Joo Won 주원 [Current Drama 2024 - The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

2 hours ago, flutterby06 said:

While it's true we seldom see guy fans in male actors' thread, Joo Won actually has fair share of male fans in Korea. I don't know if many are active still now but there are at least few very active in Joo Won Supporter Fan base.

Joo Won actually gained a lot of male fan specially through Gaksital and then Good Doctor was popular to people in general be it male, female or kids, or elders. That become more prominent when he goes to street interview and when he performed in military during army fest in 2017. young privates flocked around him.

I think Joo Won's diverse choice of work made him secure wider range of viewers.. Joo Won guested on Running Man in 2014 and a Taxi Driver Ajusshi said he remember him from Gaksital though he doesn't know Joo Won's name. Joo Won may not have a large crowed of fangirls but he has a pretty reasonable viewership. Even the times when his project rating weren't the best it wasn't that bad either compared to it's competitor dramas. 

Yes I know that since I saw many fans of Joo Won infiltrate the army with him to be close to his idol but internationally I did not know how well men like Joo Won as an actor as well as a person who is very good human being

by the way I was watching a Chinese platform and there are many videos of joo won until I found some videos of altar boyz that I had not seen but I do not know why I can not share them when I can share them I will share them to you

• Like 5

Hey everyone :waves:

I hope you all had a lovely weekend^^

I'm sure you already saw but uri Joo Won really received his 11th(!!) support truck today. He hasn't posted on his insta story yet but here's a screencap from fighting_zuwon's insta story, his Japanese fanclub who sent him today's truck. 

spacer.png

Joo Won's fans from Japan are really incredible :') 

@kireeti2it was so nice reading your story about how you became a Joo Won fan. You must know almost every line of dialogue from Good Doctor by heart~ 

It seems Good Doctor played a huge role for quite a few of us in our journey towards becoming Joo Won fans. I'm so so glad and grateful Joo Won decided to take up this challenging role back then even though his schedule was already so packed with filming Only You (aka Catch Me) and preparing to return to the musical stage with Ghost

5 hours ago, Tongtong said:

kittyna@flutterby06@gm4queenEveryone from this forum is well mannered and cool! Echoed that @kireeti2.  JW truly is blessed to have nice kind hearted fans. 

Agree so much with you guys~ My experience with most of Joo Won's fans I've interacted with so far certainly confirms the "like idol, like fan" concept. 

Maybe because, like @flutterby06said, many of his fans seem to have been drawn to Joo Won predominantly because of his acting and personality (and only secondly because of his exterior attributes, albeit those are very lovely as well^^), as a group I feel his fans are very thoughtful and kind :fullofhearts:

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Blob 2

5 minutes ago, Calli said:

I hope you all had a lovely weekend^^

I'm sure you already saw but uri Joo Won really received his 11th(!!) support truck today. He hasn't posted on his insta story yet but here's a screencap from fighting_zuwon's insta story, his Japanese fanclub who sent him today's truck. 

wow enough trucks the Japanese fans have sent from what I have seen are from different Japanese fanclubs

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Calli said:

it was so nice reading your story about how you became a Joo Won fan. You must know almost every line of dialogue from Good Doctor by heart~ 

Yeah!! my favorite line is "ppalli, ppalli" :joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

Here's Joo Won's thank you insta story for today's truck. He must be so happy and so moved by all that love and support :') I love that he's not running out of captions to express his gratefulness^^ 

spacer.png

우리 팬 최고!!! = my fans are the best!!!

매일 감동 = (I'm) moved daily 

고마워요 = thank you 

너무 시원해요 = it's very cool (as in refreshing? Or as in cold? I'm not sure about this one^^)

어깨뽕 +10= his shoulders went up +10, that's how proud/uplifted he feels :') 

오늘도 파이팅!!! = fighting today as well!!! 

35 minutes ago, Andrea Balcazar said:

wow enough trucks the Japanese fans have sent from what I have seen are from different Japanese fanclubs

Yes, this month alone there were two trucks from Royal Family, three trucks from Japan Orange Moon and one (so far) from fighting_zuwon. And then there was the truck sent to him by sakura.zw on June 28th. 

There are really no words for Joo Won's Japanese fans... I've never seen anything like that before :') 

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

Kyusang Yun posted in his insta story that they ended filming for the day because of heavy rain: 

Screenshot-20210719-111953-Instagram.jpg

Part of his caption translated by papago: 

"End of filming because it rained like a shower.
With all the gear/equipment in, a rainbow came out." 

