Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Finished both this week episodes but I still feel empty about LY and JA's relationship. I skipped most of their scene together but watched enough to get whatever info being thrown in during their scene. The chemistry people saying feels non-existent from my perspective.  

 

While I do love the fact that we get more interaction between LY and LR but it sort of feel bittersweet? The revelation that LY confirmed he intentionally missed the vital point when stabbing/slashing LR does not sit right with me. While he did it thinking he was giving LR a second chance but leaving LR in the middle of the street unattended with severe injury feels more like he wants LR to die slowly without him being the direct cause of his death. And when it was showed that LR got into the bind with Imoogi sidekick not because he wanted it but more like he was forced into it with no other choice sort of make me spite LY more? I guess the main intention of the writer is to show that LY is not the bad guy and he did give LR chance to make his own choice to live his life but it does not work in my own perspective. And then LR basically strutting into Grandma's place but left unscathed just feel like What? Just because she knows that LR wants to die together with LY, she let him loose like that? How can I accept her character as the underworld gatekeeper if she behaves that way. I get that this is fantasy drama, anything can happened but some of the characters feel so disconnected with their personality trait and most of their actions were made just to make sure the main plot keep going. 

 

At this point, I got to admit I am staying for LR, SJ and YR because despite being only the side characters with limited screen time, their own side-story touched me more and made me care for them enough to sit through this drama to know their ending. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just finished ep 6 and I am so conflicted. I'm going to put everything in the spoilers for key events that happened from ep 6 since ep 5 was mostly centered around JA and LY's growing relationship (wh

LY isnt in love with JA, yet.  He just wants her to have a happy life, and he will do everything so that can happen.   I like JAs loyalty and care for Yeon, whether she is in love or no

Popping by to share some of my theories ! It’s been a hot minute since I’ve posted on here !    Anyways I’m too lazy to retype all of my theories on here, but for anyone curious you can check t

On 11/6/2020 at 5:38 AM, kdramagrandma said:

I still feel empty about LY and JA's relationship. I skipped most of their scene together but watched enough to get whatever info being thrown in during their scene. The chemistry people saying feels non-existent from my perspective.  

 

I agree with you. I don't feel their chemistry at all. 

 

I got so attached to Lee Rang because of his sad backstory. I was praying that the writers would give him an opportunity to be happy, living his own love story with someone new in the future but all my hopes died after watching episode 10. It looks like the rest of his life will be made of pain and suffering, he'll probably die for his brother and he'll never know how it feels like to be happy and loved by someone he really loves.

 

:bawling:

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you @paolaadl for sharing the same thought as me. The general consensus I got from lurking through few other thread/blog posts, people going crazy over LY and JA scenes but here I am trying my best to get into their story but failing miserably. :dead:

 

What keeps me going now is absolutely LR and the more we learn about his backstory, the more I become so uncomfortable to keep rooting for LY and JA. That one-liner LY keeps doing with dead pan expression slowly becoming his trait that I hate now. When LR said that he does not has any will to keep on living because no one is waiting for him, my heart just dropped. While LR did a lot of questionable things himself, I want LY to realize he is also the center of it and his action was partially what lead LR to where he is now. I can't give the credit to LY for not killing LR because he still gave severe injury towards LR that lead to the sidekick extending LR life simply by shoving that flower on his face giving LR no choice but to be in bind with the sidekick. Every single time LY calling LR someone who still going through puberty, I feel like I can say the same thing to him too. LY pining over Ah Eum for more than 600 years while Grandma keeps telling him not to meddle into it anymore and move on because his action will cause chaos, he made the decision to ignore the warning for his one and only love. LY got the feeling that LR is under a bind with someone that causes him to act rashly but he never tried to know who LR bonded with. When LY said that he never leave LR alone, there is no scene or at least dialogue explaining what he did for LR after he stabbed LR until they meet again in the present. I keep seeing LR is the one who keeps trying to approach LY while LY being so dismissive most of the time. Time running short and I really want LY to approach LR because he sincerely wants to mend their broken relationship, and not because of LR connection with Imoogi and for the intention to save JiA. I already make peace with myself that LR most probably will not get his happy ending but whatever going to happen to him, I just want him to be free from the pain of being abandoned. Him telling YR not to cry for anyone is like an advice he is saying to himself because he does not want YR to feel the pain like what he is living with because he knows how torturous it is.  :crybaby:

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Such beautiful scenes from the past and the present...

