[Drama 2018] What is Wrong with Secretary Kim, 김비서가 왜 그럴까

0ly40

19 minutes ago, ck1Oz said:

Forget about those I was more horrified so much meat was wasted for the pizza PPL. When we all know the takeaway food app in SK has such an extensive selection.

Thank you , i agree wholeheartedly ...i might love you drama , but don't ever waste food like that and give us  poisonous coke and pizza. :thumbsdown:

• Like 8
  • LOL 2

@blademan   Chingu , I agree the flashbacks are so very creepy and scary. ugly-chick-smiley-23.gifugly-chick-smiley-23.gif

I am now finally able to do some catch up. Woke up late and missed the broadcast. 

@jeonghyang @nonski @ohoheli and @dojoed  I would like to thank all the chingu's for recap, GIF, videos and pictures. I did sneak a peak at the ending of episode 8. I was so Happpy Happy :wub::wub:. I am so happy that the drama god didn't break my :heartbreak: instead made my :heart: whole.  so happy red-fox-emoticon-10.gifcheer2-onion-head-emoticon.gif cheer2-onion-head-emoticon.gif  . 

• Like 12
  • LOL 1

Late Happy 100 pages!!!
You all print those pages so fast that I can't keep up with you :) But I'm glad that we all enjoy this drama so much :) As always big thank you for all the pictures, recaps, gifs, videos etc. @jeonghyang @nonski @ohoheli  @dojoed and everyone else I forget about.

It's not a surprise that they slow down a little. At the pace from the first two episodes we would end up with LJY and KMS's great grandchildren in the finale episode. ;)

First I'm going to write some random thoughts about episode 7. I must agree that it was rather a filler episode. Not much happend in it at least nothing really important. It was revolving around jealous LJY and LSY and KMS meetings. I still don't like LSY. Every time he is with KMS it looks like he is just gathering story for a book. It's all so fake and cold. He must be delusional if he thinks that KMS will be his girlfriend. She is always uncomfortable around him. Does he really believe that he was kidnapped or does he just fool everyone around him? KMS is annoying in this episode but one thing in her behaviour is very meaningful. I remember that she didn't want to ask LJY about his scars and the story she heard from that reporter but she can talk about kindapping with LSY without any problems. She does not care if she will hurt him or not. It means that LJY's feeliing are more important to her, she actually cares about him. I like that she didn't deny that they were flirting with each other. I love LJY way of thinking: I like you, you like me so let's get married. Just marry him already girl or I will take him from you! And his confidence that after that trip she will be his girlfriend for sure :) He is not beating around the bush :D He wants something and he goes for it. I even like when they argue with each other in that sweet way of theirs. And let me tell you telepathy between LJY and KMS does not work in this episode. :mrgreen: Another interesting thing were different POVs of their first meeting as adults. She saw him as a chaebol and he saw her as that girl from the past. He acted as a normal person there without that pompousness. Is it possible that KMS had a hand in developing his narcissistic side? Their first time in the office remind me a little of Fifty Shades of Grey and the first meeting between Ana and Christian. :blush:

P.S. Have you noticed that PSJ has a really nice backside?:naughty:

Mr. I Have Only One Suit is annoying. Is he supposed to be a softer version of LJY because it doesn't work. I hope the drama will redeem him somehow (or not) because as for now he is a no no.  

It's a good thing that Se Ra is finally slowly getting her happily ever after. Maybe she will calm down a little. I know that the job of an actress here is to be funny but it's just not my kind of funny.

And now about episode 8. 
That was not a filler. She almost got it right in the bus... ahhhh. I like it when LJY is taught new things by KMS. They are really a good match and they can grow together. I knew that barbecue won't be a succes. All the food just went to waste. What a shame. But points for LJY for trying. He changed the way he is waving at her. Now it's more like a boyfriend and not a boss. It was significant that he appeared right after her nightmare with box full of caramels. She was running to him so fast I seriously thought that she will just throw herself at him. And my god THEY ARE ENGAGED for more then twenty years now. That must count for something. :joy:

I just hope that LSY won't use his mental problems to keep KMS with him. Please drama don't go there.  

