[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

16 hours ago, blue_fleurs said:

I thought I reached the "acceptance" stage of grieving too but every time I think about how RJH couldn't talk to or hear about SR at ALL for 3 whole years I get all :tears: again - I guess I am hovering around "denial" stage haha

@blue_fleursIt's going back and forth for me, but I finally was able to start a new kdrama, which is a big step! :D  (It's Iteawon class, btw, Just finished the first episode.)

But like a Pavlov's dog, whenever I hear  Sigriswil, I cry every time... :tears:  I am very fresh to kdramas, didn't watch most of the classics or whatever, and whenever I watched kdramas, it was more casual. I never knew it could be like THIS. But hey, like Seri, even if I could turn back time 100 times, I wouldn't change a thing! :)  I'd still watch CLOY, as it is an amazing show, the warmest, coziest, and most emotional I've  watched. I don't think I'll ever be able to find a kdrama that would be like this - for me Cloy is THE kdrama. It's just on a different level. When I talked to people on reddit, I found it surprising that it's not like that for everyone! Every person has their own special show that they love. But I am just glad I am not alone in this!

I also think that it's cruel that they haven't seen each other for 3 years, and I wish they would indicate that SR was able to send some sort of message to RJH, since he was able to go through all the trouble for her with the messages. I know it's kind of implied that he is just happy that she is safe and sound in SK, but it must be incredibly tough not to see each other for that long. In episode 7, right before JH kissed SR,  she said "I wanted to protect you too", which is why JH was sooo grateful he couldn't even control himself and kissed her. (My favourite kiss in CLOY! Yes, I rate it higher that swiss kiss and goodbye kiss in ep9). For JH it does matter when she does things or him. So I would think that she should have send a message to him, considering she was willing to cross the NK's border for him in episode 16, even though there were guns pointing at her. I think it's a bit out of character for SR to send the messages to the ducklings, the ahjummas but not JH? C'mon! In fact, I wouldn't mind if the roles were reversed, if SR would send messages to JH and learn herself how to be on her own and stay happy, even given the situation. And having faith in their love. I feel like it would be important to establish her mental health, because all the way until episode 16 she was in a pretty bad shape. In fact, the only time she was happy, was in NK! So I'd like her to be able to create her own happiness in her space, without JH's help. In that sense, I actually am not worried about Seo Dan, by the end of the show she was free and self-sufficient character, and the more I think about it, the more I realize that out of all the characters she got the best gift of GSJ love, which taught her to completely let go. it's an important lesson, and I am not worried about SD's future. She will be fine. 

Another point, I think they clarified the fact that SR is not pregnant to keep the hype going. At this point SR and JH are like (fictional) celebrities, with rumours and all... :D So as long as the papers are writing about them, Cloy will get additional views..Which doesn't hurt the show. But yeah, kinda cruel to the fans that believed in the pregnancy on the pics. I wasn't one of them, so it's fine for me (it didn't matter,as long as  the two of them are together), but I get the frustration.

• Like 5
  • Love 2

8 hours ago, jamy47 said:

True but at the same time if they want to do another Kdrama next year, why not this one? instead of a new one with less good writing and weaker team? Also with this new format of TvN and Netflix co-production, it would be  more like a series with several seasons, and not just the classical Kdrama. It could be a new experience for them and it will only make them shine brighter. CLOY could possibly become a real global hit with the way it's going right now. The new countries getting now access to the drama, many are commenting online that they are liking the drama.

I think the story is most likely over.

HB and SYJ are seasoned actors and as @INeedAFan mentioned, not likely to want to be pigeonholed as the characters Seri and Jung Hyeok.

Usually actors will choose roles which are different from their previous characters to show their diversity.

UX8Bcg.png

• Like 6

11 hours ago, ncly said:

Spoiler

Reveal hidden contents

I'm not sure if anyone has talked about this in this thread, this might just be a coincident but I think the writer might have built RJH based on a real life person, Kim Jong Un. I'm not sure if it's ok to talk about him here but Admin/Moderator, please remove this part if it violates the rules.

Similarities between KJU and RJH:

- Both born in 1982

- Both are the 2nd son in the family 

- Both studied abroad in Switzerland 

- Both had to go back to serve in the army due to family duties

- Both had a brother who was killed (KJU's half brother)

- KJU's wife's last name is "Ri" :)) 

Some were speculating KJU was also musically talented but all sources I've read so far only talk about him being a basketball fanatic so that's the only thing that doesn't match at the moment. 

I'm not sure if anyone has talked about this in this thread, this might just be a coincident but I think the writer might have built RJH based on a real life person, Kim Jong Un. I'm not sure if it's ok to talk about him here but Admin/Moderator, please remove this part if it violates the rules.

Similarities between KJU and RJH:

- Both born in 1982

- Both are the 2nd son in the family 

- Both studied abroad in Switzerland 

- Both had to go back to serve in the army due to family duties

- Both had a brother who was killed (KJU's half brother)

- KJU's wife's last name is "Ri" :)) 

Some were speculating KJU was also musically talented but all sources I've read so far only talk about him being a basketball fanatic so that's the only thing that doesn't match at the moment. 