I liked the fight scene between Yeon and AE...that was powerful and sparkly...

AE just kissed Yeon lightly, but it was kind of sexy...maybe because he was just staring at her...:wub:

 

EmDDMhLVcAIehzn?format=jpg&name=small
source/Soompi

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

@kdramagrandma and @paolaadl I admit initially I was not a big fan of Lee Rang in the earlier episodes. But the last few, I have been enjoying him more and more. I think it got cemented by last week and this week's episodes. I feel more invested in him than the OTP.

 

I too don't feel the burning chemistry between our OTP.  They are visually stunning but as like @kdramagrandma I am loving the Vet, Yuri and Lee Rang more too.

 

Alot of great points already mentioned. I finally saw the ep 10 last night after work. What a ride.

 

So seeing more of LY and A Reum in the past and how it came they came parted or knowing the colleagues of our FL finding out their roles in her past lives taking care of the princess. Very cool.

 

Interesting Imoogi is now trying to ingratiate himself with our FL and already staking his claim on her as his bride. Wanting LY gone to take over and then be most powerful. Already he is liking she "passed" him for his comment of consideration about filming dead bodies feeling uncomfortable without their consent. Or interesting he CANNOT hear FL inner thoughts. Hmm that was cool.

 

The human extended life very surprised that LY was in wait at his home was kind of funny. I felt that it too them THAT long to figure it out?  Everyone wants LY and will he give it up? 

 

OMG Yuri liked the rougher side of our VET. He was adorbs sweating bullets when Yuri came onto him. You mean you want to skip all the steps to just GO to straight to bedroom ROAR. Go Yuri! She knows what she wants and she is passionate too. Seeing the Vet get ticked how she was treated at the Zoo (his manly /caring side ) and also protective instincts just got her attraction to him heightened. YESH. Our Vet needs love.

 

Heck LR needs love and I appreciated that LY when he met Yuri did appreciate and tell her to keep being there and caring for LR. (I agree that his NOT killing LR in the past to only have that living corpse save him to gain a favor did not go well with me too.) The fact LR is living to fulfill that promise reluctantly and not being happy saddens me. Such a tortured soul and to have a hyung nim in LY not being direct  with him and mysterious allowing for many miscommunications. WHY?! Uggh so not on board with that aspect for sure.

 

Still looking forward to next week.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Again late to the Party!!!
 

 

EPISODE 9 Review:

 

 

Man This show could have been condensed to 40 minutes, 20 minutes were DRAGGGING........

It did have Goblin vibes but in Autumn Grassland.

Gave me a Reason to find Lee Yeon woo Worthy Again. I missed the SWAG!!!.

 

 

 

1. It was NOT RELEVANT to Plot Point whatsoever worth an Hour atleast. Dragged.

2. Lee Yeon and Lee Rang took 500+ years to Solve and Communicate their Issue!!!.As someone said on viki, K drama people have the Worst Communication Possible Hence NO Communication=Relashionshit!!

3. Writer meant to show the LOVE transcending centuries between LY and AH/JA, Ok did a good Job, but again I am not into the Love story part. She believes Him, He kills her??? Btw the Last Kiss was HOT.

4. Dr Doolittle STOP SACRIFICING!!! Ahjumma Grim Reaper is Cheong Song Yi's Evil Mom in this universe, I mean he literally made a deal with the devil to save them all??? Why???She is Evil, Nice, concerned, Intolerable I do not know what to feel for her at places.

