[Drama 2020-2021] Hospital Playlist, 슬기로운 의사생활 - Season 1 & 2

larus

Lee Kyu Hyung is a cameo I've been waiting for since the first season. Besides a tribute for Looney, he's here to "knock some sense" to Songhwa hahaha I couldn't ask for a better scenario. Yes, we still don't know what Songhwa truly wants regarding her relationship with Ikjun but after that question, who's the friend that makes her always happy and feels great, then Ikjun appears, we know the answer is him. ;)

Anyway, I've rewatch their conversation from episode 1, I think Segyeong isn't a roomate nor housemate, they just live in the same building flat/apartment. For Junwan, I found him tends to not express his uneasiness, maybe he just wants to avoid drama and be mature but he can't always be like that, he needs to address what he feels to Iksun.

• Like 9
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 1

Ik Juns rival doctor, can anyone recognise the voice?

his voice is similar to Kim joo-hun from start up/ do do sol sol la la sol/ it’s okay not to be okay. 

what do you guys think is this voice (whoever it  maybe) a new character? 

about IkSun I’m really confused, Jun wans reaction is as if she confessed to cheating him or had a one night stand cause she felt alone and lonely but that is totally not like Iksuns character. Confusinggg 

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

Enjoying all the episodes so far. Can’t say I was too shocked about Iksun’s roommate being a guy. Her best friend is Ahn Chi Hong remember? Even if her roommate has some hidden agenda towards her, I have faith that she’ll do her best to protect her relationship with Junwan. Poor Junwan can’t seem to catch a break :( Dr. Do, pls appear more often to cheer him up!!! 

On a lighter note, I’m loving the songs this season. I hope we’ll get to see their band practice sessions for this season too ... I’m really curious. They looked like they were having so much fun in the newest band session. It’s really infectious and put me in such a good mood. (And all the wintergarden scenes too but I’ll rave about them in the other thread. Hahaha) 

I’m too in love with this show!:love:

• Love 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

THEY ALL THINK HE IS A GENTLEMAN  , didn’t they FEEL THE TENSION between them last season :mrgreen:

All of them cannot seem to connect the dots. Like, hello? Aren't both of them glowing? :smort:

• LOL 8

I ship Songhwa and Ikjun, and I can't believe Looney is the one to reopen this ship! I honestly thought the writers will keep the ship as a friendship in S2... now that it is reopened I feel a sense of hope again. 

I feel shy when watching wintergarden full-on romantic scenes after S1's low-key scenes, but I appreciate Jeongwon's chivalrous actions and manners such as opening the door, helping her to put on her seatbelt and holding her hand when cold. He is taking care of her the way he takes care of all the little kid patients of his :)

I have to remind myself that this is a script and not believe that there are such people in real life! :lol:

• Like 3
  • Love 4

Anybody else think that all GS dads and the others can already sense that wingar is dating? But they don't want to be the one spreading the rumor before the two admit it themselves. It's like they know something is going but seeing the reputation of the two, they try not to invade it and swallow down their suspicion and coat it with the gentleman excuse.

I so love Looney cameo. I love Lee Kyu Hyung and it's nice to see Looney living in alternate universe but a happier one here. But what makes me love it more is how his cameo serves a greater purpose for iksong. He basically points out the obvious to song hwa, that her answer is not a real answer but an excuse. This also aligns with the song in this episode. I don't know what love is but we're happy together. But I like you. This could be love. In conclusion iksong endgame. The question is how long will it take?

Episode 4 is a week to go yet i'm already worried of Jun Wan. He's busy with his patients without Do Hak helping him whenever he needs like before, he's a chief of cardio surgery, and now he's in rocky LDR.

I wish Eun Ji will get a donor soon. Seeing her mom crying alone when she's the one who keep encouraging Min Chan's mom breaks me. Life is indeed a marathon. Even those who start the race late can catch up and leave you behind. Fortunately in this marathon of life reaching the destination even after the hurdles is more important than being the fastest.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

That husband and MiL at the beginning...I mean really. :rage:

I like the comparison between the bedside manner between the two heart doctors. I think they mentioned last season that the rude doctor deletes posts that complain about him on the hospital public forum. 

