5 hours ago, airgelaal said:

2 hours with ads so it's 1.5 hours episode without ads.

By they, can someone explain me BR's change of character? Was it because of brain transplantation, amnesia, pills or what?

So before the surgery, Ba Reum didn’t have any sympathy, compassion, empathy or anything since he’s a predator and not the 1% genius for the psychopath gene. After getting Yo Han’s frontal lobe (I think it was frontal), that led Ba Reum to have more emotion and basically human characteristics.

Also I think him having amnesia lead to him forgetting about his psychopath nature, but OZ made him take pills that cause aggression and basically flip his psychopath switch (I forgot exactly what they said in Episode 19 but it was something along these lines), which kinda took over the emotions that he got from Yo Han.

Basically his emotions and feelings are a big mess :crazily:

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

@ferily I feel the same.  The writer hasn’t presented a good case for redemption for serial killers.  The brain transplant pretty much muddied it all.  Then she threw in the baby swap as well?  That was the final nail in the whole nurture debate.  If you’re born a killer, you stay a killer.  As for whether the trigger (provided by Oz) somehow mitigates BR’s guilt.  I say no.  He was already trying to figure out who the killer was and was going to kill him anyway?  Oz just gave him the Boxer’s name?  :expressionless:  So 7 sins was purely on him.  

His remorse as suggested is due to YH.  Not BR.  As if poor YH (in life) didn’t have it bad enough growing up under the whole guise of being labeled a serial killer’s son.  Now in his death his poor brain that remains in BR is the one suffering the guilt of all the horrendous murders BR The Predator performed.  :expressionless:?  

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

@andy78 @Sleepy Owl@nrllee @ferilyThis drama is an odd one for me.  I think my personal preference when watching a crime thriller is that it should root in reality. I mean I have no problem being in a writer's world if it was done right.  I am fine with any genre as long as things follow the rules and are consistently logical in that world.  The problem with Mouse is it wants to root in reality but throw in these makjang components: brain transplant, baby switch, Truman show/Wiz of Oz to explain the twists and turns of the story.  You can't just make up things when you are backed into a corner, trying to deliver the answers to the puzzle.  The unrealistic Kdramaland-ness of the story and writing, those, make me not take this drama or the writer seriously.  A good psychological thriller or crime mystery slowly peels out the layers and connects the dots in a coherent way.  The ending should close the loop for us without having to add special episodes to help the viewers understand.  That tells me the story, PD or drama was not well planned out.  I agree with @Sleepy Owl, it does feel scattered as if the writer doesn't have the courage to stand behind her writing skills or vision.

I do have to give heaps of credit and praise to Lee Seung Gi and Lee Hee Jon. They are both fantastic in their roles.  Lee Seung Gi improved a a a lottttt from Vagabond.  His portrayal of Bareum was so very believable, downright scary and just a "joy" to watch.  Lee Hee Joon did well with what he was given which is clearly a supporting role. It's a shame that his character faded in the middle for a good chunk of time.  Hong Ju's potential as a complex character was never properly tapped.  The whole drama was BaReum-centric, from the point of view (+ 2 special episodes) to the murky Oz/Daniel/Sec Choi involvement.  That gave very little time to background or development of the rest of the ensemble.  I feel that there was a lack of respect for the police and victims.  It is a crime drama but a majority of the time, the drama gave BaReum control of his narrative where as others always react to his moves.  Moo Chi is always behind a step, confused or manipulated by Bareum; the rest of the police force was clueless and inapt despite their earnest effort.  There was not a lot of sympathy for Chi Kook who was stabbed brutally; he ended up murdered a second time but not before he forgave his aggressor.  Where is the justice for him?  Hong Ju didn't get a chance to show her regrets until late, her character was in neutral zone, timid and indecisive most of the time. I thought it was a miss not to show Hong Ju taking back her life, making amends for her past and recovering from her past trauma until late.  I thought Bong Yi was going to be BaReum's savior, helping him fight off the demons.  But no, she became a knife wielding impulsive young lady who didn't have the foresight to return the love and care Moo Chi had toward her.  I wish they had worked together more.

Overall, I think Mouse was more complicated that it needed to be.  Others enjoy the multi twists and turns, I didn't enjoy it as much. It's depressing most of time, I wish it will at least make an attempt to give us a hopeful ending.  The drama is a little murky in morality, I think it needs to be clear in the end.

• Like 2
  • Love 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, backstreetboysfan said:

OMG what special episode AND 2 endings? 

awwww.....  MooChi's guilt, perhaps the only person that he shot in the line of duty.

Preview text translation of the finale.  Hong Ju knows the location of the evidence/tapes!  Is she going to Sherlock it?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Blob 2

1 hour ago, Sleepy Owl said:

Chingus, we have planned a mini eventon this thread now that the end is near, and we will be having 2 endings. Since we've got some time till the second alternate endings, it would be fun if you all would come up with your version of alternate or even main ending you believe the drama should have. 

