[Current Drama 2024] The Atypical Family/Although I Am Not a Hero, 히어로는 아닙니다만-Chun Woo Hee & Jang Ki Yong- Sat&Sun@10:30 p.m. KST

larus

atypical-family.jpeg

Drama: Although I Am Not a Hero/ The Atypical Family (English title)

Hangul: 히어로는 아닙니다만

Genre: action, romance, fantasy

Network:JTBC

Episodes: 12

Director: Jo Hyun Taek

Writer: Joo Hwa Mi

Release Date: May 4, 2024- June 9, 2024

Runtime:Saturday, Sunday at 10:30 p.m. KST

Production Company:

OST:

Official site:

Plot

Although I Am Not a Hero tells the story of a man from a once-supernatural family whose members have now lost their super powers. Jang Hae Ju is one of those people but, even without his super hero powers, he still manages to save a woman’s life.

Although I Am Not a Hero revolves around a family who lost their superpowers due to depression, insomnia, bulimia, smartphone addiction, and more. Only happy times can bring back their abilities. 

Cast

Jang Ki Yong as Bok Gwi Joo

Chun Woo hee as Do Da Hae

Character descriptions

Bok Gwi Joo (Jang Ki Yong)  lost his psychic power because he was suffering from depression. He dwells on his past happiness makes his ability fade away as time goes by. His unhappy life will change after she meets Do Da Hae.

Do Da Hae (Chun Woo hee) is a mysterious woman who suddenly appears in front of the family with superpowers. She starts living with the family who lost their abilities due to different disorders. 

Posters

Spoiler

Although-I-Am-Not-a-Hero.jpeg

Teasers/Trailers

Spoiler

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Like 1

• larus changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2024] Although I Am Not a Hero, 히어로는 아닙니다만-Chun Woo Hee & Jang Ki Yong

Jang Ki Yong In Talks To Star In New Fantasy Drama Following Military Discharge

Feb 10, 2023
by S. Kim

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Jang Ki Yong may be starring in a new drama!

On February 10, Star News reported that actor Jang Ki Yong was offered the role of the male lead in the new drama “Although I Am Not a Hero” (literal title).

In response to the report, Jang Ki Yong’s agency YG Entertainment shared, “It is true that our agency actor Jang Ki Yong received a casting offer from ‘Although I Am Not a Hero.’ However, [his appearance in the drama] has not been confirmed yet, and he is currently reviewing [the offer].”

“Although I Am Not a Hero” tells the story of a supernatural family who lost their powers. The drama will be directed by Cho Hyun Tak, who helmed the dramas “Maids,” “Mirror of the Witch,” “SKY Castle,” and “Snowdrop,” and will be scripted by writer Joo Hwa Mi who wrote the dramas “Waiting for Love,” “Marriage, Not Dating,” “Introverted Boss,” and “Meow, the Secret Boy.”

Jang Ki Yong was reportedly offered the role of the male lead who loses his superpowers due to a modern disease in “Although I Am Not a Hero.”

Jang Ki Yong enlisted in the millitary in August 2021 and is set to be discharged on February 22. He previously received much love from viewers through dramas including “Now, We Are Breaking Up” and “My Roommate is a Gumiho.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1566171wpp/jang-ki-yong-in-talks-to-star-in-new-fantasy-drama-following-military-discharge

Jang Ki Yong Offered Starring Role in “Although I Am Not a Hero”

Posted on March 5, 2023 by Kay
my-roommate-is-a-gumiho-jang-ki-yong-5.j

Jang Ki Yong (Now, We Are Breaking Up) has been offered a starring role in the new Korean drama Although I Am Not a Hero. Although I Am Not a Hero is a fantasy drama about a family with supernatural abilities who lose their powers.

Jang Ki Yong would play a member of the family who loses his powers due to an illness. The drama comes from the PD of Snowdrop and the writer of Meow, the Secret Boy.

https://kdramakisses.com/2023/03/05/jang-ki-yong-offered-starring-role-in-although-i-am-not-a-hero/

Jang Ki Yong in talks to star in fantasy drama 'Though I'm Not a Hero'

1640485681-jang-ki-yong-main-2.jpg

Jang Ki Yong is in talks to star in the fantasy drama 'Though I'm Not a Hero'.

On February 10, reports revealed Jang Ki Yong was offered a lead role in the upcoming drama, and his label YG Entertainment responded, "It's true our label actor Jang Ki Yong received a casting offer for 'Though I'm Not a Hero'. However, it has not yet been confirmed."

'Though I'm Not a Hero' centers around a supernatural family who lose their powers.

In other news, Jang Ki Yong is set to be discharged from his military service on February 22 KST.

