Manga / Anime Discussion

partyon

26 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

there is a movie and side story also? if people choose violet evergarden, then once we finish, we can ask chingus if they want to watch the movie and side story or move on to something else... 

Oh the movie is really good!!! More better than the side story....

Several years have passed since the end of The Great War. As the radio tower in Leidenschaftlich continues to be built, telephones will soon become more relevant, leading to a decline in demand for "Auto Memory Dolls." Even so, Violet Evergarden continues to rise in fame after her constant success with writing letters. However, sometimes the one thing you long for is the one thing that does not appear.

Violet Evergarden Movie follows Violet as she continues to comprehend the concept of emotion and the meaning of love. At the same time, she pursues a glimmer of hope that the man who once told her, "I love you," may still be alive even after the many years that have passed.

credit MAL

awawaaaaa so romantique:heart:

For people who dunno what is about 

Violet Evergarden 

The Great War finally came to an end after four long years of conflict; fractured in two, the continent of Telesis slowly began to flourish once again. Caught up in the bloodshed was Violet Evergarden, a young girl raised for the sole purpose of decimating enemy lines. Hospitalized and maimed in a bloody skirmish during the War's final leg, she was left with only words from the person she held dearest, but with no understanding of their meaning.

Recovering from her wounds, Violet starts a new life working at CH Postal Services after a falling out with her new intended guardian family. There, she witnesses by pure chance the work of an "Auto Memory Doll," amanuenses that transcribe people's thoughts and feelings into words on paper. Moved by the notion, Violet begins work as an Auto Memory Doll, a trade that will take her on an adventure, one that will reshape the lives of her clients and hopefully lead to self-discovery.

MAL credit

TRAILER

credit to the owner 

Fullmetal ALchemist Brotherhood

"In order for something to be obtained, something of equal value must be lost."

Alchemy is bound by this Law of Equivalent Exchange—something the young brothers Edward and Alphonse Elric only realize after attempting human transmutation: the one forbidden act of alchemy. They pay a terrible price for their transgression—Edward loses his left leg, Alphonse his physical body. It is only by the desperate sacrifice of Edward's right arm that he is able to affix Alphonse's soul to a suit of armor. Devastated and alone, it is the hope that they would both eventually return to their original bodies that gives Edward the inspiration to obtain metal limbs called "automail" and become a state alchemist, the Fullmetal Alchemist.

Three years of searching later, the brothers seek the Philosopher's Stone, a mythical relic that allows an alchemist to overcome the Law of Equivalent Exchange. Even with military allies Colonel Roy Mustang, Lieutenant Riza Hawkeye, and Lieutenant Colonel Maes Hughes on their side, the brothers find themselves caught up in a nationwide conspiracy that leads them not only to the true nature of the elusive Philosopher's Stone, but their country's murky history as well. In between finding a serial killer and racing against time, Edward and Alphonse must ask themselves if what they are doing will make them human again... or take away their humanity.
 Credit MAL

TRAILER 

credit to the owner 

I prefer in Japanese...so I choose the japanese version. I like both series....really hurt our heart when you watch it...:criesariver:

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Blob 2

On 8/30/2020 at 9:56 PM, Jillia said:

True! And I also like books.... but that's a whole other story. :lol:

I don't know... I don't think that much about what genre I like. Ancient Magus Bride is a shonen manga though. But I also like shojo and isekai (but more the old ones like Fushigi Yuugi). :D I also like highschool romances at the moment but I think that falls into the category of shojo. And I like josei for example Tokyo Tarareba Girls. 

116722135_322840268762579_95567125995379

Source: Google

I think with Fruits Basket.., it looks like fun and lighthearted but touches on emotional abuse and depression. And I liked how every character had layers and reasons for why they're the way they are. :D

How about you? What do you like the most?

:fullofhearts:

Majority of anime now a days are ecchi, harem and such that mainly cater to male audiences. I've been sticking to reading manga because of it and been a while since i've watch an anime series cause Its really hard to find new wholesome romance anime

Majority of anime now a days are ecchi, harem and such that mainly cater to male audiences.  I've been sticking to reading manga because of it  and been a while since i've watch an anime series cause Its really hard to find new wholesome romance anime
On 8/30/2020 at 9:56 PM, Jillia said:

True! And I also like books.... but that's a whole other story. :lol:

I don't know... I don't think that much about what genre I like. Ancient Magus Bride is a shonen manga though. But I also like shojo and isekai (but more the old ones like Fushigi Yuugi). :D I also like highschool romances at the moment but I think that falls into the category of shojo. And I like josei for example Tokyo Tarareba Girls. 

116722135_322840268762579_95567125995379

Source: Google

I think with Fruits Basket.., it looks like fun and lighthearted but touches on emotional abuse and depression. And I liked how every character had layers and reasons for why they're the way they are. :D

How about you? What do you like the most?

:fullofhearts:

Majority of anime now a days are ecchi, harem and such that mainly cater to male audiences.  I've been sticking to reading manga because of it  and been a while since i've watch an anime series cause Its really hard to find new wholesome romance anime

hi ya chingus! looks like it is a small group but we can still have fun right?!  @miaka fy, @Sunset @mirmz, @janstrnad @ponderings @Sleepy Owl (anyone else want to join in, please free to jump in!) -- so it looks like we are in the mood for Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood -- shall we watch 5 episodes per week? since it is 20 minutes per ep or so, you can either watch 1 episode a day and comment or watch all 5 episodes together and then comment before the next monday.  if you would prefer 4 episodes per week, then we can do that as well. what do you all think? it is all based on your convenience. lets have fun! 

will post later after watching ep 1. 

