Add and Subtract Game

Admin

Ta-tah to her career.

××××××÷÷÷÷÷××××××

3 hours ago, mirmz said:

did you guys ever have that one teacher that always spells your name wrong too? or is it just me?

My full name's a mouthful, but so far it's almost not misspelled. To address me my teachers would often use my first name, while very, very few called me by my shorter second name. 

Some don't pronounce my name correctly though, even until now. Hahaha!

• Like 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 4

39 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

My full name's a mouthful, but so far it's almost not misspelled. To address me my teachers would often use my first name, while very, very few called me by my shorter second name. 

well at least you get yours spelled right! :D

• Like 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 4

15 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Problem is, I sometimes didn't know I was being called. :lol:

ahhh i get what you mean 

i have this friend and he has this really long hyphenated last name so when people try to pronounce it for the first time it kinda sounds like they're speaking gibberish. 

• LOL 5
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 2

+2

tenor.gif

@sadthe1st @Min2206  @mirmz @MayanEcho @Catleya @4evrkdrama @forme26 fi @Jillia @joccu @kokodus@Lmangla  @Nodame @pompyavi @Sejabin @corey @larus @twinkle_little_star @Ameera Ali @Sleepy Owl @iksunijini  @partyon @Ernie @Sarang21

For those residing in US, congratz on Joe Bidin being sworn in as President of the United State.

Did not he is the oldest President at age 78.

@sadthe1st - missed the kueh karas, long time no eat.

@twinkle_little_star - how long has LMH being your oppa.

@Catleya  - the strawberry swiss roll is very tempting & delicious.

@joccu - I am watching Youn's Stay, love the reality show and I did give my thoughts on the thread.

btw, I also watched the previous Youn's Kitchen too.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 4

9 hours ago, 4evrkdrama said:

you kuih kerras reminded me of kunafa for no reason !

It’s an arabian sweet !

what does kuih kerras taste like ?

rice crackers ? Sweet ? 

it's mild sweet, light and crumbly.. and it looks like puttu mayam except instead of steamed, its fried?

i super love it!

below is a random search on yt on how it's being done.. wow, i'm impressed!

that's a lot of cream cakes pics the whole night.. hahaha getting all sweet and passionate!!

5 hours ago, mirmz said:

did you guys ever have that one teacher that always spells your name wrong too? or is it just me?

well, it still happens to me now and then at work.. i alr sign off with a shorter ver of my name but when people replied, they type in full and still have it wrong.. even though my email address has it spelled there.. lol oh well. but i'm fine with that

Big Brother Shrug GIF by Big Brother After Dark

good morning @Thong Thin

hi there @mirmz and @MayanEcho who is still wide awake at 5+ in the morning!! lol

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 5

@Sleepy Owl maybe am biased over underdogs getting succeeded.

And maybe that’s the reason I love and biased over BTS ! 
Their song lyrics itself resonates with everyone. (That adds more to my love towards them).

spacer.png

Hoping and wishing that let them continue to get what they deserve.

let them too get healed as they heal persons all over the world.

@Min2206 there are many flavors for kunafa ranging from cheese, nutella,banana etc 

@MayanEcho me too..

I love baklava spacer.png

have you tried Babousa ?!

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 4

9 hours ago, mirmz said:

because ever single time my choir teacher has to put my name on a paper she always spells it wrong. AND she always spells my sister's name wrong too, even after i tell her a BIJILLION TIMES! i still like my choir teacher fine tho.

It often happened to me but i was used to it.

Started listening to its mispronunciations right from kindergarten !

But the thing is there was one teacher during my high school days who would not call anyone by name but ...... YOU !

yeah she calls some of us (among our friends) as YOU

Pointing a finger 

And say - “YOU”

and when we stand up, she says “who told you to stand up ?”

And when we wouldn’t 

she says “where are you looking at? I say YOU ! “ 

(here I is teacher - herself )

spacer.png

I still don’t get her YOU principle 

• Like 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 3
  • Blob 4

bfece0030e696542ce537dca180f6f88.gif

Congratulations to American folks in this thread, for the inauguration of their new President and Vice President.

I admit watching almost every swearing in for the singing of The Star Spangled Banner. Almost every singer has their own versions and take of the national anthem. 

• Like 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 5

good morning everyone!

@4evrkdrama ~ in case you are not aware, just letting you know there is a BTS thread in the kpop section where you can meet other chingus who love BTS.  :)

@mirmz ~ for some reason, would get different pronunciation / accent on my first name which used to drive me nuts. so I started using my middle name in school after a certain grade and used my first name as my 'house name' -- so only for family. 

on to some fangirling. hahahah..

@kokodus ~ isn't it so much easier to be a little child? you just tell how you feel! love how yusuf is stating what he would like without fear or embarrassment - he wants his uncle and aunt to be his parents. awww. watch seher try to explain how people get married to little yusuf while yaman says nothing. bwahahahaha.... :joy:

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 5

Morning Chingus
@Thong Thin @MayanEcho @mirmz @sadthe1st @Catleya @4evrkdrama

8 hours ago, mirmz said:

because ever single time my choir teacher has to put my name on a paper she always spells it wrong. AND she always spells my sister's name wrong too, even after i tell her a BIJILLION TIMES! i still like my choir teacher fine tho.

26 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

@mirmz ~ for some reason, would get different pronunciation / accent on my first name which used to drive me nuts. so I started using my middle name in school after a certain grade and used my first name as my 'house name' -- so only for family. 

4 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Wrong spelling, no.  But calling your surname wrongly, YES!    My case is more like @MayanEcho's and @Lmangla

Every time when it comes to attendance marking, you know they go by alphabets, so when it comes to my surname, the teacher(s) will pause, trying to roll her/his tongue and I KNEW that it's my name.  So when I hear that it almost sounded like my father's surname, I raised my hand and called out loud  "YES".   :D  
They can't pronounce my first and surname ... middle name okay .. duhhh

@Nodame   one day, one day, when the corona is gone
The winter blues aren’t always a bad thing.  Photo credit: @cyngriggs

@sadthe1st  Thanks for the kuih karas clip - interesting to see that hook hovering above the wok.  And that wooden bowl with holes.

@Catleya  Should thank you for all beautiful cake pictures of yours.  I used to go through cake-making on IG, truly admiring their cake decorating skills.

@4evrkdrama  I am not sure what flavour I ate.  The last time I had kunafa was a gift from our Egyptian partners - it was passed round during our conference meeting.  I remember it was sweet yet it tasted so good that I went for 2nd round after the meeting.  Hehe

1 hour ago, 4evrkdrama said:

But the thing is there was one teacher during my high school days who would not call anyone by name but ...... YOU !

yeah she calls some of us (among our friends) as YOU

Pointing a finger 

And say - “YOU”

and when we stand up, she says “who told you to stand up ?”

And when we wouldn’t 

she says “where are you looking at? 
I say YOU”

I still don’t get her YOU principle 

That teacher is rude.  Did you really say "YOU" back to her?    LOLLLL  

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thirsty 1