[OFFICIAL] Hyun Bin ❤️ Son Ye Jin (BinJin Couple)

cybertron

Re-watching for the nth time. I really wish that HB will get his first Baeksang best actor award this time. He nailed his role as RJH and compare to his previous shows, I find his acting extra superb in CLOY

IMG-20200530-200104.jpg

And I hope SYJ gets the Daesang award (She was awarded a few Baeksang Best Actress prize already hence I believe she's proven herself in that category) for her 20 years significant constribution to K-Ent, and for bringing back Hallyu's worldwide popularity through CLOY along with HB and the cast & crew.

• Like 10
  • Love 10

여러분 안녕하세요! ♥

I'm new here, but I've been reading this thread after watching CLOY, and will continue to ship them until our prayers are heard from above. #InGroceryWeTrust.

Thank you for the wonderful input of many users. This is the first time I'm shipping a love team in a series. I hope this will have a happy ending.

Again, thank you all.

• Like 9
  • Love 11

2 hours ago, celest1al said:

I can't sleep so naturally, I've come here... what has this couple done to me...? :lol: I always love reading all of your great insights, and I don't always feel like I can offer or add more to what's already been said, but what I can offer are some random translations. There's always some English translations that come up where I want to chime in and correct, but it's rarely a big deal, so I just leave it alone because I know I'm just being super nit-picky (I'm also a picky princess, minus the princess part LOL). Since I'm up right now though, I thought I'd share some of my nit pickiness for whoever is interested. :sweatingbullets: I was watching some of the original BTS videos in Korean and one of the past TN press conferences, and so here are just a couple.

Amen for your post and I hope you got a good night sleep after getting this off your chest!

I'm glad you shared this because I too felt that many of the subtle translation weren't caught fully when I watched many of the english translated BTS clips of CLOY. I love Swoonie videos but I felt that some of their BTS translations were a little off and gave a different vibe to what BinJin intended to say. A prominent example is the "Stop annoying me," some people actually took that literally and used that to argue that Binnie was actually annoyed at YJ and wanted her to stop fooling around (which wasn't true since they were joking and now we get a better understanding with your translation).

Sometimes I get really jealous of korean fans because they would understand fully what BinJin say, while us international fans would need to rely on different translation sources to grasp the actual meaning.

• Like 2
  • Love 4
  • Awesome 2

Hello. Thank you for accepting me to this wonderful forum. I am a newbie when it comes to BinJin, got hooked after CLOY.  Over the last couple of weeks, I have been spending hours looking at the various Social Media platforms on BinJin. Thankfully, I am an empty nester and a retiree so I have plenty of time for this recent obssession. LOL  I just love, love them and hoping for the best for them. Of course, I would love for them to be married and have a family. They both deserve to be happy. But anyway, I do have a question for the BinJin experts here. I read that HB was in Spain in June 2018 to shoot Alhambra, and SYJ was in France the same period for her Bazaar shoot. I was looking at SYJ's June 2018  IG posts  on her trip to France and if one scrolls through the pics, there were a couple of pictures of her and a guy in white shirt who uncannily looks like HB - dimples, same height, etc. Someone said that the guy is her manager but I don't believe it is because SYJ also has a pic of her with her manager in same post and the manager was wearing a different shirt. Could it be that HB went to France to visit SYJ on one of his shooting breaks? I am not going to put a link or post pics here but if someone can put my inquiry mind at ease, I would be grateful. Thank you. 

Edited by Beadharmony
  • Like 4
  • Unamused 1
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, celest1al said:

4. This is not a translation issue, but it's one of the more subtle, low-key BTS bits I like (there are so, so many), even though it's super brief. Translation is correct and she does say to him, "Please say 'fighting,'" but the way that she says it is slightly nuanced. In the BTS, they usually talk to each other informally, but here, she actually says this to him using formal language. It's in a more polite manner, which at face value people can take as sounding more professional and less intimate, but it has the opposite effect here. In Korea, wives often speak to their husbands in formal language as a sign of respect. The sweet and gentle tone she uses here as she makes the request, coupled with the way she phrases it formally, really gave me serious husband/wife vibes. Being a good "close friend," he listens, but gives the most unenthusiastic "fighting." The caption literally says, "Jung Hyuk! What's the reason for your weak 'fighting??'" And yet... she laughs like he made the wittiest joke and he's the funniest person. It's clear she finds what seems to be a boring response to be cute and amusing because she knows and appreciates how he is.

