Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2019] Her Private Life 그녀의 사생활

Hello everyone :lol: I cant help but made myself an account today and officially be a fangirl for it :wub:This drama managed to catch my attention:blush: even though i am exhausted from my night shift :bawling:  Nice to see everyone is very enthusiastic in giving opinions and update. Going to keep myself awake by binge watching HPL

• Like 15
  • Love 4

5 hours ago, zenya22 said:

@inna75 I soo.....disagree, it is only my opinion but from how I see it, Ryan and DM are kindred souls as if they had known each other from another/former life and are here because there is something for them to finish, I have not seen a couple in K Drama that are so connected more than these two (well until writer nim threw the old antagonistic 2nd lead trope). But back to DM and Ryan, they get each other, they really, really do. DI has nothing on DM when it comes to knowing Ryan. DM knows more about and of Ryan than DI will ever know. The only claim DI has that she is closer to Ryan, is she had known and been friends with Ryan longer but the fact that she asked DM if she knew the reason for Ryan quitting painting is because she, DI, does not know and knows nothing about the very personal Ryan because she is all about herself and her needs. "Ryan help me, console me, I am getting so much bad review about my work, Ryan I want you why can't you feel the same way about me, me, me, me". Yeah she knows jack about Ryan, nothing about the Lee Sol paintings that meant so much to Ryan nor does she realize the significance of Si An's friendship to Ryan or the passion by which Ryan is pursuing his project which is the exhibit . Ryan's answer "I am just going to be someone who can critique you and give you suggestions about your work and nothing else". 

My apologies if I am repeating myself here, but when on their first fake date at the park, he looks longingly at the children and made comments about them playing at the park, already DM picks up Ryan's mood and invites him to go for the rides and at first he looked like he was being forced but ended up having a good time, she is not afraid to tell him about herself, something that she has not said to anyone as far as the drama showed, and got him to confess about his aversion to holding hands because he does not like the letting go and when they went to see the writer without speaking so many words, they read each other's mind. She admired the photographer's portrait and Ryan thought and asked if she liked to take pictures. Ryan did not say anything about the photographer's portrait but somehow DM knew he asked the question because of it and thus followed the "anyeong" conversation. She offended Ryan when she went into his secret room and Ryan was incensed and said hurtful things in his anger but then realized he did not want to lose their closeness and went all over looking for her to apologize. He did not seem to mind that she saw what she saw in that room. In fact he started to ask about her feelings about not being able to paint. When he took her home, he apologized again for what happened that day while she apologized for her parent's behavior but he said he did not mind as he ate so much good food. The 2nd time he asked the same question if DM felt sad because of not being able to paint, was when he was at her house blindfolded which made DM think about what she saw in the secret room, the failed start of a painting and she knew he was talking about himself. The voice over of her thoughts, "I am really good, I like you, be confident, I will take care of you" shows how much he really knows Ryan and the pain in his heart. Ryan shows confidence and fearlessness to the world but only DM knows the pain he carries in his heart and Ryan had gone to her unafraid of showing his vulnerability.  That is why it is so unbelievable that DM will react the way she did knowing Ryan in her heart

There is knowing and there is knowing... in other words knowing about somebody is different from truly knowing somebody. EG knows a lot about DM because they grew up together and so does DI knowing about Ryan because of their long acquaintance. Those 2 know about DM and Ryan which is very different from Ryan and DM knowing and getting/understanding the other or each other.

Chinggu..thank you for your insights. It's ok to disagree with me. After all, this thread is supposed to discuss what each of us is thinking individually. So I am ok to disagree about anything and I welcome any insights which are different from me. In fact, I've read some of your insights within this thread before and I am actually amazed by your thoughts since you manage to capture certain emotions which, at least to me, not so clearly display but for some reason, there are people like you who can see right through it. It is refreshing actually and also give me some sort of peace in mind since the roller coaster of the emotions in this drama really made me nervous. As I mentioned before, this drama gets to me and somehow I have invested my emotion too deep for the OTP that all I want to see is only beautiful things surrounding them. Thank you very much chinggu for assuring me that probably I have been wrong about them..I look forward from more insights from you chinggu...:D:wub:

• Like 13
  • Love 2

i still remember about my posting in this thread bout KJW is an ambidextrous.. and i just found out one more interesting info about him...

