[Drama 2020/2021] Queen Cheorin/Mr. Queen, 철인왕후

larus

38 minutes ago, louisawatson said:

Oh, the original all have sad endings. 

It would be awesome if kdrama makes satisficing ending, but if not, I want at least bittersweet alternate endings.

1) Like you said, Bong Hwan gives up his original timeline, but he's happy with Cheol Jong.

2) Or Cheol Jong successfully gains back his power as king, but Bong Hwan doesn't want to give up his original timeline, so despite them loving each other, Bong Hwan decides to go back, and Cheol Jong lets him go. Bong Hwan goes to museum to see better changed history, and meet modern Cheol Jong.

3) Or Bong Hwan decides to go back after their crown prince has grown up, and Cheol Jong decides to follow him to modern timeline. Somehow, it works. Now, Bong Hwan needs to help Cheol Jong get used to the modern era.

I like third option where Cheol Jong becomes successful king, and both Cheol Jong and So Bong raise a child together, then later Bong Hwan gets to return back home, but together with Cheol Jong to be still happy together.

For this to work, Cheol Jong needs to completely know and still in love with identity of Bong Hwan. 

I like the third end. I just don't want So Yong to be reward for trying to kill herself.. plus I dont think the King will be happy with So Yong. He falling for the ill mannered and self centered person, thats in So Yong body. Even if So Yong comes back she will be a woman who was raised in 19th century(she will have that mindset) and could never match the crazy, foolish stuff So Bong does. The one time so bong Y acted like a proper Queen ,if freakout the  King CJ, I would be happier if So Bong  stayed in the past and Bong Hwan was reborn and met CJ as a woman . Queen has a eliminates the Han family. I just can't see So Yong happy. The writer has not made be care her. I think the most selfish act she did was trying to kill herself

I could live with  Either everyone unhappy. Cj dies and so Yong mourned her husband and Bong back...He his  missing  CJ.  I want to see  CJ happy ending 

Edited by Rae
  • Like 4

@louisawatson well, liking by the Grand dowager queen is relative considering she has said that she sacrificed her own grandson (the previous king) to hold on to her power and can still with a straight face, tell the dowager queen she had nothing to do with his death LOL.

They are all ruthless power-mad folks in the palace. Was hoping there would at least be one honest official, even in a minor position but have not seen any...

Haven't seen Tenet so that description did give me a mild headache? LOL

Endings...well for best possible, I would repeat the one that was in Chronicles of Narnia where they lived a full length life in Narnia and came back to the same point they left in the present with memories intact so no time passed for them. 

So BH would have lived his life with CJ and the king cleans up the palace and does reform etc. Then when he dies, he goes back and cleans up his unfinished business and then they get to meet again ...

But this has been disproved bec time passes at the same pace in Joseon and in modern day Seoul.

Another way is like Somewhere in Time where he has a way to go back and forth though it is hard and I think he was only able to do it a few times.  The male lead decided to abandon his life in the present and live out his life in the past.  

I would like something like this bec I still want BH to figure out a way to clear his name and say goodbye to his parents.

But this might not be possible bec he doesn't know how he can go back, it seems like a one way ticket. The only time he came back is when he coded in the present, implying that he is still tied to  his body and if it becomes in danger, he is yanked back.  So if he becomes unstable and starts dying in the hospital, he will be yanked back from Joseon  without warning. It's a precarious existence if you think about it, bec how long will they keep him on life support? How long can they support his expenses in the hospital? And would they want to? His parents might think, if a long enough amount of time passes, that it is more kind to let him move on...

Now that I'm thinking about it, him being yanked back doesn't bode well bec he is still connected to his body so even if he decided to stay, there are no guarantees to how long he can actually stay...

Now I've made myself sad....

So I guess he has to find a way to cut ties with his body and give up clearing his name if he wants to stay with CJ...

Or I guess, they can use the often used trope of reincarnation and they die and they meet again in the present...

I wonder how his body in Seoul will be affected if he gets hurt in Joseon? What if they Queen gets assassinated? Will he die there too?

• Like 4
  • Sad 2
  • Insightful 1

So youg should go live in Bong Hwan body.. , she wanted to die so go live in and the comatose body. Go through the hardship of physical therapy, learning to talk, need to make Bong Hwan  body work, make Bong Hwan less ill mannered and self centered person. Save Bong  for the Mr. Han .Cuz that is truly b******* that you wake up from a coma walking..  Maybe than I could see a happy ending  for her. But she  needs to earn it. 

