18 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

The more I think about this bill, the angrier I get. Or amused maybe because of how ridiculous it is. Like how is the government going to implement that? Have all the pregnant mothers in the nation be tested? On whose fund? And if found positive with genes, then the government order an abortion to the parents? Whose fund? As a mother, I am going to contest the result. Give me all the research data to show that the result is reliable and valid before you ask me to kill my baby. Show me proof because one BaReum is not enough statistics. It’s my baby and my body, how is the government going to force me to have an abortion? If I refuse, what will the penalty be? Jail time? Hefty fine? Arrest me, arm wrestle me into the abortion process? :lol: You see why I don’t know if I should be angry or laugh at the bill that was passed.  

it's easier to move to another country and later return with a baby. 

And once again. What about grown ups? Why not test them? They are living now and can kill now. 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2
  • Blob 2

Lots of things in this drama don’t make sense.  :lol: 

The girl who squashed the mouse was one.  Like @pixiebelle said, that didn’t make sense.  Actually HJ’s story arc didn’t make sense.  Especially her missing childhood.  That girl was very well dressed and groomed?  In school uniform?  She couldn’t possibly have brought herself up at that age.  Did she end up in an orphanage (like JaeHee)?  Did she get adopted out?  And how would she know the mouse was “bad”?  There was only that one mouse operated on that escaped the box given to Daniel.  But of course that same mouse would show up in front of JH magically :lol:.  And young HJ would just “know” that because it had a scar on its head, it HAD to have been operated on by HH from prison.  So she squashed it.  Unless she witnessed the mouse attacking the snake and drew her own conclusions. :lol:

The whole story of letting HH operate (both in jail on mice and in the hospital) is totally fictional anyway.  There is no way any sane doctor would allow a psychopath near someone else’s brain?  Like how??  It’s just a crazy scenario.

The whole Bill passing to kill the babies with the gene is also crazy.  The writer didn’t have to go there?  She could’ve just left it?  And she’s pretty much shown us that given the right stressors, anyone (gene or no gene) is capable of killing?  JiEun was ready to toss her baby out the window.  She tried to kill JH and so did the nurse?  BY tried on a number of occasions to “kill” the serial killer?  Even kind YH was ready to kill BR?  The writer has succeeded in making Politicians look like they are just as crazy as the psychopaths by scheming as Oz (and their minions are also somehow devoid of consciences to align themselves with the same cause)?  And which crazy doctor was performing the brain swap in the end?  :lol:  Was it deliberate that the actor lying on the operating table in Ep20 was actually named YoHan? 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, airgelaal said:

it's easier to move to another country and later return with a baby. 

In RL, moving to another country is super difficult, unlike what dramas portray, that you can just pack a suitcase and catch a plane. 

1 hour ago, Sleepy Owl said:

Most of the cases will be like Yo Han (not as how he was, but his parents). His mother, the nurse claimed that since the kid's father is a good guy, the baby will also turn out to be good despite having such genes. Wouldn't every one claim the same thing after seeing the test results? 

This is where it defies logic again as have been widely discussed here. Since she believes her baby would turn out just fine, whyyyyy would she switch baby with JE?? *rolleyes

• LOL 3
  • Blob 1

2 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

This is where it defies logic again as have been widely discussed here. Since she believes her baby would turn out just fine, whyyyyy would she switch baby with JE?? *rolleyes

Yeah I was asking the same question?  If I had to choose which son to bring up, I would opt for my own son, with the kind father?  Wouldn’t the odds of him turning out well be better than the son of JE the HH’s son?  I think they tried to explain it as “it will make it easier to kill someone else’s child, not your own”.  And I am like...err...well not 5 minutes ago you (JE) seemed pretty okay with killing your own baby by tossing him out the window?  :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Blob 1

32 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

In RL, moving to another country is super difficult, unlike what dramas portray, that you can just pack a suitcase and catch a plane. 

Hm, I'm also living in a real world. I have friends, who like to spend cold months in Goa or Thailand, for example. And it's even cheaper then to spend it at home.

But anyway, I think this law is nonsense. The world community will be against it, religion community will be against it. 

• Like 4
  • Blob 2

@ktcjdrama, @nrllee that's exactly where the logic fails. What are the chances the kid you are raising is a killer, if his father was a certified psychopath and if the father was a good guy.

Also, you are right, JE was about the toss the baby down, and then a few seconds later she is "We can't kill the kids since we are real mom, but we can when we are not". But it can happen in Kdrama. Anything can happen, when brain transplant can happen, anything can happen in this drama. I mean the writer had several options to pull off Ba Reum suddenly feeling emotions etc. but they went the most ridiculous and illogical way in my opinion. I would be fine, if they would say during the surgery they had to operate his FL causing this to happen or any reason. Once they pulled this trick, for me, the drama went down the drain. 

