Manga / Anime Discussion

partyon

10 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

@mirmz, hmmm, it depends on what you like though. Those characters in Say I Love You were a bit too much for me. :sweatingbullets: When I was in high school we didn’t act like they did. Anyway, one that @pompyavi didn’t mention is Blue Spring Ride. There’s also:

okay well tbh i'll watch any anime just as long as it's not super inappropriate or weird.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

8 minutes ago, pompyavi said:

You mean Ao Haru Ride, they didn't adapt the full manga, so was dissatisfied 

True but that’s always the case with anime that serves as an advertisement for the manga/novel except for the major anime shows like Naruto, One Piece, Bleach, etc.. Kimi Ni Todoke two seasons were not the full manga. However, I see your point about Ao Haru Ride because unlike Kimi Ni Todoke, the couple didn’t get a firm resolution in the anime. I guess that couldn’t be helped because they only got together at the end of the manga anyway. :(

• Blob 2

10 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

True but that’s always the case with anime that serves as an advertisement for the manga/novel except for the major anime shows like Naruto, One Piece, Bleach, etc.. Kimi Ni Todoke two seasons were not the full manga. However, I see your point about Ao Haru Ride because unlike Kimi Ni Todoke, the couple didn’t get a firm resolution in the anime. I guess that couldn’t be helped because they only got together at the end of the manga anyway. :(

True, I was not happy how they ended the anime. Naruto is the only anime I watched which is more than 26 episodes. Recently, I watched Your Lie in April, it was very deep but as you previously said instead of having the characters at 14, they could have made that at 17 or 18. But nevertheless that was a very good anime. I also watched Kono Oto Tomare, even in that one the protagonists did not end up together but it was finished at a good point and the manga is still ongoing.

• Blob 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/9/2020 at 1:02 PM, pompyavi said:

True, I was not happy how they ended the anime. Naruto is the only anime I watched which is more than 26 episodes. Recently, I watched Your Lie in April, it was very deep but as you previously said instead of having the characters at 14, they could have made that at 17 or 18. But nevertheless that was a very good anime. I also watched Kono Oto Tomare, even in that one the protagonists did not end up together but it was finished at a good point and the manga is still ongoing.

I mainly enjoyed Kono Oto Tomare for the music competition. I really enjoy their win in the season season. Their piece was beautiful.

• Blob 1

On 12/9/2020 at 9:03 PM, celebrianna said:

@Sleepy Owl, I hate Light Yagami. I hate him a lot. He’s one of my most hated anime characters. I forced myself to finish the Death Note anime but I will never watch it again. Lots of people like L because he was eccentric and well, interesting. I didn’t know he wasn’t supposed to die but it effectively turned me off the story and it’s pretty forgettable to me now especially since I watched it a long time ago. 

I recently fell for the anime “That Time I Got Reincarnated As a Slime”. I put off watching this anime for months because I found a slime unappealing as a main character. However, I watched the anime recently and I went straight to the manga afterwards. I like the world building and the main character is the type of personality I enjoy. I find absolutely nothing annoying about him. Maybe because he retained his maturity from his previous life where he was a 37 year old Japanese team leader before he was stabbed to death.

I didn’t know there was a Code Geass movie. Actually I watched that anime a long time ago so I can’t remember the story much. Heh. Maybe I’ll rewatch it since it’s on one of my streaming channels.

Hey there Chingu, sorry I totally missed out on the comments of this thread. 

Light Yagami was not really a likeable character for me too. I had to force myself to finish the anime too, and so was the case with many friends of mine too. We all struggled from the point when they killed L. The story itself went off-track for some episodes after it. The only reason they decided to kill L was because it would be too predictable if L would catch Light Yagami. 

I will add "That Time I Got Reincarnated As A Slime" to my watchlist. The plot seems interesting. 

As for Code Geass, the ML was shown to be killed in the end of the anime, but then they showed his companion CC talking to someone on being carried on a cart while handling the horses. They didn't show it was, but let to speculations that the ML could have faked his death there. For years, I think more than 10 years there was no answer, the showrunners had refused to answer it or had confirmed his death. Plus this is not based on Manga as far as I know, so viewers were left with theories to make and believe. 

Years later they decided to make sequel of it, where they continued the story and concluded it properly. I would suggest you to go for it. If you don't want to watch anime, there are movies where they compressed the anime into 2-3 movies I guess. 

• Thanks 1

On 1/3/2021 at 9:58 AM, Lee Sha said:

I just watched "The Promised Neverland" live action movie. Season 2 of the anime is coming soon. :D

Interesting. I didn’t think the story would continue in the anime. I didn’t finish season 1 yet but I did see the ending episode.