I can't believe I just see a comparison between one of the world's worst dictator and the best K-drama's hero till date...

:crazy:

KJU was born around 1983-ish (his age is actually unknown but it's been speculated that he is made older than he actually is... I learnt about his closest-to-real-birth year from a KR friend who was taking Inter-Korean lessons with me) while RJH was born in 1988 (it's been discussed several times in the thread)... KJU was not called back to serve military, but because his father was ill and he needed to start the path toward leadership early (that means: party, military, Kim Il-Sung Uni education, etc...). Also, surname "Ri" is about as common as "Kim" or "Lee" in Korea.

KJU doesn't come an inch closer to RJH's character depiction (perhaps only the fact that they're North Koreans who studied in Switzerland...but then again, it's pretty common for North Korean's elite children to do so)...and no way anyone would think KJU is as noble as RJH's characters are..that guy is a dictator and a human right's violator who would purge his own uncle or power consolidation... TT_TT

8 hours ago, jamy47 said:

Some countries are only now getting CLOY on Netflix. I'm in Canada so i had it while it aired but many countries didnt. This means the popularity of the drama will only increase in the coming months. I also noticed CLOY has been on the top-most popular list on Netflix for a while now, at least in Canada and i think in the US too. 

I wonder if they will reconsider for a second season if it becomes too popular because it would be a waste of good profit to not do it. Even if they clear it for season 2, it would only happen next year because they would have to let all the cast and crew clear their schedule a year in advance.

While it's possible from the perspective of production and profit and Netflix format...and perhaps the casts' schedule could be arranged way in advance...

What do you expect the writer team to do in the second half? 

They could not even address political issues related to RJH's citizenship and all plot holes about the leads' living condition in more than 90-minutes-long and 16 episodes... They would stuck at the same issue again and again...

Of course, as international viewers we wouldn't have to care about domestic or political things...but the drama is still a South Korean drama and they already had to go through such pain (permit, controversy, etc etc) and splurged so much money only to depict North Korea in the drama...

• Like 2
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, jamy47 said:

I wonder if they will reconsider for a second season if it becomes too popular because it would be a waste of good profit to not do it. Even if they clear it for season 2, it would only happen next year because they would have to let all the cast and crew clear their schedule a year in advance.

I don’t think it will happened. Romance genre is usually do not have seasons in SK. I don’t like too that kdrama now following Us style with seasons but if a crime thrillers like Voice I cam understand.  Even this writer is not the type who wrote same story for different seasons. She has been writing this beautiful story for 11 years, creating season 2 will make both her dramas being compared side by side and it’s not good for her reputation. 

I don’t think HB-SYJ will take part if there is season 2. They will do another drama/movie together but not for season 2. HB already gear up for his next movie n i bet SYJ has got few scripts to read through. She is a A list movie star which most of her movies are blockbuster. I bet many movie directors is waiting for her to be free. 

why we need season 2 when this drama ends beautifully. It gives us the happy ending and let us have our own imagination of their life after. Just imagine if we get season 2 but the storyline is a flop and a mess? It is will be a huge disappointment 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Favnia said:

Another point, I think they clarified the fact that SR is not pregnant to keep the hype going. At this point SR and JH are like (fictional) celebrities, with rumours and all...

Lol, new articles about them keep popping out every now and then. I wonder when the hype is going down.

9 hours ago, TotoroSY said:

How do you check top-most popular list on Netflix? Would love to check the same in my country!  I also think more and more people will start watching CLOY, whether on Netflix or even other online sites, especially with all the news about its record-breaking ratings.

I don’t think Netflix has ever released such information. However, it publishes the most popular shows at the end of the year (e.g. in SK). In 2019, CLOY was in the top 10 with only 6 episodes. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Love the idea of a second season ....

Help me out here, I know someone(s) here calculated total time from start to finish ie; DMZ separation to Swiss picnic end, I just can't find it in the thread anywhere (bane of a popular thread:))

If its as long as my bad temporal math is telling me, there's an easy way (story wise) to have a second season w/o affecting the Swiss happy ending. 

(yeah, yeah, I know they probably never will, but one can always hope :wub:)

LCO

• Like 2

On 2/20/2020 at 6:50 AM, Samnamu-unnie said:

@Esteraela I think JH was not cheating on SD. He developed feelings for SR while he was helping her return to SK unintentionally and unknowingly. However, he finally acknowledged in himself that he likes SR when he was hospitalized at Sariwon (Ep 7). When SD visited him, he confessed and expressed to SD that they cannot continue the engagement because he has feelings for someone else. But SD wanted to stick to the wedding plans.

@Esteraela on second thoughts, i think JH did cheat SD technically. But he didnt intend to, it just happened that he has no feelings for SD and he fell for Seri.

• Like 2

WOW! A real life cross-border romance, this one between a NK judo player (guy) and a Taiwanese judo player (gal).

They actually met once a year for 3 years  (in international judo competitions), and in the 4th year, the guy defected to South Korea, the gal came to look for him and they got married later, settling in SK! Have 3 boys together and 1 of them is the youtuber below, telling the story of his parents! AMAZING! The son decided to tell his parents story after watching CLOY.

