[Drama 2019] Her Private Life 그녀의 사생활

larus

Actor Kim Jae Wook’s Official ID Photo Resurfaced Online and Now It’s Going Viral

What did you expect?

8gJHLjZCDb0KoYiS9zSjFIonz1MtwmQykje6645U

Yesterday

Kim Jae Wook is currently starring in the tvN drama, Her Private Life, in which he plays a cold character that shows moments of sweetness from time to time.

As a result of his current popularity from the drama, his past official identification photo resurfaced in online communities as if netizens are looking for ways to validate the attention he’s been receiving.

kimjaewook2

Official identification photos are commonly known as something that manages to draw out the worst features of a person’s face.

Despite that belief, Kim Jae Wook managed to look like a complete model in his.

kimjaewook1

In the photo, Kim Jae Wook can be seen looking right into the camera with a relatively straight face while wearing a comfortable black t-shirt.

Although he didn’t wear any makeup, he still managed to flaunt his big eyes and sexy lips.

Spoiler

3h1ILmmSPT3Y-UNMW2N0kWLnHU5XyUnO7y-uxAtz

This photo just goes to show that Kim Jae Wook’s dashing good looks are all natural and he actually doesn’t need any makeup or photoshop whatsoever.

source https://www.koreaboo.com/stories/actor-kim-jae-wook-korean-drama-official-id-photo-online-viral/

• Like 10
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5

I am in love with the song that played during the woodshop scene when Da In observes Deok Mi and Ryan, also playing during EG's shower scene.

It's so beautiful, i hope it's next week's ost :) I'm very curious to know who sings it! What a nice voice~ 

• Like 10

Eagerly waiting for episode 9.. feels like it's weeks away haha I always tell myself to just wait until all of the episodes come out and just do a marathon binge watch but I can never help myself :joy: 

Ahhh the life of an asian drama fanatic haha this is why this drama is so awesome, because it's so relatable! I remember being a huge kpop fan (Shinhwa is my ultimate kpop love) and I spent all my time obsessing over them! Now I'm 30 with two small kids and work full time but I spend my lunch breaks in these forums most of the time and no one would know my secret obsession just like DM haha my partner just listens to me fangirl or vent about dramas even though he has no idea what I'm talking about lol asian drama fanatic/fangirl life! :sweatingbullets:

Can't wait until the next episode, 3 days to go! :D

• Like 12
  • Love 1

@ganko I love that song too. Think we might need to wait longer for the official release, because it seems there is another song coming out next week.

Ha Sung Woon's "Think of You" (featured as the BGM during the ending scene for Episode 8)

There's a Lion driving on the streets of Seoul today - KJW spotted filming. But he's not driving Ryan Gold's usual black car. Wonder why he's driving a white car this time (straining to guess what's going to happen on Episodes 9-10).

• Like 12
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

@DioDezir  Flip to the second photo of the IG post (you can see the film crew filming in the front though the photo is quite blurry). Anyway it might not be anything significant in the plot line. Ryan Gold may have a second car / repainted his car (sorry I'm a noob at identifying car models) / driving someone else's car. Why am I analysing this :D

@blademan  Dunno why the quote function doesn't want to work today. Sung Deok Mi represents the inner fangirl in many of us, and that's why she feels quite relatable. I love that she doesn't let her secret fangirl lifestyle affect her work and personal life (except for the need to hide it from her colleagues and her mom who disapproves). And this is a rom-com after all...imagine meeting someone who supports you fully without judging you or belittling your interests. A++ boyfriend/husband material that is Ryan Gold (I hope he lives up to his good name in the upcoming episodes).

@Ondine Thanks for sharing this link: https://k-odyssey.tumblr.com/. I didn't keep count of the number of apologies Ryan has made to Deok Mi either, but it's so refreshing to see a K-drama lead who knows how to admit his mistakes and who can apologise readily and sincerely. Sigh... where are all the Ryan Golds in the real world?

• Like 9
  • Love 2

16 hours ago, tinymel said:

I actually think that this is something he should get more credit for. Eun-gi does not respect the fangirl side of her. Yes he accepts it but he doesn't appreciate it. While Ryan, the Lion, actually really enjoys and supports her fangirling... I mean he told her to look pretty because he was surprising her with a meeting with Si-an!!! 

15570620801557062052.gif

I don’t believe Eun Gi accepts her secret life , For me I find he just possessive toward her secret life , He don’t know or understands what he want from future girlfriend , he come cross like 15 years old , that bragging he knows his friend more than anybody else & love  the idea he so close that he scared anyone can push him aside , rather than try to take time to join her do what she like most , because deep down he didn’t accept it , I feel like he think she would grown out of it , when he become her boyfriend. He think he is the magic man that would change her  from fangirl to normal woman he want . 

I don't like-the way he was harsh with his words with her , he supposed to be the friend that love her , whatever she was good or bad , silly or not ,  when he said that words I feel he said because he mean it , he didn’t say it to wake her up . We all knows the way he sit on corner grumbling when  she talking about Shi AN or  start to threatening to reveal her secret identity  to her boss or parent .He is loser she need to cut ties with . 

