Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2018] What is Wrong with Secretary Kim, 김비서가 왜 그럴까

“You know that I never ask for someone’s permission. And yet, I am asking for your permission in the most polite and the most romantic way. Will you marry me?” ~ Lee Young-joon

OPERATION PROPOSAL

I know I should be sympathizing with Young-joon (Park Seo-joon) right now because I can clearly see how stressed out he is over “the biggest crisis of his life” a.k.a. coming up with the most romantic wedding proposal to Kim Mi-so (Park Min-young). But I can’t help laughing at him for being so cute while obliging his “exceptional brain” to come up with ideas. I know he’s more pressured because it was his future father-in-law who demanded him to propose to his daughter the right way because he thought his prior “MSG proposal” was uncool.

Continue reading here:

https://ahjummamshies.com/2018/07/30/k-drama-reaction-why-secretary-kim-episode-15/

screenshot_2018-07-29-20-20-02.png?w=840

• Like 2

What’s Wrong With Secretary Kim: Episode 16 (Final)

by LollyPip

secretarykim20-1.jpg

Young-joon and Mi-so still have quite a few things to iron out in their relationship, whether it’s learning that being a couple doesn’t mean never disagreeing, or that they’re both still capable of making mistakes and needing to apologize. But no matter what happens, there’s never any doubt that they love and support each other, and that they can overcome any hardships that life might throw their way.

More....

• Like 4

After watching this drama, I re-watched "Healer" because of PMY.  What's wrong with secretary Kim has simple plot, funny characters, beautiful actors, nice clothes and bags, nice cars, and many kisses ... a very light heart drama that I was looking forward to see every Wed and Thurs nights ... I don't know what to watch next since the drama ends so fast

• Like 4

8 hours ago, kaoriharang said:

What’s Wrong With Secretary Kim: Episode 16 (Final)

by LollyPip

secretarykim20-1.jpg

Young-joon and Mi-so still have quite a few things to iron out in their relationship, whether it’s learning that being a couple doesn’t mean never disagreeing, or that they’re both still capable of making mistakes and needing to apologize. But no matter what happens, there’s never any doubt that they love and support each other, and that they can overcome any hardships that life might throw their way.

More....

ep16 I have two bits I don't understand. 

when MS whacks YJ for naughty thoughts. he said to MS 살려주지. The English subs said YJ asked MS to let him live till wedding.  while the Chinese sub says he will let MS live becos of the wedding. am confused too cos I thought 살려주지  meant he will give a chance.  If YJ says 살려줘 then he is asking MS let him live. Am I correct  ? 

the other part is at the wedding,  MS told YJ that he kept all the promises since childhood and then the flashbacks so does it mean that she remembered how she proposed to little YJ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, princessfiana said:

ep16 I have two bits I don't understand. 

when MS whacks YJ for naughty thoughts. he said to MS 살려주지. The English subs said YJ asked MS to let him live till wedding.  while the Chinese sub says he will let MS live becos of the wedding. am confused too cos I thought 살려주지  meant he will give a chance.  If YJ says 살려줘 then he is asking MS let him live. Am I correct  ? 

the other part is at the wedding,  MS told YJ that he kept all the promises since childhood and then the flashbacks so does it mean that she remembered how she proposed to little YJ?

I can't understand for you the first one -

That one may need to ask @stroppyse

From what I understand; YJ says that the wedding is only 2 weeks away, can MS let him live till then.

But maybe this needs confirmation

As for the 2nd one; MS actually always remembered after she recovered her memories. Just that she never acknowledge outwardly that she remembered she proposed first.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, princessfiana said:

This question I can answer, MS actually remembered everything since the ep when she collapsed from recalling their past trauma. Later it was confirmed more in ep 15 during YJ proposal. She told YJ that she remembered that she was the first to proposed to him at 5 years of age.