5. Green juice Lady name made me disappointed, she is Eoduk Sini that name made me feel good, I mean Green Juice lady nonono. I loved the expression when Imugi Teen stopped her from sucking CEOs darkness , she literally was cursing him in her head Lol.

6. Lee Rang came to know the Real intention of Lee yeon, but does that explain why he left a Kid in the first Place??I hope he doesn't turn into crying bumblebee in further episodes , I will miss my snarky Lee Rang.

7. Lee Yeon Lee Rang My reaction is precisely this ...:happyshakes:

 

 

8. Lee YEON Turning Tables and SNATCHING Imugis button from Eoduk Sini's Eyes so he can possibly be traced later-on and the ENTIRE SHOWDOWN....Man this show Does have the Best Climatic Moments FOR REAL. 

:fiercebunny:

 

Lee Yeon is the ULTIMATE TARGET , Ji Ah was the bait, How again is he the Most Powerful???Why is Imoogi so obessesed with his defeat???

Why does Lee Rang have no Power despite inheriting LEE YEON'S fathers Blood??? This has been repeated too many times to not wonder....

I find Ji Ah parts the most Boring TBH.

I still am confused what happened in the first episode when kid JiAh stabbed her fake parents. This is still up in the air.

Link to post
Share on other sites

i read few comments that said LY left LR to bleed and might cause him to die

i kinda disagree... with LR's supposed capability to supernaturally heal, he was supposed to be better

without that red orange fruit

i think the main problem is LR lost his will to live

 

After LY hurt LR with his sword, LR just laid on the ground & did nothing like he gave up on his life

Only after that red orange fruit, he was instantly revived and had a sole goal of hurting his brother

for his supposedly-thought-betrayal

 

so i think LY calculated his move and made sure he only necessarily hurt LR without endangering his life

 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

3 hours ago, yukiyukiku said:

i think the main problem is LR lost his will to live

 

so i think LY calculated his move and made sure he only necessarily hurt LR without endangering his life

 

When reading this, I don't know why but I feel a huge urge to go all out defending LR. I guess I get soooo invested in his storyline rather than the supposed epic love plot. I have to admit my brain just goes wondering about him at random moment and starts analyzing about his character. I am sorry if this is too long of a rant. 

 

When watching the scene through LY perspective, what he did was remotely wrong because first, he defy his role as the executioner but because his love for LR, he intentionally miss the vital point. I get that what is the writer trying to portray. A brotherly love by LY towards LR to give him a second chance to repent for what he did. It is pretty straight forward.

 

However, when watching it through LR's perspective, what LY did was much more torturing and it did lead to LR being in bond with the sidekick. Looking back to LR's timeline chronologically, he was born as half human-fox, growing up being harassed by the villagers for every misfortune that happened in the village while his mom locked up inside the house and do nothing to protect him. Due to constant harassment, his mom leave him in the Forest of Starved basically abandoned him there. Who could blame him if he lost his will to live. Growing up with no protection and love and it is not his choice to be born as half human-fox. LY came to save him and that was when he started to live normally and sheltered but still in the forest with no communication with other people other than LY. Most probably SJ and AE too but there was never any mention about them interacting but it seems like LR did know SJ from before. 

 

After the Ah Eum/Imoogi/LY confrontation happened, LY left the mountain and subsequently LR. With no protection by the mountain spirit, the forest was burned by the villagers because they want to kill the remaining foxes which included LR who was living in the forest with LY. All this happened when LR was still a child and he was already abandoned twice at this point. My guess, during his teenager years, he finally had enough trying to wait for LY in the mountain while the forest keep being burned by the villagers, he started to fight back with the hope he can be reunited with LY. Finally LY was dispatched to execute LR for killing the villagers. However, while he was happy to meet LY again, LY stabbed him and left him there. Alone. Again. In the middle of the village, unprotected, and what I assume, severe injury. Being abandoned for the third time now. For all those years he tried to endure everything, someone he deeply love hurt him and abandoned him again. I bet he was in shock and lose his purpose to live.