Thanks @celest1al especially for that part above. The way she was telling him always looked like a husband/wife vibe to me lol. I also love how they always speak informally to each other and when they have to be all formal it is a bit weird for them unless they are teasing each other lol. I had noticed from watching the CLOY special episode that the translations there would mismatch from Swoon. So I started to get confused with some of the Swoon translations. 

@Beadharmony There were theories that he may have briefly found time to visit her in France while he was in Slovenia to shoot MOTA. Like he went there during a filming break or something. As much as I would have loved him to visit her, I assume the shoot would have been tight around his filming schedule. Unless he got very jealous while watching SITR and really wanted to see her then LOL. That could go with SYJ mentioning in an interview how even her friends were asking her if JHI and her were dating lol. JHI and SYJ always gave me pretty noona vibes though. So I laughed when I read she mentioned that. I questioned who these "friends" were. If it was her "close friend" than that would make sense lol

Wonder what SYJ plans are to celebrate her 20th anniversary

• Like 4
  • Love 3

@celest1al I really love your input with the translations. Can you also help translate the bts part where they were in Mongolia in front of the camp fire, and SYJ was putting the blanket over HB, and she said, “sorry I can’t help touching you” then HB jokingly said “go away”? 

Were those the exact meanings? 

Thanks heaps ! 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Samsam said:

It could be. I haven’t been to Ralph’s and Pavillion but then I saw some pictures which were posted a few weeks back. And that Pavillion is quite near to a Golf thingee. 

Only YJ and HB can confirm where they went to exactly haha. :blush:  and it’s still the most solid evidence ever. And yep, definitely a planned meet up/vacation. 

Yes that is definitely Pavilions and not Ralph's based on the cart and the sale tags. With regards proximity to a golf course, I believe the one mentioned is Pelican Resort in Newport Beach.  It is an exclusive resort with a private golf course (you have to be super rich to afford playing there)- Trivia: Pelican Resort is also where Kobe Bryant has a home.  So for them to be making dinner at an exclusive resort would maybe not make sense.  Pavilions is everywhere in LA and Orange County. Also is it true SYJ's sister lives in Los Angeles?  The give -aways from her niece Sophia's 1st bday seem to indicate they celebrated in place where English is spoken.These are just my observations, please chime in if incorrect.  

This is my first time to ship a couple ever!  I am even using my real name!  BinJin couple has affected me so much in ways I cannot explain.  Coming to this forum has given me a sense of relief that I am not alone.  This is a wonderful shared feeling and I am glad to be in this community.  BinJin is love, BinJin is joy!!!

• Like 7
  • Love 10
  • Awesome 3

10 hours ago, 4leafclover said:

I'm also confused about this "verify your tiktok account" thing. I keep seeing this on ig and Twitter but no one confirmed if it is true/really necessary. Kinda bothered with all that multiple IDs we created lol but I'm pretty sure other fandoms did the same thing. But how does it work for Baeksang? Do they really clear up unconfirmed votes prior to the event? Did it happen in the past?

(I'm wondering if this is just a tactic for us to stop voting using those dummy accounts)

If you go to Tiktok settings, manage your account and enter your email address, it will send you a code to your email to verify your account. I read somewhere people are using dummy emails to create accounts. I saw someone posted you can change the email and verify the account.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, yejinatic1981 said:

Re-watching for the nth time. I really wish that HB will get his first Baeksang best actor award this time. He nailed his role as RJH and compare to his previous shows, I find his acting extra superb in CLOY

And I hope SYJ gets the Daesang award (She was awarded a few Baeksang Best Actress prize already hence I believe she's proven herself in that category) for her 20 years significant constribution to K-Ent, and for bringing back Hallyu's worldwide popularity through CLOY along with HB and the cast & crew.

I agree 100%. That’s my wish for them too. Also Cloy wins best drama, best writer and director. Fingers crossed!