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2023/02/jang-ki-yong-in-talks-to-star-in-fantasy-drama-though-im-not-a-hero

• Like 2

Chun Woo Hee to star with Jang Ki Yong in Although I Am Not a Hero? They’d make a great couple

Although-Im-Not-a-Hero-main-cast.jpg

It is looking very much like Korean actress Chun Woo Hee will be the female lead in the upcoming K-drama Although I Am Not a Hero.

According to her agency H& Entertainment, the 35-year-old actress has been offered the female lead in the upcoming fantasy not-a-super-hero drama, but she has not yet accepted the part.

As we all know, though, once an agency comments, it often means an actor or actress is very close to closing a deal.

Let’s hope that is the case for Chun Woo Hee with Although I Am Not a Hero, as her co-star would likely be Jang Ki Yong.

He of My Roommate is a Gumiho and Sh**ting Stars fame, and an actor who is also considering an offer for the same drama.

Sure, it may just be me, but I think Chun Woo Hee and Jang Ki Yong would make a great couple, don’t you?

Although I Am Not a Hero tells the story of a man from a once-supernatural family whose members have now lost their super powers.

Jang Ki Yong is one of those people but, even without his super hero powers, he still manages to save a woman’s life.

That woman is Do Da Hae (who will be played by Chun Woo Hee if she accepts the part) and, as you might guess, the couple’s lives become intertwined after that important moment.

Although I Am Not a Hero (known as 히어로는 아닙니다만 in Korean) is being directed by Jo Hyun Taek (SKY Castle and Snowdrop), and was written by Joo Hwa Mi who is already known for Introverted Boss and Meow, The Secret Boy.

As for Chun Woo Hee, she is already playing two main roles this year in the dramas Money Game and Beneficial Fraud.

She also just starred in the lead role of Lee Na Mi in the stylish thriller Unlocked. A film that hit Netflix last week.

In other words, if Chun Woo Hee accepts the role of Do Da Hae alongside Jang Ki Yong in Although I Am Not a Hero, 2023 is likely to be a year in which this superb actress earns even more loyal fans.

https://leosigh.com/chun-woo-hee-to-star-with-jang-ki-yong-in-although-i-am-not-a-hero-theyd-make-a-great-couple/

Chun Woo Hee in Talks to Join Jang Ki Yong in a New Fantasy Romance Drama

by krishkim

chun-woo-hee.png

Chun Woo Hee was offered the lead role in Although I Am Not a Hero (literal title).

On Monday, H& Entertainment told OSEN, “It’s true that the actress received an offer from Although I Am Not a Hero. But it’s one of the projects she got an offer from.”

Although I Am Not a Hero depicts the story of a family with superpowers who lost their ability due to modern disease. It’s known to be a fantasy healing romance drama about Bok Gwi Ju, a man who was never able to save anybody despite his powers, finally saving Do Dae Hae, the woman of his destiny.

This upcoming project comes from SKY Castle director Cho Hyun Tak and Marriage Not Dating and Introverted Boss writer Joo Hwa Mi. It was reported earlier this month that Jang Ki Yong, who recently finished his military service, is considering Although I Am Not a Hero as his comeback drama.

Meanwhile, Chun Woo Hee recently starred in the Netflix movie Unlocked and will return to the small screen with Beneficial Fraud (literal title) and Money Game.

https://zapzee.net/2023/02/27/chun-woo-hee-in-talks-to-join-jang-ki-yong-in-the-new-fantasy-romance-drama/

• Like 2

by lo_ve, July 18, 2023
4 4

Chun Woo Hee is confirmed to star in the upcoming JTBC K-Drama Although I Am Not a Hero.

On July 18th, Chun Woo Hee's agency confirmed the reports that the actress will be starring in the upcoming K-drama Although I Am Not a HeroShe will reportedly work alongside Jang Ki Yong who will return to K-dramas after recently finishing his military duties.

According to H& Entertainment, Chun Woo Hee will begin filming for the upcoming K-drama this August. 

This will be the next work of the actress after her tvN K-drama Delightfully Deceitful. Aside from that, Chun Woo Hee is also expected to lead the upcoming K-drama  Money Game with Ryu Joon Yeol, Park Jung Min, Park Hae Joon, Bae Sung Woo, and Moon Jung Hee

Meanwhile, if Jang Ki Yong confirms his casting, this will be his first series after two years. He last starred in the 2021 K-drama Now, We Are Breaking Up with Song Hye Kyo, Kim Joo Heon, Park Hyo Joo, Choi Hee Seo, and Yoon Na Moo

Jang Ki Yong finished his military service last February 2023. Many are already anticipating the comeback project of the actor after being on hiatus for almost two years. 

wJA0vg_2f.jpg

Although I Am Not a Hero will tell the story of a family who were once blessed with superpowers. Because of modern diseases, this family lost their special ability. 

The upcoming K-drama will be the collaboration work of director  Jo Hyun Taek (Snowdrop and SKY Castle) and writer Joo Hwa Mi (Introverted Boss).

