[Drama 2020/2021] Queen Cheorin/Mr. Queen, 철인왕후

larus

2 hours ago, shimshimae said:

SHS being a mild So Bong:

I also have had this niggling suspicion from a long time... an actor's standout role in their career is always the character that is closest to their IRL persona. And as much as I have seen SHS's off the camera presence, she is *very* much like So Bong actually, and her body language is like a 'dude trapped in a woman's body'.... she's pretty and dainty and the LAST person you'd think is like that hahahaha... :D her flailing arms, the way she walks and talks... she often absent-mindedly fidgets, and looks like she takes up 'more space physically, than her immediate body requires her to'.... Hence I have a feeling that's why she's nailing this role, because So Bong comes to her naturally. :love:

(just like I and a loooot of people suspect Healer was the standout role of JCW, because his 'bumbling' persona is actually quite close to what he's like in his real life... sorry that's the only example I'm coming up with):sweat_smile:

By no means this is a bad thing. Infact, the other actress I have seen behave like this is Liu ShiShi from Scarlet Heart (china)... it's SO much fun to watch these ladies 'man-spread' in ancient garbs!! And to top-it off, they are ultimate girl-crush!! :heart:

• Like 6
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 1

Aww this is great!  Woke up to so much goodness and laughter. 

Thank you @enzek for the hwatu, love shot clips and best parts - the collections of royal couple on oh ho, jungjeon and cheoljongie 

:heartxoxo:

and also to @shiqin3381 on our Running Queen twit.

The Oh-Ho King is one of a kind, right !  His expression - daebak!

Can't wait for tonight - Queen looks so handsome in black hanbok.   

• Like 5
  • Love 3
  • Blob 1

34 minutes ago, Chibi8535 said:

I also have had this niggling suspicion from a long time... an actor's standout role in their career is always the character that is closest to their IRL persona. And as much as I have seen SHS's off the camera presence, she is *very* much like So Bong actually, and her body language is like a 'dude trapped in a woman's body'.... she's pretty and dainty and the LAST person you'd think is like that hahahaha... :D her flailing arms, the way she walks and talks... she often absent-mindedly fidgets, and looks like she takes up 'more space physically, than her immediate body requires her to'.... Hence I have a feeling that's why she's nailing this role, because So Bong comes to her naturally. :love:

(just like I and a loooot of people suspect Healer was the standout role of JCW, because his 'bumbling' persona is actually quite close to what he's like in his real life... sorry that's the only example I'm coming up with):sweat_smile:

By no means this is a bad thing. Infact, the other actress I have seen behave like this is Liu ShiShi from Scarlet Heart (china)... it's SO much fun to watch these ladies 'man-spread' in ancient garbs!! And to top-it off, they are ultimate girl-crush!! :heart:

haha, it's quite possible - I've watched some TV show where SHS was with her then co-star Sung Hoon who described her like a guy/dude off-screen but on-screen she transforms into a innocent/cute one; even KJH gave her funny looks in the their interview when she said she feels more like So Yong lol 
I'm all up for alpha female leads (love Liu Shishi as well - she's quite uninhibited too)

So Bong definitely comes quite naturally to SHS - in one of the promo videos where SHS was acting like both So Yong and So Bong - she literally flirted with herself LOL - So Bong was flirting with So Yong (who looked visibly scandalised) - that's terrific acting right there - and it's just a promo! 

And anybody else noticed in the BTS how SHS seems to be somewhat mildly flirting with Hong Yeon - SHS would say something and then the actress playing Hong Yeon would burst out laughing while blushing LOL the So Bong spirit is strong 

• Like 4
  • Blob 2

17 minutes ago, shimshimae said:

So Bong definitely comes quite naturally to SHS - in one of the promo videos where SHS was acting like both So Yong and So Bong - she literally flirted with herself LOL - So Bong was flirting with So Yong (who looked visibly scandalised) - that's terrific acting right there - and it's just a promo! 

And anybody else noticed in the BTS how SHS seems to be somewhat mildly flirting with Hong Yeon - SHS would say something and then the actress playing Hong Yeon would burst out laughing while blushing LOL the So Bong spirit is strong 

She did on herself ?  @shimshimae  this actress is simply unbeatable!   I have seen how she did with Hong Yeon and the concubines in drama.   

11 minutes ago, Jillia said:

The producers of “Mr. Queen” teased, “Kim So Yong’s vicious battle for revenge against those who have thrown her into danger will give viewers a refreshing vicarious thrill. It will also be fun to watch how the passionate alliance between Kim So Yong and Cheoljong, who have reached a turning point in their relationship, plays out.”

The next episode of “Mr. Queen” will air on January 30 at 9 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1451383wpp/shin-hye-sun-and-kim-jung-hyun-forge-an-alliance-to-fight-back-on-mr-queen

Hello @Jillia  Good to see you !     Looking forward to their intense partnership on how they combined effort to outsmart  the Kim and Jo clans, including their sister-maids and brothers.  

our present "oh-ho king" 

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Where's My Oppa? 3
  • Blob 3

I’m waiting for the day when So Bong kisses Cheoljong first :bawling:

What if in today’s episode things will go like this. 

So Bong to herself: “It’s kind of experiment. A test.”

Then she will tell Cheoljong: “Stay still. I need to confirm something for myself.”