Seems it stopped raining right when they had loaded all their equipment^^

It's nice though that Joo Won and the Carter team get a break from filming in the scorching sun today, and hopefully a little well-deserved rest~ I hope this won't throw their filmimg schedule off by much. 

• Like 7

23 hours ago, kireeti2 said:

Well, my meeting with Joo won was not straight forward. Before watching Joo won's "Good Doctor" drama, I first the American version and found it to be decent and when I heard that it was a remake of Korean version, and wondered whether the original one is as good as the remake.And then I started watching his first episode and I am not gonna lie, I cried a lot when Park Si-On said why he wanted to be a doctor, it was damn good then the American version, and then I got hooked up, I completed the series in 2 days, and then I re-watched it like for one month and never got bored from watching, the acting of Joo won and whole cast was out-standing. The most remarkable thing about Joo won is that, I was drawn towards him because of his acting rather then looks(maybe it's because I am boy), nevertheless, I personally feel he is dashing from all aspects. After re-watching Good Doctor like 20 times then I thought of watch his other projects as well, and my mind just blown-away, I was really surprised by his versatile acting and his dedication.

Wow...I had no idea you watched Good Doctor that many times! :lol: You must have really enjoyed it, then!

15 hours ago, flutterby06 said:

it's good to see someone finding Joo Won after seeing US Good Doctor. The only reason I think US Good Doctor is a positive thing (I have a problem with how westernized they made the heart warming story of Korean one)  is because it gives original Good Doctor a much needed publicity and exposure. This reminds me how Good Doctor ended up becoming the one of the most watched show of 2020 in online platform.

I find it's easier to see the American and Korean versions of Good Doctor as two separate entities - each with their own story that's probably more appropriate to their original cultural context. Like, stories like the Korean version of Good Doctor would already have been seen as getting old in the West, where there was a push to break away from portraying autistic characters only as either really childlike (looking almost like some sort of intellectual disability) or the loner genius type (think shows like Sherlock or The Big Bang Theory).

Since Park Si On, in his own way, ticked both of those boxes, I don't fault the American remake for going with a completely different storyline and characterization. Like, if it were to come to my own personal preference, I'd say I prefer the Korean version, but I can also see how another viewer might go the other way around - and if someone were to present an argument that the Korean version was ableist compared to the American one...that won't impact my preference, but I could see where that would come from.

23 hours ago, kireeti2 said:

I sort of became his fan without my knowledge. I also admire his down to earth behavior and his dedication, maybe to these reasons I have became his fan

lol - I think that's probably more common (and more sane!) than the "falling hard" experience I had :approves: JW does seem like the sort of person who'd slowly grow on you ;) 

I am girl but if anyone asked what drawn me most first would be his wonderful versatile acting.. I mean there are quite a lot of celebrities in Korea that are just too beautiful, handsome.. But when people see Joo Won first his damn good acting of just attracts people right away and thus his good looks kind of become the next topic.

I always describe JW as "more striking than handsome", actually. Some people might find his appearance attractive and some might not - but I don't think anyone can dispute that he's the sort of actor who, on screen, draws your eye and makes you want to look at him again. Even when he's not the lead (Ma Jun, anyone? ;))

I was reading through random pages and found the topic of his sharp vs innocent eyes mentioned in this post. I read it a lot ago.. Watching the comparison side by side indeed makes it more easier to notice how two of his eyes gives two vibes.

It wasn't this post that I was thinking of, but this one always has been one of my favourites. It's fun seeing how someone tried to describe JW's appearance - I remember doing the same thing myself in this forum and my fics in the past, but never quite to this level of detail :P It's also fun for me to compare my own thoughts with the original post and see how different features might stand out to different people.

7 hours ago, Calli said:

:scream: ELEVENTH?! 

Dang...these guys are just on a roll!

3 hours ago, Calli said:

It's nice though that Joo Won and the Carter team get a break from filming in the scorching sun today, and hopefully a little well-deserved rest~ I hope this won't throw their filmimg schedule off by much. 

Slightly off-topic, @Calli, but this talk of rain and the screenshot from your Instagram with the German text just reminded me - I hope you are and your loved ones are okay right now. I mean, I can reasonably(?) assume for you, since you at least must have computer/phone access, but...yeah. Seeing the news footage of the flooding there is pretty terrifying, so here's hoping you and yours are safe. :foryou:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, kittyna said:

always describe JW as "more striking than handsome", actually. Some people might find his appearance attractive and some might not - but I don't think anyone can dispute that he's the sort of actor who, on screen, draws your eye and makes you want to look at him again. Even when he's not the lead (Ma Jun, anyone?

