[Drama 2020/2021] Queen Cheorin/Mr. Queen, 철인왕후

larus

51 minutes ago, partyon said:

Chingus, I put up a new poll! Enjoy! 

If anyone has any poll question suggestions, please PM me. 

Thanks @partyon for the poll.    Done :)

1 hour ago, cenching said:

I hope so but knowing this drama so far most likely this is what we will get....

Good gif @cenching !  You almost had me ... :Megalol: 

I hope to see more close-up kissy scenes please.   

Maybe some of you have seen this video - the King's abs

• Like 2
  • Shocked 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 5

11 minutes ago, cenching said:

@Min2206

The King’s abs, chest and back muscles featuring Lady Choi....

I am sure our reaction will be the same with those ladies....

LOLLLLL @cenching
I have seen this clip before but back then, I didn't know he is the umm the KIng, pardon me please.

School 2017: Episode 2 » Dramabeans Korean drama recaps

I just saw Choi Sanggung ... oh my god!  She always gawking with that "yummy"  expression!
I love her character in Mr Queen.  I really hope she finds love with the Royal Chef.

And why does the King act so cool and calm, his voice is deeply sexy when he smiles at the ladies.

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

4 hours ago, aisling said:

Episode 1 VS Episode 14.

What is it that famous saying?

“Once tasted, always wanted.” :lol:

The way he even nodded like he understood her LMAO. Maybe Cheoljong put an extra effort into their first night because he remembered her saying she wouldn’t like it :joy:

Well, you never saw this meme So Bong ah...spacer.png

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 2
  • LOL 9

I just realized that kiss in episode 9 was the proper hot kiss scene for KJH. I just knew that he could kiss like that and honestly that's the hottest kiss scene for SHS too for me. Please correct me or suggest me another kiss scene of SHS that hotter from this one.

Will we get behind the scene from that hot kiss? We just got the beginning, we need more.

It's 11.30 PM in my area, still our 2nd day. Even though I will have deadline for this week, normally I always asks time run slowly but lately even I still have some list to do before the deadline, I still want time run fast. I need welcome our weekend so much, for episode 15.

Can I share honestly how I really want this drama take novel ending version?

Spoiler

If we take novel ending version, we can get the king and the queen faked their death and became commoners, spent their time together. Yes, maybe it would be little bit not responsible [but before they did that, they already made their children got marriage and their son inherited the throne] I really like this kind of ending. But the weakness, we never knew the next story in modern era.

I lil bit worried if they would choose webdrama ending. For all three alternate ending, honestly I dislike all the ending, because both of them really died. And for me that's such a tragic death, both of them died when the king celebrated the queen's birthday.

Please don't give us suck ending that make CJ or SB or both of them die, but that HJ or BI still alive but live in misery. I really dislike this kind of ending.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

@Phillip Lundgren Nice one :joy: Seeing So Bong (Shin Hye Sun) struggling with her sexuality is funniest thing ever. Considering how sensitive this topic is for Koreans, I think Mr Queen team did more than amazing job handling it with humour. 

0XRTiuE.jpg

Sure, you LIKED because it was new.... Maybe you should try it again, then... you know, to see if you’ll like it the second time :facepalm:

@cenching @Min2206 Oh, are we appreciating Kim Jung Hyun body now? My turn! Not only he has amazing chest, six pack and back, but he has freaking nice legs as well. Most of Korean actors have skinny legs even though they have ripped torso, but his legs are muscular and very manly. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 3
  • Naughty 3
  • Shocked 1
  • Love 4
  • Blob 1

3 minutes ago, aisling said:

Sure, you LIKED because it was new.... Maybe you should try it again, then... you know, to see if you’ll like it the second time 

@cenching @Min2206 Oh, are we appreciating Kim Jung Hyun body now? My turn! Not only he has amazing chest, six pack and back, but he has freaking nice legs as well. Most of Korean actors have skinny legs even though they have ripped torso, but his legs are muscular and very manly. 

