[Drama 2020/2021] Queen Cheorin/Mr. Queen, 철인왕후

larus

14 hours ago, shimshimae said:

I'm all-in for this - they should just leave that awful palace and go to the country side along with their staff but they are the heroes and they need to save the kingdom and the people from bad guys, so sigh. 

yeah - I found the few seconds of the BTS to be quite racy before they breakout laughing lol

what wild? My mind went straight into the gutter and I am still there! :sipsboba: I am also afraid that after epi 15, I could be swimming in the gutter already!

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Blob 2

I am all for them to leave The Palace behind and live as commoners. IF there’ll be no legit heir to inherit the throne, BI can totally have it. He is willing, isn’t it? Tbh, BI can makes a great king despite his unhealthy obsession with SoYong. They have not give us complete story about BI yet. I am sure there’s more.

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

@aisling one more - bonghwan's guilt or sense of justice towards KSY. he's aware of the original body owner (KSY) feelings for the king and the sacrifice she was willing to make for him. he doesn't feel it's right for him to reciprocate because he feels that the king should have understood and loved KSY before she jumped into the lake (not to mention the fact that BH was given a second shot at life through inhabiting her body). or in other words, he feels that he and the king are indebted to KSY in some ways. i guess BH needs to come to terms that it is his personality that the king has came to love and accept KSY chose to end her life and BH has nothing to do with that decision. 

another one will be bonghwan's realist/logical assessment that he will stand a better chance of survival siding with the kim clan. but as we saw in the latest episode, this is apparently not the case. so this trope is resolved.

21 minutes ago, cenching said:

I am all for them to leave The Palace behind and live as commoners. IF there’ll be no legit heir to inherit the throne, BI can totally have it. He is willing, isn’t it? Tbh, BI

can makes a great king despite his unhealthy obsession with SoYong. They have not give us complete story about BI yet. I am sure there’s more.

fully agree with u here on BI backstory though if i'm not wrong the staff pictures at the tail end of the filming doesn't seem to be pointing at BI as king ending. BI was wearing some mourning attire but i really don't know.

also i know some doesn't care about how the timeslip gets resolved/ explained, i still think this is an important part of the story for it to come in full circle.

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

@aisling @kwayteow_mama

This drama so far seems to be able to find an unexpected legit loophole to hook them up. IF none of us know about GPG, who will thought there will be a hot smoking sizzling night between them with real love threw in. Without GPG as a pointer, I will think their marriage will be on the paper only with hoards of concubines in The Harem to serve both The King and The Queen alternately.

The pictures that were circulating in the net show BI and some Kim Clan members in mourning clothes and The Queen gang in peasant clothes. But The King was not around? The drama seems to want us to think that The King will be dead and The Queen will be living as a peasant? I am sure there’s more pictures that are kept in their vault so not to spoil anything. 

The team behind this drama never ceases to amaze me every single episode with their creative ways. I hope they keep it up until the end. 

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

@cenching haha i for one wouldn't mind if king and queen survived the ordeal, give up their royalties and leave all that angst behind and set up a gukbap restaurant chain and live happily ever after.. though i must say i'll miss them in their pretty royal garbs

on the other hand though, cheoljong's character has a love for his country but i guess they can still pull a frozen 2 trope with prince yp..

Elsa: I took an oath to always do what's best for Arendelle.. luckily I know what that is *looks at Anna*

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Blob 1

15 hours ago, shimshimae said:

I'm confused about this part - how are they going to do justice to both BH and SY in a satisfactory way - guess, we'll have to wait for that - I'm quite curious what these mini-episodes will be about - I mean the drama has thus far established how madly in love the king is with So Bong.

From the start, I thought BH was given a second chance at life but in return, he has to handle SY's unfinished business. SY was in the water to end her life, BH fell in fighting for his.  She couldn't do what she needed to do but BH with his different mind set and skills may stand a better chance. 

So in a way, esp now that BH revealed SY's grievances to her father, CJ and firmly told off BI, BH has done much to give justice and resolution to SY's life.

BH's life back in the present though, remains to be seen what the show chooses to do...I'm very curious how they'll end this series...

14 hours ago, tazmin said:

I personally don’t care for more scenes with So Yong nor really for a satisfactory ending with her. They’ll have made a mistake in trying to get me to actually care for her beyond a plot device than a character. ..

If they did have Chef go back in his original body and there is a meet up with CJ, I hope it’s with his own male original body but then the backlash might be too much lol but considering it was pretty explicit that So Bong was in the driver seat during the lovemaking and the episode had high rating, maybe it wouldn’t be too bad?? Sometimes I wish this was a web series so they could be pretty unrestricted but alas

Because I had thought SY died from the beginning (the speculations of sharing souls briefly confused me) I wasn't that attached beyond wanting to know her story. Because it impacts how CJ and others saw her and of course, BH's journey too. The way they doled out info on her in small bits felt like a puzzle being slowly completed.  I wish they gave more sooner but BH himself didn't seem all that interested in finding out  so I guess we find out at his pace.