@ferily I think the fact that Shin Sang's daughter has the genes does not really tell that he has them. Just like how Yo Han's parents didn't have that gene, but he got the special gene. Or maybe, Shin Sang's father had that gene, it was passed on to Shin Sang, but it remained dormant in him. It would explain why this dude on learning his wife was pregnant with Shin Sang voted against that bill 20 years ago. 

People are suggesting we might have a second season. Seeing your post on Zombie mouse, are going to see Zombie Ba Reum coming out of grave and going on a killing rampage in the town, is the writer planning a Zombie outbreak happening in her next drama? Honestly, I wouldn't be shocked if she would :loolz:

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 1

1 minute ago, Sleepy Owl said:

think the fact that Shin Sang's daughter has the genes does not really tell that he has them. Just like how Yo Han's parents didn't have that gene, but he got the special gene. Or maybe, Shin Sang's father had that gene, it was passed on to Shin Sang, but it remained dormant in him. It would explain why this dude on learning his wife was pregnant with Shin Sang voted against that bill 20 years ago. 

If I'm not mistaken in the special ep Choi young shin said to president shin that she knows his son had the gene and he tried to hide the fact. 

But I believe that his gene was like Yo han and he was genius not psychopath. But about his daughter I'm not sure... 

• Thanks 1
  • Blob 2

8 hours ago, pixiebelle said:

Seems like an extension of Ep 20 ?

It seemed that way to me--not really an alternate ending, but including more scenes that they didn't have time for.  One difference would be that we see that the rat lived.

8 hours ago, Sleepy Owl said:

I didn't see the alternate ending yet. So Shin Sang's daughter has the genes? I think the genes he had were the one similar to Yo Han one. I mainly think about this, since he was just too happy to know when his wife informed him they were having a daughter, he was quite excited buying those shoes for his daughter, and when he was killed he tried to reach those shoes. As Daniel had said, the psychopaths don't really put on an act when they are alone. So maybe this guy's father was a psychopath, he wasn't, since we do know that certain genes passed on by the parents also remain dormant in the children, but still can be passed on to their children.

I thought Shin Sang was showing the insane amount of love that psychopaths have for their children.

7 hours ago, ferily said:

I don't want to see no zombie Ba Reum or Ba Reum coming back to life from the dead (That is apparently being foreshadowed here in the ending..)

1 hour ago, Sleepy Owl said:

People are suggesting we might have a second season. Seeing your post on Zombie mouse, are going to see Zombie Ba Reum coming out of grave and going on a killing rampage in the town, is the writer planning a Zombie outbreak happening in her next drama? Honestly, I wouldn't be shocked if she would 

Yeah, NO to zombie mouse.  :crazy:  Either they are simply showing that BR will live again in the next life, or you know, if we didn't see the body, according to k-drama rules, did he really die??  :lol:

59 minutes ago, Fatemeh Rahemi said:

If I'm not mistaken in the special ep Choi young shin said to president shin that she knows his son had the gene and he tried to hide the fact. 

But I believe that his gene was like Yo han and he was genius not psychopath. But about his daughter I'm not sure... 

She heard that his granddaughter has the gene.

4 hours ago, nrllee said:

Lots of things in this drama don’t make sense.  :lol: 

Yes, it remains that way for me.  I just have to give in to the writer's fiction.

:idk::idk:

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

I watched the final special aka alternative ending episode. Sorry but it was boring hahaha!

It is not really an alternative ending but an extended epilogue. 
Lady politician pardoned and later silenced by President Shin. Motive appears to be him wanting to hide the fact that his grand-daughter has psychopath gene (which Lady politician miraculously found out while jailed).

They left a few dangling strands : (1) final brain surgery, (2) mouse discarded by Daniel came back to life and broke of cage (2) Det Shin daughter aka President's grand-daughter has psychopath gene + exhibit murder symptoms by be-heading a toy.

Daniel pondered that HH wouldn't have done the surgery on his son BR if he knew BR would not survive the brain surgery.

MC didn't go back to being a detective despite chief police asked him to. How much can you earn in Korea selling eggs I wonder ?

MC didn't pair up with HJ. MC met HJ/YH's son and said to him he is apologetic to his father.

-------

The episode started with the usual specials and giving out Hunter's Award. YH was not one of the guest. They made BR shout : I am the predator. Hahaha.....it is a fact, no alternative world or alternative ending. 

-------

Thanks for all the contributions on this thread I was able to understand the plot better. Overall, reasonably entertaining and a few surprises sprinkled along the way. Too messy than necessary but most loops explained in the end.

Take care and stay safe everyone !

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Blob 2

I just can comment that this drama is total opposite of Flower of Evil:

a serial killer dad but had a kind son

a doctor who save a life but had a psycho son

It's not because of gene and more realistic

Poor Jung Bareum.