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Awesome 4

2 hours ago, yejinatic1981 said:

And I hope SYJ gets the Daesang award (She was awarded a few Baeksang Best Actress prize already hence I believe she's proven herself in that category) for her 20 years significant constribution to K-Ent, and for bringing back Hallyu's worldwide popularity through CLOY along with HB and the cast & crew.

The hospital scene (when he finds she is awake), drinking soju confession scene, the SK/NK border are some of the many reasons why I find HB's acting worth winning Best Actor over his other competitors. Also, the fact he has to keep this stern NK soldier persona and hide his true feelings to Yoon Se Ri. Even the scene where he gets the call from Yoon Se Ri as she is taken away.. Like the one single tear and the way he spoke. We already know how HB is so good at action/fight scenes. So to even have that included into his character, just gives HB having a more complete package of a character to show all different sides of his acting. Also, the fact that it just feels so natural when he says all these lines compared to his competitors and their roles on their shows. Yes I find his main competition to be KHN in WTCB - which some have already mentioned in here before. Although I am still hopeful, it will go to HB instead

Honestly, SYJ is the best actress already - that is why she finally deserves to win the Daesang and CLOY just elevated her acting even more. Like the fact everytime she is crying or saying something, I feel that emotion. I never cried so much while watching a TV Show before. Even her small little gestures elevate the character and the scene. This is her first role where she had so many lines and she nailed them to perfection. I am literally laughing and crying so hard while watching the show. And it keeps happening again the number of times I watch the show. Also when you compare HB Daesang winning role in SeGa, his character development and the way his acting growth in that role is quite similar to SYJ in CLOY. If the judges on the panel were already questioning on whether to give it to CLOY or SYJ, the moment that SK/NK scene happen, it is a given. The small gesture of her hand shaking. Like wow! 

Anyways, can't wait for Baeksang. Hope both BinJin and CLOY get the awards they deserve :wub:

I just cannot wait for all the potential BinJin content. I am also glad that SYJ has HB now. So unlike PIFAN, when she was laughing and he didnt notice.. this time when she does laugh at Baeksang, he will notice :wub:

• Like 8
  • Love 10

1 hour ago, Beadharmony said:

Hello. Thank you for accepting me to this wonderful forum. I am a newbie when it comes to BinJin, got hooked after CLOY.  Over the last couple of weeks, I have been spending hours looking at the various Social Media platforms on BinJin. Thankfully, I am an empty nester and a retiree so I have plenty of time for this recent obssession. LOL  I just love, love them and hoping for the best for them. Of course, I would love for them to be married and have a family. They both deserve to be happy. But anyway, I do have a question for the BinJin experts here. I read that HB was in Spain in June 2018 to shoot Alhambra, and SYJ was in France the same period for her Bazaar shoot. I was looking at SYJ's June 2018  IG posts  on her trip to France and if one scrolls through the pics, there were a couple of pictures of her and a guy in white shirt who uncannily looks like HB - dimples, same height, etc. Someone said that the guy is her manager but I don't believe it is because SYJ also has a pic of her with her manager in same post and the manager was wearing a different shirt. Could it be that HB went to France to visit SYJ on one of his shooting breaks? I am not going to put a link or post pics here but if someone can put my inquiry mind at ease, I would be grateful. Thank you. 

I know which post you are talking about and yes, the guy looks exactly the same as HB. the side profile looks exactly like HB. His hair also looks same as HB's hairstyle in MOTA. However, the 2nd photo with the front face makes one confused. You can see that his smile seems slightly  different from HB's.

If it were really HB, other fans would have identified this by now and commented or shared on social media. But so far, the photo has been missed. 

Also given their denials and need for privacy, YJ wouldn't post their vacation photos directly on her IG for the world to see. So maybe its his doppleganger with whom she's spending time :P

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

2 hours ago, Beadharmony said:

@Beadharmony That guy is indeed her manager. He often accompanies her to different events over the years (award shows, fan meetings, etc.). I have seen pictures of him also at her private gatherings with her close friends. She has been with her agency for 20 years now and they have become one big happy family. It made sense why he was with her in France that time since it was a business trip.  You can also find him taking her to the airport when she went to Mongolia for CLOY filming in this video at 1:55. Hyun Bin is also in this video so you can spot the difference. They are both the same height so I see why you think he was Hyun Bin. 

Edited by Sofia2020
  • Like 4