That office crew remind me a little of the office crew in Jugglers. I think they have similar attitude. 

THEY KISSED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But why in the end? Why not in the middle of the episode? Now I have to wait a week to see more and the preview is very promising. Can't wait for the next Wednesday!

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Niki-Forever said:

Maybe this is much better as she does not know who is he. YJ told him when she promised to marry him as a child " you have to marry someone you love" then now she is dating him without any feeling of obligation from the past and she loves him as he is; and not for him being her  savior. 

@Niki-Forever... That may be the reason why YJ wants only the bes for MI So. He wants her to marry for love buthe wants to be the one she fall in love with. That is so sweet. ... That flashback to when they were kids and she insisting they get married. IT was so cute. Have you noticed Mi So still has him wrapped around her pinkie. LOL LOL LOL It seems he fell for her since she was FIVE..... :heart::wub::heart::wub:  So let's keep rooting for the secret to remain a secret .   cheer2-onion-head-emoticon.gif

cheer2-onion-head-emoticon.gifcheer2-onion-head-emoticon.gif

• Like 9
  • LOL 4
  • Thanks 1

So on a high from this weeks episodes. They keep leveling up! 

See you in the rear view older bro! I like CTJ as an actor, his character not too much. He’s so delusional. 

Question about mom. Is she playing along or really doesn’t know? Confused...

• Like 9

20 minutes ago, chdom said:

So on a high from this weeks episodes. They keep leveling up! 

See you in the rear view older bro! I like CTJ as an actor, his character not too much. He’s so delusional. 

I think the mom is playing along to save both her sons, but she's gonna realize that she'll just end up hurting them both and tell the truth to KMS. Just my guess.

I just finished the episode with english subtitles before going back to packing. I laughed soo much at Chansung's part on asking for half of the room. Love how they are playing their characters together. Also Bo Ra braid her hair to be cute, but they called her Han Ga In from Once Upon a Time in High School. Lol. 

The scene LYJ dropped by with a box full of caramel. That was soo sweet. These little scenes like this is killing me. They make me blush :blush::lol:

• Like 12

#WhatsWrongWithSecretaryKim : 8.1%

https://twitter.com/kdrama_news/status/1012466736740720640

tumblr_pb1xdrSwqz1vay5kgo1_400.giftumblr_pb1xdrSwqz1vay5kgo4_400.gif

Spoiler

tumblr_pb1xdrSwqz1vay5kgo3_400.giftumblr_pb1xdrSwqz1vay5kgo5_400.giftumblr_pb1xdrSwqz1vay5kgo6_400.gifmessijoahaeI am sorry I’m so late. I… like you.

adding

What’s Wrong With Secretary Kim” Achieves New Personal Best In Viewership Ratings Again

Spoiler

Park-Seo-Joon-Park-Min-young20.png

What’s Wrong with Secretary Kim” has achieved its highest viewership ratings once more.

The June 28 episode of the drama achieved nationwide viewership ratings of 8.1 percent and a peak viewership rating of 10.6 percent, a new personal best for the drama. The drama’s previous personal best was its June 21 episode, which brought in 7.7 percent nationwide with a peak at 9.2 percent.

The drama placed first again in its time slot for both cable and public broadcasting networks. The average ratings for viewers in their 20s to 40s, widely considered the target audience for broadcasting stations, was 5.7 percent and peaked at 6.9 percent, also the highest among cable and public broadcasting networks.

Spoiler

Lee Young Joon (played by Park Seo Joon) promised Kim Mi So (played by Park Min Young), “I have confidence that I can cope with you and everything else.” However, when she was invited to his house, they had a lot of missed chances for a kiss, like when Lee Young Joon closed his eyes, his trauma would cause him to remember a strange woman’s form and voice. This made Kim Mi So concerned that there was something going on with Lee Young Joon.

Their relationship unfolded even further as Kim Mi So began to suspect that Lee Young Joon was the boy in her past that she was looking for while talking with Madam Choi (played by Kim Hye Ok). Lee Young Joon also read through Kim Mi So’s journal and began thinking about the past, but would not disclose to her that he was a victim of a kidnapping. However, Kim Mi So slowly began recovering pieces of her memory regarding the kidnapping and subconsciously began to become more affectionate towards him.

