[OFFICIAL] Hyun Bin ❤️ Son Ye Jin (BinJin Couple)

cybertron

31 minutes ago, BinjinUK said:

Hi everyone 

I’ve been a silent lurker for so long, I just wanted to say that CLOY is my first K-drama and binjin are my first ever celebrity couple ship. I love reading each one of your analysis, they’re all so descriptive and makes me even more excited about our favourite couple. This baeksang popularity award fan vote has introduced me to this amazing fandom, full of amazing people who are all united by this amazing masterpiece of a drama. I’ve been voting non stop for the couple not only because we want to see their interaction on that stage  but also because they deserve it! 

I’m from the U.K. btw if you’re from there or an other parts of Europe, please reply. I feel like I’m the only one from the continent shipping binjin, I’ve gone mad!

xx

Welcome ..it is good to see shippers from the other side of the world...:wub:

• Like 3
  • Love 4

15 minutes ago, SHpectator said:

@Samsam i know right?! So motherly and domesticated, thoughtfully planning and preparing everything... she said she likes planning her trips otherwise she might not enjoy... that's why i find it hard to believe the LA sighting with oppa HB was just spur-of-the-moment meetup since they're in the same area... Coincidence my foot! :lol:

Oh i like your analogy!!! Haha. Oh my YES!!!

She plans everything to the dot. So that grocery shopping in Ralph’s? Most definitely planned!!! :lol: 

Oh and I had to take a second and third look at Ye Jin’s fridge during the Master episode. And guess what i saw..there were bottles of Beer!! :lol:

• Like 3
  • LOL 11

3 hours ago, Binjin2Ri said:

I think the master of the house with SYJ was filmed on Nov 13th & 14th 2018. I remember because on the next day (Nov 14th) they made a promise to themselves, and had to write down their promises on their cards and one of them wrote the date on the card.  So it’s after TN promo and I think HB & SYJ have just started to become a couple then :) I believe HB was filming MOTA at the time. 

Haha perfect lol 

Anyways if you go back and watch episode 47 of master in the house. It's sure a fun watch seeing her play movie charades and somehow think of Binnie 

Honestly she really goes into a lot of her planning. She even mentions about planning spontaneous trip isn't a thing in master of the house lol. Which confirms LA was planned lol

The video is obviously not new. The tweet from Smart is

Cannot wait for that interview 

Also I see more CLOY related 2Ri  couple stuff that metro style continues to post about lol after this interview announcement 

• Like 7
  • Love 2

41 minutes ago, BinjinUK said:

Hi everyone 

I’ve been a silent lurker for so long, I just wanted to say that CLOY is my first K-drama and binjin are my first ever celebrity couple ship. I love reading each one of your analysis, they’re all so descriptive and makes me even more excited about our favourite couple. This baeksang popularity award fan vote has introduced me to this amazing fandom, full of amazing people who are all united by this amazing masterpiece of a drama. I’ve been voting non stop for the couple not only because we want to see their interaction on that stage  but also because they deserve it! 

I’m from the U.K. btw if you’re from there or an other parts of Europe, please reply. I feel like I’m the only one from the continent shipping binjin, I’ve gone mad!

xx

Welcome aboard British comrade :D I think there are a few shippers in this forum who are from the European continent as well, but they rarely post and just content to silently lurking ;) 

• Like 6
  • Love 5
  • Awesome 1

2 hours ago, Binjin2Ri said:

I think we shippers should form our own fanclub and arrange a private fan meeting with Binjin in SK :D

I agree. That would be awesome. I am definitely going back to SK when it's safe to travel next year and I will travel on the dates when SYJ has public events/ movie VIP premiere... my Korean bff will arrange tickets or any requirements for me for SYJ fan meet (if any). I hope that she'll release a movie next year. My friend knows I am crazy about her. Would be great if we have our own fan club and be recognized by BINJIN themselves. 

• Like 5
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 4

11 minutes ago, Binjin2Ri said:

Welcome aboard British comrade :D I think there are a few shippers in this forum who are from the European continent as well, but they rarely post and just content to silently lurking ;) 

Hahaa yeah it’s me, I’m from France :blush:

Hello guysss :heart:

• Like 7
  • Love 7
  • Awesome 5

2 hours ago, Samsam said:

. You can also see how organized and “motherly” Ye Jin is. Like she’d prepare everything that they’ll eat from dinner to breakfast. Their activities for the MT and what she’d cook for the butlers were even written in her notes!