60349a5854d4966b90b3798d90545b5b.png

Im surprised we got a BTS I thought they'd might skip it and leave it for the DVD... can I be more greedy and request one esp for YS bed scene and of course their wedding. :tounge_wink: ARGH! but since TvN titled this one ep 16 I guess not. THOUGH thats not fair because these scenes are in ep 15. :blink: PDnim are you forgetting a BTS ep? esp one of the casts bidding everyone farewell and thanking everyone :bawling:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1d5a78KK2SA-3-h3a12cbv1-adam-dan-hawa-ma

WHAT IS WRONG WITH SECRETARY KIM
2019 monthly calendar

1d5a78KK2SA-3-h3a12cbv-adam-dan-hawa-mab

1d5a78KK2SA-4-h3a12cbv-adam-dan-hawa-mab

Spoiler

1d5a78KK2SA-5-h3a12cbv-adam-dan-hawa-mab

1d5a78KK2SA-6-h3a12cbv-adam-dan-hawa-mab

1d5a78KK2SA-7-h3a12cbv-adam-dan-hawa-mab

1d5a78KK2SA-8-h3a12cbv-adam-dan-hawa-mab

1d5a78KK2SA-9-h3a12cbv-adam-dan-hawa-mab

Spoiler

1d5a78KK2SA-10-h3a12cbv-adam-dan-hawa-ma

1d5a78KK2SA-11-h3a12cbv-adam-dan-hawa-ma

1d5a78KK2SA-12-h3a12cbv-adam-dan-hawa-ma

1d5a78KK2SA-13-h3a12cbv-adam-dan-hawa-ma

1d5a78KK2SA-1-h3a12cbv-adam-dan-hawa-mab

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Kasmic said:

This question I can answer, MS actually remembered everything since the ep when she collapsed from recalling their past trauma. Later it was confirmed more in ep 15 during YJ proposal. She told YJ that she remembered that she was the first to proposed to him at 5 years of age.

Im surprised we got a BTS I thought they'd might skip it and leave it for the DVD... can I be more greedy and request one esp for YS bed scene and of course their wedding. :tounge_wink: ARGH! but since TvN titled this one ep 16 I guess not. THOUGH thats not fair because these scenes are in ep 15. :blink: PDnim are you forgetting a BTS ep? esp one of the casts bidding everyone farewell and thanking everyone :bawling:

Thanks @kaoriharang @Kasmic, guess we will wait for, @stroppyse to clarify my confused part. thx, hehe.  So MS is so cheeky, she remembered she told YJ that YJ is like a prince so she wants to marry him, hahaha but pretended she dont remember. 

I tried to translate the latest BTS.  I also wanna see the wedding BTS!! hehehe

0:06 caption: Colleague's bf Mr YJ's share table scene

0:11 MS: VP nim why are you here? you are supposed to stand there...

0:13 PD: you are supposed to stand?

0:14 PSJ: (sorry) I cant hear 

0:18 caption: completely drunk manager sera's cute drunk behaviour starts...

0:22 Jia caption: Mr YJ what about MS that you like the most?

0:27 Sera: please answer immediately!

0:28 YJ: she's pretty

0:30 caption: dont know until now...

0:33 caption: the severe pain that comes along with these words....

0:37 caption (YJ) what ? (MS) slab slab

0:39 caption: stopping YJ who wants to go home!

0:43 caption:Golden hand Sera who grabbed YJ's wallet at high speed  (Jia: nice catch)

0:46 caption: wallet theft now becomes watch theft

0:48 PD: let's do it again

0:55 caption: lets walk on caramel path,  focused on MS's likes

0:58 PMY: no, are you trying to lure me with caramel?

1:02 caption: you know me so well...

1:05 caption: its like a 007 operation, secretly kidnapping caramel's MS

1:13 caption: cut! ok!

1:14 PD: why are you not hving it?  PMY: I am hving it, ok? (caption: fatal)

1:20 PD: action!

