Joo Won 주원 [Current Drama 2024 - The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

By the way, re: the painting, there's also the MOMA's own description:

Spoiler

"In this unsettling image—the first in a series of four variations of Les Amants that Magritte painted in 1928—the artist invokes the cinematic cliché of a close–up kiss but subverts our voyeuristic pleasure by shrouding the faces in cloth. The device of a draped cloth or veil to conceal a figure’s identity corresponds to a larger Surrealist interest in masks, disguises, and what lies beyond or beneath visible surfaces. The melodramatic scene may also relate to the graphic illustrations that accompanied pulp fiction and thriller stories, which Magritte's friend Paul Nougé, in a letter from 1927, encouraged the artist to emulate."

Even though, as you guys said, art can just be art (and there's nothing wrong with JW liking a piece just because it looks cool or interesting), I do find this to be an interesting message, given that he's a celebrity in the public eye. It's almost like the people in the painting are asking for privacy, or are putting on a public face that's separate from their inner thoughts - and I think that's a feeling JW could relate to.

11 hours ago, flutterby06 said:

What I found interesting  mostly is that the male lead is with blonde hair. And they choose a picture of the only time Joo Won bleached his hair; right after he's done filming My Sassy Girl, some time before going to military. But he dyed most part of his hair tho. I wonder if they recommend him for this drama version of webtoon for the hair.

I remember Joo Won cutely asked the fans in vlive "Do you notice something different about me?" when he first informed his fans. Because honestly the way it was dyed you can't tell. It only become visible later when he did those Mountia/Mind bridge photoshoot and MSG drama press conference because some of the dye wear off giving his hair a beautiful shade.

He also informed when he told he'd bleach his hair his agency went into a emergency situation mode. Meaning it posed a alarming situation to the agency that their precious Joo Won will bleach his hair. I found that very sweet. And there are fans also left comments don't bleach your hair when it's already been done. Joo Won cutely reassured his fans that his hair is okay, his hair team did it with special care, and the color isn't so bright.

Oh, yeah, I remember that incident! It was funny because when he first mentioned bleaching his hair, it hadn't really "taken" yet, so no-one could see it and fans were just like, "Uh...what did you do...?" And then it started to become visible in his subsequent appearances, and it was like, "Oh, okay - looks cool, Oppa."

By the way, I really, really liked that reddish brown shade on him. Not to the extent that I'd want him to bleach his hair again (since that really does damage it in the long run), but I'm glad that this was the colour that resulted instead of a complete blond.

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, kittyna said:

By the way, I really, really liked that reddish brown shade on him. Not to the extent that I'd want him to bleach his hair again (since that really does damage it in the long run), but I'm glad that this was the colour that resulted instead of a complete blond.

Agreed on that.. as much as the idea of bleach isn't that great but the end result was pretty nice.. Joo Won looked so awesome with that hair.

I've said this before hair team is pretty good.. I'm appreciating most of the hair styles they come up for Joo Won. Of course Joo Won make those hair styles look way more cooler but I must say his team is doing their job pretty well. :approves:

And the 8th Support Truck in Carter Filming set appeared.

The caption said-

4회연속 커피차...감사합니다= Four coffee cars in a row.Thank you.

Good to see a appreciation post from production staff.

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, flutterby06 said:

The fanclub of Japan should be very active, nor the fanclubs from other countries that love Joo Won have yet sent him a truck of coffee, also it surprises me that with the drama bridal mask there has already been more fans in that country, the country that we least expected who supported him are supporting him I am very grateful to them for the trucks that they send him if there were any fanclub in my country I would support joo won by donating to the fanclub so that they scold joo won like the Japanese fans do I think besides that joo won cuties was another active fanclub in the previous years that badly that it has already disintegrated

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

4 hours ago, flutterby06 said:

Oh wow!! Joo Won's fans are really amazing. I'm moved too, along with Joo Won^^ I'm so happy he's receiving all that love and support. And that he feels his popularity through it. Hopefully he also feels how much we miss him... 