She's definitely a planner. From writing memos on her phone, looking up holiday destinations and resorts, and that one tv appearance where they showed her personal schedule for 1 month from when she was still starting out her career. Was really impressed from her lovely handwriting to the discipline it took to stick to her personal goals and schedule.

With her love for flowers and planning, she would definitely have fun with planning a wedding, cannot see her leaving everything to a wedding planner.

• Like 6
  • Love 9

22 minutes ago, Samsam said:

She plans everything to the dot. So that grocery shopping in Ralph’s? Most definitely planned!!! :lol: 

Oh and I had to take a second and third look at Ye Jin’s fridge during the Master episode. And guess what i saw..there were bottles of Beer!! :lol:

Whereas I felt even more bad since I was watching these full episodes for the first time and already think of BinJin too much. I just would find more hints about them in those episodes. Not just only the movie charades game but the hints of how she goes shopping/her fridge, how detail she goes to plan trips and games etc. Originally I decided to watch the full episodes to get a better picture of what her house looks like. I mean there is a light grey chair by the small table by the painting but I don't think the height quite matches from her thank you pic. The main difference you can tell from that angle and what the painting looks like in the episode is right behind SYJ and said painting. There was never something behind/right next to that painting before. The painting also looks slightly higher now. 

I mean I could have ended up over analyzing and should stop thinking about what her house looks like now. I just know what's right behind syj in her pic wasn't similar to her house lol

• LOL 8

19 minutes ago, Samsam said:

You know, the more I think about it, the more I have an inkling that they might have actually shopped at Pavillion because that made more sense to me given the exclusivity and proximity to a golf course. Ralph could just be thrown in as a red herring??? (including in Cloy) We know how cheeky our Jinnie can be right, she’s such a prankster :phew:

• LOL 3
  • Insightful 3

15 minutes ago, yejinatic1981 said:

I agree. That would be awesome. I am definitely going back to SK when it's safe to travel next year and I will travel on the dates when SYJ has public events/ movie VIP premiere... my Korean bff will arrange tickets or any requirements for me for SYJ fan meet (if any). I hope that she'll release a movie next year. My friend knows I am crazy about her. Would be great if we have our own fan club and be recognized by BINJIN themselves. 

Aww that is so awesome! I haven’t been to SK yet. Definitely a must see destination now after Cloy, but it needs so much planning to go from the UK, not exactly a hopscotch destination :lol: Would love to be there for Binjin’s fan meeting! 

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Binjin2Ri said:

You know, the more I think about it, the more I have an inkling that they might have actually shopped at Pavillion because that made more sense to me given the exclusivity and proximity to a golf course. Ralph could just be thrown in as a red herring??? (including in Cloy) We know how cheeky our Jinnie can be right, she’s such a prankster :phew:

It could be. I haven’t been to Ralph’s and Pavillion but then I saw some pictures which were posted a few weeks back. And that Pavillion is quite near to a Golf thingee. 

Only YJ and HB can confirm where they went to exactly haha. :blush:  and it’s still the most solid evidence ever. And yep, definitely a planned meet up/vacation. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Shipper/shoppers just a gentle reminder for us all here. About the baeksang tiktok pls use legit account or else our hardwork will be for nothing and be embarrassing because the robot votes will be removed. And as our comrades here said we do honorably for our babies BinJin. 

Her beautiful trademark says just do what you can and leave it to fate... 

Our loves... 

Welcome onboard new one from france @Wendybe and uk @BinjinUKto this luxury carribean shipping liner as for now we are cruising to nowhere:D

• Like 3
  • Love 4

56 minutes ago, Binjin2Ri said:

Aww that is so awesome! I haven’t been to SK yet. Definitely a must see destination now after Cloy, but it needs so much planning to go from the UK, not exactly a hopscotch destination :lol: Would love to be there for Binjin’s fan meeting! 

I studied in the UK for two years long time ago. I lived in Surrey (Staines). I had European classmates who I am still friends and communicate with. Some of them know CLOY as they interact to my SNS posts but they are not active at this kind of stuff, shipping.

