[Drama 2018] What is Wrong with Secretary Kim, 김비서가 왜 그럴까

0ly40

8 hours ago, anjelikaeyes13 said:

Just finish the 6-7 episodes and Annoyed with annoyin brother for making up lies and LTH has done a good job to annoy us and I respect to his acting.  He done a sweet job in Golden Life and Father’s is strange and for sure everyone here will wish that he will have his own drama where he will lead. Two thumbs up to LTH. 

Sorry dear but LTH did not work in Father is Strange...He was in a weekly Drama that have the nomber of "Father I Will Take Care of You"  but not in Father is Strange.

:)

I agree with you about him doing a good job because he annoys me too much and that is a good signal. It is supposed to hate him. 

• Like 9

35 minutes ago, camichi said:

Sorry dear but LTH did not work in Father is Strange...He was in a weekly Drama that have the nomber of "Father I Will Take Care of You"  but not in Father is Strange.

:)

I agree with you about him doing a good job because he annoys me too much and that is a good signal. It is supposed to hate him. 

I think he portrays the role quite well, although I would love to see more moments of him being evil and not just us hating him for ruining our OTP. Hihihihi.. big-eye-onion-head-emoticon.gif?12928624

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

I came very late. This drama is beau!

For once I'm enjoying office drama. And the lead characters,fantastic job!

PYM as been my sweetheart. Watched all her dramas except historical as I don't fancy historical dramas.

Her chemistry with her male leads and side characters are always pure. And park seyeon,  seems like he is getting hotter as he ages. 

The older brother is a maniac. Beneath  that smile and charisma lies a demanted soul. 

• Like 9
  • LOL 1

5 hours ago, lyca mena said:

Maybe LYJ didn't really forgot his childhood memories rather he pretend to have forgotten what happened because it tortured and some what destroyed their family. He's not narcissistic his actually SELFLESS... Also maybe Lee sung hyun was his real name and he just changed it to lee young joon to cover the bad memories. 

umm..you are talking about a 10 yr old child.. coming up with a plan and pretending is not realistic

Jung So Min & Lee Min Ki to make cameos on 'What's Wrong with Secretary Kim?'

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

umm..you are talking about a 10 yr old child.. coming up with a plan and pretending is not realistic

LYJ is smart and skip a couple of grade year from school. Maybe he understand the situation. Hehehe. Its just my conclusion because remember what he said to miso when they're on the bridge talking about how he doesn't want to dig the past because its too painful for him and his family. Maybe he burried it all the pain to himself so that his family can go on with their lives and maybe the brother have his mental illness until the present day. :lol::) 

• Like 10

1 hour ago, darr said:

PYM as been my sweetheart. Watched all her dramas except historical as I don't fancy historical dramas.

Her chemistry with her male leads and side characters are always pure. And park seyeon,  seems like he is getting hotter as he ages. 

The older brother is a maniac. Beneath  that smile and charisma lies a demanted soul.

@darr Even though you don't like historical dramas, you should try watching Queen for Seven Days.  She does a really beautiful job of acting in that drama.  All of the acting in that drama is very good, actually - try it.   :  )

• Like 13

I'm the only one who care less about the brother (lsy) story? Lol :lol: Like I dont even care about his imaginary story. Just like lyj way of thinking, no matter what lsy do, he wont be able to shake lyj, to get kms or company. I like the writer also not dragging the story to our otp, they are dating before kms know the truth, yes just like my thinking, just ignore the brother story and keep moving forward :rolleyes:

I like lyj is slowly healed and become a better person. In the last eps he can overcome his fear when he closed his eyes because kms kissed him first. In the preview he also can sleep at the office which I'm sure he never done that before because he always had a nightmare. He is slowly opening his heart to other person too (to his subordinate) and fixed his bad behaviors because of kms. Those are more important than the brother story for me.

I just want to see lyj happy, he deserved it after all those years of suffering. This is the first time I'm totally rooting for male lead in kdrama lol. Usually the male lead is a jerk but lyj is totally different. He is smart af, eventhough he was silly because he never dated and narcissistic but I like how realistic he is and he never afraid to speak what's on his mind ( sometimes too blunt but that's his charm lol). He is also suffering by himself to protect everyone, I just want to hug him.