Here's Joo Won's insta story from today's support truck

spacer.png

Translation of his captions via papago:

또또 ♡= again again 

열심히 할게요 = I'll work hard / I'll do my best 

폭염 속 행복 = happiness amidst the heat wave 

내가 인기가 많구나 ♡ = I guess I'm (that) popular 

진심 짱 = you're really the best 

감동 = (I'm) deeply moved 

어깨 뽕 = shoulder pads 

(I have a feeling this indicates "pride", like: his shoulders are lifted, hence his use of the upward arrow^^)

사랑이 넘친다 = an overflow of love 

오늘도 불사지르겠다! = We're/I'm gonna burn today as well! (I guess that's literally and metaphorically?^^)

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

16 minutes ago, Calli said:

Oh wow!! Joo Won's fans are really amazing. I'm moved too, along with Joo Won^^ I'm so happy he's receiving all that love and support. And that he feels his popularity through it. Hopefully he also feels how much we miss him... 

또또 ♡= again again 

감동 = (I'm) deeply moved 

어깨 뽕 = shoulder pads 

(I have a feeling this indicates "pride", like: his shoulders are lifted, hence his use of the upward arrow^^)

오늘도 불사지르겠다! = We're/I'm gonna burn today as well! (I guess that's literally and metaphorically?^^)

I'm wowed too... Joo Won must be ecstatic.. credit goes to continuous effort from Korean and Japanese fan bases.. They're Jjang indeed.

The shoulder caption is something to do with shoulder lifted or raised with pride.. my understanding was that too @Calli

And burn today ' I also am confused whether to take it literally or nit.. like he'll burn with energy or will the heat burn him.. :idk:

Anyways I'm enjoying this sweet comments from Joo Won from receiving all these supports.. It's getting sweeter day by day.. :lollipop:

53 minutes ago, Andrea Balcazar said:

또또 ♡= again again 

감동 = (I'm) deeply moved 

어깨 뽕 = shoulder pads 

@Andrea Balcazar, sadly it will take some time for me to translate this properly at the moment, has work at hand. :cry: In case I'm done with work I'll do the translation.

@Calli In case you're here before me and have time kindly help with that translation. :cutekitty:

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

6 hours ago, Andrea Balcazar said:

The fanclub of Japan should be very active, nor the fanclubs from other countries that love Joo Won have yet sent him a truck of coffee, also it surprises me that with the drama bridal mask there has already been more fans in that country, the country that we least expected who supported him are supporting him

It does look surprising at first, but it's really because JW's Japanese fanbase was already well-established before Gaksital was filmed. King of Baking, Kim Tak Gu was really popular in Japan: JW and Yoon Si Yoon went over there to promote it through this whole series of interviews, fan meetings, etc., and that would have been many viewers' first encounter with JW.

Of course, there was plenty of reason to worry that Gaksital would turn Japanese viewers away from him - and references to his career in subsequent fanmeetings in Japan tended to skirt around it for a while, skipping straight from Ojakgyo Brothers to Level 7 Civil Servant. However, those Japanese fans who already knew and liked JW for his acting weren't fazed by his taking part in Gaksital and he gained plenty of new fans in his subsequent projects. ;) 

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

6 hours ago, flutterby06 said:

@Calli In case you're here before me and have time kindly help with that translation.

I finally solved my technical issue (my laptop was MIA almost the whole day today) and here is the papago/google/Calli translation of yesterday's snack truck support that @Andrea Balcazarasked for. I hope it's okay~~

"Support fairy auntie is cheering for the Carter team

Aaaa, heat wave warning

I'm here to cheer for the Carter team, who are shooting passionately (while) it's really really hot and without shade in a scene like the wilderness!!