 

When watching back the scene when LR first met the sidekick, he was barely breathing and the first thing the sidekick did was put the orange flower near LR face and he UNINTENTIONALLY breath it in. I don't really think that LR posses that much power because he is still a half human-fox. Even LY said it far too many times that LR is nothing compared to him. LR life was extended because the sidekick keeps giving him the orange flower and he had no choice to comply because he is bonded with the sidekick and he is still living until this day due to that orange flower and not because he got long life expectancy like full fox like LY and SJ. Even during LR/sidekick confrontation, LR did what he did because he thought he was returning the sidekick favor in hope that the bond will be fulfilled but the apparently the sidekick trick him by not explicitly asking for his favor. He also said that Imoogi never has been his master. I also interpret his malicious actions towards LY more of a cry for attention because LY keeps ignoring him and being so dismissive towards him. While I admit what LR did is wrong, I can say what LY did to LR is also wrong at some degree and LY needs to start admitting he is partially responsible for LR's behaviour because LY's actions and decisions shaped how LR perceives the world.

 

After all this revelation, that is why I can't stop thinking why LY did what he did. Apparently SJ has been following him since his time as the mountain spirit. Why didn't he take LR too? I get that he is doing jobs for Grandma because he wants to keep waiting for AE reincarnation, but why let LR alone if it was possible to keep SJ with him? We have only been shown that he is reconnecting with LR now because LR starts approaching JA and he gets the feeling that LR is connected with Imoogi. Even when he need to choose between LR and JA, he chose LR because apparently he can't approach JA even if he wanted to. I can say that is calculated move too because basically he had better chance saving LR instead of going to JA. I have to say that SJ did the most work in trying to save JA. When he keeps calling LR as immature little brother who still going through puberty after 600 years, I could not help feeling he is belittling LR's trauma during his teenage years. You can't expect someone will grow well if the foundation is wrong. When he used the word that he regret saving LR before, even though LR did fired up and started to fight back, those word will haunt LR during his weaker moments. He said that he never leave LR alone but why didn't he know who LR has been following all this while. Looking back at LR social circle, he only got the sidekick and YR who while we know that LR saved YR, my guess it only has been recent as he gave YR the identity of the department store owner's daughter who was dead. So the statement where LY never leave LR become soooo far-fetched when he does not know who is the sidekick. He only know where the sidekick live after SJ followed LR. 

 

At this point, I feel that LY character is only favorable if it is about AE/JA but if it is about LR, it is a total opposite. When people said how kind and soft-hearted he was, I could not help go back thinking about the moment he abandon LR. I feel that is why I can't fully support LY because how the writer wants to portray him as is contradictory with all his choices all this while. I just wish with the remaining episodes, LY will starts dropping those dismissive attitude he keeps giving LR and starts being more openly compassionate just like what he did with JA. That is because LR deserves that more than JA. And I admit that those azalea flowers was a good start. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, yukiyukiku said:

i read few comments that said LY left LR to bleed and might cause him to die

i kinda disagree... with LR's supposed capability to supernaturally heal, he was supposed to be better

without that red orange fruit

i think the main problem is LR lost his will to live

 

After LY hurt LR with his sword, LR just laid on the ground & did nothing like he gave up on his life

Only after that red orange fruit, he was instantly revived and had a sole goal of hurting his brother

for his supposedly-thought-betrayal

 

so i think LY calculated his move and made sure he only necessarily hurt LR without endangering his life

 

 

 

 Thank you!! I had to log back in to comment on this. I understand the love for LR and everything and I feel the same. The more I learn about him backstory, the more I like him. But let's not exempt him totally from his responsibility. LR had already lost the will to live. That's probably why he thought his brother had wounded him deeply, just like when he entered the forest of the starved as his present day self. It was all in his mind. And now he's stuck with in a stinky partnership...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Very interesting episodes, so much has happened so far, we finally know the truth behind A Eums death, no wonder Yeon was so heartbroken and even gave up his mountain and the fox bead, he was ready to die for her. That was honestly heart breaking the love that they have for each other. I hope we do get a happy ending for Yeon think he has suffered enough already! I am glad he has his loyal friend the vet Shin Yoo by his side for all those years. Although, he loves his brother dearly he wanted for him to learn a lesson of what is right and wrong. I mean he did kill everyone in the village (although they killed his best friend gosh that dog was so cute:dissapointed_relieved: horrible horrible people).