• Like 15

Just finished ep 8. Finally they kissed  :heart:  Thanks to Mi - so's confession. She saved him , when he was about to fail the kiss once again :blush:. Love the barbecue party he tried to make despite the fact that he did not know how to grill meat. Love the caramel candy box he gave her at midnight. Love the courage he made to himself. Love the way they took care of each other :love:  

• Like 14

A Tale of Two Brothers

Both LSY and LYJ seem perfect to the outside world, but the perfection of both men are different and unsettling in each their own ways.

LYJ comes across as the perfectionist, an exacting professional who gives no quarter. Someone who expects others to perform well because he holds himself to the same lofty expectations. As such, he is admired from an arm's length by peers, feared by his subordinates and leads a lonely and misunderstood existence. Because of his past trauma, he consumes himself in work, keeping his true love by his side for nine years by never daring to draw her any closer. Only when KMS announced that she was quitting did he start confronting his long buried fears head on and breaking down the walls that kept his real considerate nature obscured. Why? He realised that he feared losing KMS even more than the nightmares that haunted him daily and nightly. His words may seem haughty and self-centered, but it masks a truly sensitive inner soul who has sacrificed a lifetime for those whom he loves.

LSY likewise comes across as a perfect man but in a totally opposite sense. He is the freewheeling romantic, the sensitive writer who charms and smiles freely. He knows how to use words to emotionally move others and to get his way, but under that sweet facade, something sinister lurks. He seems sensitive and considerate, but when push comes to shove, his actions (especially with regard to his brother) suggest that everything is about him. Casting LTH as the hyung even though he is much younger than LSJ in real life actually feels like an inspired move. LSY does not come across as the hyung, not least because he is unfettered by the corporate responsibilities that his younger brother is saddled with, but because he seems so infantilised in his preoccupation with playing the victim and in winning KMS for the sake of just getting one up over his brother. Somewhere along the way, his emotional growth was stunted and he remains a child that cannot move on from the past.

I'm really looking forward to how the rest of the story unfolds. LSJ and PMY are so so so awesome in their roles that I could happily watch them just breathe at each other for the second half of the series. I love that PMY plays these characters who "save" practically every single one of the male leads (Healer, SDQ) by being straightforward and giving unconditional love and trust.

And despite the criticism about LTH's wooden acting, I think he's doing a decent job. If his character feels less developed than either LYJ and KMS, that's because it IS less developed. The focus of the story is on LYJ and KMS, so his role feels much like a catalyst to push these two to grow and confront their fears, nothing more or less. 

Thanks to all the recappers, I'm loving this show and it's wonderful to be able to share the love with y'all!

• Like 17
  • Thanks 3

48 minutes ago, Loretto said:

@darr Even though you don't like historical dramas, you should try watching Queen for Seven Days.  She does a really beautiful job of acting in that drama.  All of the acting in that drama is very good, actually - try it.   :  )

Exactly..... The elegance of that drama....... There are some funny scenes as well, so you will not feel sometimes that you are watching a historical....... 

• Like 9

2 hours ago, darr said:

You are missing a lot... hahahah.... Her historical dramas has a different charm... (for PMY only, hahaha)..... It is so elegant, and classy..... There are funny scenes too, you will not feel like you are watching a historical..... especially Queen For Seven Days, it has the same vibe as Healer.....  (since it has the same PD and some casts too).....   Then Sungkyungkwan Scandal is next, it's like Boys Over Flower of Joseon era.... 

I like PSJ comedy scenes.... it really made me LOL........ But I like funny scenes of PMY more in Healer and QUeen for Seven days, she can nail comedy as well...

• Like 11

2 hours ago, lyca mena said:

LYJ is smart and skip a couple of grade year from school. Maybe he understand the situation. Hehehe. Its just my conclusion because remember what he said to miso when they're on the bridge talking about how he doesn't want to dig the past because its too painful for him and his family. Maybe he burried it all the pain to himself so that his family can go on with their lives and maybe the brother have his mental illness until the present day. :lol::) 

yes that's what i'm saying that to your point that brother is pretending, it is difficult to digest that a 10 yr old could plot.

He obviously struggled so much that he adopted his little brother's life (both on guilt front and how unwanted he felt because of his brother). Dont think it is a deliberate ruse to torture his younger bro. When the truth will be revealed, he is going to suffer so much.

• Like 10