[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

10 hours ago, blue_fleurs said:

Yes very true and someone here mentioned they wished we got to see RJH's search attempts for Seri in Swiss too, from the stills of him playing the piano in the park I thought that might have been a scene but perhaps they cut it?  In the photo he appeared looking around as though he thought he saw someone he knew pass by.  That would have been nice for us to see.

Yup. i am wondering why tvn shows the stills when it was not inside the drama. Then i think it could be from a 'deleted' scenes. i believe that is JH way to reach out to her as he knows SR would recognized the melody of his song (or could it be their song). So maybe for a while they are just at the same place but at different time and only met at the paragliding scene. 

4 hours ago, luvcrabbieshinhwa said:

I can't believe I just see a comparison between one of the world's worst dictator and the best K-drama's hero till date...

:crazy:

Exactly my thoughts... I never thought someone will make such comparison and I don't think writer Park Ji Eun dare to think like this. No, i don't think this it ever ever cross her mind at all. Gosh, creating RJH from that man...that is just absurd. Even the NK defectors said they don't think a person such as RJH existed in the military n suddenly this comparison? :frown:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TotoroSY said:

WOW! A real life cross-border romance, this one between a NK judo player (guy) and a Taiwanese judo player (gal).

They actually met once a year for 3 years  (in international judo competitions), and in the 4th year, the guy defected to South Korea, the gal came to look for him and they got married later, settling in SK! Have 3 boys together and 1 of them is the youtuber below, telling the story of his parents! AMAZING! The son decided to tell his parents story after watching CLOY.

Now the ending of SR and JH meeting once a year in Switzerland for 2 weeks looks plausible (and may have reference this story which was pretty famous), and we have hope by the 4th year they finally settle down in one place and get married, and have their twins and more!

It's plausible, indeed... 

But RJH must defect and that's what the production team didn't (or probably, couldn't) show us. 

I think I wrote it somewhere (here or in @packmule3blog? Haha) that the kind of ending given by the writer is only plausible for a short term. Seri and Jeong-hyeok wouldn't be able to do so in the long term unless RJH defects... 

ps: sorry, mod.. Somehow I can't delete the video in the quote (on mobile) ㅠㅠㅠ

• Like 3

13 hours ago, blue_fleurs said:

Oh you're right, where did the phone go and who kept it alive?!  The flower delivery is explainable, he probably pre-ordered and set a specific date for delivery.  But the phone... who knows eh.  And yes good point, forgot the phone was given by GSJ which makes it an SK phone anyway. Of course I'm glad the NIS agent did what he did to help our otp :)

To me, who ever is a human with a heart will fell pity of our OTP and offer slight help. Who wouldn't? The NIS officer witness how RJH was standing at the waiting area for days not moving an inch. He did not sleep nor eat. He just wait and wait until she regain consciousness. That is all he wanted to see. Once he is sure she is okay, like promised he let the NIS take him back. 

The NIS and Seri's mom can tell that this man can't do any harm and is trying their best to let them meet one last time. Keeping his phone is the simple act of kindness one can offer to help them. 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

6 hours ago, Samnamu-unnie said:

I wrote before that the OTP fell inlove with each other the time Seri got lost in the market (i cant find my previous post :( ). But after rewatching, i think it was when they paraglided together.

This must be one of the references of writer nim.

I think it's kinda difficult to determine exactly when they fell in love. The attraction was probably there right from the start, but in their circumstances, they avoid acknowledging in their heart or to each other. But with each crisis they encounter, their feelings got deeper for each other. After the 1st escape via the boat failed (they also had their 1st kiss lol), and SR was very frustrated, JH did 2 things for her to make her happy - the clam BBQ and making her coffee. And then she repay him with the heart finger. I believe their hearts started to fluttered for each other at that time. Then it all escalated until they took the first step to acknowledge their feelings at the life-and-death situation after JH was shot. When you realise the other person was willing to die for you (JH for SR) and willing to give up her freedom to save your life (SR for JH), you will surely know it is love, not just attraction.