Edited by Rae
  • Like 4

28 minutes ago, Rae said:

I like the third end. I just don't want So Yong to be reward for trying to kill herself.. plus I dont think the King will be happy with So Yong.

Yes, that's a good point. Rewarding So Yong for killing herself is not a good storytelling. 

I liked when Bong Hwan was talking to himself at the lake, "So Yong, since you gave up midway, and i continue with this life, I will survive and live on." I like that life advice better. 

So Yong and Bong Hwan both faced their death, but unlike So Yong, Bong Hwan disparately wanted to live. Therefore, Bong Hwan got another chance, and he lived on to have loving relationship with Cheol Jong that So Yong wished she had.

It's not like Bong Hwan had easy life, he also faced multiple dangers, but he didn't give up like she did. That's how he gained Cheol Jong's heart.

22 minutes ago, cdcotr said:

So I guess he has to find a way to cut ties with his body and give up clearing his name if he wants to stay with CJ...

It could have been shaman who made Bong Hwan go back. Just that the timing was very unfortunate or lucky (the body probably would have died right away if his soul wasn't in the body).

Bong Hwan's soul could have already attached to So Yong's body, so unlike returning back to modern era, Bong Hwan could easily returned back to Josean era without shaman's help. 

Bong Hwan's body seems to be "alive" through modern technology, so it was possible for him to go back to modern era.

If his body dies, I don't think he can return back home. 

If he dies in So Yong's body, Bong Hwan will probably also die unless his soul goes back to his body the moment So Yong's body is killed.

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

I wish the writers have made up characters with no ties to history.  I am tired of posts referencing history, this is a fictional story base on real people. This is base on a  web drama not the  book on the drama per writer and director. I have read the original source material and watched a good amount of the web drama, on a few similarities so far. I was trying to let the drama play out, but poor So Yong are to much. 

Edited by Rae
Additional information
  • Like 4

It's interesting to read all opinions here regarding the ending and I agree that it will be hard to achieve an ending that will be satisfying  without sacrificing one of 3 characters (SY, BH, CJ) since it's already stated that the time that passed between present and joseon are same. 

As for me...I remember  the opening cartoons that was posted on early pages.. The 2 different moons becomes one so I still believe that SY & BH are the same entity (reincarnation theory) . With this concept, maybe it will be easier for viewers to accept if in case SY will be the end games. 

I am curious about the epilogue. I feel that the production team adds it to build a stronger foundation about  SY & CJ's relationship. As someone posted on previous page, CJ might actually has feeling towards SY even before She becomes Soo Bong. 

Anyway... it will be hilarious if Bong Hwan wakes up.. visiting Cheongdokgung and the doodle He wrote on the stone are still there. 

• Like 7
  • Blob 2

As we're talking about the ending now. As I ever shared before here that I prefer novel version ending than the webdrama version.

I know that's hard to get that kind of ending, like in original novel version. Because in novel version, it said that he actually should be born as a woman. Ending in novel, even the Empress still like to flirt women but the Empress love the Emperor, the Empress accepted current condition and responsibilities as a wife and a mother for their children.

If we will get our Royal Baby soon, I hope that will make our SB choose to stay and become the Queen who strengthen CJ. And if they choose to follow the webdrama and novel, in the end, CJ himself will exile all Concubine.

Yeah I dunno for this drama. Maybe they will make CJ to take more concubine, to enlarge his power through many clans. But CJ maybe will be like The Emperor in webdrama or novel story, CJ every night will sleep with different concubine every night but actually he will not do anything. {The reason The Emperor sleep with his concubine every night because The Empress already made schedule that The Emperor should be fair for all his women. So The Emperor did it every night so he could be with The Empress and also protect The Empress from jealousy} The only woman he touches only his Queen. That's why the concubine never get pregnant nor has child. CJ only has children from SB.

That's kinda of happy ending from novel. [I will not give you more spoiler anymore - you can read it yourself later for the novel]

That's why I like to read the novel more than watch the webdrama.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Blob 2

Does any anybody know why the production team chose real historical figures? Wouldn’t it be easier to make up some non-existing king and do whatever they want with him? They’ve been bombarded constantly by complaints about historical inaccuracies. 

