[Drama 2020/2021] Queen Cheorin/Mr. Queen, 철인왕후

larus

On 1/26/2021 at 5:48 PM, aisling said:

@Phillip Lundgren Nice one :joy: Seeing So Bong (Shin Hye Sun) struggling with her sexuality is funniest thing ever. Considering how sensitive this topic is for Koreans, I think Mr Queen team did more than amazing job handling it with humour. 

Sure, you LIKED because it was new.... Maybe you should try it again, then... you know, to see if you’ll like it the second time

@cenching @Min2206 Oh, are we appreciating Kim Jung Hyun body now? My turn! Not only he has amazing chest, six pack and back, but he has freaking nice legs as well. Most of Korean actors have skinny legs even though they have ripped torso, but his legs are muscular and very manly. 

Yeah, I am convinced that Bong Hwan's identity crisis has little to do with So Young's soul since her soul is buried deep down the lake, as shown in episode 13. Although half of the latest episode deals with So Bong's sexuality struggle, the progress is natural and filled with humor. It is not easy for an arrogant ladykiller like Bong Hwan to accept that he feels for Cheoljong (or for guys in general). Shoutout to Mr. Queen's production team! :star:

This is the very first drama of Shin Hye-sun or Kim Jung-hyun that I watch. They have amazing chemistry and excellent acting skill. My watchlist is filled with their previous dramas already. :blush:

Edited by Phillip Lundgren
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 11
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

8 hours ago, skinnyjeans said:

Maybe I sound shallow and byeonte [pervert], but I love all the bed scenes! hahaha and off course, love the hot kiss too Just like most of you, demand more long hot kisses 

I think I have watched many of his interviews already, and only in that interview [when they're wearing the royal costumes] KJH laughed so free, happy, comfortable and enjoying the interview.

Sigh, I shipped them.

They have the chemistry on and behind the screen.

They do have amazing chemistry on screen  and behind the screens.

• Like 7

Someone on twitter pointed out that the interview with the chef from episode 1 sounds like it takes place after he woke up since he called himself the FIRST chef in the Blue House not just the youngest.

https://twitter.com/aisling_cherry/status/1354001552315469824

This is making me worried... cause I really want a happy end for our royal couple.

• Like 2

Annyeong. I love reading all your insights it help me in waiting for sat and Sunday. I’m a silent reader and this is my first time posting here :shaq: because MR QUEEN is the best lol. I watch many kdramas and I can say Mr queen got the top spot in my heart.  

Here I want to share my FMVs

• Like 12
  • Love 1

I saw this on tumblr

What happened to Cheoljong “that” night?

What Cheol-jong was saying in Korean.

spacer.png
대체 나를 왜 이리 피하는 건지!
spacer.png
어젯밤 마치, 범처럼... 어흥!! 묵!

fun fact:

Shall we see the last word? he says "묵," and there are two opinions among Korean fans. What Cheol-jong was trying to say was, 묶었다 or 물었다. For my information, the pronunciation of that is closer to 묶.

First,

“묶었다” means Tied up.

Fans interpret that So-bong tied Cheol-jong's wrist with daenggi. There is Daenggi(댕기=hair tie that looks like ribbon) by her bedside

f6ca58027695a6b13e60e0825477af027794ecb8

But it could be that he(Cheol-jong) simply untied the Daenggi and threw it .

(In Joseon, it is customary for a man to untie his wife's hair when a man and woman get married. The only man who can untie a woman's hair is her husband. Therefore, the scene where a man loosens his wife's hair in a film or drama is directed with tension. WhY mRQuEEN wERe’NT ShOW uS ThAT!!!!!!)

It's a possibility if Bong-hwan, a modern person, enjoys sm, but I wonder if he has tied up her loved one (who is a Confucian Joseon person. and she thought him as Hong-yeon at that time). But the production team didn't say anything officially SOOOO imagination is your freedom.

Second,

“물었다” means Bite.

There is also an interpretation that Cheol-jong used the word “Bum/Beom” (범虎=tiger/tigress) and poked his hands together, like biting here and there with someone’s lips

.spacer.png

It's more like a biting gesture than a tying-up-gesture.