Let's have fun Chingus :hwaiting:

@nrllee, @ferily, @Fatemeh Rahemi, @1ouise, @airgelaal, @pixiebelle, @mystic62, @Fruitplus LSG, @aw614, @bedifferent, @backstreetboysfan, @cherriesblue, @holyfea, @GingerK, @ktcjdrama, @illay, @__jesse, @Ahjumemshie Lee, @andy78

Re: @partyon, @Lmangla

MAIN ENDING FOR ME: IT'S JUST A LOOOOOOONGGGGG DREAM FOR JBR AFTER HIS OPERATION. Yo Han is alive. The Oz group stopped operating.

ALTERNATIVE ENDING: NONE haha (FOR NOW) Please give me until tom @Sleepy Owl :D

• Like 2
  • LOL 7

Just to prove how traumatizing this drama has been for me, I watch Doom At Your Service and YH’s friend appears in a funeral home segment and the thought crosses my mind, “wait a minute, he’s NOT dead?” :lol:

spacer.png

• Like 3
  • LOL 9

1 hour ago, Sleepy Owl said:

Chingus, we have planned a mini event on this thread now that the end is near, and we will be having 2 endings. Since we've got some time till the second alternate endings, it would be fun if you all would come up with your version of alternate or even main ending you believe the drama should have. 

MAIN ENDING:  THREE WAY STAND OFF ala Beyond Evil:  BaReum/MooChi/JiEun.... everyone wants a piece of BaReum.  His mom just wants to finish the job for that kind boy YoHan!

ALTERNATIVE ENDING:  mint smell revealed as Lee Seung Gi's Doublemint gum product placement :what!:

• LOL 9

@bedifferent, @Ahjumemshie Lee Chingus, I like your versions of endings, they are funny :loolz:

@Ahjumemshie LeeNow I wonder how interesting it would be, if your version of ending happened. Maybe it is the drugs causing him imagine things :joy:

@bedifferent your first version of ending actually reminded me of Korean movie "Sympathy for Lady Vengeance". There too the FL finds a serial killer killing kids with the help of main detective, and they kidnap this dude, bring all the families of the victims, and they take their revenge on this dude. 

In your three way stand off, we could also see Bong Yi suddenly coming in screaming and flying kick Mu Chi by mistake in rage :joy:

tenor.gif

1 hour ago, bedifferent said:

ALTERNATIVE ENDING:  mint smell revealed as Lee Seung Gi's Doublemint gum product placement 

I laughed a lot on this one :Megalol:

My versions of endings would be, 

Main Ending: Mu Chi finding BR, try to kill him, not able to do so as several Policemen stop him not so easily. Once BR is sentenced to be imprisoned for life, he sees Mu Chi there who wants to personally send him off. When in prison, Mu Chi spartan kicks him in his solitary cell. 

For those who don't know much about Spartan Kick, I mean something like this 

71aff7d1900c5967fea084d9627d1b43aff1d911

As for Alternate Ending, the congresswoman revealed to be BR's real mom, BOOM. They later reveal that the nurse and JE were not the only ones who decided to swap babies. We had a three way baby swap happening, and what happened to the kid she raised (HH's kid)? Since he also had psychopath genes, she sent him abroad, and he turned into a bigger serial killer, doing killings across borders :joy:

In their fateful meeting she would explain how well she created the OZ organization only to protect her real son. Just then JE enters having heard everything, and kimchi slaps her as she thought BR was her kid, due to which she suffered a lot mentally. We would also see BY doing the flying kick right this time, and Mu Chi spartan kicking BR twice.  

Meanwhile in jail HH is kinda disappointed BR is not his real kid, but when he realizes his kid is a bigger serial killer investigated by the interpol, he cannot help but think 

926e5009-c10a-48fe-b90e-fa0760f82fcd.png

• LOL 9

@Sleepy Owl hahaha, you are obsessed with kickboxing!  The three way baby swap had me in stitches.  The third kid with the psychopathic gene is the Super Predator!

I need a .gif for kimchi slap!

I just love it when Kdrama goes Interpol!

The only thing I would add to the jail scenario is.  Bareum received a mysterious care package one sunny day, very much like the same one Mr Yoon received in the Kdrama Stranger 2. No return address on the box.  No hint of the sender.

He slowly ripped open the tape.  

GRRRRRRRR   Gggggggrrrrrrrrr

Scratchhhhh.  Thunk. Bareum knocked down by a cat flying out of the box landing fully clawed on him. Head Hunter’s son hit his head on floor hard.

He looked up.  Cat looks familiar, baring his teeth.... 

No,no, no Bareum thought to himself.  It’s Kitty.  It really is Kitty! He’s back to avenge his mother’s death.  