1:22 caption: beware of fluttering, walking after hving caramel

1:27 caption: kidding

1:29 caption: caramel capture success

1:30 caption: YJ romantic proposal scene 

1:38 caption: (kidding)

1:41 caption: let's comb

1:50 caption: even though they was kidding but they switched to serious to prepare for film

1:52 caption: is like giving MS a massage, very softly put the ring on her finger

2:02 caption: will you marry me YJ? (promise?) hahaha

2:10 PMY: its the last Ep (caption: WWWKS last Ep BTS and impressions on completing the drama will also release)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

GOODDATA จัดอันดับหัวข้อนักแสดงละครTV ที่ถูกพูดถึงมากที่สุดในสัปดาห์ที่ 4ของเดือนก.ค. 18

1 #ParkMinYoung #WhatsWrongWithSecretaryKim

2 #ParkSeoJoon

3 #KimTaeRi #MrSunshine

4 #LeeByungHun

5 #ImSooHyang

6 #ChaEunWoo

7 #ShinHyesun

8 #LeeTaeHwan

9 #YangSeJong

10 #LeeDongWook

DjY7LPRVAAAyGmo.jpg

GoodData จัดอันดับ [ละครTV ] ซีรี่ส์ที่มีการพูดถึงมากที่สุดสัปดาห์ที่ 4 ของเดือน ก.ค. 2018

1 #WhatsWrongWithSecretaryKim

2 #MrSunShine

3 #MyIDisGangnamBeauty

4 #Life #라이프

5 #ThirtyButSeventeen

6 #LifeonMars 

7 #YourHonor

8 #시간 #Time

9 #AreYouHumantoo

10 #LetsEat3

DjY5B89U0AECVtf.jpg

cre: nonstop

• Like 3

17 hours ago, kaoriharang said:

From what I understand; YJ says that the wedding is only 2 weeks away, can MS let him live till then.

But maybe this needs confirmation 

As for the 2nd one; MS actually always remembered after she recovered her memories. Just that she never acknowledge outwardly that she remembered she proposed first.

@kaoriharang, you heard correctly. The first comment is YJ telling MS that the wedding is only 2 weeks away, so MS should let him live.

As for the second comment where MS says that she knows better than anyone else that YJ always keeps his promises, and then it goes into the flashbacks. In the flashbacks, 5 year old MS had told YJ to marry her, but he had refused saying that marriage is something that one does after one has become an adult and then with someone that one loves. MS cleverly tells YJ that he just has to grow up to be an adult then and love her, then he could marry her. YJ thinks it over and agrees, which MS then wants him to promise to do, and which he does. So, he has kept his childhood promises to her to grow up to be an adult, to fall in love with MS, and to marry her. It was a sweet sequence. :):wub:

Sorry about the late reply. Real life keeps interfering...

• Like 4

For those who just can't get enough, I did another translation of the episode 15 BTS. It was short and sweet. :)

Episode 15 BTS

caption: The scene where a work colleague’s boyfriend, Young Joon-sshi joins them.
SR: Congrats!
MS: Oh! Vice Chairman! (captioned)
MS: How are you here…? (captioned)
MS: … when you should still be standing…? (captioned)
YJ: Did you say that I was supposed to keep standing? (captioned)
PD: Yes
YJ: (apologetic) I didn’t hear it, that I was supposed to be standing! (captioned)
SR: From the beginning, I’ll treat you like a work colleague’s boyfriend!
caption: Very drunk Manager Bong’s cute drunken behavior is starting…
SR: Young Joon-sshi!
JA: What do you like best about our Secretary Kim~? (captioned)
SR: Answer quickly! (captioned) Young Joon-sshi! (captioned)
YJ: Because she’s pretty! (captioned)
caption: Until now, she didn’t know…
caption: These words that have brought such great suffering…
YJ caption: What’s this?
MS captions: Slap Slap
caption: Preventing Young Joon from going home!
SR: We have to make sure of it.
SR: Ji Ah-sshi, catch this.
caption: Quickly taking his wallet away, Golden Hand Se Ra
JA: Nice catch! (captioned)
caption: The wallet thief becomes the watch thief…?
PD: Do it again! (captioned)
YJ: Here, on the inside. (me: He’s pointing to the loosening mechanism on the inside of the watch band.)