Because Cheoljong is a historical figure I very much doubt Cheoljong would ever find out about real Jang Bong Hwan. I think someone mentioned that in a novel the king knew about a man’s soul inside his queen’s body but he didn’t care. But can you imagine the huge backlash if Mr Queen tried to imply that one of their Joseon king liked men? I think tvN would get sued if they even try to hint at that LMAO.

• Like 4
  • LOL 4

2 hours ago, louisawatson said:

It could have been shaman who made Bong Hwan go back. Just that the timing was very unfortunate or lucky (the body probably would have died right away if his soul wasn't in the body).

Bong Hwan's soul could have already attached to So Yong's body, so unlike returning back to modern era, Bong Hwan could easily returned back to Josean era without shaman's help. 

Bong Hwan's body seems to be "alive" through modern technology, so it was possible for him to go back to modern era.

Or BH remains in vegetative state in Seoul because his soul is wandering around in Joseon and SY isn't there (my theory that she's dead and gone)...

2 hours ago, maria_m2me said:

Yeah I dunno for this drama. Maybe they will make CJ to take more concubine, to enlarge his power through many clans. But CJ maybe will be like The Emperor in webdrama or novel ending, CJ every night will sleep with different concubine but actually he will not do anything. The only woman he touches only his Queen. That's why the concubine never get pregnant nor has child. CJ only has children from SB.

If CJ gets more concubines to gain more support yet not touch them, that's not good.  It's almost worse if he doesn't touch them because they will just be there with no purpose beyond being the symbol of the ties to their families.  They won't have full lives, can't have their own relationships nor even have their own children. Which for that time is one of the primary purposes of women...It would be cruel.

Besides if BH accepts his feelings and they form a real relationship, he doesn't strike me as one to share his man. (oh dear, the phrase "unless he gets to join" suddenly popped in my head LOL not going to happen in Joseon Korea)

So I hope CJ releases his concubines once he has an heir with BH (to forestall complaints for continuing the line), if at all possible.

1 hour ago, aisling said:

Does any anybody know why the production team chose real historical figures? Wouldn’t it be easier to make up some non-existing king and do whatever they want with him? They’ve been bombarded constantly by complaints about historical inaccuracies.

This!!! Why did they have to choose a real historical figure?? It just limits what they can do and where they can take the story. Why not just make up one since a soul  being transported from the present to the past in an opposite gender body is already farfetched, why not go all the way and make up a kingdom or insert a fictional king?

Heard abt those complaints early on but the good ratings are a better gauge and seems to negate the noisy few who were getting their knickers in a twist abt a fictional tale!

They even have that not abt it being fiction and is not abt the real historical figures twice -at the beginning and end of the episodes...

Which gives me a bit of hope that we'll get some kind of happy ending...

• Like 7
  • LOL 1

4 hours ago, Rae said:

So youg should go live in Bong Hwan body.. , she wanted to die so go live in and the comatose body. Go through the hardship of physical therapy, learning to talk, need to make Bong Hwan  body work, make Bong Hwan less ill mannered and self centered person. Save Bong  for the Mr. Han .Cuz that is truly b******* that you wake up from a coma walking..  Maybe than I could see a happy ending  for her. But she  needs to earn it. 

Maybe  So Yong really went to Bong Hwan's body. What's the point of posting his picture I know the writer like the troll us.  Does his body die, does his parent take him off life support,  does Han try to kill him again. 

Edited by Rae
  • Like 2

EXO’s Xiumin To Sing For “Mr. Queen” OST In 1st Release Since Military Discharge

EXO’s Xiumin To Sing For “Mr. Queen” OST In 1st Release Since Military Discharge

EXO’s Xiumin is gearing up to release his first new song since his military discharge!

On January 29, Big Ocean ENM officially announced that Xiumin would be lending his voice to the soundtrack of tvN’s hit drama “Mr. Queen.”

The company stated, “The seventh track of the ‘Mr. Queen’ OST, which Xiumin took part in singing, will be released on January 31.”

Notably, the upcoming song will mark Xiumin’s first new music since his return from the military in December.

“Mr. Queen” is a historical fantasy-comedy drama about a man from modern times whose soul gets trapped in the body of a queen from the Joseon dynasty. Shin Hye Sun stars as Kim So Yong, the Joseon queen who has the soul of Blue House chef Jang Bong Hwan trapped inside her, while Kim Jung Hyun plays her husband King Cheoljong. The popular drama has seen its viewership rise consistently for most of its run, achieving its highest ratings to date with its latest episode.

