[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

2 hours ago, INeedAFan said:

Episode 17???? Btw is it possible to upload the posts somewhere else? I am one of those people who have no instagram :lol:

Yay! My favorite channel covers IU’s ost with violin!

Awesome forever in my heart... will flashback Episode 15 in our very heart. The hospital scene of YSR and RJH. :bawling::bawling:

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote videos! Thanks!
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, INeedAFan said:

Episode 17???? Btw is it possible to upload the posts somewhere else? I am one of those people who have no instagram :lol:

Yay! My favorite channel covers IU’s ost with violin!

It was on an official page but got deleted according to that fan who posted this.

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote videos! Thanks!
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TotoroSY said:

VAST (HB's agency) posted this on insta - it seems to be talking something about CLOY final filming day or something, and that it will be available on Official Youtube and V Channel? Anyone can translate this?

Looks like CLOY is really gaining traction in overseas news media - from New York Times to BBC and now ABC channel! That North Korea scenario with the writer who is a defector, plus the very high ratings is really putting CLOY out there in the international map and beyond!!

This is the full version but not subtitle yet

[V LIVE] [본격 덕질 vlog] 베스트리의 은밀한V #사랑의불시착 마지막 촬영장 가는 날 https://www.vlive.tv/video/176626

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 1

On Cloy last filming day just posted by Vast. 

1) They were reshooting the Swiss scene in studio using green backdrop. You can hear JH’s line was the one during the paragliding reunion “ you didn’t crash but descended”. Even his attire when he was sitting waiting was the brown trench coat. 

I noticed his goodbye speech in the last BTS he was wearing the exact brown trench coat (the one reunion in swiss) So I was puzzled as it doesn’t make sense that he gave the speech back in swiss. Now it makes sense as it was captured during his last filming day as he was doing some post shooting in studio. 

2) Omo he looked sooo exhausted. When he was finally done with filming, he looked like somebody with all energy drained. Hope Hyun Bin will get at least some rest before he focus back on his next movie. 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 2

I was rewatching final ep earlier and had this thought...seeing how neither of them have married yet and had children I wondered if posing as happy couple (we're assuming got married and rumor of baby from deleted scenes) made them think more about their futures and stirred a desire for family? 

Honestly from all kdramas I've watched you don't see that scene played out alot. I mean you see an occasional wedding although like here it's usually just implied,  you see younger children and adult children but not often do you see pregnancies, I guess due to time restrictions. Idk it just hit me with their chemistry and that story line I wondered if it made them feel that maybe they wanted more than just their careers at this point in life...

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

Thanks to HB's agency we got to see a bit of HB in RJH zone on the last day of filming... I wish SYJ's agency did the same, I would love to see her in YSR mode on set as well!  This is the kind of stuff I was looking forward to for this woeful weekend... like a scene by scene commentary by the cast or something. Thanks to all of you tech savvy and committed fans for still posting content here and sharing with everyone else!

I can't participate in the scheduled re-watch with you all here because I still can't re-watch the drama - ha!  It's too emotionally draining and this week has been a long one slowly reintegrating back to civilization.  I increased the condolences period to 1 year and a half, I think that'll be how long it takes, if we're continually given new content.   Given the Western interest and surge in news stories about CLOY (I'm sure being on Netflix helps a lot), I can only predict CLOY will gain even more popularity worldwide.

Just a note on filming... looking at the amount of people on set I am appreciating much more now how difficult it must be to get into character.  I can see why Kim Jung Hyun said in his interview that HB and SYJ were super quiet before cameras started to roll but as soon as it did, they switched modes right away.  It makes me wonder if the actors know when they are being filmed for the BTS clips, or if it's a free game they could be filmed any time and certain clips will be chosen.

2 hours ago, Nudge said:

On Cloy last filming day just posted by Vast. 

1) They were reshooting the Swiss scene in studio using green backdrop. You can hear JH’s line was the one during the paragliding reunion “ you didn’t crash but descended”. Even his attire when he was sitting waiting was the brown trench coat. 

I noticed his goodbye speech in the last BTS he was wearing the exact brown trench coat (the one reunion in swiss) So I was puzzled as it doesn’t make sense that he gave the speech back in swiss. Now it makes sense as it was captured during his last filming day as he was doing some post shooting in studio. 

2) Omo he looked sooo exhausted. When he was finally done with filming, he looked like somebody with all energy drained. Hope Hyun Bin will get at least some rest before he focus back on his next movie. 

I noticed this too!  I actually thought they got him to film that good-bye speech while in Swiss but that makes no sense at all.  But why would he be wearing that same trench coat.  Makes sense now that they re-filmed with a green screen.  I wonder why.  Maybe HB not happy with his execution of the line?  Maybe they changed the script a bit?