 

Can we talk about how cute Imoogi is, it's hard to hate him when they picked such a cute actor to play an evil character! I mean he looks so innocent, no wonder Ji-A does not suspect him yet. I mean she is meant to be his future bride, I see what he doing trying to get close to her, too bad he can't listen to her thoughts, will be difficult to get into Ji A's good books for Imoogi. But, seriously this is not even fair, who am I meant to hate in this drama when everyone is so attractive? Well except that weirdo who keeps eating those cherries to stay alive, yeah he is the real villain in the drama.

 

The Vet and Yu-Ri now it is definitely getting hot in here, absolutely love their chemistry 10/10. Love Yu Ri she is wasting no time, she knows what she wants and she gets it, go girl get your man! Loved how the Vet was telling his story proudly because he knew that Yu Ri liked that rougher side of him, also when he got angry when Yu Ri said that she was abused by those horrible zoo people!!! They are honestly the cutest, they deserve a happy ending, no one touch them.

 

I was so happy to watch the brother relationship develop finally Lee Rang knows that Yeon did not want to kill him and even came to save him which was a very important step! But of course that cherry eating creep has to ruin everything, I mean go away old guy your time has passed let the brothers enjoy some brotherly love and catch up on things. They both love each other and it is evident, I absolutely adore their bond in this drama. However, the preview for the next episode does not look promising for the brother love.

 

Why is everyone after Yeon, let him rest can't he have a couple days off.  

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Guess who's back! Initially I wanted to take the backseat and continue lurking on this thread, but I knew I had to comment when I read @SweetButters's predictions on the ending!!


Speaking of, I wanted to thank you for your commentary! The way you drew your conclusions from Korean mythology/lore was really helpful in understanding the grand scheme of things. Everyone, please take a look at their blog!! It's worth it :) 

 

Pertaining to episodes 9/10, I'm just relieved things have been cleared up for LY/LR and LY/JA (not totally but just enough to mend relationships). I'd actually expected the JA/LY angst to drag on, but was pleasantly surprised by the kiss at the end. It looks like they're planning a storm for us regarding that ship lol. but regardless, I can't help but feel like the last two episodes raised the question of trust. Some notes on this:

Spoiler
  • For JA, she trusted in LY's character to bring her back. Even despite her having no idea as to why he killed AE. The kiss at the end of ep 9 indicated that very fact and I feel it partially symbolized that there's no turning back.
    • Side note: I found the difference between JA/LY and AE/LY. JA is def more passionate lmao!!! But for real, I loved the full circle we had with the quote, "I've been waiting for you." I wouldn't be surprised if LY says "I've also been waiting for you" for the second time maybe when he really sees JA for who she is (separate from AE)
  • We see the restoration of LR's trust in LY. It's revealed by action when he decides to forgo eating the red cherry and reveal Imoogi to LY. Which confirms: LR is ready to die for LY. This is so heartbreaking, but so like the character of people who have been saved after being abandoned. They almost worship the people who rescued them because they view them as a savior. 
  • It makes sense to see LY showing tough love and taking a backseat in being a "good brother." He doesn't want to cripple LR by allowing him to depend on him. His relationship with LR is different with SJ because he's his brother. The conversation between LR/LY while playing the game makes sense because LY wants LR to be independent and make his own decisions while also taking responsibility. That doesn't mean LY didn't go too far. But we'll talk more about that in the next point.
  • The only person who we haven't seen exhibit trust through their actions would be LY. This really intertwines with who he is and his character. It's also the reason why he may seem very two-dimensional to some. As the mountain spirit and the only(?) 1000 year old gumiho in charge of the forest and people, he takes responsibility very seriously. If you think about his conversations, he talks to both JA and LR as if he will leave one day (after completing his job). There has to be a turning point when he chooses to confide/trust in either one of them and I think that will be the breaking point for resolution. Again, it comes with the honest intention to protect them (making up for both AE's death and LR's irreversible murder spree) but we know how things turn out when LY does things alone. SJ in the past episode was a clear indicator of how much LY needs the people around him. 

