life 그녀의 사생활

9 minutes ago, DioDezir said:

@Sky8lue  Oh I totally forgot to swipe to the next pic -- didn't realise it's part of the filming :sweatingbullets:  But hey, we can analyse all we want, right ? That's part of the fun - to see if our theory is correct! :D

Btw, this thread is moving fast but I'm enjoying myself reading all those insightful comments and views! 

..but maybe....maybe pmy indeed had seen him before? As you may know, KJW starred in musical Hedwig season 2 in 2016 with Jo Jung Suk. PMY once came to hedwig musical to support JJS as labelmates (they were labelmates in culture depot) and a fan. She even posted a selfie with JJS in her Instagram. So.. Maybe she even saw KJW? 

• Like 6
  • Love 2

55 minutes ago, taedysol said:

Hello, someone on IG actually mentioned that the part was incorrectly translated. PMY actually said that it's been awhile since she filmed a drama with an actor older than her and because of that, she is more willing and more comfortable with him (KJW). :)

Thank you.

19 minutes ago, cremep said:

..but maybe....maybe pmy indeed had seen him before? As you may know, KJW starred in musical Hedwig season 2 in 2016 with Jo Jung Suk. PMY once came to hedwig musical to support JJS as labelmates (they were labelmates in culture depot) and a fan. She even posted a selfie with JJS in her Instagram. So.. Maybe she even saw KJW? 

I was thinking along the same thing.  PMY is close to JJS she sends coffee trucks to JJS whenever he has a new drama.

• Like 6
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, Sarang21 said:

@Ameera Ali Because of you I spent an unhealthy amount of time looking at that GIF. I even used a magnifying glass (I´m being serious).... and my verdict is:

Reveal hidden contents

There was no tongue involved (unfortuantely) :tongue:. It was Lion´s  thick lips that looked like a tongue :lol:

Rather than tongue topic, i'm more curious if KJW had adlib the stroke hair, kiss cheek b4 kiss. Just like a lion - such a tease b4 going for the kill. My weak heart skipped a beat... 

• Like 9
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, fangirldeokjil94 said:

:mrgreen: #confession. @Sky8lue I actually went last week.....:vicx:. following Duk Mi's steps to the next level just so I can feel the vibe (like how they went to Shi An's suite at the hotel *shy*). I justified it as me wanting to see some Korean Contemporary Art.....(as if lol) Pics below, including that famed "tunnel" (?) area where they had their tension filled first embrace lololol. I was standing where SJ stood. Whole thing felt surreal, and slightly silly as the area is not really an area where other people would go :lol:

Icing on the cake was that I stumbled across one of the Cheum Art Gallery signs (PD team must have forgotten to remove it from the actual SOMA signs - they just stick hard boards onto pre-existing signs LOL #productiontip101). Got very stupidly excited and squee-ed... people around me were kinda looking at me weirdly so I had to CONTROL MY SELF.... anyway, since y'all asked, so it shall be given LOL.

Am I #ShiAnIsMyLife level yet...??:tounge_wink:

PS @Ondine it is an actual cafe, but somehow their servings are pretty basic limited to coffee and some "ades" (e.g. grapefruit etc)...and for some reason.. pizza? LOL... the menu is a fake menu with macarons and stuff... I asked for a macaron and the lady was like.. nope that's just up there for the drama :lol:

This is so cool!!! :)

Edited by triplem
Pls don’t quote images . Best to write comments outside of quote. Thanks
  • Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

Looks like she's wearing the same suit as the "tour bus" pic:

• Like 5
  • Love 6

After what happened in episode 8 now Maybe song is really relatable. DM I feel you, omg so hurt :bawling:

P/s: I don't know how but Maybe is the first ever Korean song I remember the exact meaning of every lines.