An acquaintance who is a big fan of actor Joo Won shot a lot of flashy shots!
Croffle, sotteok sotteok, and red bean bingsu

It was the perfect menu to cheer for the tired staff.☺️

After setting everything up, we opened one hour before the scheduled opening for the staff!!
ㅋㅋ Everyone came and ordered a storm!
I could tell from the order sheet how hot and hard it was for everyone.

As soon as we opened, actornim (came) too and took red bean bingsu, croffle and sotteok.

So popular with the staff! Sotteok and croffle quickly sold out and we have made delicious drinks and red bean bingsu with sincerity ☺️

The actors who tasted watermelon juice
"Wow, what's this? Wow, that's awesome!"
"Did you put syrup in it?" I've only ground fresh fruit. That's awesome!"
"Yes, this is real! Watermelon juice!"
And you're addicted to watermelon juice.

Carter team/everyone, everything is so delicious, please enjoy it.
You tried everything and you kept coming, but I'm sorry I couldn't give you more :'( See you next time"

source: https://www.instagram.com/p/CRSukyJN0dV/?utm_medium=copy_link

and here's today's short review. A longer one will follow~~

"Today's support site
Netflix #Carter filming location 
-
This is my second visit to the Carter site.
Today, we are still supporting the wonderful actor #Joowon
-
Japan Orange Moon fans sent a cheering car 
A lot of people are filming outdoors in hot weather.
The order quantity is huge
-
I will do my best until the end.
I'll come back and post a review.
Thank you"

source: https://www.instagram.com/reel/CRTAEhbljoA/?utm_medium=share_sheet

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Blob 3

2 minutes ago, Calli said:

Finalmente resolví mi problema técnico (mi computadora portátil estuvo MIA casi todo el día de hoy) y aquí está la traducción de papago / google / Calli del soporte del camión de bocadillos de ayer que @Andrea Balcazarsolicitado. Espero que esté bien ~~

thank you for the translation:blush:

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

@Calli Thanks so much for your translation .. :kisslevel:

Oh.. some of the picture really shows how the weather is really hot because the sky is just so bright blue.

Today's shooting location said Daejeon

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRTUiPrMaeh/?utm_medium=copy_link

Probably yesterday's too.. because it does seem like a wilderness without shade just like it reported by cafe imoi. Do we see someone holding riffle?

Hope they can filming without being sick in this heat wave. 

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

2 minutes ago, flutterby06 said:

Probably yesterday's too.. because it does seem like a wilderness without shade just like it reported by cafe imoi. Do we see someone holding riffle?

Hope they can filming without being sick in this heat wave. 

The movie seems like it's going to be too good, I hope that with this it raises its fame more, it deserves it, I will do everything I can to share it on different pages when it opens and people see it.

• Like 2
  • Blob 3

@Calli @flutterby06 @kittyna @valinor500 @kireeti2was looking at previous posts on the facebook group of the joo won fanclub in thailand and I found this if you look at his eyes they have double eyelids so now I am very sure that joo won has never had any surgery https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=3840858122613748&id=431826266850301

• Like 6
  • Blob 1

Here is the longer report from yesterday's support truck for Joo Won~

source: https://www.instagram.com/p/CRT-8XstDy9/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

translation by papago/google (my comments in parentheses)

"The support site #Yoontruck  went to today
is the Netflix #Carter's filming location
-
This was my second visit to the Carter set.
Again this time, we supported actor #Joowon
-
It was commissioned by Japan Orange Moon fans
For actor Joo Won and the filming team who are filming passionately in the heatwave
#coffee #drink as a gift

Since they are filming in a rural area, we/I started out early.
They were filming in a place that seemed really hot, so as soon as the coffee truck appeared
I started setting up with a lot of interest from the staff
It was really hot today
The weather makes you sweat even if you stand still
The staff found a lot of cool coffee drinks
-
I quickly set it up for you.
The staff gave us a lot of orders for each team / Each staff team placed a lot of orders.
As soon as we started, they wrote down a jaw-dropping number.
It was hard, but for the actors and staff who are struggling in this weather,
We're off to a good start.