• Blob 1

On 1/3/2021 at 6:28 PM, Lee Sha said:

I just watched "The Promised Neverland" live action movie. Season 2 of the anime is coming soon. :D

This anime has been in my watchlist for a long time. I am waiting for its second season to end before binge watching both seasons, and then reading its Manga, since the Manga is completed as far as I know. 

On 1/15/2021 at 9:07 PM, donutatwork-com said:

Solo Leveling

I am reading its Manhwa, there has been a rumor for its anime for a long time, even before we got the "Tower of God" anime adaptation. It is a good Manhwa I have not completed it yet, and I think it would be really a good anime if they do go for it. 

The only Anime I am currently watching is "Attack on Titan" final season.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

@Rockman, I watched the first season of Kingdom a while ago and I absolutely loved it. I haven’t been able to watch the other seasons since I couldn’t find them on my anime services.

Each season of Kingdom becomes better.

You can watch "Kingdom" on websites such as :

9anime.to

123anime.ru

gogoanime.so

kiss-anime.ws

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Sleepy Owl said:

This anime has been in my watchlist for a long time. I am waiting for its second season to end before binge watching both seasons, and then reading its Manga, since the Manga is completed as far as I know. 

I am reading its Manhwa, there has been a rumor for its anime for a long time, even before we got the "Tower of God" anime adaptation. It is a good Manhwa I have not completed it yet, and I think it would be really a good anime if they do go for it. 

The only Anime I am currently watching is "Attack on Titan" final season.

Season 2 is out! But I haven't had time to watch it. Busy watching Japanese drama "Alice in Borderland" now. :lol:

• 2 months later...

As some distance, because the series is going, I think it became quite modern and it advised a terrific tale. It had a respectable quantity of personal development and the competition between Naruto and Sasuke changed into pretty cool seeing how a great deal more potent every one of them was given of their arcs and the contrasting paths that they took. I do wish we should’ve learned extra extensive approximately other clans, that the collection didn’t have that weird love triangle, and that Kishimoto has been able to write her female characters in naruto filler episodes higher.

At some distance as the man or woman, I felt awful for him inside the starting no longer having any grownup to manual him all through the primary 12 years of his existence until Iruka got here along. I couldn’t imagine being ostracized in my village, neighborhood, and so on. For something that wasn’t my fault and now not turning out like Gaara while he made his first appearance. Having said that, he did kind of annoy me a bit in the starting and my annoyance of him didn’t depart until the Chunin tests when he commenced to expose his depth of a person. After that, he grew on me and he became one of all my favorites inside the collection

• Like 1

dear chingus, welcome to the anime club.

:please:

in the quick poll, we had 2 leading contenders and they both had the same number of votes - Violet Evergarden and Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood. so please vote in the poll above so that we can pick the one to kickstart the club. both series are available on netflix. anime eps are about 20 minutes an episode

Details:

Violet Evergarden - 13 episodes 

* if this gets chosen, we will do 2 episodes a week.

synopsis: Violet, an emotionally detached soldier who received prosthetic arms after a combat injury, settles into postwar life as a ghostwriter while searching for the meaning behind her former commander's final words to her.

theme/genre: coming of age. 

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood - 64 episodes

* if this gets chosen, we will do 4 episodes a week. 

synopsis: When a failed alchemical ritual leaves brothers Edward and Alphonse Elric with severely damaged bodies, they begin searching for the one thing that can save them; the fabled philosopher's stone. 

theme/genre: if you are looking for action, this one has it! adventure, steampunk, dark fantasy

those who said yes: @crystaltears , @mirmz, @ponderings, @kokodus, @ipohtown, @chickfactor, @miaka fy , @Sunset

also tagging those who said maybe in case any of these two series strikes their fancy: @sadthe1st, @Wuzetian, @usadango, @MayanEcho, @kittyna, @Naty828, @kur4p1k4, @elan1, @thyzt, @Megan, @azureblue7, @Yinye, @yeli, @liddi, @foreverempress, @flutterby06, @janstrnad

re: @Sleepy Owl, @partyon 

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 3

:eats2:hehe I was like who tagged me loll I vote it in secret but seem we can see who vote it lolll

Anyway both of them I already watch...I did watch probably all because I use to have a anime club. Still collect anime too hehe

Violet Evergarden  are you also put the movie and the side story?

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood oh how many year...I didn't see it...why not. Dunno who people like better between Brotherhood and FMA. I think FMA I cry more because the part with Hugues...and the little girl and dog was more :cries:

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

4 minutes ago, miaka fy said:

Violet Evergarden  are you also put the movie and the side story?

there is a movie and side story also? if people choose violet evergarden, then once we finish, we can ask chingus if they want to watch the movie and side story or move on to something else... 

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 4