Yes, it is really very striking at first, as I said, more I call his performance than his face, but now if he makes me handsome, I think that now that I leave the army, he has become much more beautiful

4 hours ago, Calli said:

Part of his caption translated by papago: 

"End of filming because it rained like a shower.
With all the gear/equipment in, a rainbow came out." 

well, I think it's better than is rained since all the staff heard that they were tanned by the heat wave

if as you say hopefully it does not affect the filming by the way this has nothing to do with joo won but decibel movie already finished recording in just 3 months hopefully carter is the same date so as not to have to wait long

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Calli said:

너무 시원해요 = it's very cool (as in refreshing? Or as in cold? I'm not sure about this one^^)

Yeaaah as in refreshing :D

Are you learning Korean? 

I find the comments on his stories very cute ~ and unique ~ 

9 minutes ago, Andrea Balcazar said:

Yes, it is really very striking at first, as I said, more I call his performance than his face, but now if he makes me handsome, I think that now that I leave the army, he has become much more beautiful

he has a very noticeable appearance? and unforgettable :D his looks alone set him apart from many, but I do admire his acting too. 

And wooow that must be like 10 coffee trucks on a movie. Is that usual? Amazing! 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Blob 2

1 hour ago, kittyna said:

Slightly off-topic, @Calli, but this talk of rain and the screenshot from your Instagram with the German text just reminded me - I hope you are and your loved ones are okay right now. I mean, I can reasonably(?) assume for you, since you at least must have computer/phone access, but...yeah. Seeing the news footage of the flooding there is pretty terrifying, so here's hoping you and yours are safe. 

Thanks so much for asking @kittyna. Thankfully, my family and I live in an area of Germany that wasn't affected at all by the flooding. We had heavy rains but that was the extent of it. I wish that was true for everyone everywhere, but sadly extreme weather phenomena have become the new normal :(

44 minutes ago, agenth said:

Yeaaah as in refreshing :D

Are you learning Korean? 

I find the comments on his stories very cute ~ and unique ~ 

I had started learning Korean a couple of years back but for the past year I haven't been doing any studying... beyond watching k-drama that is^^ It's such a difficult language for me. I can read and understand a few very basic words and phrases but sadly that's it.

Joo Won's comments are really so sweet. I find I'm looking forward to what he'll come up with next so much. After all, it's been 11 trucks from fans already on the Carter set. And who knows, there might be more?

• Like 6

3 hours ago, agenth said:

he has a very noticeable appearance? and unforgettable :D his looks alone set him apart from many, but I do admire his acting too. 

And wooow that must be like 10 coffee trucks on a movie. Is that usual? Amazing! 

If he has a very remarkable appearance, although of course his performance caught my attention since he only saw dramas for fun without realizing if he is handsome or not but now I'm not like that haha if the protagonist is handsome first is what I look at now to see a drama

2 hours ago, Calli said:

I had started learning Korean a couple of years back but for the past year I haven't been doing any studying... beyond watching k-drama that is^^ It's such a difficult language for me. I can read and understand a few very basic words and phrases but sadly that's it.

Joo Won's comments are really so sweet. I find I'm looking forward to what he'll come up with next so much. After all, it's been 11 trucks from fans already on the Carter set. And who knows, there might be more?

oh I did not know that I was studying the Korean language so I see if it is very complicated I am also studying but it becomes very complicated

by the way lately we are moving the forum very fast

• Like 5

So todys Coffee truck is sent by fighting_zuwon Japan team . And today's report from the support truck came quite early.

It was Kongji Coffee again: https://www.instagram.com/p/CRg1WwzteWJ/

Rough Translation

21.07.19 #Movie Carter #Actor Joo Won #Fighting Joo Won

A hot movie that makes the word "hot" tired , coffee truck was sent #carter scene by
@fighting_zuwon ~~

Fighting Joowon Team, even long before the date was set,
has been been thinking a lot about the menu. ~~
They considered a variety of menus hearing the news of the very hot and difficult filming set!

Because (staffs) drinks a lot of cold food often,
From early in the morning to after noon

Lots of drinks!! You drunk close to 500 cups cold drinks.
Joowon fans, every time you send support out, the firepower is no joke.
It's really hot (weather), but to cheer up (Carter) a little bit
You are generously supporting

It's hot and you're (Joo Won and team) having a hard time, so you get a lot of support before and after
I came here to deliver a lot of cheer and support.