caption: Let’s only walk on caramel roads, Mi So’s preferences scene.
MS: I mean, is he trying to seduce me with caramels? (captioned)
caption: He knows me really well…
caption: Like a plan by 007, furtively kidnapping the caramels, Mi So
caption: Take 2
PD: Cut! Okay! (captioned)
PD: Why aren’t you biting one in your mouth? (captioned)
MS: I was about to bite one… (captioned)
MS: Is it okay? (captioned)
caption: fatal (me: as in femme fatale)
PD: Action! (captioned)
caption: Fluttering warning, on the road to eating caramels.
MS caption: Joking Joking
caption: Caramel capture success!

caption: Young Joon’s romantic proposal scene
(me: the music they overlaid was too loud to really figure out what YJ and MS were saying before their captions read that they were joking, but it sounded as if YJ was saying something about something being dangerous)
YJ and MS captions: Joking Joking
YJ caption: If it goes thud!
MS caption: Slap!
caption: Even though they were just playing around, as soon as filming starts, seriousness!
caption: Softly, as if he was giving a massage, putting the ring on Mi So, Young Joon.

caption: You, will you marry Young Joon…?
YJ caption: Promise
caption: What’s Wrong With Secretary Kim, final episode BTS and feelings about finishing the drama will also be released!
MS: It’s the last episode! (captioned)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

36 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

@kaoriharang, you heard correctly. The first comment is YJ telling MS that the wedding is only 2 weeks away, so MS should let him live.

As for the second comment where MS says that she knows better than anyone else that YJ always keeps his promises, and then it goes into the flashbacks. In the flashbacks, 5 year old MS had told YJ to marry her, but he had refused saying that marriage is something that one does after one has become an adult and then with someone that one loves. MS cleverly tells YJ that he just has to grow up to be an adult then and love her, then he could marry her. YJ thinks it over and agrees, which MS then wants him to promise to do, and which he does. So, he has kept his childhood promises to her to grow up to be an adult, to fall in love with MS, and to marry her. It was a sweet sequence. :):wub:

Sorry about the late reply. Real life keeps interfering...

Thanks for the korean clarification! guess the Chinese sub ver. got it wrong....

btw, I saw from DC WWWKS that the props team actually produced a wedding invitation that is so real!  we got YJ's mom's name as well instead of ms chui

"we become lovers becos of our little fate from long time ago

now becos of that fate, we will become one

even though we still have plenty shortcomings, but we will remember our fate and love each other for the rest of our lives.

please come witness and give us your blessings."

http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=secretary&no=14914

kudos to props team! I want this to be included in the DVD set, hehe

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, princessfiana said:

Thanks for the korean clarification! guess the Chinese sub ver. got it wrong....

It's because Koreans don't use pronouns. Rather, they use implied pronouns in context, so I can see why the translator would have translated what he said to be "I'll let you live." and probably have taken that to mean as if if the wedding had not been in two weeks, he would have taken revenge rather than letting her live. However, that's pretty convoluted and he's really just trying to get her to stop hitting him rather than mock-threatening her back. So, taken in context, he's saying "You should let me live." so that he can be alive for the wedding. Hope this makes sense.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, stroppyse said:

It's because Koreans don't use pronouns. Rather, they use implied pronouns in context, so I can see why the translator would have translated what he said to be "I'll let you live." and probably have taken that to mean as if if the wedding had not been in two weeks, he would have taken revenge rather than letting her live. However, that's pretty convoluted and he's really just trying to get her to stop hitting him rather than mock-threatening her back. So, taken in context, he's saying "You should let me live." so that he can be alive for the wedding. Hope this makes sense.