-

They ordered a lot of aid drinks because of the weather.
a lot of orders for #smoothie #monster power #ice americano #strawberry latte
I've been making it delicious for you.
-
Actor Joo Won drank flower water.
Grapefruit + cockscomb + apple mint flower water is carefully made to cheer you up in the hot weather
I made it in a large capacity in a tumbler.
-

There are a lot of people on site, and the filming location is outdoors, so please eat/drink as much as you want today.
I have prepared a lot for you.
I was with the Carter team for a long time, from morning to afternoon.
I finished packing the last coffee #can so that no one can't drink it (???)
Carter's team were all well mannered, so even though it was hard support (I guess because of the weather?)
it went well
Thank you everyone
Joo Won and the staff, I hope you stay healthy in this hot weather.
-
Thank you once again to the Japanese fans who ordered"

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 1

13 hours ago, Andrea Balcazar said:

@Calli @flutterby06 @kittyna @valinor500 @kireeti2was looking at previous posts on the facebook group of the joo won fanclub in thailand and I found this if you look at his eyes they have double eyelids so now I am very sure that joo won has never had any surgery https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=3840858122613748&id=431826266850301

Good to know... and either way we know that when he is asked which of his facial feature he liked best he said his eyes.. So it's very unlikely he'd do something over those regardless of double or monolid.

But remember before we talked how Joo Won said that his double eyelids keeps coming and going,... I think it's his usual eyelid condition.. specially his right eye's lid changes time to time.

8.jpg?type=w1200

Like K fans noticed that double eyelids are no back in both eyes in Japanese Magazine photoshoot. I was looking at of the those recent pictures Studio Santa Clause shared on different occasion like blue dragon film fest, Alice behind the scene, Knowing bro, Radio Star etc. and I noticed he mostly has double eyelid in his left eyes in most of the pictures, while there's only a slight crease on right eye and depending on angle that also disappears.

Another picture of both crease intact during Alice filming.

34_(2).jpg?type=w1200

Spoiler

monolid on his right eye.

15.jpg?type=w1200

A crease on right eye that almost disappeared.

38.jpg?type=w1200

I find that really interesting. Went to took at some of his photos to investigate more after @Andrea Balcazarpost.

Thanks for the translation @Calli:heart:  Looks like they really are having a hard time filming in summer weather.. enough that support truck staff also mentioning it. Carter team fighting..:thumbsup:

8 hours ago, Calli said:

I finished packing the last coffee #can so that no one can't drink it (???)

after listening to the text I think what it meant is that they used last of their coffee cup.. They served with their last coffee cup (available with them so none after that can order).

Hey Everyone, I noticed that birthday of Joo Won soompi thread is coming in 2 days. :partyblob:

Any idea how we can celebrate 11th anniversary of this thread? @kittyna @kireeti2 @Calli @Andrea Balcazar @valinor500 and also new members @Tongtong, @JooWon89?

I recommend sharing stories on-

1) How you met Joo Won first? First impression?

2) (if you remember) at which point you thought you became a fan of Joo Won? 

3) What made you join Joo Won Soompi thread?

What do you think?

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

Good to know... and either way we know that when he is asked which of his facial feature he liked best he said his eyes.. So it's very unlikely he'd do something over those regardless of double or monolid.

But remember before we talked how Joo Won said that his double eyelids keeps coming and going,... I think it's his usual eyelid condition.. specially his right eye's lid changes time to time.

If it is true and more verify that it is true because it says that sometimes the double eyelid comes and sometimes not at first I was like doubting if a surgery was done because I saw a photo that did not appear with double eyelid but with this photo you are sure not has double eyelids

What do you think?