I vote for this opinion because this one seems more likely. Where are your hickies, Jeon Ha(your highness)~~~

Conclusion:

It is clear that either of them spent the 엄청난 뜨밤(marvelous hot night). 절.대.해.명.해.전.하

Jjong-ie jjong-ie Cheol-jong-ie!!!! In the next episode, YOU SHOULD EAT THE RAMYUN MADE BY SO-BONG. Make sure you eat it...

• Like 5
  • Naughty 8
  • Shocked 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Wiggle 5

but from my pov i want the king feeling a bit guilty due to his hatred towards at queen. at earlier ep so bong remembered how cheoljong look so yong with despise look before so yong threw herself to the lake , and so yong clenched her heart. so cheoljong will try win back so yong heart ( of course after know about the true story when they were kids)

https://www.facebook.com/1149879528391410/videos/1406898933035498/

but i guess with ep 15 it is so bong who seduce the king. its ok, well the story keeps me demand more. ep 14 was fascinating , makes my heart dum dum:relaxed:

Edited by platenglass
  • Like 7

3 hours ago, Some1ran said:

It's more like a biting gesture than a tying-up-gesture.

I vote for this opinion because this one seems more likely. Where are your hickies, Jeon Ha(your highness)~~~

I vote for biting too!! :shaq: In GPG, after their first hot night The Queen saw The King's hickey and teased him (because she was not aware of their hot night, she thought The King had a hot night with another woman). The King got mad and dump her from the carriage in the middle of the road.

Regarding the Daenggi instead of using it for SM, I would say The King just untied it per tradition similar to what he did with Binyeo. The King is a proper Joseon man in the first place.

• Like 9
  • Insightful 1

I'm worried because it seems the writer is not really good with "Romantic Second Leads."

I feel like the only way the writer knows how to make Main Lead the better option is to make Second Lead awful.

When So Bong and Cheol Jong start to have relationship development, Jo Hwa Jin characterization went downhill.

She was first portrayed to be controlled, thoughtful, and kind but not soft woman. She might have faults, but I was hoping her to become an ally and have happy poly relationship together since both So Bong and Cheol Jong liked her.

It was unnecessary to make her a jealous foolish villain. She could be an ally who spy on queen dowager Jo. She can have her own struggle and politics battle with queen dowager Jo while So Bong has own politics battle with grand queen dowager Kim.

There are already too many villains. What's the point of her becoming a idiotic puppet villain?

Then we have Kim Byeong In. The moment Jo Hwa Jin finished becoming a villain and Main Leads romantic development blossomed, we suddenly get back to his only romantic flashback of kiss scene, and the writer completely ruins it.

Then writer processed to forget his romantic "I'm ok as long as you're happy." Kim Byeong In suddenly decides his feeling is more important than So Bong's.

It was unnecessary to make him jealous and possessive. So Bong could have clearly said to Kim Byeong In that the king trying to kill her issue was dealt with, so he doesn't need to worry about it. So Bong could go on and say "I'm fine with King now, so don't interfere between us anymore," instead of vague "just don't do anything."

After that, Kim Byeong In should have kept his characterization of "I'm ok as long as you're happy," and become an ally.

We already have his adopted father, Kim Jwa Guen, as a villain. Kim Byeong In doesn't need to inherit his father's villain position.

Main Leads easily win against romantic Second Leads because writer purposely ruin Second Leads' characterizations.

I'm also afraid of Prince Yeong Phyeong. Even though he isn't Second Leads like Jo Hwan Jin or Kim Byeong In, he is still somewhat romantic rival of Main Lead, Cheol Jong, despite king not knowing it. 

If writer continues with the same formula, either Yeong Phyeong will be used to showcase comparison between evil Jo Hwa Jin and good So Bong (this is given at this point) or/and his characterization will also be ruined to showcase how great and desirable Main Lead Cheol Jong is. (same fate as Kim Byeong In)

I'm really hoping i'm wrong about this. I really hope writer can write better than this.

Writer please, Kim Byeong In and Prince Yeong Phyeong could be allies and stay as allies to Cheol Jong and So Bong. Make it happen!

• Like 4

I think it is difficult to recharacterise Hwa Jin because her whole story began on a lie. 