• Like 2
  • Blob 3

@Sleepy Owl at that point it’ll be a makjang drama with Ba Reum coming back to life and becoming a zombie. It’s not going to have a genre of crime thriller but be a genre of zombies! :loolz: A psychopath zombie with feelings and emotions.. Imagine that!

• LOL 4

Chingus, I have put up the poll based on the final episode of this drama, please don't forget to vote. :heartxoxo:

@nrllee, @ferily, @Fatemeh Rahemi, @1ouise, @airgelaal, @pixiebelle, @mystic62, @Fruitplus LSG, @aw614, @bedifferent, @backstreetboysfan, @cherriesblue, @holyfea, @GingerK, @ktcjdrama, @illay, @__jesse, @Ahjumemshie Lee, @andy78, @annura25, @holyfea, @Mahsa Monem, @Avocado80, @Prettysup, @quamquam, @qynn, @jouleoppa

Re: @partyon, @Lmangla

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

2 hours ago, ferily said:

@Sleepy Owl at that point it’ll be a makjang drama with Ba Reum coming back to life and becoming a zombie. It’s not going to have a genre of crime thriller but be a genre of zombies!  A psychopath zombie with feelings and emotions.. Imagine that!

Chingu, this sounds like Zombie Detective though? :loolz:

d6bb9885fb5ab0214e1a368e30d9b40aee424aad

cr.to owner

@Sleepy Owl dongsaeng, what kind of poll is that? Brain Transplant? Zombie Mouse? 

I was just gonna ask whether I should watch the drama now that it's over, but... :blink::blink::blink::crazy::crazy:

• LOL 4

@partyon Noona, the writer just hinted towards it by showing a dead mouse coming back to life. With this writer, anything is possible :loolz:

@ferily I agree with @partyon Noona, to catch a Zombie serial killer, we would need a Zombie Detective who knows to dance

736a911a91dfd3ee13b3fff93dcceab1a28eeee1

They've got another thing in common, they both loved the character played by same actress, 

3b5ab42566082b1c4b875068db826a9d33144213

I see the writer going for a love triangle between LSG and EO Oppa. But, would the new drama be Mouse 2 or Zombie Detective 2 :rubchin:

• Like 2
  • LOL 7
  • Awesome 1

10 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

@ferily I agree with @partyon Noona, to catch a Zombie serial killer, we would need a Zombie Detective who knows to dance

They've got another thing in common, they both loved the character played by same actress, 

I see the writer going for a love triangle between LSG and EO Oppa. But, would the new drama be Mouse 2 or Zombie Detective 2

OMG!!! I totally get it now!!!

hack my life kevin GIF by truTV

Originally it was rumored that EO oppa (Choi Jin Hyuk) and Lee Seung Gi would star in Mouse together, but Choi Jin Hyuk oppa turned down the role.

Could it be that the writer's original plan was actually to feature Zombie Detective and Mouse Killer in the same drama?!?!? :scream:

tenor.gif

But now it's going to be a season 2 instead? :scream:

EDIT: I'm still not convinced I should watch season 1 though.... :blink::blink::blink:

• Like 2
  • LOL 6

8 hours ago, Sleepy Owl said:

People are suggesting we might have a second season. Seeing your post on Zombie mouse, are going to see Zombie Ba Reum coming out of grave and going on a killing rampage in the town, is the writer planning a Zombie outbreak happening in her next drama?

Ehh?  Yeah writer is crazy enough.  But the whole hint with John 11:23 “your brother will rise again”?  The mouse resurrecting?  Then the brain transplant by some random doctor?  Into an actor whose real name is YoHan?

Is she suggesting that they transplanted BR’s brain into the actor YH?  :lol:  Returned it back to YH?  :lol: And now the actor YH who was nice before is now a serial killer BR? And his legacy lives on?  :lol:

But no to a S2.  S1 was so long already and ridiculous enough. I can’t imagine a S2. 

• LOL 1
  • Awesome 1

Hahaha! That's funny because I was thinking Zombie Detective but I didn't bring it up because I actually didn't watch the drama myself @partyon @Sleepy Owl

Funny that you bring up Choi Jin Hyuk and Lee Seung Gi though, because the two actually acted together in Gu Family Book!

Ohhh so the date at the end, 2021.11.13 was a reference to John 11:23 @nrllee? That would be crazy though if the writer did do a season 2 and it's where Ba Reum comes back to life...

• Like 1
  • Love 2

4 hours ago, ferily said:

Ohhh so the date at the end, 2021.11.13 was a reference to John 11:23 @nrllee? That would be crazy though if the writer did do a season 2 and it's where Ba Reum comes back to life...

That’s what some are saying on social media.  And I think BR’s number on his prison clothes is 1124.  So there’s some random theory going on about that too to link it with the John 11:23 passage :lol:

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

I have been following the forum since I started watching this show. There’s one part of the story which I don’t really understand and I hope someone could enlighten me. Why  did Hong Ju do that made her feel guilty and was hence afraid to go back to her parents?

• Blob 1