I think it's a good idea

1) How you met Joo Won first? First impression

I initially met him in good doctor through videos that I saw that recommended that drama and I liked that genre and my first impression of joo won was that he was a great actor in some way I did not know him and he made me believe that he was autistic I really think it is because his acting was so good that I managed to believe that, being sincere I used to when I started watching dramas I did not see the appearance of the actors I only saw the dramas for fun so I did not care about the appearance of joo won at that time but then I continued with bridal mask I was wondering whether to see it or not because of the chapters and now I do not regret having seen it, I just loved it my favorite drama but in that drama I was struck by Joo Won's face was sexy and handsome

(if you remember) at which point you thought you became a fan of Joo Won? 

I think that at the moment I thought about becoming a fan of him was in bridal mask I was surprised before all his change of performance to see him act in such an innocent way in good doctor and bridal mask another way I really was left with my mouth open also as a change his voice definitely felt like he should continue his career

) What made you join Joo Won Soompi thread?

He made me join since I had no one to talk to about Joo Won I wanted to know how his other fans think of him

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

8 hours ago, flutterby06 said:

Like K fans noticed that double eyelids are no back in both eyes in Japanese Magazine photoshoot. I was looking at of the those recent pictures Studio Santa Clause shared on different occasion like blue dragon film fest, Alice behind the scene, Knowing bro, Radio Star etc. and I noticed he mostly has double eyelid in his left eyes in most of the pictures, while there's only a slight crease on right eye and depending on angle that also disappears.

lol - That reminds me that there was once this old article (I think Joo Won Cuties translated it...?) that was about how fans got two very different impressions from JW's two eyes. My memory is fuzzy, since I read it so long ago, but it was talking about how one eye looks sharper and more intense, while the other one looks more rounded and puppyish. It actually suggested taking a picture of JW and looking at one half of his face at a time to see the difference - and trust me, once you do that, you can't un-see it anymore.

8 hours ago, flutterby06 said:

What do you think?

Ooh...I like this! And I want to tag @partyon as well - which also doubles as my asking you to tag your usual group of friends ;) You know, the ones who show up whenever there's a poll or event....

As for me, let's see....

1. How I met JW first, and first impression

Okay, I've actually got a crazy-long fan journey/story, and I don't think I've ever shared the whole thing on this forum before. The thing is that I oftentimes say that my first JW drama was King of Baking, Kim Tak Gu (which is true), and that I first watched it in 2015 (also true). However, that's not my actual first encounter with JW, so you guys are getting something new from me today :) 

My first encounter with JW was entirely through hearsay. See, the rest of my family had actually started watching K-dramas before I did, and so they had already watched some of JW's dramas by the time I got into it. And at the time, none of us were all that great with the actors' names yet, so I just remembered overhearing a lot of references to "Ma Jun" or "the guy who plays Ma Jun" in their conversations. Eventually, that did progress to actual references to "Joo Won" (you know, once my family actually learned the name), and...I dunno why, but the name just really stuck with me. Like, there was no reason why both names (i.e. "Ma Jun" and "Joo Won") should stand out to me, especially in the midst of all the other names I heard being tossed about, but they did.

So, for instance, I distinctly remember conversations I heard just outside of my room about Level 7 Civil Servant (one person describing the opening meet-cute/blind date scene to another), and Good Doctor (something like "JW played someone with autism as well as Uhm Tae Woong did a blind man in Man from the Equator").

And all this got stuck in my head before I even knew who the heck JW was. Why? No idea - but am I glad it did :P 

2. How I became a fan

Some of you guys may have heard this story before, but it's worth repeating for those who haven't. As I said, I first watched King of Baking, Kim Tak Gu at the end of 2015, since I finally started watching K-dramas in the summer of that year, and my parents started by working through some of their favourites with me. I remember being really intrigued by Ma Jun as a character, but I also got other glimpses of JW as my parents were also watching Good Doctor on their own back then, so I got lots of peeks at Park Si On then ;) 

Honestly, JW really shouldn't have been any different to me than any other actor: even though I really liked what I saw of him as an actor, I also liked a ton of other actors, so...yeah. If it weren't for the fact that I was in the middle of some real-life drama at a time, what happened next may not have jumped out at me quite as much. This was when I stumbled across that KBS Chuseok Special talk show on YouTube, and heard JW's response to how he differed from Kang Dong Won and TOP: "I'm more innocent."