13 hours ago, cenching said:

The Queen lost her inner male voice right before the first kissing scene with The King. I will say it’s an intentional move by the drama. I don’t think the conservative can accept the fact The King is kissing a woman with a macho inner voice....

I kinda miss CJH's male voice over. It would have made it clearer that he was in the  driver's seat in SY's body. I think it would have been funnier too. And truer to what the story is about.  A 21st century male stuck in a female's body and has to figure that out, figure out how to survive in the palace, and adapt from a straight playboy to loving a guy.  It would have emphasized his fish out of water state as it did in the early episodes.

People have said that they would try to soften the BL tones to make it palatable for conservative audiences, like they did with switching the inner voice to female, but I wonder...Maybe they are underestimating the audience?

If you think about, there were many instances of BH, in SY's body, flirting with the maids and his concubines and they're all female, so looking at purely the visuals, shades of GL there right? LOL

I think keeping the male voice would have had a greater impact when he finally accepts his feelings for CJ bec it would show what he had to overcome (his inner straight male persona) in order to build a relationship with the king.

But, water under the bridge...

How will they end it? This is why I have reservations abt historicals based on real people bec I don't know if we go through all that and then they end it how it is in history which is usually tragic or as if nothing changed...With the often used reincarnation and meet again the  next life, to throw us a life line.

Another is the time travel aspect.  I've wondered abt this.  BH kinda mentioned it once in passing, abt him changing history.  I don't know if he doesn't want to do anything to change history or if he doesn't care. And what do the writers think about this? 

Come to think of it, if BH was able to find that Han guy and deal with him (what was he planning? kill him?) then he will definitely change hundreds of years of history since he would have erased that lineage.  I thought at the time, he didn't even think abt the hundreds of people that would never exist if he got what he wanted.

There are a lot of unknowns still with 6 episodes left.

Having BH have his own unfinished business in the present (as opposed to transmigration stories I've read where the character from the present might have no family or pressing tasks to do), increases the stakes.  And we might not get as fulfilling an ending.  

If BH goes back to get justice for himself, does that leave CJ alone? Or will CJ die and then he goes back? Or does he stay and never solve his problem in the present? Or does he live a full life in joseon and then go back kinda like in Chronicles of Narnia? That last one sounds ok to me...

And then there are the options of them leaving royal life and living ordinary, peaceful lives somewhere. Their own version of Megxit? LOL 

Personally I would like them to win against all these factions and fix the system but I guess we wait and see.

It better be a happy ending though with lots of kids running around! Maybe with the Royal Chef and Lady Choi married, Kim Hwan and SD Hong still best buddies, BI and HJ nowhere on my screen LOL.

• Like 3
  • Blob 4

19 minutes ago, cdcotr said:

Come to think of it, if BH was able to find that Han guy and deal with him (what was he planning? kill him?) then he will definitely change hundreds of years of history since he would have erased that lineage. 

That has an immediate impact on our story. If he eliminates future Han, he never falls into the pool. I've been thinking about how that ending would work for a while... Maybe he gets to go the lake with his GF in his new truck (Back to the Future reference).

Speaking of movies/books, is anyone familiar with the Scarlet Pimpernel? This story and its character dynamics remind me of that tale, especially the tension between a foppish/heroic husband and an aloof wife with political ties to his enemies who he thinks he can't trust. Who are actually in mad love with each other and natural allies if they could only overcome their misunderstandings.

Edited by Raffles
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, cenching said:

The pictures that were circulating in the net show BI and some Kim Clan members in mourning clothes and The Queen gang in peasant clothes. But The King was not around? The drama seems to want us to think that The King will be dead and The Queen will be living as a peasant? I am sure there’s more pictures that are kept in their vault so not to spoil anything.  

there were other ones that has king and queen in their royal garb though don't know where these sits chronologically. also the one with the queen in peasant clothes has archery bow in the background (sobong warrior princess? :joy:)  as of recent episodes, she's still a lousy archer.. 

there's still a lot of potential for storytelling here and a lot to unpack in the 6 more episodes to go

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, kwayteow_mama said:

there were other ones that has king and queen in their royal garb though don't know where these sits chronologically. also the one with the queen in peasant clothes has archery bow in the background (sobong warrior princess? :joy:)  as of recent episodes, she's still a lousy archer.. 

there's still a lot of potential for storytelling here and a lot to unpack in the 6 more episodes to go

Exactly what I want to pointed out. The King was never shown in peasant clothes (except the one when he robbed the robber with The Queen and first steamy kiss). He is always either in his Royal garbs or nobleman garbs or tantalizing spy chest-exposing garbs. Maybe the drama is giving us a kind of misleading clues or want us to believe we are been mislead...:naughty:

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Cheorinshair said:

maybe Sobong will be dethroned.. I saw a photo with Hwajin in wedding queen attire, her hair pin is also queen's pin 

Wasn’t it from a scene where she was at the lake with O Wol ? It was a dream *if I remember correctly.

