[Drama 2020/2021] Queen Cheorin/Mr. Queen, 철인왕후

larus

15 hours ago, ichaichaparadise said:

Do you know where can we read the novel? Is it available with english translation? what's the title?

Already complete all chapter and the epilogue, english translation

Spoiler

Read here : novelupdates

Title : Promotion Record of Crown Princess

9 hours ago, cenching said:

@mizkorea

In a way I feel more compassion toward BI than HJ. HJ is rotten to the core, she feels okay to took credits from SY and uses it as a foundation of her relationship with CJ. She doesn't loves CJ IMO, she wants CJ just to spites SY. If she really loves him she won't easily turns to KJG. I can understand if she only hates SY and wanna harms her but when she surrender The Ledger to Kim Clans (indirectly) she gave up CJ's potent weapon to fights against them. She is a traitor both in love and in life.

While BI, I can totally understand his actions. So far CJ doesn't acts like he is a model husband to SB. He humiliated SB in the public by went to HJ instead of SB during their confrontation about who and whose attempted to pushed SY to the lake. CJ tried to killed SB with a sword. BI witnessed how distraught SY was a night before she jumped to the lake. IF I am BI, I will acted the same way. I noticed that after SB rejected BI, he didn't make any moves toward SB anymore, he put his efforts in eliminating CJ instead.

CJ-SB's relationship is totally like a real husband and wife relationship. Their "devotions" to each other are only known and understood by them.  They take delight on each other companionship whether heart to heart talks or heart to heart bickers. They understand each other very well. Proven by the banquet notes and how CJ knows for sure how much SB loves him.

When I read this, I suddenly remember what my dad and my mom ever said to me, they said marriage not only about love and lust, but the important to make it last till the end was cooperation.

Marriage is partnership. Your spouse is your lifetime friend.

Never expected smooth life after your marriage.

Actually the real cruel reality came after you're married.

As SB ever said to CJ, even if you're so in love each others, after marriage you would just hate each others [maybe because love not enough to stay in a marriage] -

This misunderstanding about love and marriage, I thought CB also ever mentioned too in front of her dad & CJ. People's marriages because of misunderstanding.

Oh yah... I just count that CJ called SB as "My Queen" - CJ really added "My" to highlight his ownership.

(1) When CJ asked his father in law how many guards in their home. CJ said he asked because he's worried about SB's safety. Heard CJ said "My Queen", SB looked not believe what she has heard.

(2) In SB's dream. CJ called her "My Queen" - maybe she kept remember CJ called her "My Queen" when they're in front of SY's dad

(3) Near the lake, when SB asked about CJ's preference to choose Concubine. After SB left him and forbid him to smile etc, CJ said "That's my Queen"

• Like 2
  • Love 2

30 minutes ago, aisling said:

Meet a Greeting Bot, Kim Jung Hyun!

LOL, apparently he’s being called a greeting bot because whenever a “making of” camera approaches, he starts waving :relaxed:

this guy is killing me with his aeygo :cries3:half of this thread is just us going crazy over KJH
@aisling I'm glad someone said it openly :joy: and I'm glad it's SHS who's getting the benefits  

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Wiggle 1

Kim Jung Hyun said his favourite line from the drama was “(my) queen” - Jungjeon. Someone made a compilation of every scene where he said jungneon :heart2:

Isn’t this the cutest? Kim Jung Hyun is genius with his voice and intonation. 

@shimshimae Weren’t we supposed to fall head over heels for our king? What did they expect when they cast someone as charismatic and talented as Kim Jung Hyun? :blush:

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
  • Blob 4

2 hours ago, aisling said:

Kim Jung Hyun said his favourite line from the drama was “(my) queen” - Jungjeon. Someone made a compilation of every scene where he said jungneon

Isn’t this the cutest? Kim Jung Hyun is genius with his voice and intonation. 