Mind. Blown.

Never, in my life, could I have thought I'd come across someone who would boast about being innocent - and certainly not a celebrity! Mind you, I wasn't as jaded then about the entertainment industry as I am now (now, if I were to hear this, I'd just go, "Yeah, you're just saying it for the PR"), and I will admit that my own more vulnerable emotional state probably had to do with it, but that made me want to find out more. So I started looking for older translated interviews, and I came across one where JW said that he really trusted his parents and wanted to listen to them and obey them.

Mind blown times two.

Some of you (especially you, @kireeti2) would know that I hold a lot of stock in those traditional Confucian values that still persist to some degree in Korean culture. And to hear JW talk about holding those same values and actually being proud of them...I was hooked. All my life, I'd just been made fun of by my peers for thinking this way, but here was someone from halfway across the world who not only understood how I felt, but believed the same thing?!?! Yep, I was definitely hooked :) 

3. How I joined Soompi

Oddly enough, this is the part that I don't remember. I just remember that I joined at around the same time that My Sassy Girl was airing. But how I stumbled across the forum and why I decided to make an account and participate instead of just lurking on the sidelines as a reader...sorry guys, but my memory's fuzzy here. :sweat_smile:

So that's my story. lol - Looking at it like this, it sounds almost like I'm talking about some sort of religion. I'm not - I am very much aware just how human JW is - but...yeah, that's how hard I fell when I first did :P And despite some rough patches (including a hiatus from this forum when I just needed to step away from the Hallyu fandom for a bit), I'm still here.

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 3

7 minutes ago, kittyna said:

Honestly, JW really shouldn't have been any different to me than any other actor: even though I really liked what I saw of him as an actor, I also liked a ton of other actors, so...yeah. If it weren't for the fact that I was in the middle of some real-life drama at a time (long story short: I found out a close friend had been lying to me about something for a long time - we're good now, so no worries), what happened next may not have jumped out at me quite as much. This was when I stumbled across that KBS Chuseok Special talk show on YouTube, and heard JW's response to how he differed from Kang Dong Won and TOP: "I'm more innocent."

Mind. Blown.

I remember that part in my head every time haha the same thing I asked myself and I started to watch interviews with him and I really know why he tries to maintain his personality so as not to fall into the bad part that is the entertainment industry I think that is why he does not try to change his personality

• Like 3
  • Blob 2

Another support truck from Joo Won's Japan Orange Moon fan club today :hooray2:they're really amazing!

spacer.png

우리 팬 진심 최고! = my fans are truly the best! 

오늘도 ♡ = today as well 

정말 고마워요 = thank you so much 

더위! 코로나! 몰렀거라! = Heat! Corona! Back off! 

I find it so cute that he's telling the heat and Corona to back off^^ 

@flutterby06 I will be a little busy most of the day today but I'll try to reply to your questions to commemorate this thread's 11th anniversary as soon as possible~ ♡

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Blob 3

MINI EVENT: Soompi Joo Won thread birthday celebration

original.gif

cr. to owner

Hello chingus!

@flutterby06 reminded us that Joo Won's thread anniversary is coming up soon.

In order to celebrate that fact, @flutterby06 suggested that everyone who wants to, could share some information regarding the following questions:

Let's have some fun!

:hooray2:

tagging:

@Lmangla @Sleepy Owl @agenth @confusedheart326 @kittyna @Calli @flutterby06 @kireeti2 @Andrea Balcazar @gm4queen @4evrkdrama @sadthe1st @Ameera Ali @Thong Thin @LeftCoastOppa @joccu @tokkimoon @Ahjumemshie Lee @valinor500 @willenette@Min2206 @JooWon89 @kleimleyz @Alisha @ferily @chococarmela @serenilmauve @SC2019 @Emily Bett @Sunset

• Like 2
  • Love 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 2