Then the three people involved in the past kidnapping, Lee Young Joon, Kim Mi So, and Lee Sung Yeon (played by Lee Tae Hwan) all gathered at a concert. Lee Sung Yeon confessed to Kim Mi So that they had a once-in-a-lifetime sort of connection. However, she ran out to follow Lee Young Joon, who had left. So that he wouldn’t misunderstand the situation, she confessed, “I’m sorry for replying to your confession so late. I like you.”

The last three minutes were exceptionally captivating, as Lee Young Joon embraced her and tried to kiss her, but his trauma prevented him once again. Kim Mi So understood the situation, and kissed him first, helping him slowly start to overcome his trauma.

“What’s Wrong with Secretary Kim” airs every Wednesday and Thursday at 9:30 p.m. KST.

Soompi

3069929.jpg?w=672&h=372&crop=1

KIM NA YOUNG – I CAN ONLY SEE YOU (그대만 보여서) WHAT’S WRONG WITH SECRETARY KIM OST PART 5

I close my eyes but your smile keeps lingering
So I can’t sleep
I can only see you, like a dream
I’m taking steps toward you without knowing
My heart has fallen for you
I try to go back but
My heart keeps going near you
I can only see you
So slowly, like this
Step by step
If I hold out my hand, I can touch you
But I’m only looking at your back

I only saw you and came this far
I want to tell you but like a fool, I can’t
My heart has fallen for you
I try to run away but
My heart keeps going near you
I’m one step behind
Standing here like this
Will I be able to endure?
As I hide my feelings for you?
I think my feelings have been caught
My heart is pounding
It keeps trying to talk to you
I can only see you
I’ve been in love with you

• Like 13
  • Thanks 6

@Ahpheng that is hard.  We love them both ha ha.. :wub:

1 hour ago, chdom said:

The parents know...  I guess the scene where the actors as the younger versions of the parents will or might come out next week or later episodes.

• Like 11

4 hours ago, Jun HyukL said:

Hi :) 
I really can't stand the brother. He really gets on my nerves.

@Jun HyukL.. I agree chingu. I have tried to like this character but everytime he appears on screen and being rude LYJ , I wish the writer would make him disappear. 

2 hours ago, averia said:

I still don't like LSY. Every time he is with KMS it looks like he is just gathering story for a book. It's all so fake and cold. He must be delusional if he thinks that KMS will be his girlfriend. She is always uncomfortable around him.

@averia  Kim Mi So is very uncomfortable with LSY. He makes her uneasy because of what he says about his brother. He isn't bright at all, Doesn't he know what he accuses his brother of doing can ruin his reputation or cause a rift between employee and employer. Doesn't he realize this could affect her work environment if she believed in everything he says. Since he enjoys talking about a traumatic time in his life can make him be very suspicious. You mentioned " Every time he is with KMS it looks like he is just gathering story for a book. "  I think it worse than a book, what if he uses what he reads to create a stronger memory that doesn't exist to keep our OTP apart. 

I have so many questions chingu's but i have to wait to see the episode before asking the questions. :tears::tears:

mDEmRl3V_jMn-1XncwuKNBF7BAFExq59xplJharH

9GK9cFcRVoFY2HEAPN4spPmyDs0nqkjAnswe1d4Y

• Like 10

2 hours ago, averia said:

Late Happy 100 pages!!!
Ywas rather a filler episode. Not much happend in it at least nothing really important. It was revolving around jealous LJY and LSY and KMS meetings. I still don't like LSY. Every time he is with KMS it looks like he is just gathering story for a book. It's all so fake and cold. He must be delusional if he thinks that KMS will be his girlfriend. She is always uncomfortable around him. Does he really believe that he was kidnapped or does he just fool everyone around him?

