Add and Subtract Game

Admin

haai

@iksunijini wishing that you too have a good and positive day today ! Stay safe safe and eat well chinkuyaa :heartxoxo:

@Sleepy Owl Ohh so you are fan ah in of bts (fan anjiyodu injoenghae) !

which is your fav song recent bts song ? Apart from spring day or title tracks which songs did you like !

feel free to decline to answer if you feel it boring to answer 

:hwaiting2:

@Min2206 which all are your other Indian foods that’s in your favorite list ?

@Thong Thin got a lot to speak to you !

:happydance:

There is a branch in Jeddah (KSA) that sells basbousa called - Bsbosati

https://www.bsbosatiksa.com/ 
the basbousa (of different flavours) they sell over there is mouth watering and we can’t resist to eat it (the taste is more than a normal cake) 

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 4

45 minutes ago, Min2206 said:

And to think that this happens only in drama.

and to think we poke fun at daily dramas for its over-the-top random illogical plot lines. one never knows what could happen in real life! :sweatingbullets:

1 hour ago, MayanEcho said:

The backlash began and was exacerbated by Prada cutting its ties with her as the brand ambassador. It made international news since she was the shortest duration ambassador for the international brand, and the reason why.

so I was curious and reading up the effects of celebrity endorsement and scandal from a business perspective. it is really interesting how companies can handle this. so not all scandals are equal. with some, the companies do a wait and watch approach. it is also about how their image and business is linked to the endorsement. in others, they take swift action.

https://hbr.org/2019/05/when-scandal-engulfs-a-celebrity-endorser

it is not like we don't have custody disputes after a divorce or a parent chooses not to be involved at all in their children's life. those things are quite common in messy divorces. there are many celebs who are not good parents but it still does not affect their career. however, this particular scandal is really on a whole different level. the surrogacy, abandonment leading to a legal identity issue for the children and possible placement in foster care because she refuses to sign -- like @Min2206 noted, this is the kind of mess we generally see from a villain character in dramas and not exactly common place in real life.

am guessing that she and her family saw this as a typical divorce kind of dispute that no one would care about but the "what the????" level for this scandal was such that it made international news. prada cutting the endorsement was really a good call. they even pinned it to front page of their website/weibo. the backlash against prada was that severe and it would have not been worth it business wise to associate with her...

@4evrkdrama ~ that pic of basbousa looks so yum! am trying to think if I have ever had that sweet but not sure. should check if it is sold here. there is a store that does sell ME type sweets but not sure if this was one of them...

• Like 3
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 4

@Lmangla, @MayanEcho not sure whether she was too sure about it, since as she claimed what she did was not legally wrong or some other reasons, but this yet another example of celebs being completely different from what see on screen, especially in dramas/movies.

I for one know many people who fail to differentiate it, and are not ready to accept that the celeb they love is not like the perfect person they are shown in movies/dramas or sometimes how they are in reality shows. I tried to explain it to a friend of mine, mainly because this dude had started thinking negatively about this certain actor who was doing some really good "negative" roles, and after speaking to him a couple of times, I decided its better to let him think whatever he wants to. 

But then again, it is a two faced coin thing. There are many people who judge the celebs based on the roles they do, instead of thinking them as normal people just like us, who can also do wrong things or could be not so innocent and perfect as we think they are. Same goes with those who put a lot of effort in performing the negative roles perfectly, but then get judged just for that role. 

Although what this actress did, was something beyond normal for me. I would have been equally surprised with the story itself had it been a non-celeb doing it. Anyway, I just hope things be better for the kids, and they could live a good life with their father. 

1 hour ago, MayanEcho said:

There are rumours of her being difficult to work with due to her behaviour. In her latest variety show she apparently "stole" the props, and when she finally returned the items by mail, the postage has to be paid by the receiver...

I can't really help but laugh on it, no matter how many times I read it :loolz:

30 minutes ago, 4evrkdrama said:

@Sleepy Owl Ohh so you are fan ah in of bts (fan anjiyodu injoenghae) !

which is your fav song recent bts song ? Apart from spring day or title tracks which songs did you like !

feel free to decline to answer if you feel it boring to answer 

Well wouldn't really call myself a fan of theirs, like I check out their songs once in a while, but don't really follow the members. But then again I like them, and have some respect for them for being phenomenal and using it in a good direction. Their song lyrics have been good. 