3 hours ago, Dramanoona said:

Somehow I think the closest to a replacement for CJ would be YangPyeong, his brother. 
Byong  In can’t qualify because he was adopted so he is not actually from the Kim Clan plus more importantly, he does not ave royal blood.

As I ever read Prince YP was CJ's half brother. Maybe something about his background made him couldn't be the next heir.

But still I dunno about BI. I also asked about his Royal Blood. Would writer-nim explained secret about BI's background?

7 minutes ago, Cheorinshair said:

maybe Sobong will be dethroned.. I saw a photo with Hwajin in wedding queen attire, her hair pin is also queen's pin 

As I remember maybe that's on episode 8 or 9, that's HJ's dream. She wore that Queen attire but then when she saw the reflection, that's actually the Queen...

• Like 4

5 hours ago, cenching said:

The King does not lies.....

He keeps his words.....

The King is in love with the Queen, be it SB or SY but as many said, he is loving the new SY 2.0.  

3 hours ago, cenching said:

@aisling @kwayteow_mama

This drama so far seems to be able to find an unexpected legit loophole to hook them up. IF none of us know about GPG, who will thought there will be a hot smoking sizzling night between them with real love threw in. Without GPG as a pointer, I will think their marriage will be on the paper only with hoards of concubines in The Harem to serve both The King and The Queen alternately.

The King did not even go to his harem of concubines.  Not even a night with the Royal Consort.   

36 minutes ago, kwayteow_mama said:

something to tide us through :)

sorry if this has been posted before! 

really appreciate the effort of the person who did this

i was mostly :relaxed: watching this.. am hunting for the queen's version

Thank you @kwayteow_mama my first time watching [ENG SUB] tvNTERVIEW OF KIM JUNGHYUN FOR NO TOUCH PRINCESS  - all the 4 parts.   :D  I like how KimJH acted the King as blur as he is always and the other one in black doing the talking - so funny!

• Like 6

4 hours ago, gglex6275 said:

what wild? My mind went straight into the gutter and I am still there! :sipsboba: I am also afraid that after epi 15, I could be swimming in the gutter already!

All I can say is that the gutter is lively and fun with all of us crowded in there :joy:

2 hours ago, Raffles said:

That has an immediate impact on our story. If he eliminates future Han, he never falls into the pool. I've been thinking about how that ending would work for a while... Maybe he gets to go the lake with his GF in his new truck (Back to the Future reference).

Speaking of movies/books, is anyone familiar with the Scarlet Pimpernel? This story and its character dynamics remind me of that tale, especially the tension between a foppish/heroic husband and an aloof wife with political ties to his enemies who he thinks he can't trust. Who are actually in mad love with each other and natural allies if they could only overcome their misunderstandings.

I've heard of this, it's been on my to-read list for a long time, will pick it up now. Thanks for the recommendation! ^_^ 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cdcotr said:

Another is the time travel aspect.  I've wondered abt this.  BH kinda mentioned it once in passing, abt him changing history.  I don't know if he doesn't want to do anything to change history or if he doesn't care. And what do the writers think about this? 

Come to think of it, if BH was able to find that Han guy and deal with him (what was he planning? kill him?) then he will definitely change hundreds of years of history since he would have erased that lineage.  I thought at the time, he didn't even think abt the hundreds of people that would never exist if he got what he wanted.

There are a lot of unknowns still with 6 episodes left.

Having BH have his own unfinished business in the present (as opposed to transmigration stories I've read where the character from the present might have no family or pressing tasks to do), increases the stakes.  And we might not get as fulfilling an ending.  

If BH goes back to get justice for himself, does that leave CJ alone? Or will CJ die and then he goes back? Or does he stay and never solve his problem in the present? Or does he live a full life in joseon and then go back kinda like in Chronicles of Narnia? That last one sounds ok to me...

And then there are the options of them leaving royal life and living ordinary, peaceful lives somewhere. Their own version of Megxit? LOL 

Personally I would like them to win against all these factions and fix the system but I guess we wait and see.

It better be a happy ending though with lots of kids running around! Maybe with the Royal Chef and Lady Choi married, Kim Hwan and SD Hong still best buddies, BI and HJ nowhere on my screen LOL.

Well BH was talking about parallel universes, a change that happens in the OG world splinters into another universe/world 2. This is important considering the writers emphasised it briefly. Now the only question is when did World 2 come about? Was it when SY killed herself and the transmigration happened? When BH briefly came back to his own body? When CH did his own assassination plan? The writers potentially saying this is World 2 will allow them to be liberal in the future events happening without having to worry about the historical accuracy in current reality. BH’s knowledge of actual history is still useful but it’s likely things diverged long back and this is separate reality from the OG.

Now as a possible ending, I’d have written CJ and BH leaving a fulfilled Meghxit away from royal life until old age, kids have grown ect. CJ and BH die of old age, BH wakes up in current/modern time in his old body blah blah gets better and then meets CJ again in the 21st century :please:

(if I could write fanfic, I’d write this myself) 

• Like 7