Chun Woo Hee will play the role of Do Da Hae. She is the person that will be saved by the man who lost his superpowers. 

Jang Ki Yong got the offer to play the role of Jang Hae Ju. He is part of the family that once had superpowers. Although he doesn't have the special ability anymore, he still got to save a woman from a circumstance.

According to reports, the K-drama will already begin filming next month. There are no official details yet on the broadcast channel and release date of Although I Am Not a Hero.

Source

https://mydramalist.com/article/chun-woo-hee-confirmed-to-star-in-although-i-am-not-a-hero-jang-ki-yong-still-in-talks

• Like 2

News bites: July 19, 2023

by tccolb

BF.34001530.1.jpg

Jang Ki-yong (Now, We Are Breaking Up) confirmed his post-army project, playing a superhero who loses his powers in Although I Am Not a Hero. Also starring Chun Woo-hee (Delightfully Deceitful), filming is set to begin next month with Joo Hwa-mi (Welcome, Marriage Not Dating) writing and PD Jo Hyun-tak (Snowdrop, SKY Castle) at the helm. [10 Asia]

https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/07/news-bites-july-19-2023/

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Jang Ki Yong And Chun Woo Hee Confirmed To Star In New Drama

Aug 29, 2023
by S. Kim

20230829031253_jang-chun-01.jpg?s=900x60

Warning: contains mentions of disorders including mental disorders and eating disorders.

Jang Ki Yong and Chun Woo Hee will be starring in the new JTBC drama “Although I Am Not a Hero” (literal title)!

“Although I Am Not a Hero” tells the story of a supernatural family who lost their powers. The drama will be directed by Cho Hyun Tak, who helmed the dramas “Maids,” “Mirror of the Witch,” “SKY Castle,” and “Snowdrop,” and will be scripted by writer Joo Hwa Mi, who wrote dramas including “Waiting for Love,” “Marriage, Not Dating,” “Introverted Boss,” and “Meow, the Secret Boy.”

Jang Ki Yong will take on the role of Bok Gwi Joo, a man who lost his psychic power due to depression. Bok Gwi Joo’s supernatural ability enables him to return to the past but only to the times he was happy. As he can’t change the past, there is nothing he can do other than dwell on his past happiness, which is also fading away along with his ability. However, Bok Gwi Joo’s unhappy life faces a change when Do Da Hae appears in front of him.

Chun Woo Hee will play the role of Do Da Hae, a suspicious woman who appears in front of a family with supernatural powers. While planning to take on a new challenge, Do Da Hae gets entangled with Bok Gwi Joo, who is suffering from depression and has lost his psychic power, and his family, who also lost their abilities due to insomnia, bulimia, and a smartphone addiction, and starts living with the Bok family as if it is fated to be.

Jang Ki Yong, who was discharged from the military earlier in February, remarked, “It’s been a long time since I’ve worked on a project, so I’m working on it half with excitement and half with anticipation. I will keep this pleasant excitement until the end and greet viewers with a great project. Please show lots of anticipation and interest.”

Chun Woo Hee, who received great love from viewers through various projects, also shared, “‘Although I Am Not a Hero’ is a heartwarming drama about family and happiness. I’m looking forward to what my chemistry will be like with great actors including Jang Ki Yong. I hope we will be happy during filming. Please show lots of interest [for our drama].”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1610009wpp/jang-ki-yong-and-chun-woo-hee-confirmed-to-star-in-new-drama

• Like 2

August 29 2023

Jang Ki-Yong & Chun Woo-Hee cast in JTBC drama “Although I Am Not a Hero”

Although-I-Am-Not-a-Hero-SM1.jpeg

Jang Ki-Yong & Chun Woo-Hee are cast in JTBC drama series “Although I Am Not a Hero” (literal title). The drama series features a fantasy-romance screenplay written by Joo Hwa-Mi (“My Shy Boss“) and directed by Jo Hyun-Tak (“SKY Castle“). For actor Jang Ki-Yong, “Although I Am Not A Hero,” will mark his first acting role since he was discharged from the South Korean military on February 22, 2023. His last acting roles were 2021 Netflix movie “Sweet & Sour” and SBS drama series “Now, We Are Breaking Up.”

“Although I Am Not a Hero” will air sometime next year in South Korea.

Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki: Bok Gwi-Joo (Jang Ki-Yong) and his family were born with different supernatural powers. Bok Gwi-Joo is able to travel back in time, but only to happy times in his life. He can’t change the past, so he can only dwell on those happy moments. Bok Gwi-Joo becomes afflicted with depression and this leads him to lose his supernatural power. His family also loses their own powers due to modern day problems like insomnia, bulimia, and smartphone addiction. One day, Do Da-He (Chun Woo-Hee) happens to get involved with Bok Gwi-Joo and his family. She begins to live with them and change occurs.

https://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/jang-ki-yong-chun-woo-hee-cast-in-jtbc-drama-although-i-am-not-a-hero

• Like 2

by lo_ve, August 29, 2023
10 2

Jang Ki Yong and Chun Woo Hee will officially lead the upcoming K-drama Although I Am Not a Hero.