AAAABXU70IgPYOOtZ4UjRhik_Q2RHXEMLfszk9rH

those who said yes: @crystaltears ,, @kokodus, @ipohtown, @chickfactor, 

also tagging those who said maybe in the quick poll case anyone feels like watching fullmetal: @sadthe1st, @Wuzetian, @usadango, @MayanEcho, @kittyna, @Naty828, @kur4p1k4, @elan1, @thyzt, @Megan, @azureblue7, @Yinye, @yeli, @liddi, @foreverempress, @flutterby06, 

re: @partyon 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 1

EVENT: Game: Guess the drama Part 2

The gossip loving EOs are back with another set of blinds based on the juiciest gossips we heard from the Kdrama world. Let's see if you can guess the dramas based on blinds :hooray:

Your friendly neighborhood and resident Event Organizers,

@Lmangla @partyon @Sleepy Owl

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 1

ep 1 thoughts - so we just jump into this world without much explanation. what is alchemy? why are there state alchemists? can anyone pick it up? why are two kids alchemists? don't they have to train for it for years? and why are state alchemists so hated? it was kind of interesting tone to have serious and then jump to a joke/light humour and back to serious. so it kept going back and forth. had to laugh that poor edward is so traumatized at being seen as short and everyone assumes kiddo brother in armour must be edward. alphonso was so cute in how he kept repeating in every situation that he wasn't edward. and poor alphonso, not being able to eat but noting down all the foods to eat later. awww. somehow it reminds you of being stuck at home and thinking of what you can order the next time you want to eat out. hahahahha.. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

On 4/19/2021 at 12:07 AM, Lmangla said:

hi ya chingus! looks like it is a small group but we can still have fun right?!  @miaka fy, @Sunset @mirmz, @janstrnad @ponderings @Sleepy Owl (anyone else want to join in, please free to jump in!) -- so it looks like we are in the mood for Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood -- shall we watch 5 episodes per week? since it is 20 minutes per ep or so, you can either watch 1 episode a day and comment or watch all 5 episodes together and then comment before the next monday.  if you would prefer 4 episodes per week, then we can do that as well. what do you all think? it is all based on your convenience. lets have fun! 

will post later after watching ep 1. 

those who said yes: @crystaltears ,, @kokodus, @ipohtown, @chickfactor, 

also tagging those who said maybe in the quick poll case anyone feels like watching fullmetal: @sadthe1st, @Wuzetian, @usadango, @MayanEcho, @kittyna, @Naty828, @kur4p1k4, @elan1, @thyzt, @Megan, @azureblue7, @Yinye, @yeli, @liddi, @foreverempress, @flutterby06, 

re: @partyon 

I'm hope I can be on schedule till the end. I have a 2 year old and my inlaws are going to visit.  I'm going to try my best :)

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

On 4/25/2021 at 5:06 AM, Lmangla said:

looks like folks are busy :sweatingbullets: ; oh well, we can try the anime club another time. 

re: 

So far where are you in the episode? Did you also watch from Netflix? Yes, our two brothers have a strong goal which to revive the mother....sadly they need to paid a lot, specially our small Alphonse sigh. I always said Al is more mature then his brother who was like a fire. Become a ''metal box'' without chair...Al really strong to keep protecting his big brother.  I didn't rewatch it, from my memory...I can write it ^^

@Franko Mayer  Stein Gate was consider in anime community the BEST serie. (oh also Demon Slayer aka Kimitsu no Yaiba). A lot vote and really great serie too. Stein Gate Zero aka 0 was ok, but the best was the first season. 

• Blob 1

4 hours ago, miaka fy said:

So far where are you in the episode? Did you also watch from Netflix?

I just watched ep 1 only. then got swamped with real life at my end as well. yea, was watching from netflix... 

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

• 2 months later...

so.. just gonna join in on this thread ^^

Violet Evergarden honestly made me tear up and i just wanted more. still waiting on the movie, but the eternity and auto memory and the special episode ones were quite nice and just fed my joy for the anime itself.

i'm currently re-watching Food Wars! and on the 3rd plate although i feel like i prefer the first two season compare to the latter as it didn't interest me much, except maybe the 5th one. also re-watching Kuroko's Basket. this is cute and i learned a lot about basketball especially with my brothers' commenting about the game play itself of reality and not xD

others i've watched and have no clue if a 2nd/3rd season will be made or if it is released i just haven't searched for it:

Blood Lad, The Devil Is a Part-Timer, One Punch Man, and Noragami.

others that i found out actually had a second season and a reboot:

Kamisama Kiss (currently), Fruits Basket 2019 (still debating if i want to or not), Yashahime (on the fence about this, lol)

currently watching something new:

Super Cub, Horimiya, Moriarty the patriot

that's it for me. ^^

• Blob 1

• 9 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Cannot wait to watch this! Its one of my favorite anime back when I was still studying. With a lot of remakes such as Rurouni Kenshin and Ranma I wonder what they would do next?

• Blob 1

• 4 weeks later...