Sorry..I cut your comment:blush:

That is what i have been thinking about ...In my opinion he has been fooling everybody since them. The only way to have his parents atention and to avoid his responsability for what he did to his junger brother. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Ahpheng said:

Hahaha... i cant help but compare PMY in Healer and in this drama. I have massive love for Healer, will see how this drama ends and if it can move Healer to second place in my list of PMY's drama.

As i read in other comments, PMY has made many leading man famous but she herself is under-rated. Best actress and hopefully they can win the best couple award in the drama award ceremony (and we get to see them after the drama ends)

• Like 13

“What’s Wrong With Secretary Kim” Achieves New Personal Best In Viewership Ratings Again

Park-Seo-Joon-Park-Min-young20.png

The June 28 episode of the drama achieved nationwide viewership ratings of 8.1 percent and a peak viewership rating of 10.6 percent, a new personal best for the drama. The drama’s previous personal best was its June 21 episode, which brought in 7.7 percent nationwide with a peak at 9.2 percent.

The drama placed first again in its time slot for both cable and public broadcasting networks. The average ratings for viewers in their 20s to 40s, widely considered the target audience for broadcasting stations, was 5.7 percent and peaked at 6.9 percent, also the highest among cable and public broadcasting networks.

Spoiler

Lee Young Joon (played by Park Seo Joon) promised Kim Mi So (played by Park Min Young), “I have confidence that I can cope with you and everything else.” However, when she was invited to his house, they had a lot of missed chances for a kiss, like when Lee Young Joon closed his eyes, his trauma would cause him to remember a strange woman’s form and voice. This made Kim Mi So concerned that there was something going on with Lee Young Joon.

Their relationship unfolded even further as Kim Mi So began to suspect that Lee Young Joon was the boy in her past that she was looking for while talking with Madam Choi (played by Kim Hye Ok). Lee Young Joon also read through Kim Mi So’s journal and began thinking about the past, but would not disclose to her that he was a victim of a kidnapping. However, Kim Mi So slowly began recovering pieces of her memory regarding the kidnapping and subconsciously began to become more affectionate towards him.

Then the three people involved in the past kidnapping, Lee Young Joon, Kim Mi So, and Lee Sung Yeon (played by Lee Tae Hwan) all gathered at a concert. Lee Sung Yeon confessed to Kim Mi So that they had a once-in-a-lifetime sort of connection. However, she ran out to follow Lee Young Joon, who had left. So that he wouldn’t misunderstand the situation, she confessed, “I’m sorry for replying to your confession so late. I like you.”

The last three minutes were exceptionally captivating, as Lee Young Joon embraced her and tried to kiss her, but his trauma prevented him once again. Kim Mi So understood the situation, and kissed him first, helping him slowly start to overcome his trauma.

“What’s Wrong with Secretary Kim” airs every Wednesday and Thursday at 9:30 p.m. KST.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, realistic2280 said:

Hahaha... i cant help but compare PMY in Healer and in this drama. I have massive love for Healer, will see how this drama ends and if it can move Healer to second place in my list of PMY's drama.

As i read in other comments, PMY has made many leading man famous but she herself is under-rated. Best actress and hopefully they can win the best couple award in the drama award ceremony (and we get to see them after the drama ends)

I have to agree with PMY being so underrated. I myself am guilty of not taking notice of her until I saw this drama. Hope her first time in romantic comedy (with the help of Busted being in Netflix) catapults her into the stardom she well deserves. 

On the other hand, had the character been another weakling or maybe not as smart as Kim Mi So's, I don't think it would have suited PMY. Her physical appearance comes off as too smart for roles like those (and she does seem smart irl) I'm so glad she chose KMS as her first romantic comedy role. I cannot imagine anyone else giving justice to it as much as PMY does.

• Like 12
  • LOL 1

On 6/28/2018 at 10:03 AM, aisling said:

LMAO, why is this so funny?? :joy: I’ve been laughing 5 minutes straight :grin:

yea... me tooo i laugh..

i have no idea why YJ straight away go to the lamp and knock knock the lamp.. lol... expecting gennie to come to help?

LOL... I laugh very loud when see this.. so funny...

Edited by LavelyShai
Quoted Image
  • Like 7
  • LOL 4