Then she kisses him first??!!! My delulu mind won’t take that they’re probably just trolling us :dissapointed_relieved:

• Like 3
  • Shocked 1
  • LOL 4
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

42 minutes ago, shimshimae said:

So Bong was flirting with So Yong (who looked visibly scandalised) - that's terrific acting right there - and it's just a promo! 

This was epic!!!:star:

42 minutes ago, shimshimae said:

Hahahaha!... Why do I feel Hong Yeon always has this 'derpy fangirl/ shipper' expression ALL throughout her BTS? Well, SHS is crazy charismatic, and also a total girl-crush. I can see her have an effect on even women as straight as a stick!!:sweat_smile:

44 minutes ago, shimshimae said:

even KJH gave her funny looks in the their interview when she said she feels more like So Yong lol 

Pretty convinced she is SoBong in her RL... there is no other explanation why she's SO good!:D

39 minutes ago, Jillia said:

After agreeing to join forces, the couple seals the deal with a love shot—and the look in Cheoljong’s eye as he carefully observes Kim So Yong reveals that he is surprised by the change in her demeanor.

Man, these HD posters of SHS in her black hanbok and red lipstick... she's out for blood, and looks like a total 'bad b**ch' while at it!... *quickly saves as wallpaper*:wow1:

• Like 3
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 3

11 minutes ago, aisling said:

I’m waiting for the day when So Bong kisses Cheoljong first :bawling:

What if in today’s episode things will go like this. 
So Bong to herself: “It’s kind of experiment. A test.”
Then she will tell Cheoljong: “Stay still. I need to confirm something for myself.”

Then she kisses him first??!!! My delulu mind won’t take that they’re probably just trolling us 

Ohhh, I like your script @aisling   Do share the gifs yea, if any :love::naughty:    

• Like 1
  • Naughty 2
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 1

21 minutes ago, Min2206 said:

She did on herself ?  @shimshimae  this actress is simply unbeatable!   I have seen how she did with Hong Yeon and the concubines in drama.   

our present "oh-ho king" 

not able to find that particular promo video - it was way earlier I think even before the drama was released - so SHS was asked to showcase what the drama is about and she talks back and forth as So Bong and So Yong (they were filmed separately but it looks like So Bong is listening to So Yong and vice versa) - they get asked questions like, "What does it feel like to be the Queen?" etc etc - I definitely remember a post somewhere on this thread with eng sub - not able to find it now - anyone knows which video I'm talking about? if you can repost it, I'll be quite grateful :sweat_smile:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 2

13 hours ago, Chibi8535 said:

Hahahaha!... Why do I feel Hong Yeon always has this 'derpy fangirl/ shipper' expression ALL throughout her BTS? Well, SHS is crazy charismatic, and also a total girl-crush. I can see her have an effect on even women as straight as a stick!!:sweat_smile:

Hongyeon is always shy and fangirling in front of King and Queen!:joy:

Hyesun's absolutely a girl-crush. I'm a straight fangirl and never ever did i thought I'll be crushing on an actress this much. :joy:

I would agree she's a little bit of Sobong. As a fangirl of hers for 4 years and from all her off screen appearances, i can deduce she's a tomboy at heart, cute, charismatic and bubbly... shy to strangers and opens up and goes crazy with close friends.

She updated her personal IG.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKqXP8FDF3F/?igshid=e6bb8ouq250p

13 hours ago, shimshimae said:

not able to find that particular promo video - it was way earlier I think even before the drama was released - so SHS was asked to showcase what the drama is about and she talks back and forth as So Bong and So Yong (they were filmed separately but it looks like So Bong is listening to So Yong and vice versa) - they get asked questions like, "What does it feel like to be the Queen?" etc etc - I definitely remember a post somewhere on this thread with eng sub - not able to find it now - anyone knows which video I'm talking about? if you can repost it, I'll be quite grateful :sweat_smile:

This is the one. Couldnt find the one with subs. :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Blob 2

51 minutes ago, Ni Wen said:

Hongyeon is always shy and fangirling in front of King and Queen!:joy:

She's absolutely a girl-crush. I'm a straight fangirl and never ever did i thought I'll be crushing on an actress this much. :joy:

I would agree she's a little bit of Sobong. As a fangirl of hers for 4 years and from all her off screen appearances, i can deduce she's a tomboy at heart, cute, charismatic and bubbly... shy to strangers and opens up and goes crazy with close friends.

She updated her personal IG.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKqXP8FDF3F/?igshid=e6bb8ouq250p

yes! thank you - it's quite entertaining with the subs actually - you can appreciate her nuanced acting more 

Glad to see a long-term fan - I just discovered her in December and she's my top Korean actress now ^_^

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 2

But seriously what does Choi Jin Hyuk mean by acting as So Yong’s “other soul”?! Did he really give us a major spoiler or was it misinterpreted? 

OST Part 7 will be from Cheoljong’s POV again. I hope we’ll get another OST for So Bong when she comes to terms with her identity and feelings.

• Like 3
  • Shocked 2

3 hours ago, aisling said:

Our queen updated her IG:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKqWAvuJtOg/?igshid=1iuwltktran4t

Gosh, she looks so HOT. I’m so ready for this craziest b**tch to fight back!

Simply awesome .. that formidable look in black hanbok

3 hours ago, shimshimae said:

not able to find that particular promo video - if you can repost it, I'll be quite grateful :sweat_smile:

1 hour ago, Ni Wen said:

Thank you @shimshimae and @Ni Wen for the explanation and video.

• Like 5