LOL, I was only watching the upper part and back, umm not lower :Megalol:
Thank you @aisling for that - learn something new.

Kim Jung Hyun Tickles Senses In Sweetly Sedating Looks For Arena Homme+

Can't wait for this weekend ... 

• Like 2
  • Love 4
  • Awesome 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

@aisling

We had appreciated most part of his body that aren’t illegal to put in this forumany pic of his lower back aka derrière? :twerk2:

I should add also that this guy got great complexion. Some actors are like Zebra while KJH has the same skin tone all over his body (from the parts that can be seen so far #WinkWink)

I feel like I turned into SoBong when talking about KJH....:shaq:

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

@Min2206 That’s actually my favourite magazine photo of him! He looks beautiful there, I think he looks amazing with curly hair. I actually didn’t like his hairstyle in CLOY. If they had styled his hair like in this black&white photo, I wouldn’t even glance at Hyun Bin LOL.

@cenching I also noticed he had enviable complexion. And he probably knows it LOL. No blemishes and even skin tone. 
hXsrMHg.png

Majority of male k-actors rarely appear publicly without makeup, even if it’s only social media, particularly the young ones. But Kim Jung Hyun feels comfortable with his own skin, he honestly doesn’t look much different with and without makeup.

I really want to see some scenes when So Bong marvels about Cheoljong’s looks. It’s an old trope but I really like it. You know, a trope when a female lead starts noticing how handsome male lead is and getting flustered. It’s always a fun to watch.

@Dramanoona Oh please do share with us what went through your head while watching Cheoljong’s exposed chest :popcornjackson:

@meechuttso Hi chingu! It’s been awhile since we ended up in the same forum, hasn’t it? Are you enjoying (in my case obsessing) Mr Queen so far? I don’t remember the last I was willing to watch a live streaming of a new episode haha.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 3
  • Blob 1

11 minutes ago, aisling said:

@Min2206 That’s actually my favourite magazine photo of him! He looks beautiful there, I think he looks amazing with curly hair. I actually didn’t like his hairstyle in CLOY. If they had styled his hair like in this black&white photo, I wouldn’t even glance at Hyun Bin LOL.

@cenching I also noticed he had enviable complexion. And he probably knows it LOL. No blemishes and even skin tone. 

Majority of male k-actors rarely appear publicly without makeup, even if it’s only social media, particularly the young ones. But Kim Jung Hyun feels comfortable with his own skin, he honestly doesn’t look much different with and without makeup.

I really want to see some scenes when So Bong marvels about Cheoljong’s looks. It’s an old trope but I really like it. You know, a trope when a female lead starts noticing how handsome male lead is and getting flustered. It’s always a fun to watch.

Yes, agree with you that he looks good in curly hair and I also like him  "with his hair  bunned up"  like the King in Mr Queen.

btw, what does this hand clapping gesture means ... i associate it to baby shark song :D

• Like 3
  • Naughty 2
  • LOL 3

In the lake scene, SoBong explicitly admitted that it was trying to put horns on Cheoljong's head (or a “green hat” as the Chinese put it in their dramas), but there was no time for him to be angry or react to it because she then she amended saying that lot of things about being attracted to him. Will we then have a scene of him jealous because of that?

Edited by Mila
translate to English
  • Like 2
  • Awesome 4
  • Blob 1

Preview for episode 15 has reached 1.2 million views just in 48 hours! That’s quite a feast! I guess people are just as thirsty... I mean impatient like us!

NT907a1.jpg

Anybody dying to see BTS of Shin Hye Sun’s ramyun scene? How did she say that with a straight face LMAO. Poor Cheoljong, as soon as So Bong accepts her feelings for him, he’s finished. She won’t be able to take her hands off of him :tenor:

K0iyEyY.jpg

Source: https://www.instagram.com/p/CKfzirPpOs5/?igshid=1vojfq044h0p4

• Like 1
  • Naughty 2
  • Wiggle 3
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 1

2 hours ago, aisling said:

@Phillip Lundgren Nice one :joy: Seeing So Bong (Shin Hye Sun) struggling with her sexuality is funniest thing ever. Considering how sensitive this topic is for Koreans, I think Mr Queen team did more than amazing job handling it with humour.