On August 29th, Jang Ki Yong officially confirmed his casting for Although I Am Not a HeroChun Woo Hee announced back in July that she is joining the upcoming K-drama.

Although I Am Not a Hero will revolve around a family who lost their superpowers due to depression, insomnia, bulimia, smartphone addiction, and more. Only happy times can bring back their abilities. 

The upcoming K-drama will be directed by Jo Hyun Taek (Snowdrop, SKY Castle, and Mirror of the Witch), and the script will be written by Joo Hwa Mi (Meow, the Secret Boy, Introverted Boss, and Marriage, Not Dating).

Jang Ki Yong will play the role of Bok Gwi Joo. He lost his psychic power because he was suffering from depression. He dwells on his past happiness makes his ability fade away as time goes by. His unhappy life will change after she meets Do Da Hae. 

Chun Woo Hee will portray the character named Do Da Hae. She is a mysterious woman who suddenly appears in front of the family with superpowers. She starts living with the family who lost their abilities due to different disorders. 

Although I Am Not a Hero will premiere in 2024. The upcoming K-drama will exclusively air on JTBC. 

jQWN0w_2f.jpg

This will be the comeback K-drama of Jang Ki Yong after his military service. The actor shared his thoughts on joining the upcoming K-drama, "It's been a long time. I'm half excited and nervous. I will take this pleasant excitement until the end and will greet viewers with great work." 

Chun Woo Hee also shared her thoughts on starring in  Although I Am Not a Hero, "The series will showcase the warmth and happiness of a family. I'm looking forward to working with Jang Ki Yong in the K-drama. I hope that we'll enjoy the filming."

https://mydramalist.com/article/jang-ki-yong-and-chun-woo-hee-confirmed-to-lead-a-new-jtbc-k-drama

• Like 2

Jang Ki Yong and Chun Woo Hee Team up for New Fantasy Romance Drama

Hana LeeHana Lee

collage-6-768x512.jpg

Jang Ki Yong and Chun Woo Hee will star in a new JTBC drama titled Although I Am Not a Hero (literal title), set to premiere in 2024.

Although I Am Not a Hero is a fantasy romance drama about a guy with special abilities. Despite his inability to save those around him, he ultimately rescues the girl of destiny. The series is directed by SKY Castle director Cho Hyun Tak and written byMarriage, Not Dating writer Joo Hwa Mi. Kang Eun Kyung joins the series as a creator.

For his comeback project after his military service, Jang Ki Yong has taken on the role of a man named Bok Gwi Ju, who loses his psychic abilities due to depression. Gwi Ju has the ability to slip back in time only to moments of happiness, although he cannot change the past. In the midst of his superpowers and happiness fading away, a woman named Doh Dahae appears before him, and he starts to change.

Jang Ki Yong expressed his thoughts on the upcoming series, saying, “This is my first drama series in a while, so I’m approaching it with half excitement and half fear. I’ll carry this pleasant excitement to the end and present it as an even better work. I ask for a lot of expectations and interest.”

Chun Woo Hee takes on the role of the enigmatic woman Doh Dahae who appears before his family. Fate leads her to the Bok family, where each member has lost their abilities due to depression, insomnia, overeating, and smartphone addiction.

Chun Woo Hee commented, “Although I Am Not a Heros is a heartwarming drama about family and happiness. I hope to be happy while filming. I ask for a lot of interest from all of you.”

https://www.mymusictaste.com/news/jang-ki-yong-and-chun-woo-hee-team-up-for-new-fantasy-romance-drama,8061/

• Like 2

Jang Ki-yong loses his powers in Although I’m Not a Hero

by solstices

Welcome back, Jang Ki-yong! Time has flown by since we last saw him on our screens in Now, We Are Breaking Up, and he already has a project lined up to celebrate his return from the military. Titled Although I Am Not a Hero, the JTBC fantasy-romance stars Jang Ki-yong as the titular protagonist who’s in a bit of a pickle.

See, the problem is that our not-hero actually used to be one — blessed with a supernatural gift, Bok Gwi-joo (Jang Ki-yong) once had the ability to travel back in time to relive joyful memories. Though he can’t change the past, simply basking in the bliss of these moments is enough to make these trips worth the journey. That is, until Gwi-joo develops depression, leaving him bereft of his powers and marking the end of his time-slip adventures.

Unable to return to the happiness of the past, Gwi-joo is stuck trudging through his days until the mysterious Do Da-hae shows up at his front door. Played by Chun Woo-hee (Delightfully Deceitful), Da-hae begins cohabiting with the Bok family, who are all contending with their own issues. As an unexpected addition to the household, Da-hae is quite the enigma — but it seems she’ll be the catalyst that spurs the Bok family to overcome their afflictions.