 

Also, I'm predicting that LR will actually bring LY's body to Imoogi as a set up (since he has to do it anyway) since Grandfather hinted that he should use his weakness as a means to take the opponent down. After all, for an oath to break only one person in the party needs to die. Nothing is restricting LY from killing the President. But then again, will it be that easy? Here's to looking forward to this week's episode! Hope I didn't drag my commentary too long, just my two cents :) 

 

PS I'm going to call this now, but I'm pretty sure JA is suspicious of the new intern! I loved how she just left him there to look at the mummy HE killed lol

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, kdramagrandma said:

However, when watching it through LR's perspective, what LY did was much more torturing and it did lead to LR being in bond with the sidekick. Looking back to LR's timeline chronologically, he was born as half human-fox, growing up being harassed by the villagers for every misfortune that happened in the village while his mom locked up inside the house and do nothing to protect him. Due to constant harassment, his mom leave him in the Forest of Starved basically abandoned him there. Who could blame him if he lost his will to live. Growing up with no protection and love and it is not his choice to be born as half human-fox. LY came to save him and that was when he started to live normally and sheltered but still in the forest with no communication with other people other than LY. Most probably SJ and AE too but there was never any mention about them interacting but it seems like LR did know SJ from before. 

After the Ah Eum/Imoogi/LY confrontation happened, LY left the mountain and subsequently LR. With no protection by the mountain spirit, the forest was burned by the villagers because they want to kill the remaining foxes which included LR who was living in the forest with LY. All this happened when LR was still a child and he was already abandoned twice at this point. My guess, during his teenager years, he finally had enough trying to wait for LY in the mountain while the forest keep being burned by the villagers, he started to fight back with the hope he can be reunited with LY. Finally LY was dispatched to execute LR for killing the villagers. However, while he was happy to meet LY again, LY stabbed him and left him there. Alone. Again. In the middle of the village, unprotected, and what I assume, severe injury. Being abandoned for the third time now. For all those years he tried to endure everything, someone he deeply love hurt him and abandoned him again. I bet he was in shock and lose his purpose to live.

When watching back the scene when LR first met the sidekick, he was barely breathing and the first thing the sidekick did was put the orange flower near LR face and he UNINTENTIONALLY breath it in. I don't really think that LR posses that much power because he is still a half human-fox. Even LY said it far too many times that LR is nothing compared to him. LR life was extended because the sidekick keeps giving him the orange flower and he had no choice to comply because he is bonded with the sidekick and he is still living until this day due to that orange flower and not because he got long life expectancy like full fox like LY and SJ. Even during LR/sidekick confrontation, LR did what he did because he thought he was returning the sidekick favor in hope that the bond will be fulfilled but the apparently the sidekick trick him by not explicitly asking for his favor. He also said that Imoogi never has been his master. I also interpret his malicious actions towards LY more of a cry for attention because LY keeps ignoring him and being so dismissive towards him. While I admit what LR did is wrong, I can say what LY did to LR is also wrong at some degree and LY needs to start admitting he is partially responsible for LR's behaviour because LY's actions and decisions shaped how LR perceives the world.

