[Drama 2020] Tale of Gumiho, 구미호뎐

taskdramafanatic

We've only got 2 more episodes to go and I hope these questions will be answered:

1) Who was Taluipa and Hyun Eui-ong's son or more insights into his death and the relevance to the main storyline of this drama?

2) Will Ji Ah's parents find out the truth about their daughter and what happened to them?

3) Who is the little boy really, just a puppy reincarnate?

4) As Hyun Eui-ong said, why are all the people related to Ji Ah's past life gathering again?

5) Will the Afterlife Judge reappear and in what form and why did he take the fox bead?

6) Will the Governor / Moon Bear, Lee Yeon's best friend reappear and play a role in the ending?

:hwaiting:

• Blob 1

13 hours ago, SC2019 said:

We've only got 2 more episodes to go and I hope these questions will be answered:

1) Who was Taluipa and Hyun Eui-ong's son or more insights into his death and the relevance to the main storyline of this drama?

2) Will Ji Ah's parents find out the truth about their daughter and what happened to them?

3) Who is the little boy really, just a puppy reincarnate?

4) As Hyun Eui-ong said, why are all the people related to Ji Ah's past life gathering again?

5) Will the Afterlife Judge reappear and in what form and why did he take the fox bead?

6) Will the Governor / Moon Bear, Lee Yeon's best friend reappear and play a role in the ending?

I have the same question except I don't care about point 2 much Lol. I hope they don't do a Blunder Rushed Ending.

EPI 13-14 Review:

LR LR he created the ENTIRE Blunder Yet I love him the Most.

I still am 65% sure that Imugi Tae-Ri is Halabhuji and Halmoni's Son. Because he was a Victim of Plague and he said you will see how the Real me Lives.

I love how Yeon is practically turning Imugi against Imugi . I mean how weird is this.

Imugi 1 and Imugi 2 are supposedly SAME imugi Yet....One has a different set of Power than Other. And Imugi 2 EVEN WHEN its Living inside JiAH s body cannot Detect Her thoughts?

FOX BEAD needs to have a Prominence other than vauge myths and GPRS.

If Imugi 2 is still not able to Take Over JiAh s body is it possible that she is carrying a Kid of hers and Yeon which is forbidding that?(Yeon is a FOX IMMORTAL GOD , Jiah can possibly have a Godly pregnancy unlike Humans)>>Just a Hunch.

Also if Imugi2 is there inside Jiah's body and Fox GOD Yeon have a baby will it be a Furry Serpent?

Blacky Heard everything Imugi  Tae-Ri said to Unconscious Lee Rang and Yu Ri, I just wished he remembered the part Imugi Tae-Ri said to Lee Rang that may end up summoning his hypnotized part.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

• Guest changed the title to [Drama 2020] Tale of Gumiho, 구미호뎐

I can't say I'm very satisfied with the finale. I started to check out of the love story a while back, so the wedding and romantic scenes did nothing for me. It's weird that Yeon bought Jiah a wedding dress for her marriage to some other future man, and had it given to her 6 months after his death, thus setting her back in her grieving process. Normally I hate melancholy endings but I think in this situation, it would've been better if Yeon stayed dead. Everyone was moving on, keeping his memory alive and also finding their own happiness. I feel like Yeon wanted that. But no, the drama had to tie it all up with a pretty bow and sacrificed Rang to do it. They gave him the chance to follow his brother's video advice, to be the good person he'd always been deep down, to cherish his life, to have a little family for such a brief time, and even confirmed via the fortuneteller that he was actually happy now... then snatched it away in favor of Yeon. I knew there was a high likelihood he'd die, but considering how the past few episodes all but wiped away any trace of him ever having been an antagonist, I was feeling hopeful. He went through so much trauma and pain in his life, and knew so little peace or love, and now that he's finally turning it all around and values his life and the people in it, he dies Breaks my heart. I'm glad he was reincarnated with a loving mother this time but still, that's not really Rang; the drama already established that reincarnation =/= the same person (Though they dropped the ball on that a bit by turning Yeon and Jiah into star-crossed lovers even though they barely knew each other, just because he loved her in a past life. But that's another topic.) The Rang we as the audience knew is gone, and he deserved better.  