Matriarch Bok Man-heum, played by industry veteran Go Du-shim (Island), may have welcomed Da-hae under her roof, but she’s not one to be trifled with. Having witnessed her heroic ancestors being exploited for their powers, Man-heum has resolved to live a quiet life away from prying eyes. Her first priority is her immediate family, and she’s been using her precognitive dreams to accumulate wealth slowly but steadily. Now that her insomnia precludes a good night’s sleep, though, Man-heum is no longer able to capitalize on her visions.

Rounding out the Bok household is Soo-hyun (Chimera) as Gwi-joo’s noona Bok Dong-hee, who soared both figuratively in her runway career as well as literally with her flying superpowers. However, her struggles with disordered eating have since clipped her wings, leaving her unable to take flight.

With the drama covering a range of sensitive topics — and very pertinent ones at that — I’m certainly hoping it handles them with the appropriate nuance and respect. If it does, then I think this could shape up to be quite the healing tale, and I’d definitely be looking forward to that.

Directed by Jo Hyun-tak (Snowdrop) and written by Joo Hwa-mi (Welcome), with production being overseen by content creation studio Gleline and writer Kang Eun-kyung (Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim 3), Although I’m Not a Hero is aiming for a 2024 premiere.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/09/jang-ki-yong-loses-his-powers-in-although-im-not-a-hero/

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
Spoiler

Jang Ki Yong, Chun Woo Hee, Claudia Kim, And More Showcase Profound Acting Skills At Script Reading For New Drama

Jang Ki Yong, Chun Woo Hee, Claudia Kim, And More Showcase Profound Acting Skills At Script Reading For New Drama

JTBC’s upcoming drama “Although I Am Not a Hero” (literal title) has shared a sneak peek of the first script reading!

Warning: contains mentions of mental disorders and eating disorders.

“Although I Am Not a Hero” tells the story of a supernatural family who lost their powers. The drama will be directed by Cho Hyun Tak, who helmed the dramas “Maids,” “Mirror of the Witch,” “SKY Castle,” and “Snowdrop,” and will be scripted by writer Joo Hwa Mi, who wrote dramas including “Waiting for Love,” “Marriage, Not Dating,” “Introverted Boss,” and “Meow, the Secret Boy.”

The main cast members including Jang Ki Yong, Chun Woo Hee, Go Doo Shim, Claudia Kim, Oh Man Seok, and Park So Yi as well as director Cho Hyun Tak and writer Joo Hwa Mi gathered at the script reading, showcasing their passion.

Jang Ki Yong, who returns to the small screen for the first time after being discharged from the military, takes on the role of Bok Gwi Joo. Bok Gwi Joo has a supernatural ability that enables him to return to times in the past when he was happy, but he loses his power due to depression.

not-a-hero-01.jpeg

Chun Woo Hee transforms into Do Da Hae, a suspicious woman who appears in front of the Bok family who all lose their supernatural abilities due to various disorders.

not-a-hero-02.jpeg

Veteran actress Go Doo Shim showcases her unrivaled acting skills by transforming into Bok Man Heum, who holds real authority in the Bok family. Bok Man Heum loses her psychic ability to see the future in her dreams due to insomnia.

not-a-hero-03.jpeg

Claudia Kim plays Bok Gwi Joo’s older sister Bok Dong Hee, who can no longer utilize her ability to fly due to bulimia.

Spoiler

not-a-hero-04.jpeg

Oh Man Seok breathes life into the character of Eom Soon Ku, the only person in the Bok family without any supernatural ability.

Spoiler

not-a-hero-05.jpeg

Last but not least, Park So Yi transforms into Eom Soon Ku’s lovely daughter Bok Yi Na, who worries her family due to the delayed emergence of a superpower.

Spoiler

not-a-hero-06.jpeg

The production team remarked, “Jang Ki Yong, Chun Woo Hee, Go Doo Shim, Claudia Kim, Oh Man Seok, and Park So Yi impressed everyone by showcasing great chemistry that is comparable to that of a real family from the beginning. Along with the solid performance of the cast, [‘Although I Am Not a Hero’] will be a special project that contains heart-fluttering romance, warmth of a loving family, and even deep emotions.”

“Although I Am Not a Hero” is slated to premiere in 2024. Stay tuned!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1650462wpp/jang-ki-yong-chun-woo-hee-claudia-kim-and-more-showcase-profound-acting-skills-at-script-reading-for-new-drama

Script reading for healing fantasy Although I’m Not a Hero

by solstices

202403210948084403.jpg

It’s been two years since Jang Ki-yong (Now, We Are Breaking Up) last graced our screens, and his comeback project is finally kicking into gear. JTBC’s upcoming fantasy-romance Although I’m Not a Hero has commenced its promotion cycle with script reading stills, featuring the central characters of this healing tale.