Hearing his idea of himself ,  make me want to kill him more  :joy:

15569751491556975117.gif

* just annoyed with him 

• Like 8
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

36 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

I don’t believe Eun Gi accepts her secret life , 

Ooo... I think you've convinced me of this! 

I think I have pushed away memories of him threatening to reveal her fangirling--probably because it made me soooooo mad. You don't do that to a friend regardless if you love them or not--I actually don't think he loves her. Rather Eun-gi is going through that 15 year (you are so right!) just kind of realising that your female friend is a woman/girl. It results in possessive and petty behaviour... which considering the fact he is meant to be her 'oppa' is even more aggravating. 

Also, yeah 'there is nothing I don't know about her'... really? Dude. I doubt you know that she sits in front of paintings when she gets down or that she painted left handed because of the break and that she started having fun again because of that. DM and RG are a pair because they have been revealing themselves to each other because they have so much in common. Could go on...

• Like 12
  • Love 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLustKf4E-w

another version of ep 8 kiss scene, yeah, I admit have looked at that scene many times, but this is not the complete version. However, I like the interpretation of DM's thoughts  in this version, just before she kissed Ryan. 

"I feel totally fine, I must stay true to my feelings, I shall choose you, I will give you the honor to kiss me"

This interpretation shows Deok MI as very proactive and even though it was an imaginary kiss, her thoughts were real. Here she is taking responsibility for her feelings. "I am totally fine", she is s reassuring Ryan in her imagination that she is ok with who she is now. Even if the kiss did not happen the DM shows here that she made her choice. So, in the next episodes, I hope DM remembers what she had said, 

1. to honor and be true to her feelings.

2. she has chosen Ryan

3. given Ryan the honor to kiss her

And that she will firmly uphold and assert her choice and not let anyone get in the way of affirming it. I also, wish for her to be the one to delicately initiate the real kiss when it happens like she did in her imagination 

• Like 15
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

The 'break up'.

At first i was angry at why RG didn't go after DM, that must be the WIMPIEST wrist grab in the history of Kdrama land.  But if i put myself in his shoes, DM just declared to end the FAKE relationship and walked away. He went after her because it's supposed to be his turn to talk. But she refused to let him.  The precious RG i love would not impose himself on her, thus let her go.  NO way he will confess anyways.  His own feelings are secondary.  

Based on the ep 9/10 preview,  it seems DM will act childish, hence the bickering in the workplace.  Why do we accept this behavior from her?  Why is it not cute when EG does so?   Because we like DM and we root for her.   I can imagine how confusing and frustrating it is for RG to see this angry and petty DM.    

DM's feeling for RG. 

Sorry, unpopular opinion - at the moment i don''t quite see the difference  between her love to SA compared to her supposed love RG.  As @inna75 mentioned in her post (page 67), DM doesn't know much of RG.  If DM editing photo is an act of love,  then @Ameera Ali creating gifs would be what?   I hope, in the next few episodes, it's DM turn to learn more of RG and love him as a person, not just fan girling. 

@zenya22, my take on DM's thoughts. "I feel totally fine (letting go of SA), I must stay true to my feelings (of liking you more than SA), I shall choose you (over SA), I will give you the honor to kiss me."  

At the author's house, when RG asked DM whether she likes to take photo, he was referring to her taking photos of SA.  (He just figured out DM and SA is life are the same person.)But DM misunderstood him, thinking he was asking about the artist's photo.  

In the meantime, i will focus on finding out whose notti tongue it is. 

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 3

1 hour ago, zenya22 said:

So, in the next episodes, I hope DM remembers what she had said, 

2. she has chosen Ryan

And that she will firmly uphold and assert her choice and not let anyone get in the way of affirming it. I also, wish for her to be the one to delicately initiate the real kiss when it happens like she did in her imagination

@zenya22....reading your  comment made what DM said in her imagination sound like a wedding vow to me.....forgive me ,I want them to get married and have cute babies (a cross between lion and rabbit )already:wub:

• Like 8
  • LOL 2

DM's feeling for RG. 

Sorry, unpopular opinion - at the moment i don''t quite see the difference  between her love to SA compared to her supposed love RG. 

15570711491557071144.gif

Personally  I see different in her  , even Eun Gi sees different in her shifted interest to our Lion , for him to ask to not confuse her with fake relationships & to stop wavering her heart , it shows there’s clearly a change in his friend . He is a lot of things but clearly he is not that dumb .  :joy:  

Maybe we not see a lot of different between her love to SA & Lion because she innocent, she didn't have real experience - the girl need to start somewhere, Lions her best choice :mrgreen:

that was my taking when her friend was mocking her about her silly comment about coffee & couple :joy: that she never dated before :phew: 

15570730281557073001.gif

* About she didn’t know a lot about him , I love how the writer highlights that she notices little things about him , like him struggling to paint , make her share about her past story with him to comfort him without coming out like a nosy person . 

in the next episodes, I hope DM remembers what she had said, 

2. she has chosen Ryan

15570708701557070862.gif

@zenya22 for me my faith is on lion , just because what he said to annoying Eun Gi  :mrgreen: Love that he think it’s their business alone to work out their differences & true feeling , also clearly  that DM wouldn’t have the confident now that  her little bird friend sing on ear that he may not like her  

Spoiler

15570766061557076536.gif

15570768991557076839.gif

15570780331557077962.gif

& horrible girl planted fake seed about his feeling toward their fake relationship in her head will do magic  :tounge_xd: 

• Like 8
  • Love 2

53 minutes ago, s00ki said:

The 'break up'.