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

I've been watching a vlog of youtuber in Korea. She's went to the NK shoot location, apparently the set was builded from scratch on an empty land and it would be destroyed around this week :bawling: so visitor was not allowed to enter, but she's lucky she's allowed to be there at the time.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

6 minutes ago, avocado yum said:

I've been watching a vlog of youtuber in Korea. She's went to the NK shoot location, apparently the set was builded from scratch on an empty land and it would be destroyed around this week :bawling: so visitor was not allowed to enter, but she's lucky she's allowed to be there at the time.

The buildings have been demolished. 

From the vlog, I hope HB has a nice rest. Seriously, it seems like the drama’s filming has taken a toll on him. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, rookiehistorianAB said:

That comedic scene by SYJ was actually the moment where I told myself "Yup im gonna be hooked wuth this drama

For me it's their first scene, "Your looks are totally my type". Honestly it gave me quite shock!  Loved each and every moment after that.

15 hours ago, Jerrykid84 said:

Agreed with all of these. I have been thinking about this point the whole week. The show is very much about self-forgiving, healing and self-redemption. Its about life-changing love, but also about personal development to reach for hopes and dreams. 

Well said. I want to add more. I think it's applied to not only to the main characters but they showed it very well to the side characters too. Let's talk about Man-bok; I loved how they showed the guilt but because of the family situation he has to do the job. He lost the only friend he has and when again something similar situation arises he chose to help RiRi couple, the good over bad. And same with GSJ happened. It happened because of Dan but the realization is important and I'm glad that in his last moment he is satisfied that someone is there to cry for him. I teared up at that scene. :bawling:

9 hours ago, YuSanSeul said:

Just a side note and pardon me if I have missed this discussion, but I was one of those (like many others) who felt that the greatest regret with the ending was SJ's death. Now that I have digested it all, I realised that his character was never written to be a "good" person from the start. He was a con-man, he was condescending and acted high and mighty whilst in NK, AND he plotted together with SR's second brother to keep her in NK just to save himself. Sure he had a backstory, (which I felt was poorly inserted towards the end so as to give him a more dimensional character and gain more love), and he demonstrated wittiness and redeeming qualities. Not to mention that I rooted for him and SD too. But ultimately, he was one of the villains, albeit a uncharacteristic villain, in the same cluster with SR's brother nonetheless. Being a con-man is also a huge no-no in
Korea, with the number of scams and pyramid schemes that exist already. Plus, how was the writer to detail his survival in NK if he were to reunite with SD? There just wasn't enough time for more story telling with the second leads. Hence sadly, he had to be sacrificed. (Maybe a drama for SD-SJ ala Lee Dong Wook and Yoo Ina style?^_^)

Sorry but I have to disagree on this. Of course GSJ's death is the greatest regret but I love how they showed Dan positively. I forget to tell there is so much positivity in this drama. Back to point, I think every one deserve a second chance. So what GSJ was a con-man but as confessed by him apart from Seri's brother he never cheated anyone(please tell me if I'm missing anything). So when he wanted to live a happy life and wanted to forget everything, don't you think he deserve a chance? Also it's not entirely his fault but Seri's father's and the society is also somehow responsible. As I mentioned before in this post I think like Man-bok, GSJ too deserve happiness. And about portrayal of con-man in Korea, I think there should a drama where a main lead is con-man! Oh I just "The legend of Blue Sea" and what do you say about HB's role at starting in "Memories of Alhambra"?   

I think they could find a way if they wanted to! I mean RJH can help him after all he did so many things for him.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, avocado yum said:

16 minutes ago, INeedAFan said:

The buildings have been demolished. 

From the vlog, I hope HB has a nice rest. Seriously, it seems like the drama’s filming has taken a toll on him. 

What set is this?  RJH's house and the village?

Btw does anyone know how or if IU promoted her ost?  It's so good and is so popular, I wonder if she has made any comments about it?

Also I always wonder what the cast's favourite OST is.  I would guess SYJ is All of my Days and HB is Someday, since those are basically "their" songs...

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, avocado yum said:

Apparently the set was builded from scratch on an empty land and it would be destroyed around this week :bawling:

no, I'm in denial:(...RJH's house looks too real to be a prop that was built from scratch...everything in his house speaks nostalgia....I wish it were real so we could all stop by the entrance and take pictures some day...

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, blue_fleurs said:

What set is this?  RJH's house and the village?

The village and RJH’s house (which was part of the village). All of them were built on an empty land and have been demolished this week, I think. I saw some pictures on Twitter.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

9 minutes ago, INeedAFan said:

The village and RJH’s house (which was part of the village). All of them were built on an empty land and have been demolished this week, I think. I saw some pictures on Twitter.

Oh I see!  This is in Mongolia, right?  

That's so sad.  Would have been a popular tourist spot I imagine, unless it was really remote.  I thought I saw a fan photo recently.

** The new swoon video of the ultimate separation scene- man, why did they have to cut it off so early!  The hands separating is totally a part of the scene's intensity :tears:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1