In the heat that continues every day
the Staff seem to lose more energy than last week
If they drank a lot of iced americano and orange juice last week
the drank a lot of iced americano and apple mango juice today.

It was a very hot day, so they were looking for a lot of refreshing tea~!
For the actor-nim, delivered ice peppermint tea
I conveyed the concern in a fresh and cool way

Many fans are cheering for you, Carter team.

Don't faint/fall down

Fighting

Thank you for your enjoying the meal delicious
We deliver our sincere sentiment

#coffee
#Local coffee tea #Chungnam coffee tea #Geumsan coffee tea
#celebrity coffee tea

ᴋᴏɴɢᴊɪ ᴄᴏғғᴇᴇ
@j3__official @cafe._.stay

I was like is this 11th support car for 11th year celebration of Joo Won's debut...? nah.. it seems at least Japan Orange Moon is preparing for more.:open_mouth:

There's a post today from Japan Orange Moon . They sent support truck on 15,16 and 17 July.

This post said they're now collecting funds for the second part of their supporting project..so Japanese fans are welcomed to join voluntarily. They'll take application till august 6 and collect funds and the following week they'll be collecting the funds.

I will not share the full translation cause Google translation works quite fine.

But this post says Carter filming will be continuing in August.  So far that's the news so we don't know if it'll end in August or not. But it's still a news.

Original post: https://www.instagram.com/p/CRfGrbvta7m/

8 hours ago, Calli said:

It's nice though that Joo Won and the Carter team get a break from filming in the scorching sun today, and hopefully a little well-deserved rest~ I hope this won't throw their filming schedule off by much.

Yes I felt like at they had a change of weather.. a little break from continuous heat wave. I do hope it doesn't occur often as filming is yet to go on.

3 hours ago, agenth said:

No it's definitely not a regular occurrence in in Joo Won filming set. These fan bases (Japanese and Korean) does send him multiple support in each project but this time for Netflix cart they're  supporting very generously with full force. Which is making everyone surprised including Joo Won, production staffs and us. They sent it so frequently that one of the production staffs also updated his ig stories with thanking the fans.

2 hours ago, Calli said:

Thanks so much for asking @kittyna. Thankfully, my family and I live in an area of Germany that wasn't affected at all by the flooding. We had heavy rains but that was the extent of it. I wish that was true for everyone everywhere, but sadly extreme weather phenomena have become the new normal :(

The situation seems so alarming in Germany.. Good to know you and your area is safe @Calli. Hope the flood situation gets better. Stay safe.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, flutterby06 said:

But this post says Carter filming will be continuing in August.  So far that's the news so we don't know if it'll end in August or not. But it's still a news.

Thanks so much for sharing that info with us @flutterby06♡ 

I wonder how Orange Moon knows that filming will continue until August. They probably asked the agency? Since they have to communicate with someone from Santa Claus in order to be able to send him support trucks at all... 

So, as I'm sure you already know, Joo Won received his 12th support truck today!!! I've run out of words personally but thankfully uri Joo Won hasn't^^ His captions and gifs continue to be as cute as ever~ 

I couldn't make out who sent him today's truck though. 

spacer.png

오늘도 고맙습니다 = thank you today as well 

킹왕짱 = slang for "awesome/amazing/the best of the best" 

감동의 연속 = a series of being moved (as in he keeps feeling moved/touched with every truck)

전투력 + 10 = fighting power + 10

사막의 오아시스 = an oasis in the desert 

"Carter is happy" :issohappy:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 1

19 hours ago, Andrea Balcazar said:

by the way lately we are moving the forum very fast

I noticed it too... And I feel very thankful for that everyone. :heart1:

8 hours ago, Calli said:

Thanks so much for sharing that info with us @flutterby06♡ 

I wonder how Orange Moon knows that filming will continue until August. They probably asked the agency? Since they have to communicate with someone from Santa Claus in order to be able to send him support trucks at all... 

Most welcome.

You guessed right. Because they're planning to send more support so they gets some necessary info form agency staff.

Sometimes they get info directly from Joo Won's Manager depending on how good their communication is with Joo Won staffs. Other than that there are intermediary Korean fans who communicates on behalf of international fans to arrange all these support. So these k fans are usually long time Joo Won fans who may have more info available to them because of their long time good support for Joo Won.

8 hours ago, Calli said:

So, as I'm sure you already know, Joo Won received his 12th support truck today!!! I've run out of words personally but thankfully uri Joo Won hasn't^^ His captions and gifs continue to be as cute as ever~ 

I couldn't make out who sent him today's truck though. 