Despite being blessed with extraordinary powers, the morale of our titular not-hero Bok Gwi-joo (Jang Ki-yong) has been slipping steadily. Ever since he developed depression, he’s been unable to harness his time-slip ability to relive joyful moments like he once used to. Talk about losing something just when you need it most! With no other way to chase happiness other than to grasp at straws in the present, Gwi-joo grows wearied and listless.

Alas, Gwi-joo’s family isn’t much better off. Although the superhuman feats run in the family, it seems this emotional slump has the entire household in its grasp. The clairvoyant matriarch Go Du-shim (Island) can’t see the future in dreams when she’s plagued by insomnia, and noona Soo-hyun (Chimera) finds herself grounded by her disordered eating. As for the late bloomer maknae Park So-yi (Revenant), she’s frustrated by how she hasn’t acquired her powers yet, and puberty isn’t helping her prickly mood. Even the only regular human in the family — the househusband dad Oh Man-seok (Wonderful World) — finds himself at a loss as to how he can help.

Just as Gwi-joo is lamenting his inability to save anyone, including himself, an unexpected meeting spurs a much-needed change. Do Da-hae — played by Chun Woo-hee (Delightfully Deceitful) — comes knocking on the Bok family’s door one day, an air of enigmatic mystery to her. Like a stroke of destiny, she’s in need of saving, and who should rescue her but Gwi-joo himself. Stunned by what he’s just managed to do, Gwi-joo begins to take his first step towards overcoming his affliction, and along the way, Da-hae will help the Bok family heal from their struggles too.

Helmed by PD Jo Hyun-tak (Snowdrop) with scripts by Joo Hwa-mi (Welcome), the drama’s production will be guided by content creation studio Gleline and writer Kang Eun-kyung (Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim 3). Although I’m Not a Hero is set to air on weekend nights, with its premiere episode coming to JTBC on May 4.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/03/script-reading-for-healing-fantasy-although-im-not-a-hero/

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

20240403103828_Although-I-Am-Not-a-Hero-

Chun Woo Hee Is A Mysterious Woman Who Suddenly Appears Before Jang Ki Yong And His Supernatural Family In New Drama

Apr 03, 2024
by M Lim

JTBC’s upcoming fantasy romance drama “Although I Am Not a Hero” (literal title) has unveiled its first poster!

“Although I Am Not a Hero” tells the story of a man from a supernatural family, who lost their extraordinary powers after suffering from very realistic issues, and the peculiar woman he meets by fate. The drama is directed by Cho Hyun Tak of “SKY Castle” and penned by writer Joo Hwa Mi of “Marriage, Not Dating.” Writer Kang Eun Kyung of “Dr. Romantic” also participated in the drama.

Jang Ki Yong takes on the role of Bok Gwi Joo. Bok Gwi Joo has a supernatural ability that enables him to return to times in the past, but he loses his power due to depression. Chun Woo Hee will play the role of Do Da Hae, a mysterious woman who appears in front of Bok Gwi Joo’s family.

The newly released poster shows the mysterious Do Da Hae taking center stage, standing before Bok Gwi Joo’s family. The Bok family members remain concealed behind curtains, evoking a sense of intrigue regarding the secrets they harbor and the true nature of their extraordinary abilities.

Bok Gwi Joo’s somber face and the haunting silhouette cast by his turmoil embody the weight of his depression.

Bok Man Heum (Go Doo Shim)’s resolute figure emanates strength and resilience, symbolizing her as the backbone of the Bok household. Bok Man Heum loses her psychic ability to see the future in her dreams due to insomnia.

Bok Dong Hee (Claudia Kim), Bok Gwi Joo’s sister who can no longer utilize her ability to fly due to bulimia, stands with a mischievous grin, hinting at the unpredictability of her character.

Bok Yi Na (Park So Yi), Bok Gwi Joo’s lovely daughter, radiates an enigmatic calmness with her poker face, her lack of shadow in the poster adding to the intrigue surrounding her yet-to-be-revealed superpower.

Lastly, Eom Soon Ku (Oh Man Seok) stands out as the nurturing father figure, diligently looking after the family despite being the only person in the Bok family without any supernatural ability.

Although-I-Am-Not-a-Hero.jpeg

“Although I Am Not a Hero” will premiere on May 4 at 10:30 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1652875wpp/chun-woo-hee-is-a-mysterious-woman-who-suddenly-appears-before-jang-ki-yong-and-his-supernatural-family-in-new-drama

• Like 1

by lo_ve, April 3, 2024
3 3

The upcoming action fantasy K-drama Although I Am Not a Hero will officially premiere this May.