I think Seok-hyeong loves being single, and while I want him with Min-ha I don't know if that will happen. Also, his mother referenced did he think she will fight again? Who did she fight with the first time?

So for the Daddy Long Legs program does all of the money come from the VIP suites now or is Jeong-won still putting all of his money in it too. I know Song-hwa wants to expand it but I am assuming the money isn't limitless. 

Wintergarden! So adorable, I love them. However, I don't think they can keep this secret for long. Jeong-won is kinda terrible at keeping the secret. The only thing that is saving him is his reputation. When Ik-jun made that joke, Gyeo-wool looked like she wanted to kill him. :joy: 

Ik-jun/U-ju are adorable as always. U-ju in general is great.

I always go back and forth about Song-hwa/Ik-jun. On one hand I didn't want her to get involved with anyone in the group. On the other they are adorable and I love them despite myself. I think scenes of them hiding it from the rest of the group would be funny. 

Jun-wan/Ik-sun I hope he doesn't make the guy friend a big deal. I mean most of her friends in Korea were also men so it shouldn't be a surprise.

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Wiggle 1

I dont like the way SongHwa decides on the Daddy Long Legs. It is a good effort to expand. I mean its a good thing. But social services hospital will find this as a loophole to dump patients who is unable to pay. Not all hospitals are good hearted

But the money came from their efforts in Yulje (doctors in VIP wards especially Ikjun.  If the good doctors especially in VIP ward in different hospitals rally together, and help the DDL to get more money. I am guessing this will make national headline!!.

Now I am curious Seokhyung and Junhwan reaction about DDL is actually AJW. 

But people will keep an eye for it. I think at the end of this season, DDL will be exposed. And people will know its Ahn Jeong Won's money.

I bet his mother will go in shock "Oh my Jesus, my lovely son is so philantropic" .. and shen now knows why he is so broke and hell. Despite being a chaebol himself. The foreshadow about Jongseok assets/inheritance. I guessing he will donate half of it to Jeongwon cause.. if he knew about this. I mean his two sons are successful by their own rights.

Btw Prof Cheon Myeong Tae is so stupid. Not being able to handle simple operation like that. Plus it has been 20 years since then. Why not trust residents. I guess his Assemblymen will not ignore it and might sue him

52 minutes ago, ChunSungIm said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA :lol:

I love how Gyeoul is cursing so much in the background

Edited by ferily
Please don't quote videos. Thanks!
  • Like 4

“Hospital Playlist 2” Ratings Hit New All-Time High For 3rd Episode

967646f07794455b8da843cfbbfcc935.jpeg?s=

Jul 2, 2021
by E. Cha

tvN’s “Hospital Playlist 2” continues to gain viewers with each new episode!

On July 1, “Hospital Playlist 2” rose to its highest viewership ratings yet with its third episode, which scored an average nationwide rating of 10.6 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1477555wpp/hospital-playlist-2-ratings-hit-new-all-time-high-for-3rd-episode

• Awesome 3

1 hour ago, youactlikeicare said:

Jun-wan/Ik-sun I hope he doesn't make the guy friend a big deal. I mean most of her friends in Korea were also men so it shouldn't be a surprise.

Yes its true. But dont you think Junwan should know about it? They are LDR away. And then his mind might be thinking about the package "returned" by unknown recipient. Could it be SeGyeong might be behind it? But Junwan wouldnt go that far. I mean he is understanding. Iksun is from military background, so a lot of his friends can be men.

Also, Iksun being injured is last thing he wants to hear. He 1st met Iksun via hospital as well in season1. Pattern : driving, car crash. Aint that a problem? 