• Like 1
  • Awesome 2

@celest1al i love your inputs :wub:  I’ve seen these portions/scenes a few times already but your inputs are just so fresh, something new to many of us :wub:keep them coming! 

the translation “don’t make me tired this early in the morning” is just plain cute, sweet even :blush:   Maybe Ye Jin is really a ray of sunshine and just full of energy. Hahahaha! Imagine she’s already teasing him that early in the morning. and her laughing at HB’s “fighting” and your insightful analysis of how she said it and the korean culture, if i’ll have to spell this out, it screams serious relationship. Not just pure close friends. 

• Like 3
  • Love 7
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1

50 minutes ago, celest1al said:

I can't sleep so naturally, I've come here... what has this couple done to me...? :lol: I always love reading all of your great insights, and I don't always feel like I can offer or add more to what's already been said, but what I can offer are some random translations. There's always some English translations that come up where I want to chime in and correct, but it's rarely a big deal, so I just leave it alone because I know I'm just being super nit-picky (I'm also a picky princess, minus the princess part LOL). Since I'm up right now though, I thought I'd share some of my nit pickiness for whoever is interested. :sweatingbullets: I was watching some of the original BTS videos in Korean and one of the past TN press conferences, and so here are just a couple.

1. I couldn't find the video with the English subtitles for some reason, but I noticed a lot of people think that HB replied that they are similar in that YJ has a lot of energy like he does. The translation is slightly off here although I understand why. The original question asked was what their image/view was of one another before they acted together, and if there was a change in their view of one another after acting together. HB replies what was similar to the image he had of her beforehand and was reinforced afterwards, was that she has a lot of energy (not relating it to himself) as an actress and is able to completely immerse herself in her role. (I think the word "similar," is why the translation may have been a bit off and confused it as him comparing their similarities when he's actually saying that he found out that this view he had of her originally was similar to how she really is). Love their answers here btw. They were so descriptive and detailed in praising the other's acting, that you can tell they were extremely flattered by each other. 

2. This one is from the episode one BTS. In the Swoon version, it translates this part to "Stop annoying me," but in the Korean version, it actually puts the exact quote of what he says here jokingly, which is, "Stop making me tired this early in the morning..." I think they were trying to capture the essence of it in English, but I'd personally translate the essence as, "Stop...It's too early for this..." It's definitely more of a gentle way than "Stop annoying me." I love his gentle joking and nudging of her here. Love that they are both able to tease and joke with each other in their own way with ease and comfort.

3. This one is from the SK reunion scene. I've read some people think that the hugging scene was improvised, but that's not in the original dialogue or in the Korean captions. They definitely talk about how to hug and rehearse it, but it's clear that it's already in the script. What they're actually talking about here (and what the caption says here) is that the script indicates for RJH to look at YSR and give her a warm smile. YJ is just reminding him of this bit in the script. Which he totally does so well in this scene btw!

4. This is not a translation issue, but it's one of the more subtle, low-key BTS bits I like (there are so, so many), even though it's super brief. Translation is correct and she does say to him, "Please say 'fighting,'" but the way that she says it is slightly nuanced. In the BTS, they usually talk to each other informally, but here, she actually says this to him using formal language. It's in a more polite manner, which at face value people can take as sounding more professional and less intimate, but it has the opposite effect here. In Korea, wives often speak to their husbands in formal language as a sign of respect. The sweet and gentle tone she uses here as she makes the request, coupled with the way she phrases it formally, really gave me serious husband/wife vibes. Being a good "close friend," he listens, but gives the most unenthusiastic "fighting." The caption literally says, "Jung Hyuk! What's the reason for your weak 'fighting??'" And yet... she laughs like he made the wittiest joke and he's the funniest person. It's clear she finds what seems to be a boring response to be cute and amusing because she knows and appreciates how he is.

Anyway, I'm done for now... hopefully this was interesting for some of you! ^_^

Glad to know that "Stop annoying me!" was not the exact words he said. It is one of the bts scenes I thought was a little off on the part HB, along with his reaction when SYJ was asking him a few things while he was making a cup of hand drip coffee, and the Kakao talk interview when he looked a little pissed after SYJ joked about him putting real money in the money gun. I have noticed that Netflix and Youtube videos usually do translation based on the flow of conversation or topic which is technically the proper way to do translation for most languages, however, now that I am studying Hangul, I realize that it's  much better for Hangul sentences to be transliterated to catch their exact thoughts/ meanings, especially the language has so many honorifics to consider. 