As for the recent songs, I didn't really like any particular one. I heard them once and was done with it. Their Dynamite was good, but still I like the older ones. My favorite ones, as you know, most favorite one is "Spring Day", and then I have "Not Today", "Blood, Sweat and Tears" and "Mic Drop" in my mobile too, and listen to them from time to time.

The other Kpop songs I have been listening for some time now, and really them (along with their lyrics) are "Slump" and "Top" by Stray Kids who sang it for "Tower of God" anime as its opening and ending songs. 

So what about you Chingu? Which Kpop songs are your favorite? From Bts and other Kpop grous. 

26 minutes ago, Nodame said:

@Sleepy Owl True Beauty is a drama I am enjoying it so far. I heard better than the Webtoon (I have not read it). 

That's good Chingu. I will see whether I will try it out later or not. For now, I don't really think I will go for it. But if it is better than the Webtoon, then Kudos to the team to having pulled it off like that. 

• Like 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 4

@Thong Thin @Min2206 didn’t know puttu mayam is loved by many :happydance:

@Thong Thin yes am watching run on.

I love both the couples but it would be better if 2nd couple get more screen time :sparklyeyes:

am sad that they get less screen time.

Started watching it because of Im Siwan.He is such an underrated actor.

Have you watched his drama Misaeng (Incomplete Life ) 

I seriously can’t bear to handle Cha Eun Woo being overrated with his acting skills. Hope he will improve over the years.But male lead is not right for him with his current acting skills.

(am sorry if any offences ) :sweats:

And

@Thong Thin I started watching start up because of Nam joo hyuk but ended up falling in love with Kim seon ho. (Love his way of expressing emotions - indeed a born actor) 

His dimples are too cute to handle !spacer.png

But unfortunately dropped at ep 11, couldn’t handle writer stretching out the script with teasing Han Ji Pyeong’s feelings.

Waiting for him to pic a new drama 

guess he declined “Link “  (along with moon ga young ) and Lee Jun Ki accepted the script.

No update about Mr.Hong (along with shin minah) yet !

• Like 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 5

2 hours ago, 4evrkdrama said:

we Keralites call Puttu Mayam as Nool Puttu (where nool means thread) or Idiyappam/string hoppers !

this snack is definitely very creative.. we usually eat it for breakfast or teabreak... with fresh coconut shavings and orange sugar.. ^5 @Min2206

hi @iksunijini @Lmangla @Sleepy Owl @Nodame 

dance party GIF

i had a heavy lunch.. now i'm drinking roasted butterscotch latte.. and feeling sleepy..

+2

• Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 6

35 minutes ago, 4evrkdrama said:

@Thong Thin yes am watching run on.

I love both the couples but it would be better if 2nd couple get more screen time 

am sad that they get less screen time.

Started watching it because of Im Siwan.He is such an underrated actor.

Have you watched his drama Misaeng (Incomplete Life ) 

And

@Thong Thin I started watching start up because of Nam joo hyuk but ended up falling in love with Kim seon ho. (Love his way of expressing emotions - indeed a born actor) 

His dimples are too cute to handle !

But unfortunately dropped at ep 11, couldn’t handle writer stretching out the script with teasing Han Ji Pyeong’s feelings.

Waiting for him to pic a new drama 

guess he declined “Link “  (along with moon ga young ) and Lee Jun Ki accepted the script.

No update about Mr.Hong (along with shin minah) yet !

+2

I adore the 2nd couple, they are cute when comes to bickering / fighting.

This is my first ISiwan watch, i find him a bit "boring" .hehehe. no offence ya

Same here, how can we not fall in love with Mr Dimple, KSH :fullofhearts:

He is good when comes to crying.

Yes, can't wait for his next project, currently watching 2d1n

@sadthe1st do you mean brown sugar, never heard of orange sugar.

LOL, this thread has become foody thread...:joy:

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 4

29 minutes ago, 4evrkdrama said:

Start up was the worst drama I have seen by this writer. One of the reasons I decided to watch it was because I used to like her works, but she messed this one big time. 