After all this revelation, that is why I can't stop thinking why LY did what he did. Apparently SJ has been following him since his time as the mountain spirit. Why didn't he take LR too? I get that he is doing jobs for Grandma because he wants to keep waiting for AE reincarnation, but why let LR alone if it was possible to keep SJ with him? We have only been shown that he is reconnecting with LR now because LR starts approaching JA and he gets the feeling that LR is connected with Imoogi. Even when he need to choose between LR and JA, he chose LR because apparently he can't approach JA even if he wanted to. I can say that is calculated move too because basically he had better chance saving LR instead of going to JA. I have to say that SJ did the most work in trying to save JA. When he keeps calling LR as immature little brother who still going through puberty after 600 years, I could not help feeling he is belittling LR's trauma during his teenage years. You can't expect someone will grow well if the foundation is wrong. When he used the word that he regret saving LR before, even though LR did fired up and started to fight back, those word will haunt LR during his weaker moments. He said that he never leave LR alone but why didn't he know who LR has been following all this while. Looking back at LR social circle, he only got the sidekick and YR who while we know that LR saved YR, my guess it only has been recent as he gave YR the identity of the department store owner's daughter who was dead. So the statement where LY never leave LR become soooo far-fetched when he does not know who is the sidekick. He only know where the sidekick live after SJ followed LR. 

At this point, I feel that LY character is only favorable if it is about AE/JA but if it is about LR, it is a total opposite. When people said how kind and soft-hearted he was, I could not help go back thinking about the moment he abandon LR. I feel that is why I can't fully support LY because how the writer wants to portray him as is contradictory with all his choices all this while. I just wish with the remaining episodes, LY will starts dropping those dismissive attitude he keeps giving LR and starts being more openly compassionate just like what he did with JA. That is because LR deserves that more than JA. And I admit that those azalea flowers was a good start. 

 

I apologize i cut post and may miss lots of points as i have scattered brain :sweatingbullets:

few of my thoughts:

 

1. Though LR may not have full supernatural healing power like LY, he did have some of the benefit that enough to 

make him survive all the abuse he got from his mom & the vilagers

Mom during the pregnancy..drink poison, roll down the mountain/hill, hit the tummy with stones

Villagers...physical abuses, beating & so forth

From the flashback, the beating was serious especially the villagers were angry & meant to kill him
And it happened quite a lot (if im not mistakenly remember)

 

2. I don't think LR's & SJ's case can be considered the same

LR committed grave sin as he massacred the whole city

I think SJ did not commit anything bad after he came to LY's mountain
If LY took LR as he did to SJ after his act of punishment, it would cancel his pretense of punishing LR

and might put LR in immediate danger as Granny would most probably & instantly got so mad

thinking LY made a fool of her.

Not that Granny didnt know LY's pretense, but taking LR again by his side while being an executioner

for Granny is not possible

 

3. And i get the impression that LY wants LR to grow up
i dont think LY meant to belittle LR's trauma but never thought it affected LR so much 

until their conversation in the forest of the starved

Many people go thru some traumatic experience to some degree

it depends on us to let go, get over it & rise up above our fear ...or dwell on our fear & pain

LY lacks of parenting skill, but he wants the best for his brother to grow up

Finally at the forest, they resolved their 600 years long of misunderstanding

i hope LY too learn more about parenting skill...plus communication skill

600 years is sure waaay too long

 

there was also a reviewr said there was time jump between LY left the mountain to find AE's soul on the Samdo river to the time when LY executed LR

because time was run on different pace on 2 realms 

so perhaps that's why LY only found LR when he was already a grown adult 

 

4. There is youtuber reviewer said something about LY intentionally missed the vital point

and that made the contract between LR & the sidekick is not as bad as LR thought

While the Grandma said the only way to break the contract was to die,

the Grandpa said to LR, the parties of the contract must be equally on the same level

This gives a hole as LY didnt hurt LR so bad that would kill him, LR may do the same to LY

so it wont break the contract

I actually like this idea, it gives hope for LR's redemption form imoogi

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Guest changed the title to [Drama 2020] Tale of Gumiho, 구미호뎐

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..