Are you excited to hear what Xiumin has in store for the “Mr. Queen” OST?

- - - - - -

While I am glad there will be a new song, why does it feel like something major will happen in episode 16 with a new release of a song? 

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

Which book do you think CJ showing SB? The dictionary oorrrr the kamasutra book? hahahaha:joy: He looks so excited showing it to SB...:naughty: But I guess it's the queen's dictionary.....

Es29JNeW4AcRJh3?format=jpg&name=900x900

It seems SB realized how seductive she is and regret offering CJ Ramyon? :sweat_smile: She must be talking to herself again hehehe

Es2_hDVVEAMJcai?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 6
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

I understand that the one who CJ loves is Sobong not Soyong, but anyway I still prefer everything to go back into its place for the ending. Instead of a "just" happy ending, I wanted a more "fair and equitable" happy ending. First, I personally think Bong Hwan didn't make any mistake in 2020 so he doesn't deserve to be punished to live in Joseon Era for the rest of his life. Second, maybe all of you thought that what Soyong did by jumping into the lake is a suicide, but for me it's desperation. You know when people got desperate they kinda try anything to get their problem solved. So, just before she jumped she prob thought "Anybody please help me, if the deity exists, please show me your mercy and help me," instead of just simply, "I'll kill myself."

In conclusion, personally, I thought both Bong Hwan and So Yong didn't commit any sins in their life. Soyong was blinded by her guilty feeling toward her mother's death so she obeyed everything that her father wanted her to be, prepared herself to become a righteous Queen, and then just to feel betrayed by her father indirectly through Kim Jwa Geun's request. And in 2020, Bong Hwan is a dutiful son too, he said he's a slave to his parents because he's the only son. So, both of them need to get their own "fair and equitable" happy ending. Even though I like everything to go back to normal, it doesn't mean that I am against any other versions of the ending, I am actually open for every possibilities. Peace!

• Like 7
  • Insightful 3

8 hours ago, louisawatson said:

Yeah, I agree, Kim Byeong In didn't do anything irredeemable like Haw Jin had done with the book, so i still hope for him becoming an ally. 

But I believe going behind his father is a good trait since his father is a villain. He just thought grand queen dowager would care more about So Bong if he becomes helpful. After all, she is the part of royal family, not his father.

Perhaps he'll have  to make the "Sixteen going on seventeen" kid's decision. Remember Liesl's boyfriend from Sound of Music who had the choice to rat the family out to the Nazis or help them escape danger for her sake? Hopefully Kim Byeong will redeem himself.

Edited by Raffles
  • Like 4

So far there have been sad moments and also hilarious moment within the drama.

Not going to think too much of the ending as I am already pretty invested and will watch til the end.

I hope there is an epilogue of sorts (plus we do have the backstory 10 mins episodes coming up!) and I will just take in whatver ending they throw at me.

Definitely not the Scarlet Heart route......I am still hoping for a Season 2 (happier one!)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, skinnyjeans said:

Which book do you think CJ showing SB? The dictionary oorrrr the kamasutra book? hahahaha:joy: He looks so excited showing it to SB...:naughty: But I guess it's the queen's dictionary.....

It seems SB realized how seductive she is and regret offering CJ Ramyon? :sweat_smile: She must be talking to herself again hehehe

looks like no sexy make out cene after the ramyeon invite? :Furious:

They're still so cute doing anything together though :kiss_wink:

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, aisling said:

Because Cheoljong is a historical figure I very much doubt Cheoljong would ever find out about real Jang Bong Hwan. I think someone mentioned that in a novel the king knew about a man’s soul inside his queen’s body but he didn’t care. But can you imagine the huge backlash if Mr Queen tried to imply that one of their Joseon king liked men? I think tvN would get sued if they even try to hint at that LMAO.

That's why I think So Yong and Bong Hwan share the soul.

This drama always use the line or scene in the past episode as the reference in the future episode so why would So Bong mentioned about reincarnation, parallel life in the past episode if it wasn't a clue for the future episode?

Spoiler

credit to the owner

When I watch this scene at first, I'm also really thought that he will sketch it seriously LOL

credit to the owner

Passionate comradeship? Yeah, bring it on!

:shaq:

credit to the owner

But the book they were fighting for and the book that he showing to her is different though.

Will So Bong finally see her king special book?:P

credit to the owner

• Like 8
  • Wiggle 4
  • Blob 3