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

I already suspected that Rang was going to end up sacrificing himself for his brother but it still hurts anyway. It was so sad because he had recovered his will to live by having friends and a family... I cried a lot watching the scene of Rang's video message for Yeon, that was heartbreaking. 

Kim Bum did such a great job in this drama, he played Rang in such a charismatic way, portraying Rang's feelings so deeply, I was so touched everytime he showed his teary eyes in scene. His performnce was the best thing of this drama for me along with Bo Ah's performance which was very impressive too.

I think the ending could have been better, tbh. It was an okay drama for me in general, I found Rang's interactions with Yeon, Soo Oh, Yuri and even Shin Ju way more interesting than the main couple relationship, I couldn't feel the chemistry between them.

I'm glad we are having the last episode of the spin off tomorrow so we can see Rang alive taking care of Soo Oh. They were my favorite pair of the drama, I wish we could have seen more of their interactions together as adoptive father and son.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I was wondering why the show hadn't ended despite the reconcialiation between the two leads and scenes of them leading their daily lives .... writer-nim, you are such a tease! [for those wondering why I said that, stay tuned right down to the very last second of the show] 

Spoiler

I was thinking about how Lee Yeon could have retained his powers despite being in a mortal body. And it occured to me that the mortal body is a shell, a host to his spirit. So, in a way, he got his wish to be a mortal. But his spirit is still that of a gumiho, so that is how he was still able to retain his powers. I wonder if Ji Ah will ever find out that he lied to her about it. :P

@kehriteI don't know why it was given 6 months after, perhaps Lee Yeon had hoped in his heart that Taluipa might be able to coax the King of Hades to give him a second shot at life? So, if he came back, the wedding dress could be worn for their wedding and if he didn't come back, then it bore his wishes. And there are two parts to his wishes: a selfless one - that she moves on and finds happiness with someone else; b) a selfish one - that she doesn't forget him (despite him saying to let him go, which is ironical and next to impossible - imagine Ji Ah walking down the isle with someone else and wearing a dress given by Lee Yeon). 

As for Lee Rang, Kim Bum did such an amazing portrayal of him and I hope he gets a chance to play a  fitting male lead that showcases his talents. I saw him in Padam Padam years ago and was really mesmerised by him, though his character in that show was somewhat of an enigma. In this story, I selflessly wish that he leads a new life, in the arms of a loving caring mother/family. He can finally be unshackled from his past where he was burdened by thoughts of abandonment. Throughout this drama, it felt as if there was a grey cloud hanging above his head, making him broody, a skeptic and cynical. And despite feeling that he should have been given a better ending, besides his brother (perhaps to a lesser extent the little boy), he had nothing to hold him back in his past life. So, perhaps, if we choose to, we can see that his reincarnation is a blessing and not a bane.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Omg last 2 episodes got me in tears many times esp Kim Bum is such a great act in crying. Whenever he cries, my tears flows like water. Almost automatic. The other 2 leads never get me to tear like his act. The last actress I remember that can make me tear like Kim Bum was Lee Yoo Ri when she acted in the recent Lie after lie with Yeon Jung Hoon, both got me to tear like mad like no others. I am putting Kim Bum in my list of must watch drama in the future. I like Kim Bum best in this show, so much touching scenes he made.

Edited by CA C
  • Like 2

I find the ending such a disappointment. Why does a happy Rang, with his own family now, has to die so that Jia can be happily reunited with Yeon. I just cannot feel happy for them fully knowing that. Such an irony. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Cry a bucket for this finale..writer nim...why it has to be Rang:cries: 

Anw Kudos for kim boem he totally slay rang role.. tbh I never watch kim boem before but now gonna wait for his next drama, main role for sure!

Overall this is a solid show but for me its been lacking the 'umph' factor that could making it great, perhaps if it doesn't over focused on LY and JA love story it would've been better (Yap like some of you say I too still not get LY and JA chemistry)

just my two cents though

• Like 1