Those were the last remaining thoughts from BaReum the Mouse.

A tooth for a tooth.

The End.

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

My main ending would be  Ba  Reum kill off the boss lady and defeated the oz group.So Ba reum decided not to clear Sung Yo Han name and faking death to live as a different person.Moo Chi got promoted as he expose the OZ GROUP to the PUBLIC.Before Ba reum faking his death he save bong yi from kidnapping after that faking his death by jump to a ravine with Bong Yi.After that they both live with a different identity and they make a fake id that can be use.While Hong Ju live alone with Moo Chi as a co parent.While the headdohunter get punished by death penalty as death penalty finalized after goverment change.They is no longer experiment and the experiment has failed because they are manipulated by their environtment and the abortion law for psychopath gene cant be finalized cause if the jung ba reum live with his real mother and sung yo han live with his real mother.The Jung Ba reum might not be trigger cause if he live as headhunter son he thought he always a headhunter son and will prove to be different from his father.While Sung Yo Han if he live with his real mother he could be a scientiest who knows.And Jung Ba reum and bong yi live happily ever after with 3 babies

Ok MY alternative ending is a lot dark and is really opposite of my main happy ending

Ba Reum will failed to kill the boss lady as the oz come save the boss lady.After that Ba reum escape and save Bong Yi...Bong yi tried to kill Ba reum but failed miserably and ba reum kill bong Yi.The OZ organization succeed and prove the experiment is a success.Turn out Ba Reum is losing his mind and really got a big headdache. OZ organization killed ba reum as Ba reum no longer needed then moochi clear sung yo han name and expose Ba reum as the killer in a big press conference and sadly said Ba reum the killer no longer alive and close the case.The Law of abortion psychopath babies is finaly finalized and accepted.The goverment not change and stay corrupted.Hong Ju really kill the headdohunter in worst way imagine.She beheaded the headdohunter. And after that she live with her son abroad.The future 20 years later with a lot of psychopath babies being aborted but live seem unbalance as it has no evil nature the police lose their jobs.Like no theft no kills no steal car no crime. A world without crime is born but the life with no balance has somethin missing and people regretted aborted their babies as the real pychopath could be a pilot/scientiest/a doctor as not all psycopath trigger their killer instint it just only when their is in a aggresive mode.The End

How my ending chingu

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 2

Y’all alternative and main endings are hilarious!! :lol: You guys are too funny! My main and alternative endings are just simple and not funny XD

Main ending: Moo Chi and Bong Yi find out the truth about OZ organization and Ba Reum becoming lab rat. The theee of them, Moo Chi, Bong Yi, and Ba Reum work together to take down all of the roots of the OZ organization and dies from brain transplant surgery. End of psychopath gene era, happily ever after.

Alternative Ending: Everything was a lie about Yo Han being dead him dying from brain transplant surgery. Turns out Yo Han is the mastermind behind everything and trying to take Ba Reum down because he’s the real and true psychopath. :cutekitty:

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 1

@bedifferent let me add a bit more to it while we at it. 

The cat is the KITTY, back to kill BR for the revenge. How much did Kitty search for BR, only to be delivered to him like this. He kills BR, makes a collar and hangs out BR's teeth making it look like white snow drop hung in the collar. Gifts it to the cat he wants to impress, so that he can breed more the likes of himself. Kitty is a predator, a psychopath among the cats, and now that he got the taste of killing, the serial killings by this cat will start again :joy:

Also, here's the gif for the Kimchi slap

giphy.gif

Let's just say, in my version of ending, JE ends up kimchi slapping Mu Chi first, before going for the Congress lady. Poor Mu Chi, getting kimchi slapped, and flying kicked by mistake :loolz:

@annura25, @ferily Chingus, I like your ending too :dorakiss:

@ferily the only thing the writer has managed to not do is keeping things simple, so I don't think it would hurt if she for a change keeps things simple in the end. Would she? I don't really trust her doing it :sweats:

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Awesome 1

spacer.png

I am so doomed!

I cried so hard of the Mouse finale.:crybaby:

RIP Yohan, Shin Sang and Bareum.

This is the best ending i could imagine and just include melodrama as the genre along with thriller as well. This sadness hits me so hard, i dont even care with my puffy eyes anymore.

*still crying in the corner

Thank you for all actors and staffs hard working. Thank you for sharing our thoughts here. Please be healthy everyone on this thread.

:loveu:

• Like 5
  • Sad 2
  • Blob 1

I watched the ending episode live. Because I couldn't wait for the sub. I can not stop crying whenever I think of Bareum's fate.

I think the ending was perfect.

1 hour ago, backstreetboysfan said:

How was the ending? OMG did BR die??

Spoiler

Yes and it was so heartbreaking.

Edited by Mahsa Monem
  • Like 3
  • Blob 1