10 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

Hey there Chingu :Pandabulous:

+2

• Like 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 5

12 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

Start up was the worst drama I have seen by this writer. One of the reasons I decided to watch it was because I used to like her works, but she messed this one big time. 

Hey there Chingu 

+2

+2

So, did you finished the drama.

I got smitten by 2nd ML and I am not a fan of the other ML.

@4evrkdrama - In fact I was rooting for HJP but  sad to say the ending was not what i expected.

• Like 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 5

7 minutes ago, Thong Thin said:

So, did you finished the drama.

I got smitten by 2nd ML and I am not a fan of the other ML.

@4evrkdrama - In fact I was rooting for HJP but  sad to say the ending was not what i expected.

Yeah I did end the drama. Didn't really the ML there, or maybe any other character apart from the 2nd ML and the grand mother. I disliked a lot of things about that apart from the never-ending useless love triangle. I was very much disappointed by how less screen Kang Han Na had, despite being labelled as the 2nd FL and you literally remove her from the drama and nothing much would change. She seemed too interesting to me, but no, they didn't use her character at all. 

The ML, I don't really know how I should describe him, but he remained immature till the end in my opinion. Not much development in his character, and for me, he was not really likeable. Nam Joo Hyuk was a fine actor, I don't really know whether they made him act that way in it, or he needs to brush up his skills, but his acting was also not so good, not as I had expected him to be. 

I started thinking it would concentrate more on the "Start Up" but it ended up being a "Love Triangle" drama with a pinch of Start up in it and some really unreal scenarios happening and not so good example of how to run a start up.

As for HJP getting the girl, I was sure he would not get her :loolz:

• Like 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 4

30 minutes ago, Thong Thin said:

do you mean brown sugar, never heard of orange sugar.

the sugar is more orangey than brown, that's why i din use "brown" hahahaha

putu+mayam2A.JPG

22 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

Start up was the worst drama I have seen by this writer.

chingu, u need to browse left right up down center to ensure there is no diehard hardcore fan lurking in case u get the "unamused" emoji lol

eyebrows GIF

uh oh.. i saw this True Beauty clip.. so as much as there is a Royal Snake in Mr Queen, here we have a Jealous Snake too

• LOL 4
  • Blob 1

2 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

chingu, u need to browse left right up down center to ensure there is no diehard hardcore fan lurking in case u get the "unamused" emoji lol

You are right though, I hope I don't get any 

tumblr_pu8feyHarW1se56q3o4_500.gif

+2

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 3

28 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

I had a heavy lunch.. now i'm drinking roasted butterscotch latte.. and feeling sleepy..

Yea @Thong Thin  this thread has become a sort of foodie thread .. food unite people LOL

@sadthe1st wow! roasted butter-scotch ... NICE !   

Despite what you guys said @Thong Thin @Sleepy Owl @4evrkdrama, I got the impression that  Start Up was pretty popular, seeing how the media pushing the articles and SNS keeps circulating the clips.   Guess those I see must also be either from Suzy's fans or Nam HJ's fans and yes that Kim Seon Ho's fans as well.  
Highlights of the Start-up press conference with Bae Suzy, Nam Joo-hyuk and  more | Her World Singapore

• Like 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 4

@Sleepy Owl ~ yea, it is interesting how an image can be very different from the actor. in some cases, people are very aware and I think a lot of it depends on the kind of cinema/dramas and the writing itself. there are some really popular villains out there and it is interesting because their actual persona is very different. however, they don't have a ego that they have to be the star and so take the role and make it shine. so they end up stealing the spotlight at times and it is really fun when that happens.

in the daily am watching, the villian got the best award at kbs this time and some in comments were laughing at her thank you speech that she was so happy with her witch role. was thinking that she is an actor and that role does not mean it is her character. so if she is happy to get some public recognition because people are tuning in to curse at her character, then she has indeed succeeded and deserves the prize.

I remember in one interview, an actor said those who play good roles are actually more constrained because they can get caught in an image. so to escape that, actors need to push and create a complex flawed character even if good -- so it feels real and not just one-note. this way, audience can see the actors as actors and not see the same role over and over that they start associating that role with the actor's real life.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 1