6 hours ago, Samnamu-unnie said:

When Seri and JH were having chicken and beer in pyongyang, Seri leaned her head on JHs shoulder, she said it was heavy. JH said that shouldnt Seri be liking it that shes going back to SK soon. Then Seri answered, it is the liking part thats giving her a headache.

what does she meant by that?

Girls... they like giving quizzes to men through their answers :D

I think SR meant that she has started to like JH, hence why she said "the liking part is that's giving her a headache". Cuz she has started to like JH, it made it more difficult for her to leave NK and leave him.

5 hours ago, Samnamu-unnie said:

I have an interesting find. 

Only once a year were the couple permitted to meet each other, on the seventh day of the seventh month. On July 7th each year, although Jiknyeo and Gyeonwu were excited to meet each other, they couldn’t cross the Milky Way. The crows and magpies of the universe saw the despair of the young couple and would come together to make a bridge so that they could meet and hug. After spending a short time together, the couple would realize that it would be another year before they could meet again and they would both cry. It is these tears which symbolizes the start of the monsoon season. (Ref: asiasociety.org)

sounds familiar right. Not only that, in folklore, Jiknyeo and Gyeonwu were believed to meet around july. Do you know when edelweiss blooms? JULY!!!!

so much parallel. These must be inspirations of the writer. 

Great find!! I recall this story too, but didn't realize they are meeting in the same month that edelweiss blooms! The writer really put so much thot into the storyline details! It's really a work of love!

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Winwindy said:

Hi Everyone,

I've been lurking here for a few weeks and decided to share this link. I'm not sure is someone already share this link.

https://inquirersuper.com.ph/super-k/why-did-hyun-bin-asked-son-ye-jin-to-meet-where-edelweiss-blooms/

I just love this drama so well written even for the meaning of the flower. 

Cheers..

Thank you very much for this link. It was very well-written, actually brought me to tears (perhaps because I'm in post-drama trauma). 

I'm posting the good parts from the article here: 

"

The flower signifies deep love and devotion. One of the popular stories surrounding the flower is the difficulty of its acquisition.   The flowers grow mostly on rocky places at about 1,800 to 3,000 meters altitude. Men have fallen to their deaths in their efforts to pick these flowers in the Alps.  Bringing them home to their beloved is proof that they would die for them.  That’s exactly what Captain Ri did for Se-ri.  He risked his life numerous times for her. So the Edelweiss is not just a clue on where they should meet."

" The last message that Captain Ri Jeong-hyeok (Hyun Bin) sent to Yoon Se-ri (Son Ye-jin) was an invitation to “meet in the country where those flowers bloom.” It was a shriek-worthy scene in the drama “Crash Landing on You”.  Captain Ri could not say the exact date. “He’s so vague,” Se-ri complained.  Yet, it was she who found a way so he could keep his promise.  "

Seri said that RJH always finds her. But I think that they both find each other, and really make efforts to do so over the course of 3 years. Keeping up the good efforts and the faith over such a long time and long distance, without seeing or receiving any news from the other are truly impressive and evidence of how much in love they are. 

• Like 7

46 minutes ago, thanie said:

how are you dealing with WS so far? Me, I'm watching Secret Garden rn ... 

surprisingly, i dun feel as empty as when Chocolate ended :blink: maybe cos there had been so much active speculations and catching up on the forum threads that i felt more “busy reading” than actual immersing to enjoy the drama :lol:

Spoiler

also cos, there are other ongoing kdramas which are really exciting too!! i’m watching Forest, RD2, The Cursed.. and there is still Hi Bye Mama and Hyena which i haven’t started.. and more new upcoming ones!! :vicx:

• Like 3
  • Love 2

@Samnamu-unnie She was falling for him and she knew that! That's why she said that because things get complicated and it did! But that shows how wonderfully the script is written. I watched both "My love from the star" and "The legend of Blue Sea" but the dialogues written in this drama, hands down, one of the best. 