At first i was angry at why RG didn't go after DM, that must be the WIMPIEST wrist grab in the history of Kdrama land.  But if i put myself in his shoes, DM just declared to end the FAKE relationship and walked away. He went after her because it's supposed to be his turn to talk. But she refused to let him.  The precious RG i love would not impose himself on her, thus let her go.  NO way he will confess anyways.  His own feelings are secondary.  

Based on the ep 9/10 preview,  it seems DM will act childish, hence the bickering in the workplace.  Why do we accept this behavior from her?  Why is it not cute when EG does so?   Because we like DM and we root for her.   I can imagine how confusing and frustrating it is for RG to see this angry and petty DM.    

What I like most about reading everyone's different perspectives is that it forces us to question our own biases and assumptions about a character's behaviour. I thought again about whether I would be guilty of tolerating DM's behaviour if she behaved in a childishly petty and unprofessional manner in the office because she is reeling from the "break-up". I'll reserve my comments until after Episode 9 when we get to see the full context of her interactions with RG.

That said, I feel like I can totally understand why she's upset with RG even though theirs was a fake relationship. If you think about it, RG did go out of the way to help and protect her (even if we disregard all the instances in which he secretly protected her e.g. running after Cindy to prevent Cindy from exposing DM's identity as Sinigil fanclub's administrator, self-learning crash course to become a VIP member of Sinigil fanclub etc).  What DM witnessed and experienced: he offered to act as her boyfriend; he acceded to the demanding request to stage those intimate moment photos to create "evidence"; they genuinely enjoyed their "fake date" at the amusement park even after her friend stopped taking photos; he did the "thumb kiss" on the pretext of fooling Cindy (wouldn't hugging her achieve the same effect; RG did go for the extreme, though I'm not complaining LOL); he was friendly and respectful towards her parents, enough to win them over completely at the first meeting; he invaded her personal space when he was drunk; he ended up moving over to sleep right next to her at the artist's house. All these memorable and sometimes heart-fluttering moments added together made her think that he must harbour (some) feelings for her.

And she wasn't being delusional about it because the signs were there while not conclusive, though she did get carried away imagining that he was going to confess to her and ended up hurt when he didn't (yet). My take is that because of her own insecurities and uncertainties about whether he reciprocates her feelings (and this vulnerable state makes her believe too easily in Choi Da In's lies about Ryan's intentions), she chose to make a bad judgement call to pre-emptively end their fake relationship before RG could say anything further. I hope DM and RG resolve their misunderstanding by the end of Episode 9 and work on mending their relationship so that they can truly become a real couple.

The drama also needs time to resolve the other plot lines in the final 8 episodes: Lee Sol's paintings and the possible sibling relationship between Cha Si An and RG; who is RG's mother and what happened during his childhood; Seon Joo's husband and what he's planning to do with the stolen documents from Seon Joo's laptop; whether and how DM will deal with the fallout if her identity as Sinigil is exposed to the public.

1 hour ago, zenya22 said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLustKf4E-w

another version of ep 8 kiss scene, yeah, I admit have looked at that scene many times, but this is not the complete version. However, I like the interpretation of DM's thoughts  in this version, just before she kissed Ryan. 

"I feel totally fine, I must stay true to my feelings, I shall choose you, I will give you the honor to kiss me"

This interpretation shows Deok MI as very proactive and even though it was an imaginary kiss, her thoughts were real. Here she is taking responsibility for her feelings. "I am totally fine", she is s reassuring Ryan in her imagination that she is ok with who she is now. Even if the kiss did not happen the DM shows here that she made her choice. So, in the next episodes, I hope DM remembers what she had said, 

2. she has chosen Ryan

I wish that it will be a mutual kiss when it finally really happens after they mutually affirm their feelings for each other. I wonder if the scriptwriter will make RG ask for consent in reality (would that be too unreal?).

• Like 9
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 3

So I'm predicting in a couple of episodes or so Ryan and Deokmi will get their acts together temporarily and become a couple (before they break up for some lame reason so that they can reconcile just in time before the show ends amirite). I'm so looking forward to their (official) couple moments. I'm expecting Pretty Noona levels of lovey-dovey relationship chemistry here (and I mean Pretty Noona's first four episodes, before it turned into an angsty snoozefest). Don't let me down, Jae Wook and Min Young! :D

In the meantime, how lovely does Ryan look here with that lock of hair falling over his forehead? *swoon* :wub:

1O5jaLa.jpg

• Like 8
  • Love 3