She also played a part in the lie, being envious of So Yong when she was younger and wanted what So Yong had. 

She had the King's (CJ) affection because he thought about their shared past and due to family conflicts began his relationship with So Yong on a bad footing, believing that she was just like her family. 

Hwa Jin lost me when she said to So Bong that now she (So Bong) would know how she (Hwa Jin) feels after Dam Hyang was forced to take poison as her punishment. She knew how So Bong cherished the child and that was a low blow. (So Hwa Jin, sorry ....bye bye) 

I wished Byeong In had been better written but now he smells of Obsession (and not the Calvin Klein version) 

Hopefully there is some redemption for him (as he looks like he's eyeing the throne and So Bong/Yong along with it) 

• Like 6

This 20 episodes drama is centered on the relationship of SoBong and CheolJong. In every single episode, the drama allotted minimal half of it for the development and their characters' grow.  There is not enough episodes to fleshes out the second leads. IMO, early episodes laid more than enough foundation for both BI and HJ. BI is The Royal Cousin who loves SoBong and will do everything for her and now he seems to turns into a baddie because of his unfulfilled obsession. While HJ is The Royal Snake who relationship with CheolJong was built entirely on lies, she went from bad to worse in recent episode. So the only direction for both second leads are either they join the body counts like the usual Saeguk Formula OR they join The Heroes Fans Club. This drama is very straightforward in it's character presentation. No grey character, it's only black or white.

Drama that usually fleshes out second, third, fourth characters is daily drama with 40 to 100 episodes.

• Like 4

What the hell!!! Are they trolling us??? After my tweet

created chaos among Cheorin nation ion TW, Choi Jin Hyuk posted this photo on his IT?

Z1JCrWP.jpg

Why now???!! Why post it now and not after episode 7 where he appeared? Does it actually mean Bong Hwan woke up in the future???

• Like 1
  • Shocked 7
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Wiggle 2

1 hour ago, aisling said:

created chaos among Cheorin nation ion TW, Choi Jin Hyuk posted this photo on his IT?Why now???!! Why post it now and not after episode 7 where he appeared? Does it actually mean Bong Hwan woke up in the future???

No no no... pls don't wake up while they're having ramyeon! :scream:

mind blowing "ramyeon" that sends bonghwan back to the future :joy:

• Like 2
  • LOL 6

Mr. Queen: Episodes 13-14 Open Thread

by missvictrix

QUEEN1314_1.jpg

For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction — so it is in physics as it is in the royal court. From the mayhem at the festival, to the powerful ledger and who holds it, to our hero remembering more and more about the queen’s life: every action has its consequence.

EPISODES 13-14 WEECAP

QUEEN1314_2.jpg

Court politics are kicked up a notch after the disasters at the festival showed how ruthless our warring clans truly are. Bong-hwan is desperate for two things: to stay alive, and to keep his sexual identity intact. But both are proving more difficult than he could imagine.

As Bong-hwan continues to lose himself in So-yong, it becomes clear that he has to be as strategic and calculating as the rest if he wants to survive. Another dive into the lake, and Bong-hwan becomes even more So-yong: we get a very clear picture of the torment So-yong was under when she tried to kill herself. “There’s nothing that’s not a lie,” she weeps — and our “second gen” So-yong realizes gravely: this entire place killed Kim So-yong.

QUEEN1314_3.jpg

Armed with all of So-yong’s memories, our second gen So-yong remembers everything from Byung-in’s kiss and confession, to the initial coldness from Cheoljong, to all of the horrors and backstabbing and lies that sent her into the lake to commit suicide.

But even if Bong-hwan is about 75% So-yong at this point, he’s still struggling between the tug of two very different poles: his desire to stay a man and live it up with Hong-yeon and the concubines, and his/So-yong’s desire to be a woman to Cheoljong.

This tension reaches its highest peak this week, in a weird sequence where a sleeping So-yong rouses and thinks Hong-yeon has arrived to sleep with her… but we later see it’s actually Cheoljong that’s there, and they do indeed sleep together (no question about it this time lol).

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/01/mr-queen-episodes-13-14-open-thread/

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1
  • Wiggle 1