8 hours ago, Dana T said:

I think she meant she was infact liking being there and that was a problem. I started watching from beginning today and I agree with what you said about the paragliding scene...to me I noticed that was 1st time he had look of affection in his eyes for her as she grabbed on and held him tight and he stroked her hair. For Seri she was obviously attracted from beginning but I noticed 1st time she had that real glimmer in her eye towards him was when he agreed to give the orphan the food..his kindness touched her. They both seemed to be checking each other out at the clam bake and then from there it just kept growing as they made more memories and went thru trials together and grew closer. I think as she pointed out in the woods when running away in the beginning and he pointed out later in the drama they were both each other's type from the beginning as far as attraction but the love came later with time spent together and getting to know one another

Just watched market scene when she's lost and he finds her with "scented" candle....by his reaction that seems to be imo the 1st time he worries about her safety out of his growing affection for her not just to not blow their cover. He realized when she was lost she might get hurt or be scared 

Did you watch that scene afterwards when he said he is already engaged and trying to draw the line! She was already affected :D Of course Seri being Seri,such a high celebrity tried to look cool but what I am trying to say is, he too was affected when she said she wanted to go back SK for men, he was jealous slightly but he was jealous :lol: 

8 hours ago, Samnamu-unnie said:

On opposite sides of the universe lived Jiknyeo, a young woman who was very good at weaving clothes and Gyeonwu, a young handsome herder of cattle. Jiknyeo was the daughter of the heavenly King and she was so beautiful that she was loved by all of the angels in heaven. One day as Jiknyeo was weaving, she looked out of the window and caught a glimpse of Gyeonwu who was living across the Milky Way. The two soon fell in love and with the blessing of the King they were united to marry and live together. The young couple were so in love that Jiknyeo stopped weaving clothes and no longer would Gyeonwu herd the sheep and cows. This upset the King very much and he decided that they should live apart from each other, separated by the Milky Way.

Only once a year were the couple permitted to meet each other, on the seventh day of the seventh month. On July 7th each year, although Jiknyeo and Gyeonwu were excited to meet each other, they couldn’t cross the Milky Way. The crows and magpies of the universe saw the despair of the young couple and would come together to make a bridge so that they could meet and hug. After spending a short time together, the couple would realize that it would be another year before they could meet again and they would both cry. It is these tears which symbolizes the start of the monsoon season. (Ref: asiasociety.org)

sounds familiar right. Not only that, in folklore, Jiknyeo and Gyeonwu were believed to meet around july. Do you know when edelweiss blooms? JULY!!!!

so much parallel. These must be inspirations of the writer. 

such a tragic story :( I noticed when they were talking about this but I was too lazy to find about the story. Thank you for sharing this. I think the writer really did a great job, each and every scene has such a deep meaning. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, INeedAFan said:

Everyone is having interviews and photoshoots..... Everyone.... but HB and SYJ :tears:

I see HB and SYJ's MIA after the drama in different light, HB and SYJ are already establish A-listers , maybe this is their way of giving chance to their cast mates, let others have the spot light for a change, without the other cast members, CLOY won't be CLOY, they all deserve the popularity CLOY has achieved. Let's be happy for all of them. :D Just my 2 cents...

• Like 7
  • LOL 2
  • Insightful 3

@Ameera Ali woah nope didn't know he can sing, but not surprised coz a log of K celebs are impressive with the singing talents! they're absolutely gifted i must say! wonderful voice :) I miss him along with the other comrades of CLOY! woah one of these days I'll surely watch CLOY!!

@sadthe1st those you mentioned are quite interesting to follow along with

Spoiler

Let's Have Dinner with my other fave SSH :)prob is how am i gg to find time hahaha

How's ev.body coping with CLOY withdrawal syndrome or WS these days? I truly miss them and chatting here w/good chingus or comrades here! it seems this thread is not gg to end anytime soon LOLs that's good! Can we possibly wait until there's a sequel or am i pushing the envelope so hard? :w00t:

wave wave to all comrades here! keep up the good work!

Remember SR's assistant? This article about him may be of interest to us bc of his role in CLOY - from hancinema:

https://www.hancinema.net/hancinema-s-news-ko-kyu-pil-confirmed-for-shall-we-have-dinner-together--138942.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+hancinema%2FAUJj+(HanCinema+Daily+News)

• Like 2
  • Love 1