Now the ending of SR and JH meeting once a year in Switzerland for 2 weeks looks plausible (and may have reference this story which was pretty famous), and we have hope by the 4th year they finally settle down in one place and get married, and have their twins and more!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

I wrote before that the OTP fell inlove with each other the time Seri got lost in the market (i cant find my previous post :( ). But after rewatching, i think it was when they paraglided together.

3 hours ago, TotoroSY said:

WOW! A real life cross-border romance, this one between a NK judo player (guy) and a Taiwanese judo player (gal).

They actually met once a year for 3 years  (in international judo competitions), and in the 4th year, the guy defected to South Korea, the gal came to look for him and they got married later, settling in SK! Have 3 boys together and 1 of them is the youtuber below, telling the story of his parents! AMAZING! The son decided to tell his parents story after watching CLOY.

Now the ending of SR and JH meeting once a year in Switzerland for 2 weeks looks plausible (and may have reference this story which was pretty famous), and we have hope by the 4th year they finally settle down in one place and get married, and have their twins and more!

This must be one of the references of writer nim.

• Like 6
  • Love 3

When Seri and JH were having chicken and beer in pyongyang, Seri leaned her head on JHs shoulder, she said it was heavy. JH said that shouldnt Seri be liking it that shes going back to SK soon. Then Seri answered, it is the liking part thats giving her a headache.

what does she meant by that?

Girls... they like giving quizzes to men through their answers :D

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Samnamu-unnie said:

When Seri and JH were having chicken and beer in pyongyang, Seri leaned her head on JHs shoulder, she said it was heavy. JH said that shouldnt Seri be liking it that shes going back to SK soon. Then Seri answered, it is the liking part thats giving her a headache.

what does she meant by that?

Girls... they like giving quizzes to men through their answers :D

I think she meant she was infact liking being there and that was a problem. I started watching from beginning today and I agree with what you said about the paragliding scene...to me I noticed that was 1st time he had look of affection in his eyes for her as she grabbed on and held him tight and he stroked her hair. For Seri she was obviously attracted from beginning but I noticed 1st time she had that real glimmer in her eye towards him was when he agreed to give the orphan the food..his kindness touched her. They both seemed to be checking each other out at the clam bake and then from there it just kept growing as they made more memories and went thru trials together and grew closer. I think as she pointed out in the woods when running away in the beginning and he pointed out later in the drama they were both each other's type from the beginning as far as attraction but the love came later with time spent together and getting to know one another

Btw....I must say he did look pretty amazing in those designer SK clothes but man it's still hard to beat that NK camo and green henley shirt..whew.. shows his muscles and broad shoulders!!!!

Just watched market scene when she's lost and he finds her with "scented" candle....by his reaction that seems to be imo the 1st time he worries about her safety out of his growing affection for her not just to not blow their cover. He realized when she was lost she might get hurt or be scared 

Edited by Dana T
  • Like 8
  • Insightful 3

I have an interesting find. 

do you guys remember when the ahjummas brought DP and beer to Seri because she was dumped? To spare JH from the blame, Seri said that it wasnt JHs fault. That they are like Romeo and Juliet. However the ahjummas couldnt understand so she compared her relationship with JH to Gyeonwu and Jiknyeo. See what i found about the story:

On opposite sides of the universe lived Jiknyeo, a young woman who was very good at weaving clothes and Gyeonwu, a young handsome herder of cattle. Jiknyeo was the daughter of the heavenly King and she was so beautiful that she was loved by all of the angels in heaven. One day as Jiknyeo was weaving, she looked out of the window and caught a glimpse of Gyeonwu who was living across the Milky Way. The two soon fell in love and with the blessing of the King they were united to marry and live together. The young couple were so in love that Jiknyeo stopped weaving clothes and no longer would Gyeonwu herd the sheep and cows. This upset the King very much and he decided that they should live apart from each other, separated by the Milky Way.

Only once a year were the couple permitted to meet each other, on the seventh day of the seventh month. On July 7th each year, although Jiknyeo and Gyeonwu were excited to meet each other, they couldn’t cross the Milky Way. The crows and magpies of the universe saw the despair of the young couple and would come together to make a bridge so that they could meet and hug. After spending a short time together, the couple would realize that it would be another year before they could meet again and they would both cry. It is these tears which symbolizes the start of the monsoon season. (Ref: asiasociety.org)

sounds familiar right. Not only that, in folklore, Jiknyeo and Gyeonwu were believed to meet around july. Do you know when edelweiss blooms? JULY!!!!

so much parallel. These must be inspirations of the writer. 

• Like 15
  • Insightful 3

Hi Everyone,

I've been lurking here for a few weeks and decided to share this link. I'm not sure is someone already share this link.

https://inquirersuper.com.ph/super-k/why-did-hyun-bin-asked-son-ye-jin-to-meet-where-edelweiss-blooms/

I just love this drama so well written even for the meaning of the flower. 

Cheers..

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1