Spoiler

yes we all know he is a very talented. He can act, he can sing, he do taekwondo, sports and playing musical instruments such as piano, guitar and drum. He can speak Korean, Japanese and English. What i had found about him is that he also a fanboy of Kurt Cobain. i guess more as a die hard fans. His band music genre influenced by Nirvana and the most interesting fact that i can see from my observation from videos that i watch is that he try to become like Kurt Cobain. Kurt is an ambidextrous. He never admitted about it but he writes with right hand and he plays guitar with left hand but he also can play guitar with right hand. This is exactly what KJW is. He wanted to become like his idol. :D Normally when KJW performed with his band, he plays guitar using left hand and sometimes we can see his videos that he play they guitar with right hand. Ok.. Done my investigation on KJW for this week. Now i want to love him more as a very talented celebrity that i ever seen in Korean entertainment. 

Eagerly waiting for Ep 9 ..and since Friday, I had watched Ep 4 to Ep 8 countless times already.. I guess i need to kill the time and will try to watch other dramas too. Waiting Wednesday is so hard for me since i watched HPL.. this drama is really an addiction to me and somehow i had just become KJW new fans even though previously i did watch him as the second lead in his previous dramas which i didn't care much about him. LOL..mianhae JaeUck!! 

• Like 13
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 4

Decided to make a #fangirlpilgrimage so went to CocoMoco (SJ’s cafe in the drama)! I am seated next to a couple of girls who are also fangirling (but in Korean) :lol:...

It is a live set so the menu are all fake lol but there’s something interesting about being here when the drama is ongoing and I thought I’d share with you all here too!

I wish I could speak enough Korean to interact with these girls though!  Words I am catching are Ro-Co, Deuk Mi, Sa-Ja....and of course...Kim Jae Wook Oppa:joy:

Here’s to making this one of the most beloved dramas... just wish I could have come here when they were actually filming....

p.jpeg?size_mode=5 

• Like 15
  • Love 7
  • Thanks 1

@fangirldeokjil94  Wish I could join you on your fangirl pilgrimage! Hope you are enjoying your visits to the filming locations (and I'm sure everyone will welcome more photos :)).

For those who are interested to visit Cheum Museum of Art, this a a useful resource: https://koreandramaland.com/listings/soma-museum-of-art/

Photo credits all go to the above website. In reality, it is the Seoul Olympic Museum of Art (SOMA)

her-private-life-2019-filming-location-e

her-private-life-2019-filming-location-e

• Like 11
  • Love 2

@fangirldeokjil94 Ohhh, so it's not a cafe at all? I am disappoint. :lol: What is it then?

I found a compilation of all the times Ryan apologized to Deok Mi so far (five?) by k-odyssey on Tumblr: https://k-odyssey.tumblr.com/post/184649459384/did-you-want-to-watch-an-edit-of-every-time-ryan We love a man who knows how to apologize readily! :D

• Like 12
  • Love 2

5 hours ago, gilaswan said:

Was that tongue he slipped in there?

Apologies on behalf of my perverted self ...YES ,there was a tongue in there and I think it is DM/minyoung tongue....its suddenly hot in here....

Will leave it to those with microscopic eyes to decipher it clearly:lol:

• Like 10
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2

Can't stop myself from rewatching the drama. And i laugh so hard in ep 6 where SA went visiting Cheum. I just realised that DM didnt have makeup when talking with RG but when SA came, she put on lipstick and earrings. LOL. I missed the details when i watched it the first time. 

• Like 8
  • Love 2

Actor Kim Jae Wook’s Official ID Photo Resurfaced Online and Now It’s Going Viral

What did you expect?

8gJHLjZCDb0KoYiS9zSjFIonz1MtwmQykje6645U

Yesterday

Kim Jae Wook is currently starring in the tvN drama, Her Private Life, in which he plays a cold character that shows moments of sweetness from time to time.

