[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

18 minutes ago, INeedAFan said:

The village and RJH’s house (which was part of the village). All of them were built on an empty land and have been demolished this week, I think. I saw some pictures on Twitter.

And here I thought it was all real, at least the village! But I saw in BTS video they were talking that someone will see them(the scene in which RJH was waiting for Seri in ep 4).

At least the building in which GSJ and Dan were living is real,right? What about Seri's apartment?! :tears: I really want to see that :(

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

From ep 16

The scene where RJH yells at SR not to run at the boarder line and the goodbye was indeed heartbreaking

but what made my eyes misty

1.were the messages that RJH sent to SR through the year. I swear i could feel SR's frastrution and expectation to those messages, her loneliness and also her efforts to wake up each day and try to make it through!:tears:

2. That she spent her next birthday all alone drinking soju. My heart sunk for her at that scene.

3. The first time she went at her house and saw the notes RJH left for her realising that everything have ended.

:tears::tears::tears:

• Like 2
  • Sad 3
  • Love 1

Braved it and watched episode 16 again, since it's the only way to pick up on details missed the first time. 

A few final comments I didn't focus on before

• When RJH rode the bike in the village, it still had SR's cushioned "seat" <3
  • They must have filmed the ultimate separation scene completely separate from the car rides there since it was obviously raining and then became the sunniest day I've ever seen.
  • The part where RJH sees the photo he took of SR on the bridge for the first time... another tug at the heart; their love story goes back to when they were young adults, so beautiful.
  • The NIS head agent teaching him how to send pre-timed messages is probably the most questionable thing written lol given their emphasis on no communications across border
  • The part where RJH leaves his military house for the last time and looks back... did anyone have a rapid sequence of all his memories with SR in that house flash before their eyes?  Sigh sigh.
  • On the malbok chicken lunch with her coworkers, SR wears her ring. Ahh.

Finally, it sucks, but yep indeed it was 3 years separation upon review.  Her birthday on Feb 2, 2021 is one year.  Assuming immediately after her birthday text, she initiated the music program, the "one year later" caption where she appears in Switzerland in jeans for the first time after separation is two years.  Then, she returns to talk to her mom and they discuss the performance is once a year in Switzerland, and so the next time she's there is year 3, when she meets him.   

And I think their ending is: once a year they get to spend 2 weeks together only.  But she goes to Switzerland more times during the year (probably just to feel close to him and maintain the vacation house etc) which explains her assistant's comments about her going there all the time.

And for some odd reason, I feel like now that episode 16 has been watched again, I can properly bid farewell to our OTP!  Not to say I'm not looking forward to special director's cut or unreleased alternate endings, if they exist, of course.  Phew.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

first time on this thread! anyway... nothing against Itaewon class or hi  bye mama but both dramas seem to be doing really well... hi bye mama premiered on high ratings & itaewon class’ has been steadily increasing. i’m just... worried... that they’ll over take cloy! lol it’s just a little too fast & i honestly wish that cloy will stay at top for a much longer time sighs am i the only selfish one? LOL 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

12 hours ago, Nudge said:

On Cloy last filming day just posted by Vast. 

1) They were reshooting the Swiss scene in studio using green backdrop. You can hear JH’s line was the one during the paragliding reunion “ you didn’t crash but descended”. Even his attire when he was sitting waiting was the brown trench coat. 

I noticed his goodbye speech in the last BTS he was wearing the exact brown trench coat (the one reunion in swiss) So I was puzzled as it doesn’t make sense that he gave the speech back in swiss. Now it makes sense as it was captured during his last filming day as he was doing some post shooting in studio. 

2) Omo he looked sooo exhausted. When he was finally done with filming, he looked like somebody with all energy drained. Hope Hyun Bin will get at least some rest before he focus back on his next movie. 

Wait but isn't that reunion scene filmed back then in Switzerland?In the behind the scenes video,  it shows that they filmed it in Switzerland and not in a studio with green background using CGI.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, yejincow said:

first time on this thread! anyway... nothing against Itaewon class or hi  bye mama but both dramas seem to be doing really well... hi bye mama premiered on high ratings & itaewon class’ has been steadily increasing. i’m just... worried... that they’ll over take cloy! lol it’s just a little too fast & i honestly wish that cloy will stay at top for a much longer time sighs am i the only selfish one? LOL 

You are not the only one.Even I was worried about the IC ratings spree although personally i have nothing against it.But somehow its 8th episode rating jump was not that high and I could calm a bit.I m just praying that no drama takes CLOY's place and that too so soon.Regarding Hi Bye Mama , it premiered at good ratings (little less than CLOY) but in my opinion I don't think it can become a threat to CLOY by registering a phenomenal rise in ratings.Still I think people will love it and right now the only contender I see against CLOY is IC.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, eLizza said:

You are not the only one.Even I was worried about the IC ratings spree although personally i have nothing against it.But somehow its 8th episode rating jump was not that high and I could calm a bit.I m just praying that no drama takes CLOY's place and that too so soon.Regarding Hi Bye Mama , it premiered at good ratings (little less than CLOY) but in my opinion I don't think it can become a threat to CLOY by registering a phenomenal rise in ratings.Still I think people will love it and right now the only contender I see against CLOY is IC.

OMG.... seems like I am not the only one who is afraid of IC steady increasing ratings. I have no issue of the drama or Park Seo Joon but like you guys here I wish CLOY can keep the 2nd highest ratings at least for a year or two. I want it to be one of the legendary drama. 