On April 3, JTBC released the teaser poster for the upcoming K-drama Although I Am Not a Hero. Through the poster, it was also confirmed that the K-drama will premiere on May 4, 2024. It will be part of the Saturday and Sunday K-drama timeslot of JTBC. 

Although I Am Not a Hero will be led by Jang Ki Yong, Chun Woo Hee, Go Doo Shim, Kim Su Hyun, Park So Yi, and Oh Man Seok

The upcoming K-drama will tell the story of a suspicious woman who suddenly appears in front of a family who secretly has superpowers but lost their abilities due to chronic diseases. 

The K-drama is the collaboration work of director Jo Hyun Taek (Snowdrop, SKY Castle, and Mirror of the Witch), and scriptwriter Joo Hwa Mi (Meow, the Secret Boy, Introverted Boss, and Marriage, Not Dating).

In the released teaser poster, the superpower family is hiding behind the curtains while the suspicious woman is in front of them. Attention arises to what secrets and stories will be revealed about the extraordinary family and the woman who suddenly appeared.

Although I Am Not a Hero will air at 10:30 PM KST. It will exclusively air on JTBC.

E5pLBQ_2f.jpg

Jang Ki Yong will give life to the character named Bok Gwi Joo. He lost his ability to time slip because of his depression. His unhappy life will have a transformation after she meets Do Da Hae. 

Chun Woo Hee will portray the character named Do Da Hae. She is the mysterious woman who suddenly appeared in the life of the Bok family with hidden superpowers. 

Go Doo Shim will play the role of Bok Man Heum. She is the pillar of the Bok family. She is a visionary dreamer and currently suffers from insomnia.

Kim Su Hyun will be the oldest sister in the Bok Family. She is Bok Dong Hee and has the special ability to fly.

Park So Yi will be Bok In Ah in the series. She is expressionless and her family cannot read her emotions. 

Lastly, Oh Man Seok will play the role of Eom Soon Gu. He is the housekeeper who takes care of the Bok Family. 

https://mydramalist.com/article/jtbc-s-although-i-am-not-a-hero-confirmed-to-premiere-early-next-month

Watch: Chun Woo Hee Reveals Jang Ki Yong's Family Secrets In Teaser For New Fantasy Drama

Watch: Chun Woo Hee Reveals Jang Ki Yong's Family Secrets In Teaser For New Fantasy Drama "The Atypical Family"

JTBC’s upcoming fantasy romance drama “The Atypical Family” has unveiled its first teaser!

“The Atypical Family” tells the story of a supernatural family who lost their powers after suffering from very realistic issues. The drama is directed by Cho Hyun Tak of “SKY Castle” and penned by writer Joo Hwa Mi of “Marriage, Not Dating” and writer Kang Eun Kyung of “Dr. Romantic.” Chun Woo Hee stars as Do Da Hae, a mysterious woman who appears in front of Bok Gwi Joo’s (Jang Ki Yong’s) family.

The newly released teaser video begins as Do Da Hae reveals the secrets of the Bok family to others. She says, “There’s a secret in that family. I heard they are a family with supernatural abilities, but they lost their abilities due to modern-day diseases.”

The people react as if Do Da Hae’s words are nonsense, but the following clips show that the Bok family’s superpowers are real, from Bok Man Heum (Go Doo Shim), who loses her psychic ability to see the future in her dreams due to insomnia, to Bok Gwi Joo’s sister Bok Dong Hee (Claudia Kim), who can no longer utilize her ability to fly due to bulimia.

Bok Gwi Joo, who loses his ability that enables him to return to happier times in the past due to depression, also appears toward the end of the clip. Do Da Hae narrates, “Don’t you want to go back to the happy times?” as Bok Gwi Joo’s desperate facial expression appears on screen, raising anticipation for the drama.

Watch the full teaser below:

“The Atypical Family” will premiere on May 4 at 10:30 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1653272wpp/watch-chun-woo-hee-reveals-jang-ki-yongs-family-secrets-in-teaser-for-new-fantasy-drama-the-atypical-family

• larus changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2024] The Atypical Family/Although I Am Not a Hero, 히어로는 아닙니다만-Chun Woo Hee & Jang Ki Yong- Sat&Sun@10:30 p.m. KST- Premieres on May 4
by Lily Alice, April 5, 2024
1 0

JTBC's upcoming weekend drama Although I Am Not a Hero has unveiled its first teaser.

Although I Am Not a Hero tells the story of a family with superpowers who have lost their abilities due to chronic diseases common to modern-day people and a woman who becomes involved with them. 

The teaser commences with Do Da Hae (Chun Woo Hee) saying, "There's a secret in that house. They say they're a superpowered family," referring to the Bok family. In another scene, she gazes in amazement towards the magnificent Bok family mansion. 

kAYbYw_2f.png

When she says, "They say they lost their abilities because of chronic diseases," Do Da Hae and her companions can't hold back laughter, dismissing it all as made-up nonsense.