오늘도 고맙습니다 = thank you today as well 

킹왕짱 = slang for "awesome/amazing/the best of the best" 

감동의 연속 = a series of being moved (as in he keeps feeling moved/touched with every truck)

전투력 + 10 = fighting power + 10

사막의 오아시스 = an oasis in the desert 

"Carter is happy" :issohappy:

Really love all these continuous support.. Definitely worthy of  10x fighting spirit. 

Btw, today's weather there seems cloudy. Hope they were able to film in good condition today. 

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

16 minutes ago, flutterby06 said:

I noticed it too... And I feel very thankful for that everyone. 

If I think that in a single day we managed to finish a page, let's continue like this and again grateful to the fans who are sending trucks as you say there are already 12 trucks, they are enough I have never seen so much support for an actor even if he has a big fandom joo won with a fandom little one receives a lot of support that is the best it would be better if someone made an international fanclub

• Like 4

@Calli@flutterby06@kittyna@valinor500I've always wanted to know which joo won character is closest to her ideal type, that is, the characters in dramas he has done?

For example, the character that is closest to my ideal type is kim tae hyun, he was perfect as a husband, although there were only few scenes, as well as how he was with han hye jin, I love trying to understand her and he was very cute with her

• Like 3
  • Blob 2

We're counting support truck number 13 today for uri Joo Won^^ 

Screenshot-20210721-044455-Instagram.jpg

진짜 매일 온다 = you really come every day 

요즘 하늘이 예쁘다 = the sky is beautiful today/these days.

오늘도 시원하게 시작! = let's have a cool/refreshing start today as well!

고마워요 = thank you 

시원한 액션을 보여주마 = I'll show you some cool action.

I think today's truck, like yesterday's, is from zu.won_supporters. At least that's what I was told by a longtime Japanese fan of Joo Won's~ I find it strange though that the banners don't seem to say so... 

Anyway, today's support truck is from coffeewang_on_the_block87 and the already posted an insta story about it too~ 

It looks like a hot day today too :hotinhere2: Fighting to Joo Won and they whole Carter team!! 

Edit:

@Andrea BalcazarI only just saw your question. I think if I had to pick one of Joo Won's characters as my "ideal type", like you, I'd pick Kim Taehyun. He just had such a good, warm heart. He was very selfless, capable and knew how to love. 

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

1 hour ago, Andrea Balcazar said:

@Calli@flutterby06@kittyna@valinor500I've always wanted to know which joo won character is closest to her ideal type, that is, the characters in dramas he has done?

For example, the character that is closest to my ideal type is kim tae hyun, he was perfect as a husband, although there were only few scenes, as well as how he was with han hye jin, I love trying to understand her and he was very cute with her

20 minutes ago, Calli said:

@Andrea BalcazarI only just saw your question. I think if I had to pick one of Joo Won's characters as my "ideal type", like you, I'd pick Kim Taehyun. He just had such a good, warm heart. He was very selfless, capable and knew how to love. 

Make that three, then - because I think I'd also pick Kim Tae Hyun. Okay, while I'm not 100% sure if his personality is the sort I'd like the most in real life (his more blasé "devil's advocate" front would be off-putting for me, for instance), but for me, the thing that really stood out to me was his drive and determination to do the right thing no matter what it took. And I, for one, would like for my ideal partner to be someone who could keep me grounded and on the right path like Tae Hyun did for Han Yeo Jin :) 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Calli said:

I think today's truck, like yesterday's, is from zu.won_supporters. At least that's what I was told by a longtime Japanese fan of Joo Won's~ I find it strange though that the banners don't seem to say so... 

Anyway, today's support truck is from coffeewang_on_the_block87 and the already posted an insta story about it too~ 

from what i saw this is not support from zuwon supporters it is from instagram user misangmc

1 hour ago, Calli said:

with so much support I think I should start by following the cofee trucks accounts

1 hour ago, Calli said:

I only just saw your question. I think if I had to pick one of Joo Won's characters as my "ideal type", like you, I'd pick Kim Taehyun. He just had such a good, warm heart. He was very selfless, capable and knew how to love. 

46 minutes ago, kittyna said:

Make that three, then - because I think I'd also pick Kim Tae Hyun

Yes I think we would all choose him recently I just saw again yongpal I miss joo won a lot I hope that one of these days he will upload a photo I do not know why he does not like to upload photos more he uploads of his muscles than of his face I am anxious to see his expensive

• Like 4