As a result of his current popularity from the drama, his past official identification photo resurfaced in online communities as if netizens are looking for ways to validate the attention he’s been receiving.

kimjaewook2

Official identification photos are commonly known as something that manages to draw out the worst features of a person’s face.

Despite that belief, Kim Jae Wook managed to look like a complete model in his.

kimjaewook1

In the photo, Kim Jae Wook can be seen looking right into the camera with a relatively straight face while wearing a comfortable black t-shirt.

Although he didn’t wear any makeup, he still managed to flaunt his big eyes and sexy lips.

Spoiler

3h1ILmmSPT3Y-UNMW2N0kWLnHU5XyUnO7y-uxAtz

This photo just goes to show that Kim Jae Wook’s dashing good looks are all natural and he actually doesn’t need any makeup or photoshop whatsoever.

source https://www.koreaboo.com/stories/actor-kim-jae-wook-korean-drama-official-id-photo-online-viral/

• Like 11
  • LOL 4
  • Love 6

I am in love with the song that played during the woodshop scene when Da In observes Deok Mi and Ryan, also playing during EG's shower scene.

It's so beautiful, i hope it's next week's ost :) I'm very curious to know who sings it! What a nice voice~ 

• Like 11
  • Love 1

Eagerly waiting for episode 9.. feels like it's weeks away haha I always tell myself to just wait until all of the episodes come out and just do a marathon binge watch but I can never help myself :joy: 

Ahhh the life of an asian drama fanatic haha this is why this drama is so awesome, because it's so relatable! I remember being a huge kpop fan (Shinhwa is my ultimate kpop love) and I spent all my time obsessing over them! Now I'm 30 with two small kids and work full time but I spend my lunch breaks in these forums most of the time and no one would know my secret obsession just like DM haha my partner just listens to me fangirl or vent about dramas even though he has no idea what I'm talking about lol asian drama fanatic/fangirl life! :sweatingbullets:

Can't wait until the next episode, 3 days to go! :D

• Like 12
  • Love 2

@ganko I love that song too. Think we might need to wait longer for the official release, because it seems there is another song coming out next week.

Ha Sung Woon's "Think of You" (featured as the BGM during the ending scene for Episode 8)

There's a Lion driving on the streets of Seoul today - KJW spotted filming. But he's not driving Ryan Gold's usual black car. Wonder why he's driving a white car this time (straining to guess what's going to happen on Episodes 9-10).

• Like 12
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 2

Ironic how we’re all fangirling over a show about a fangirl who hides her fangirl life and incidentally, falls in love with a man who knows and loves that she’s a fangirl :lol: 

• Like 5
  • LOL 14
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

@blademan haha yes! Fangirls unite! :joy: hopefully everyone can meet a RG too (if you haven't already got a partner who accepts your fangirling ways haha :D), he is so dreamy :wub:

• Like 9
  • Love 1

@DioDezir  Flip to the second photo of the IG post (you can see the film crew filming in the front though the photo is quite blurry). Anyway it might not be anything significant in the plot line. Ryan Gold may have a second car / repainted his car (sorry I'm a noob at identifying car models) / driving someone else's car. Why am I analysing this :D

@blademan  Dunno why the quote function doesn't want to work today. Sung Deok Mi represents the inner fangirl in many of us, and that's why she feels quite relatable. I love that she doesn't let her secret fangirl lifestyle affect her work and personal life (except for the need to hide it from her colleagues and her mom who disapproves). And this is a rom-com after all...imagine meeting someone who supports you fully without judging you or belittling your interests. A++ boyfriend/husband material that is Ryan Gold (I hope he lives up to his good name in the upcoming episodes).

@Ondine Thanks for sharing this link: https://k-odyssey.tumblr.com/. I didn't keep count of the number of apologies Ryan has made to Deok Mi either, but it's so refreshing to see a K-drama lead who knows how to admit his mistakes and who can apologise readily and sincerely. Sigh... where are all the Ryan Golds in the real world?

• Like 9
  • Love 3