:rubchin:

He is miles away and patients struggles weighing him down. When he is happy, Iksun faces problem. When Iksun is happy, Junwan faces harsh reality about his patients. Two vice versa of LDR.. :crymeme:

• Like 3

Apparently people has been saying the way Gyeoul and Jeongwon holding hands in the car is like the way a couple getting married in the hall. Is this perhaps a premonition? No wonder I felt weird why they holding hands like that? :Megathanks:

Plus I slowed down the clip holding hands!! Its true! And Twitter PEOPLE also AGREE ON it! Wedding and Party in the background. Check the background figure Netflix clip at 1:03:59-1:04:00.. / the HOLDING HANDS SCENE IN THE CAR WHILE DRIVING. JUST SLOW DOWN THE SPEED

Spoiler

It wasnt that clear at 0:29.. but you guys can check it on Netflix for clearer view.

In my defense, people in the hospital will not know about their relationship until the end of the season. I'm guessing right after Gyeoul finishes her 4th resident year and heading towards fellowship(exams and interview), they will get married.

IN EP 11 OR EP 12 SEASON 2,  we will get to see people getting dumbfounded. Dumbfounded over the facts; Jeongwon is getting married to Gyeoul!!! It will be a disaster esp for the ladies.. I mean I want to see reaction faces when they received Invitation Card

And all professors are in for it! They become really supportive and no issue at all! 

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, 

LIVE BAND SHOW BY MIDO AND FALASOL.. 

PEOPLE IN YULJE WILL GET TO SEE THE LACKING FIVE TRUE TALENTS AS A BAND. COMPARED TO GOSSIP ABOUT IT IN BONG SALOON.:piggydance:

@ktcjdrama @Ameera Ali@stella_512tagging the news for you guys to confirm my theory. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 5
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

58 minutes ago, JungRok said:

Wedding and Party in the background. Check the background figure Netflix clip at 1:03:59-1:04:00.. / the HOLDING HANDS SCENE IN THE CAR WHILE DRIVING. JUST SLOW DOWN THE SPEED

It does look like the handholding of walking down the wedding aisle! But I cannot see the wedding and party background even though I played at half speed, haha... kudos to those with sharp eyes and thanks for sharing this observation! 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Blob 1

I read somewhere that the rival’s voice is Park Hae Soo’s voice, is that correct? I haven’t seen any of his series so not familiar with his voice but when I saw one you tube video it does seem like it. What do you guys think?

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 1

46 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

It does look like the handholding of walking down the wedding aisle! But I cannot see the wedding and party background even though I played at half speed, haha... kudos to those with sharp eyes and thanks for sharing this observation! 

I found it on Twitter !!! OH MY GOSH. PEOPLE ARE CONFIRMING IT LEFT AND RIGHT. EVEN THE KOREANS. THEY were tweeting all over about this theory

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 2

1 hour ago, JungRok said:

Apparently people has been saying the way Gyeoul and Jeongwon holding hands in the car is like the way a couple getting married in the hall. Is this perhaps a premonition? No wonder I felt weird why they holding hands like that?

In my defense, people in the hospital will not know about their relationship until the end of the season. I'm guessing right after Gyeoul finishes her 4th resident year and heading towards fellowship(exams and interview), they will get married.

IN EP 11 OR EP 12 SEASON 2,  we will get to see people getting dumbfounded. Dumbfounded over the facts; Jeongwon is getting married to Gyeoul!!! It will be a disaster esp for the ladies.. I mean I want to see reaction faces when they received Invitation Card

And all professors are in for it! They become really supportive and no issue at all! 

Oh My dear God :w00t: Thanks a ton for sharing :heart: i would not have known about this otherwise. Kudos to the keen eyes of people.

I have to admit that I was nervous for a while with different theories floating around, but all my doubts went away with the first episode of season 2 itself. They are an ideal couple, super lovey dovey and cute and I am not complaining :D.

I have my doubts about JeongWon being able to keep the relationship secret, but thanks to his image of being a well mannered professor, secret reveal might get delayed like you said. I agree with you here.

Rather than that, I have a hunch and I might be wrong, IkJun and Songhwa's relationship reveal will be earlier ( yesterday's episode reinforced my belief about them being the endgame :wub: ) 

• Like 2
  • Love 3