Damn what happens to me I used be so anticipated about Game of Thrones every weekend but here I am, repeating HPL ost :expressionless:

• Like 9
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

Well I finally got a chance to sit down and watch eps 7 & 8 with subs. Now I see I'm about 20 pages behind on this thread so probably anything I say will have been said before :lol: So I'll just ask, anyone know what kind of flowers Ryan bought for the confession? They were pretty little puffy balls, just curious! Oh yeah and EG and DI really are playing nasty. I *think* DI will come around and speak the truth of her lies. As for EG, I want to say he's a good character because of how he treats mom and SJ's kid and all that, but dang he was really mean to DM in ep 8. He better check himself cuz he's on a path to wreck himself. You know what I'm saying? :P Also, I think Sindy is going to turn out to be a good character. She's already changing. Andddd I still sense trouble for SJ and her husband who show such little affection. So far they've played it off as light comedy that he's going behind her back and doing the crazy fan girl program, and she's fan girling over her employee, but...I think it could take a more heavy/serious turn at some point. We'll see! 

• Like 14
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, xerrc said:

Damn what happens to me I used be so anticipated about Game of Thrones every weekend but here I am,

Yasss same with me even at GOT ep 3 i tried not to expecting anything bcs you know what GOT will do to you if you hope someone die/life. 

And then HPL happen, it's cute and smooth that make you think like any other rom-com. Follow doekmi imagination and hope. and how ryan even make reservations for restaurant before he really admit his felling, we never know what he really want to do if that scene happen. Until the director cut it just like that. I'm furiooosss :crazy:

• Like 6
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, cremep said:

KJW starred in 2011 Hedwig. JJS starred in both 2011 and 2016. 

• Like 7
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, jaydendoji said:

KJW starred in 2011 Hedwig. JJS starred in both 2011 and 2016. 

One of the fun fact I found is that Park Min Young had one movie together with Kim Dong Wook (Kim Jae Wook’s best friend since Coffee Prince). Horror film named The Cat... 

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, xerrc said:

After what happened in episode 8 now Maybe song is really relatable. DM I feel you, omg so hurt :bawling:

P/s: I don't know how but Maybe is the first ever Korean song I remember the exact meaning of every lines.

Damn what happens to me I used be so anticipated about Game of Thrones every weekend but here I am, repeating HPL ost :expressionless:

OMG I know what you mean. I am a huge GOT fan as well.. been following since forever and it is the last season right so we should really be super excited every episode. But somehow, it has become “thank god I have GOT to be filler in between the 7 days wait for the next episode of HPL” :sweatingbullets:

• Like 5
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Norimah Sadan said:

Rather than tongue topic, i'm more curious if KJW had adlib the stroke hair, kiss cheek b4 kiss. Just like a lion - such a tease b4 going for the kill. My weak heart skipped a beat... 

He’s really a lion. WOW :w00t:

• Like 8
  • Love 2

Annyeong! Passing by to say that this drama makes me feel less alone about being a fan girl. I see myself when Deok Mi gushes over Shi An. I just wish I had a friend in RL who fan girls over the same bias as I have, like how DM has Seon Joo. ^^

About the recent episode, the assertive part of me liked how DM made the first move of kissing RG (loved the scene more when RG's lips responded!); but at the same time, the conservative part of me was pleased that it was all imagination. As I've said in one article comment, this drama kind of breaks away from common tropes and cliches (speaking of how RG didn't catch DM as she fell from the ladder in Cheum Gallery; if he did, I would've rolled my eyes XD) and now this tough manly man called Ryan Gold didn't even try to deny that he was jealous when he first realized it. Maybe it was because he was artist... IDK. Also, Choi Da In's statement was actually technically accurate: "Ryan wants to end the fake relationship..." but she also knew the TRUTH behind those words ("...because he wants to make it real now"). The way she said those words to Deok Mi was a pretty dirty trick to play on her (much dirtier than Eun Gi's approach, IMO)... I actually wanted to throw at her all those furniture they arranged in her studio; after DM helped her with the lifting and arranging, she does that to her?! Sheesh.