@shimshimae Weren’t we supposed to fall head over heels for our king? What did they expect when they cast someone as charismatic and talented as Kim Jung Hyun? :blush:

No wonder it's his favourite lines - he's like the Groot for So Bong (only speaking 'my queen my queen') :partyblob:

I initially didn't like Cheoljong that much but now he's easily one of the top male fictional leads I'm rooting for (all thanks to KJH) - some scenes are so terrifyingly good - I mean ep 14 ending both SB and CJ were again at each other's throats - both their eyes brimming with angry tears and a moment later he's doing the secret hand sign and his face doesn't even have a hint of previous emotion. And this same guy was a puppy not long before that incident - ohh my heart - their acting is giving me an emotional catharsis but I'm quite shallow  very easily pleased with the king's aeygo and his ripped muscles :joy:

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Awesome 2
  • Blob 2

During Sundays and Saturdays, this thread is Mr Queen’s thread. The rest of the days are Kim Jung Hyun’s thread and it’s getting raunchy day by day....:approves:

I love it when he called out My Queen in a soft gentle tones. I feel it’s addressed to me....:evilelmo:

• Like 1
  • Naughty 1
  • LOL 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

@shimshimae I think a true mark of actors is when you watch them and forget that they’re acting. Korea has so many beautiful actresses and actors that being just pretty and cute isn’t enough anymore.

That’s why I can’t watch some actors/actresses even though they’re very easy on eyes. It’s their wooden acting and how they’re conscious about looking good in every angle. 

Shin Hye Sun started as an extra without any lines, she climbed from evil second leads to funny second leads until she was finally given an opportunity to be a main star. She never gave a bad performance and her acting in Mr Queen is mind blowing. You know, it’s one of a lifetime role and she was bold enough to take it. I can’t think of any actresses who would be able to pull this off like Shin Hye Sun. She’s just brilliant beyond words.

If I watched Kim Jung Hyun only in CLOY, I wouldn’t be that impressed with him (though I was more invested in Alberto’s and Dan’s story than in main lead’s one). But seeing his acting choices from wider perspective I think he’s really smart in choosing roles. Especially seeing that he went from a hilarious character in Welcome to Waikiki to a dying hero in Time in span of months makes me think he must be truly dedicated to his craft. Not only he’s obviously gorgeous, but he can pull both melo and comedy. His scene in Waikiki when he searched for a toilet will always be one of the funniest I’ve ever watched :joy: 

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
  • Blob 2

4 minutes ago, aisling said:

she climbed from evil second leads to funny second leads until she was finally given an opportunity to be a main star.

Yep, that's the career trajectory of a k-drama star. I'm glad she is only a few roles away from sealing her status as an A-lister, because holy h*ll, she's talented enough to be one!! Safe to say, she's a leading lady now, and unless the script is exceptionally brilliant, I don't see her sliding down towards second-leads anymore! :sparklyeyes:

7 minutes ago, aisling said:

Especially seeing that he went from a hilarious character in Welcome to Waikiki to a dying hero in Time in span of months makes me think he must be truly dedicated to his craft.

You know why he's SO good? A. despite being supremely gorgeous-looking, he isn't afraid to give a bad angle. B. He's a method actor, like selected very few in the industry (hence he spiraled-down after Time).... it was a risk, and still is. Luckily, since he doesn't take similar roles (look at the range in his portfolio), we won't have a repeat-situation where he 'goes to the dark side, in his head':bawling: But, he's so SO good at playing these 'grey' characters where you struggle to figure out, as a viewer, his moral spectrum... :star:

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

the outfits that CJ have worn are all beautiful. Great colors, embriodery and fabric.

But I still don't get the belt. It just hangs there lopsided, kinda ruins the silhouette and even covers the embroidery in front, doesn't do what a belt is supposed to do...I keep wanting to just yank it off LOL

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

12 hours ago, aisling said:

@shimshimae I think a true mark of actors is when you watch them and forget that they’re acting. Korea has so many beautiful actresses and actors that being just pretty and cute isn’t enough anymore.

That’s why I can’t watch some actors/actresses even though they’re very easy on eyes. It’s their wooden acting and how they’re conscious about looking good in every angle. 

Shin Hye Sun started as an extra without any lines, she climbed from evil second leads to funny second leads until she was finally given an opportunity to be a main star. She never gave a bad performance and her acting in Mr Queen is mind blowing. You know, it’s one of a lifetime role and she was bold enough to take it. I can’t think of any actresses who would be able to pull this off like Shin Hye Sun. She’s just brilliant beyond words.