• Like 1
  • Awesome 5
  • Insightful 2

27 minutes ago, celest1al said:

4. This is not a translation issue, but it's one of the more subtle, low-key BTS bits I like (there are so, so many), even though it's super brief. Translation is correct and she does say to him, "Please say 'fighting,'" but the way that she says it is slightly nuanced. In the BTS, they usually talk to each other informally, but here, she actually says this to him using formal language. It's in a more polite manner, which at face value people can take as sounding more professional and less intimate, but it has the opposite effect here. In Korea, wives often speak to their husbands in formal language as a sign of respect. The sweet and gentle tone she uses here as she makes the request, coupled with the way she phrases it formally, really gave me serious husband/wife vibes. Being a good "close friend," he listens, but gives the most unenthusiastic "fighting." The caption literally says, "Jung Hyuk! What's the reason for your weak 'fighting??'" And yet... she laughs like he made the wittiest joke and he's the funniest person. It's clear she finds what seems to be a boring response to be cute and amusing because she knows and appreciates how he is.

Anyway, I'm done for now... hopefully this was interesting for some of you! ^_^

Oh @celest1al you made my heart flutter. :wub: I love their TN days but your input about #4 just made my heart swell. :love: I know HB's response was unenthusiastic and it seems like he just indulged SYJ with his weak fighting, but I like that part of the BTS. And you saying that there's a husband/wife vibe,  Yiiiiiiiiiii! :wub::wub:

I want to welcome you to the BINJIN FOREVER Panda Eyed Club but go get some sleep. We need you sharp to translate more. Thank you!  :wub:

• Like 6
  • LOL 12
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

41 minutes ago, celest1al said:

I can't sleep so naturally, I've come here... what has this couple done to me...? :lol: 

1. I couldn't find the video with the English subtitles for some reason, but I noticed a lot of people think that HB replied that they are similar in that YJ has a lot of energy like he does. The translation is slightly off here although I understand why. The original question asked was what their image/view was of one another before they acted together, and if there was a change in their view of one another after acting together. HB replies what was similar to the image he had of her beforehand and was reinforced afterwards, was that she has a lot of energy (not relating it to himself) as an actress and is able to completely immerse herself in her role. (I think the word "similar," is why the translation may have been a bit off and confused it as him comparing their similarities when he's actually saying that he found out that this view he had of her originally was similar to how she really is). Love their answers here btw. They were so descriptive and detailed in praising the other's acting, that you can tell they were extremely flattered by each other. 

2. This one is from the episode one BTS. In the Swoon version, it translates this part to "Stop annoying me," but in the Korean version, it actually puts the exact quote of what he says here jokingly, which is, "Stop making me tired this early in the morning..." I think they were trying to capture the essence of it in English, but I'd personally translate the essence as, "Stop...It's too early for this..." It's definitely more of a gentle way than "Stop annoying me." I love his gentle joking and nudging of her here. Love that they are both able to tease and joke in their own way with ease and comfort.

Hope you will get some sleep soon!! And awww, thanks for doing this! Really love your extra insight for some of these translations, esp videos that we have seen countless times and didn't realise things that you are now pointing out to us.

1. I was one of those who always recall this part as HB saying she has the same energy as him. So this is really insightful that he already has a certain impression of YJ, that she has "a lot of energy as an actress and immerses herself into the role"... It made sense too cuz both YJ and himself have been in the industry for so long, so they would have heard about how they are in real life, esp as an actor/ actress. 

2. Another nice translation improvement! I have also seen elsewhere that the Swoon translation was not that accurate, and he was just teasing and joking affectionately with YJ. They are too close, and HB is too patient, for them to "annoy each other".

4. Love this one! What you share is not obvious in the translations, only local koreans or someone familiar with the culture will get it. Their interaction is cute as it is, now it's even more meaningful!

Thanks so much again!! And get some rest!!

• Like 5
  • Love 9