Anyway, I appreciate how sweetly Ryan said "Sung Seok Mi-ssi" and the way he looked at her as she towards him... But then every sweet thing until those "break-up" words of DM, became bitter. Ugh. -_- If this painful scene is meant to build up a deeper realization of their love for each other, I'd endure. Haha. Just two more nights until the next episode!~ ^^

• Like 11
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2

A scene of DM and EG bickered during family dinner and they challenged each other to have a partner of life just like them, i was thinking what if sindy meant for EG :lol: cuz i felt sindy is slowly turning into a good book plus sindy also a fangirl. LOL

• Like 7

I can’t stop myself to comment in this thread. Really love this drama! The director for this drama is the same with Live Up Your Name (Kim Nam Gill and Kim Ah Yong) and I hope they will give beautiful ending! 

• Like 8
  • Insightful 1

12 hours ago, Sky8lue said:

What I like most about reading everyone's different perspectives is that it forces us to question our own biases and assumptions about a character's behaviour. I thought again about whether I would be guilty of tolerating DM's behaviour if she behaved in a childishly petty and unprofessional manner in the office because she is reeling from the "break-up". I'll reserve my comments until after Episode 9 when we get to see the full context of her interactions with RG.

That said, I feel like I can totally understand why she's upset with RG even though theirs was a fake relationship. If you think about it, RG did go out of the way to help and protect her (even if we disregard all the instances in which he secretly protected her e.g. running after Cindy to prevent Cindy from exposing DM's identity as Sinigil fanclub's administrator, self-learning crash course to become a VIP member of Sinigil fanclub etc).  What DM witnessed and experienced: he offered to act as her boyfriend; he acceded to the demanding request to stage those intimate moment photos to create "evidence"; they genuinely enjoyed their "fake date" at the amusement park even after her friend stopped taking photos; he did the "thumb kiss" on the pretext of fooling Cindy (wouldn't hugging her achieve the same effect; RG did go for the extreme, though I'm not complaining LOL); he was friendly and respectful towards her parents, enough to win them over completely at the first meeting; he invaded her personal space when he was drunk; he ended up moving over to sleep right next to her at the artist's house. All these memorable and sometimes heart-fluttering moments added together made her think that he must harbour (some) feelings for her.

And she wasn't being delusional about it because the signs were there while not conclusive, though she did get carried away imagining that he was going to confess to her and ended up hurt when he didn't (yet). My take is that because of her own insecurities and uncertainties about whether he reciprocates her feelings (and this vulnerable state makes her believe too easily in Choi Da In's lies about Ryan's intentions), she chose to make a bad judgement call to pre-emptively end their fake relationship before RG could say anything further. I hope DM and RG resolve their misunderstanding by the end of Episode 9 and work on mending their relationship so that they can truly become a real couple.

The drama also needs time to resolve the other plot lines in the final 8 episodes: Lee Sol's paintings and the possible sibling relationship between Cha Si An and RG; who is RG's mother and what happened during his childhood; Seon Joo's husband and what he's planning to do with the stolen documents from Seon Joo's laptop; whether and how DM will deal with the fallout if her identity as Sinigil is exposed to the public.

I wish that it will be a mutual kiss when it finally really happens after they mutually affirm their feelings for each other. I wonder if the scriptwriter will make RG ask for consent in reality (would that be too unreal?).

Couldn't agree more of that you have written.    I didn't find it absurd when she hope/assumed RG was going to confess to her (instead he was just telling her about the CUpatch)  or her out on a date (end up its a meeting with SA).  Totally understand why she felt and ated the way she did that lead to the break up. 

BUT, at the moment,  the reason DM 'fell ' in love with RG is not different from ours, quite superficial.  Do note, we know more about RG (and what he did to help her) than she does. 

It's a different level how RG fell in love with DM, we witnessed the "annyeong" scene, DM offering her hands to be held.

Just wished we can see DM falling in love with RG for the right reason. 

• Like 7
  • Love 4