Sure, you LIKED because it was new.... Maybe you should try it again, then... you know, to see if you’ll like it the second time

hmmm hallo maybe, been silent lurker here because i forgot my old account hehe, talking about his lower body especially legs. maybe i know the reason behind the muscle, he loves to take long walk. he said in one of his interview and his recent online fanmeeting, he even once walked up 3 hours (i forgot how many kms that he took, maybe around 30km)

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 7
  • Awesome 1

Watch: Shin Hye Sun And Kim Jung Hyun Are Full Of Laughs And Ideas Filming Their 1st Night Together In “Mr. Queen”

d091e20825084af09d5975cee615115d.jpeg?s=

Jan 26, 2021
by S. Cho

Mr. Queen” has released a new behind-the-scenes look at episodes 13 and 14!

The historical fusion drama is about a man from modern times whose soul is trapped in the body of a queen from the Joseon dynasty. Shin Hye Sun stars as Kim So Yong, the Joseon queen with the soul of Blue House chef Jang Bong Hwan trapped inside her. Kim Jung Hyun plays her husband King Cheoljong, who is a weak and ineffective king on the outside but is stronger and sharper than he appears.

The video starts off with Kim Jung Hyun’s intricate stunt scene where he flies backwards while tied to wires. After successfully filming, he returns to set with his bloody makeup done and approaches Shin Hye Sun. She jokingly screams out, “Get away! I’m scared!”

The next scene is the pair’s first night together and the two are full of ideas during rehearsals. As the scene gets more intimate, the two surprise by bursting out into laughter as soon as the director yells “Cut!” and Kim Jung Hyun comments, “I can’t lift my head!”

Later, Kim Jung Hyun is filming an intense scene with Bae Jong Ok, who explains, “I almost fell back because Jung Hyun kept coming towards me,” as she pretends to scold him.

Shin Hye Sun then perfects a scene where a rock causes her bowl to fly out of her hands. While the staff member hit the target perfectly on their first try, they hilariously struggle to get it again.

After, Shin Hye Sun begins rehearsals with child actress Kang Chae Won, who is trapped. The director tells them what angle looks best before someone else comments, “I think she might fall out.” The cast and crew then all burst into laughter when Kang Chae Won nonchalantly slips right out of the trap.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1450848wpp/watch-shin-hye-sun-and-kim-jung-hyun-are-full-of-laughs-and-ideas-filming-their-1st-night-together-in-mr-queen

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 2

For a comedy Mr Queen has the most complicated love story I’ve ever watched in any k-drama. I can’t think of any other OTP that had more obstacles to overcome than our No Touch Couple.

Usually just ONE of the tropes listed below would be enough to create angst and drama but Mr Queen combined them all.

spacer.png

1. Star-crossed lovers AKA Your family killed mine. Romeo and Juliet of Joseon era.
  2. Enemies to lovers. When they hate; distrust, and try to kill each other at first but come to mutual understanding/goal later.
  3. First love AKA I’m hung up on my first love. (Technically the concubine lied about being his first love, but Cheoljong doesn’t know it yet and still feels obligation towards her).
  4. Sexual identity crisis. Holding onto being a straight man and fighting impossible attraction.
  5. I’m a fraud AKA I’m impersonating the person you think I am. Do you love me or that person? Do I deserve to be loved if I deceived you?
  6. Time travel lovers AKA I might never see you again in this lifetime because we’ll be separated by time and space. 

spacer.png

Does anybody want to add another obstacle to the list? Honestly, writing this list made me realise that a happy ending doesn’t sound that probable...

• Like 12
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1