Thanks stroppyse for the detailed explanations~ I am confused at first as well becos YJ was saying this line with an angry stare at MS.  So it also seems to make sense that he will take revenge on her later. hahaha. I think YJ learnt from drunk MS and whacking MS that MS has potential to kill him...wahahaha

• Like 3

Just wanna say, after PMY's weibo's interview, i just realised that in Ep1 - when Secretary Kim said that she barely could speak in Chinese and English, in reality, PMY actually speaks the languages fluently! :D

• Like 7

New webtoon #93

Its Yoomyung Group's charity ball.  MS YJ  (in his handsome tux) sitting at their table taking pics of YS and SJ (wife) dancing but YS stepped on her heel and made her angry. MS YJ laughed at his clumsiness.  YJ went out to the balcony with MS and said they should not have come to the charity ball. MS asked why and it was fun taking pics of YS and YJ said cos today is MS's birthday but they were too busy with this event. MS said she is fine as on this very busy day, YJ cooked her seaweed soup in the morning for her birthday and she was satisfied.  (although she didnt have much due to morning sickness). YJ said she cant be settled with this little thing as this is her first birthday after they were married. YJ took out an envelope and told MS thats her gift from him. MS guessed whether he wrote a letter to her or a birthday card?  YJ said isnt this scale too small and asked MS to explore her imagination.  MS opened the envelope and found a picture of a house model. MS asked what's this. YJ said this is a 3D modelling picture, how was it. MS said its pretty but whats that for. YJ told MS that when their baby is born, this will be there new home and its now under construction.  YJ said he wanted to raise their child in a house with a grass lawn for he/she to romp over it. MS shocked and asked again did YJ said that the house is under construction and is building now. YJ  said he is building the house since one month ago. MS said so YJ started to build the house immediately after he found out she is pregnant? YJ said yes after he heard the news he go straight to action and wanted to break the news to her on her birthday so its has been tough holding back this news. MS said its not making sense, who would give such a gift.  As they have their baby earlier than he expected, he is moving forward his gift and this is their family home so he wanted the best of it. MS said...yea...well...why you made this come sooner than expected (i.e. making her pregnant) and YJ said well...that day the atmosphere was like that...MS thanked YJ anyway and started crying tears of joy. YJ said dont cry, a mother should not cry or their baby will be sad, MS said its ok, she is crying tears of joy. MS told YJ that she often regrets calling YJ that he is inconsiderate person with no conscience. Thinking back these words are so absurd.  YJ said but its becos of this opposite character so she was so into him and usually ppl find this  more attractive. MS said this is YJ's long term plan right? YJ said thats right, he paint his huge painting that MS will be by this side for the rest of their life and it cant be anyone else.  MS said I love you and YJ said I love you more.  (flash back to when YJ reunited with MS 9 years ago..this is a story about two person who has long fate tgt, miracly met again and then spent a long tgt and know each other and there is no one else for them) .  YJ asked whether to name their baby (nick name) "sun" becos YJ had a dream recently about a big sun going into his arms. (to be continued)

• Like 8
  • Thanks 5

I know it is still too early but I’m already claiming this. Lee Young-joon (Park Seo-joon) and Kim Mi-so’s (Park Min-young) wedding is dramaland’s wedding of the year! Who is with me?

A WEDDING THAT IS MEANT TO BE

It’s always so beautiful to witness two people ending up exchanging vows of love in front of the altar after going through the complicated twist of fate. Who would have thought that the two young children who suffered a very traumatic incident together 24 years ago would actually meet once again and fall in love? Young-joon was definitely right when he told Secretary Kim that the universe itself wants their wedding to happen.

Continue reading here:

https://ahjummamshies.com/2018/08/01/k-drama-reaction-why-secretary-kim-finale/

screenshot_2018-07-31-21-36-49.png?w=840

• Like 5