In the following scenes, the teaser gives a glimpse of the Bok family's superpowers in action. From Bok Man Heum (Go Doo Shim) with the power to see the future in her dreams to Bok Dong Hee (Kim Su Hyun, aka Claudia Kim) freely flying in the sky, the teaser shows they are indeed a superpower family.  

QJmWmv_2f.png

Then, the viewers see the Bok family facing crises. Scenes of a fire explosion and traffic accident raise questions about who the incidents happen to and what hidden stories lie behind them.

As Do Da Hae says, "Don't you want to go back to a happy time?" the teaser shows Bok Gwi Joo's (Jang Ki Yongdesperate face as he tightly shuts his eyes and tries to time slip.

Although I Am Not a Hero will premiere on May 4. More news about the K-drama's OTT streaming service is yet to come. Watch the teaser here

https://mydramalist.com/article/chun-woo-hee-gets-entangled-with-bok-family-in-although-i-am-not-a-hero

• Like 1

April 5 2024

Teaser trailer for JTBC drama “The Atypical Family”

The_Atypical_Family-teaserSM1.jpeg

First teaser trailer added for JTBC drama series “The Atypical Family” starring Jang Ki-Yong & Chun Woo-Hee. The fantasy-romance drama series revolves around a family that have supernatural powers, but currently are unable to use them for different reasons. Chun Woo-Hee plays a woman comes into the family’s lives. The teaser trailer states with Chun Woo-Hee as Do Da-Hae stating “There’s a secret in that family. Their secret is that they are family with supernatural powers, but they lost their powers due to modern problems. Don’t you want to go back to the time when you were happy?”

“The Atypical Family” first airs May 4, 2024 in South Korea.

Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki: Bok Gwi-Joo (Jang Ki-Yong) and his family were born with different supernatural powers. Bok Gwi-Joo is able to travel back in time, but only to happy times in his life. He can’t change the past, so he can only dwell on those happy moments. Bok Gwi-Joo becomes afflicted with depression and this leads him to lose his supernatural power. His family also loses their own powers due to modern day problems like insomnia, bulimia, and smartphone addiction. One day, Do Da-Hae (Chun Woo-Hee) happens to get involved with Bok Gwi-Joo and his family. She begins to live with them and change occurs.

https://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/teaser-trailer-for-jtbc-drama-the-atypical-family

• Like 1

Although I’m Not a Hero hints at superpowered secrets

by solstices

The first teaser for JTBC’s upcoming drama Although I’m Not a Hero is out, offering up a sneak peak into the lives of our titular not-hero and his extraordinary family. With their supernatural abilities, they have a lot on their plate, especially when an unexpected visitor comes knocking.

Intrigued by the rumors she’s heard, Do Da-hae — played by Chun Woo-hee (Delightfully Deceitful) — can’t resist gossiping about the mysterious Bok family to her friends. “That household harbors a secret,” Da-hae says, as mystical music plays. “Apparently, they’re a family with superpowers.” It’s such an outlandish notion that Da-hae can barely stifle her laughter, especially when she gets to the punchline. Supposedly, the Bok family lost their powers after developing ailments that their ordinary peers suffer from.

Da-hae’s curiosity winds up leading her right to the Bok family’s doorstep, though her intentions aren’t clear as of yet. Does she simply want to investigate the peculiar claims? Or does she have an ulterior motive in approaching them? Da-hae seems to have an inquisitive air about her, but given her skeptical snickering earlier, it seems like she’s leaning on the side of cynical doubt.

Except she’s about to be proven wrong. It may sound like a ridiculous tale to anyone who’s listening, but the Boks do indeed possess superpowers. Granny Go Du-shim (Island) sees the future in her dreams, and big sis Soo-hyun (Chimera) soars between skyscrapers in the cover of night. As for little sis Park So-yi (Revenant), the nature of her latent powers is yet unrevealed, but we get a glimpse of her eyes glowing a metallic blue.

With great power, though, comes great calamity. Between explosions, car crashes, and a case of near-drowning, it appears that these superpowers bring disaster in their wake. It’s no wonder that our former hero Bok Gwi-joo — played by Jang Ki-yong (Now, We Are Breaking Up) — has slipped into a state of depression, as evidenced by the bottles of alcohol strewn about his messy room. As the teaser closes on Gwi-joo squeezing his eyes shut in a fervent wish, Da-hae narrates, “Don’t you want to go back to those happy times?”

Directed by PD Jo Hyun-tak (Snowdrop) and written by Joo Hwa-mi (Welcome), with the content creation studio Gleline and writer Kang Eun-kyung (Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim 3) overseeing production, Although I’m Not a Hero is slated for a May 4 premiere.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/04/although-im-not-a-hero-hints-at-superpowered-secrets/

• Like 2