If I watched Kim Jung Hyun only in CLOY, I wouldn’t be that impressed with him (though I was more invested in Alberto’s and Dan’s story than in main lead’s one). But seeing his acting choices from wider perspective I think he’s really smart in choosing roles. Especially seeing that he went from a hilarious character in Welcome to Waikiki to a dying hero in Time in span of months makes me think he must be truly dedicated to his craft. Not only he’s obviously gorgeous, but he can pull both melo and comedy. His scene in Waikiki when he searched for a toilet will always be one of the funniest I’ve ever watched :joy: 

very very true - I started the drama because of SHS - and then I researched on her like crazy because I was so much in awe of her (still very much am) - not only is she super duper talent, she also has a lot of grit 

SHS's first big award in 2017:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOZoSgC1b_M&ab_channel=KBSWORLDTV

12 hours ago, Chibi8535 said:

Yep, that's the career trajectory of a k-drama star. I'm glad she is only a few roles away from sealing her status as an A-lister, because holy h*ll, she's talented enough to be one!! Safe to say, she's a leading lady now, and unless the script is exceptionally brilliant, I don't see her sliding down towards second-leads anymore!

You know why he's SO good? A. despite being supremely gorgeous-looking, he isn't afraid to give a bad angle. B. He's a method actor, like selected very few in the industry (hence he spiraled-down after Time).... it was a risk, and still is. Luckily, since he doesn't take similar roles (look at the range in his portfolio), we won't have a repeat-situation where he 'goes to the dark side, in his head':bawling: But, he's so SO good at playing these 'grey' characters where you struggle to figure out, as a viewer, his moral spectrum... :star:

yup, KJH nails the grey zone 

• Like 3
  • Wiggle 1

11 hours ago, cdcotr said:

the outfits that CJ have worn are all beautiful. Great colors, embriodery and fabric.

But I still don't get the belt. It just hangs there lopsided, kinda ruins the silhouette and even covers the embroidery in front, doesn't do what a belt is supposed to do...I keep wanting to just yank it off LOL

I always wondered about it too - can someone explain the significance/purpose of the king's rectangular belt? 

11 hours ago, Ni Wen said:

While everyone here is going crazy over Kim Jung Hyun, i guess I'm the only odd one out crushing instead on how Hyesun looks SO PRETTY here!!! :wub::w00t::lol:

she's also quite tall - her height makes the red carpet dresses look all the more pretty

SHS being a mild So Bong:

Spoiler

spacer.png

@aisling - you know, in all of SHS's roles I never saw SHS as the actor but I always saw the character - and once you understand/see what real acting looks like, the "wooden" beauties will be a turn-off 

4 hours ago, cenching said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKpxJozp_UY/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Spoiler for tonight.....

Btw, The Queen's hairdo in a black Hanbok is such a riot, in a good way.....

the power move we never knew we needed LOL

5 hours ago, shiqin3381 said:

Another favourite words from our King

looks like the anti-fans unknowingly started the king's dictionary LOL or rather the king's vocal-utterances-at-various-moments to express his surprise/indignation/displeasure :joy:

• Like 5
  • Wiggle 1

8 hours ago, aisling said:

Plot twist:

Cheoljong is actually in love with Byeong-In and all his actions were supposed to make BI jealous

As if this drama doesn't has enough love triangle from the King/Queen/Concubine and the servants LOL

Na In Woo clenched fists is so cute when Kim Jung Hyun hugged him tho haha:lol:

Clip of scene in episode 15:

credit to the owner

On their wedding night in episode 2, So Bong hold up the cup and told Cheoljong to drink more but he already stand up and then when to sleep.

Now they drink together and not only that they did it with love shot style awww:wub:

credit to the owner

Collections of our royal couple oh ho, jungjeon and cheoljongie LOL

Spoiler

credit to the owner

credit to the owner

credit to the owner

They couldn't because of Covid-19.

I hope they will have an interview together after this but I don't know if they have time after this.

They don't have photoshoot together too unlike main casts in other dramas huhu:bawling:

credit to the owner

Spoiler

credit to the owner

• Like 10
  • Sad 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1