Regarding the Ep 16 Swiss paragliding scene, imo most part was shoot in Swiss (we even got the BTS) proof of it but probably there is one tiny part that they re shoot using the green screen. Maybe there is a change in script so they need to re do some parts. Hence we see Hyun Bin in the exact attire shooting at the green room. 

I am missing this drama badly that I cannot even start on new drama or even continue the drama I am watching. I have been on Ep 3 of Romantic Teacher Dr Kim for more than a week! Cant Continue. Despite all the good reviews of Itaewon Class, I cannot start the drama too. Anyone having the same situation like me?

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

32 minutes ago, Katelyn Lana said:

1) They were reshooting the Swiss scene in studio using green backdrop. You can hear JH’s line was the one during the paragliding reunion “ you didn’t crash but descended”. Even his attire when he was sitting waiting was the brown trench coat. 

Thinking about it, I think they added the line "you didn't crash, but descended" - because it was a nod to episode 9, and it could be that the line wasn't written when they were shooting in Switzerland. Maybe they wanted to "tie" the ending to the rest of the series this way, and we would be able to recognize our characters by driving the parallels between the goodbye in episode 9 and their final meeting.

The more I think about it, the more I agree and accept the ending. I have to say, at first I was taken aback by the whole Switzerland conclusion, but now I get it - maybe I also needed to get through the stages of grieving.  lol  I am just glad we saw them happy together. We so rarely saw these moments of happiness in the second half of CLOY, that just seeing bright smiles of JH and SR was enough for me. And the fact that it's an open ending creates all sort of possibilities for the headcanons! Even the craziest ones...My head canon is that they rented out the house in Switzerland for their vacation while their twin daughters are staying with the grandparents in NK, where their grandfather is teaching them how to shoot :D 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Katelyn Lana said:

Wait but isn't that reunion scene filmed back then in Switzerland?In the behind the scenes video,  it shows that they filmed it in Switzerland and not in a studio with green background using CGI.

The production reshoot some of the close up scenes. May be it wasn’t perfectly done in swiss, they got most of the action in Swiss, but need a bettter version of the close up shots, with lines prolly. May be there were issue capturing the lines/audio back in swiss as it was done outdoor. so to enhance audio (for example), the were re shooting some in studio. 

if you re watched the reunion scenes, you noticed some of the shots with JH feels like a cgi scenes ( the close up esp with lines esp). Kinda mix with the real swiss scene. The editors cut and paste the available clips.

@Favnia agreed may be they add additional lines too.

also may be they can do a sequel, the twins got separated one grow up in NK another in SK. Then 15-20 yrs later they meet up. It will be another interesting stories to develop. Or may be too tragic, since it’s not happy family for JH and SR if the twins are separated. Too tragic. Too tragic. Cancel! chwisu! :sweatingbullets:

• Like 3
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Favnia said:

The more I think about it, the more I agree and accept the ending. I have to say, at first I was taken aback by the whole Switzerland conclusion, but now I get it - maybe I also needed to get through the stages of grieving.  

I thought I reached the "acceptance" stage of grieving too but every time I think about how RJH couldn't talk to or hear about SR at ALL for 3 whole years I get all :tears: again - I guess I am hovering around "denial" stage haha

The Swiss meeting scene was great still - I couldn't tell it was edited with CGI scenes.  I'm glad they added the "you descended" line.  The whole thing was showcasing how RJH always listened to everything SR had to say... taking the wrong train to the right station, not falling but descending, and so forth.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, yejincow said:

Hahaha! I’m sure you’re not the only one who felt like that. Though I am reluctant to admit it, I also feel a twinge in my heart when I see IC rapid rise in ratings. I enjoyed the drama (IC) too though I’ve delayed watching the latest episodes cuz still getting over CLOY. It’s natural to feel that way cuz we are so proud of CLOY’s record ratings, esp how it shot up in the finale, adding 4.6 rating points which is +26% from ep15!! Plus it trended Number 1 on twitter worldwide! Some commented it’s the first time any kdrama has ever done that (correct me if I’m wrong). I also hope CLOY can maintain its 2nd highest cable tv rating for a longer time. But even if it doesn’t, it’s OK. Though IC has potential to exceed CLOY’s ratings, it may not have the international impact like CLOY has. Just check the YouTube views of Swoon videos and compare the 2 dramas’ view numbers - that will give you a clue. IC is based on a very popular korean webtoon and the production company Showtime is a big one that used to produce movies only and it’s the first time producing a drama. So the production quality is high and ready audience from webtoon fans is there too. CLOY actually started off with negative comments and low expectation, so what it has achieved in terms of ratings and also worldwide love is really amazing! I don’t think another drama can achieve the same impact so easily. Even now, when I check Twitter, there are more and more people just starting to watch CLOY and all loving it crazily! I was surprised to see a few diehard fans of Chinese dramas who got addicted to CLOY too. Also look at all the international news articles that are coming out even after the finale. I believed CLOY will bring in a lot of new and previous kdrama fans and create another Hallyu wave. I am hoping we can get CLOY fan meetings in different cities in the future!

2 hours ago, INeedAFan said:

Well, I haven’t finished/watched all those dramas. 

Lol! I just saw this new Swoon video recommending other dramas to watch to get over CLOY. Smart move by them, but the highlights are the comments below the video - almost 99% commented they are not ready to move on and need 6 months condolence period lol! I don’t think I’ve ever seen similar response at the end of a kdrama!

• Like 4
  • Love 2