[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

"...you came into my life like a gift"...

This line comes to my mind instantly as soon as the IU ost plays.  You know that feeling where your nose scrunches and your lids droop a little cause you're about to cry - yes it's still so sad :tears::tears::tears:

Also I think the scented candle-RJH finds SR by holding up a candle scene still wins as the "moment they fell in love" scene for me because I actually FELT chills when I watched that, like I felt their mutual love through the screen!  I think that's why I like CLOY so much - I often replay encounters of the main leads and try to convince myself that their experiences are realistically sufficient for them to be in love - but with CLOY I didn't have to, the emotions passed onto me as a viewer flawlessly.

On 2/23/2020 at 3:46 AM, Chowchow said:

@Helena I can’t believe they had to clarify the picture that looked like Seri was not pregnant. Why can’t it be true???? :bawling: (Or just not clarify at all? Ignorance is bliss... right?)

The writer really played with our emotions. With the foreshadowing of “marrying, two kids that are twins and are girls...” to opening the door and waiting for the “baby to come out”, to captain Ri helping Seri up by informing her to “take deep breaths while holding his hand” in the hospital...

help me.

Lol send help!  I can't believe it either.  Like let us be.  We can't even be spared the gift of imagination.  I think someone said this already but we were just speculating about RJH and SR's story, why are they clarifying speculations about characters in a drama?!  Also don't forget the train scene when she told him he will be a great husband and father one day!

On 2/23/2020 at 7:43 AM, jamy47 said:

I wonder if they will reconsider for a second season if it becomes too popular because it would be a waste of good profit to not do it. Even if they clear it for season 2, it would only happen next year because they would have to let all the cast and crew clear their schedule a year in advance.

I like the idea of a season 2, too.  But I'm not creative enough to even predict what amazing story it would tell.  Also I like your idea that if they are going to do another drama soon anyway, why not this one.  Not to compare with other entertainment cultures but I don't think it's a bad thing that some actors choose to reprise a role -  I don't think it takes away from their craft/art/professional trajectory in any way.  (But I guess I can see the other argument - I really do have a hard time seeing the Avengers in other standalone movies lol).

On 2/23/2020 at 4:12 PM, Favnia said:

For JH it does matter when she does things or him. So I would think that she should have send a message to him, considering she was willing to cross the NK's border for him in episode 16, even though there were guns pointing at her. I think it's a bit out of character for SR to send the messages to the ducklings, the ahjummas but not JH? C'mon! In fact, I wouldn't mind if the roles were reversed, if SR would send messages to JH and learn herself how to be on her own and stay happy, even given the situation. And having faith in their love. I feel like it would be important to establish her mental health, because all the way until episode 16 she was in a pretty bad shape. In fact, the only time she was happy, was in NK! So I'd like her to be able to create her own happiness in her space, without JH's help.

I think she tried really hard to send him "a message" but we just weren't able to see whether he knew and how he reacted!  I think the greatest thing that happened to SR after her separation with RJH is her new relationship with her mom, which definitely helped her mental health.  She had someone close to her, another woman who understands, to confide in, and to trust!  A connection of love and trust with her very own mom.  This is huge!

• Like 7
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1

Can anyone share me the fan IG account that spotted them shooting the separation scene (where HB with handcuff). N does anyone has any info where could it be filmed? 

And also the location where HB n SR when on a date and our Capt do all the good deeds (the cctv videos that the NIS shared to his bosses). Appreciate if you can tell me the location. Plan to go on my next SK visit

Thanks in advaced Dongmu

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Samnamu-unnie said:

Just watched Son Yejin's Be with you (coping with CLOY). It is heart-warming, full of love, A tear-jerker. I cried at scenes that the actors are not even crying.

Why is it that almost all of SYJ's movies or dramas are not "completely happy endings???" It is always like that, sort of happy ending, has closure but not entirely happy :bawling:. Just like CLOY. I love it and admire it, it is genius but my heart is not completely happy or at rest after seeing the ending.

That's why she is called Korea's melodrama queen 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Helena said:

In an interview with Sports DongA, actor Kim Jung Hyun talked about tvN’s “Crash Landing on You” and what the drama means to him.

He described the drama as a “turning point,” and said thanks to the drama, he was able to get past a 17-month period where he was physically and mentally unwell and unable to love himself.

The actor spoke about the controversy in 2018 when he was criticized for his behavior at the press conference for MBC’s “Time.” He later left the drama early due to an eating disorder.

Kim Jung Hyun said, “It was a time when I had been berating myself as both a person and an actor. I was having a really hard time then, to the point where I thought, ‘Why am I living?’ Every moment was like I was standing at the edge of a cliff. One day, I suddenly realized that I was being too hard on myself. I felt that because I wasn’t able to live well at the moment, I would continue to feel like I was at the edge of a cliff in the future. Once I realized that, I tried to focus on the present and the people around me.”

The actor said “Crash Landing on You” was a drama that helped him find hope. “What I’m most thankful for is that I learned that I’m someone who can be loved as well. I regained a lot of self esteem. PD Lee Jung Hyo just said to me, ‘Let’s have fun,’ and that gave me a lot of strength. I’ve never been contacted so much from friends’ parents asking me to come over for dinner.”

Ah, so it was him who was criticized for the 'rudeness and coldness' when attending the press conference with Seolhyun. I didn't know who he was at the time and so didn't spare much interest then. During the press conference for CLOY he still looked sick with the pale face, but in the BTS he looked really lively and I thought he had a fun time with his co-stars. 

I'm so glad he finally found himself again through CLOY and the director believed in KJH and gave him a chance to shine.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

So much so that I want to watch them, I shall take a stand as "No Interview".  Fans, shippers set their highest power density laser on them and will read in between lines, jump at any clues to achieve the results they want or are looking for.  That can be stressful for our Dooli. This time, I feel that I need to protect them so that they do not get hurt. 

• Like 3

I have got my sister and one of my close friends hooked on this show now too :D

I keep rewatching all my favourite scenes. It’s just such a great drama and one that you can just keep watching over and over again. I wish it had been more episodes because 16 just wasn’t enough for me :tears:

Just waiting for another drama to come and create the same kind of magic now.. don’t think another drama is going to match the pairing of SYJ and HB though.

• Like 2

Hi everyone! First time posting here. Rewatching CLOY again and still picking out subtle things I'd missed the first 2 times, like the quick glance from RJH to check out SR's reaction right after the first kiss on the boat. Wonderful acting by HB, SYJ and the cast! It's #1 on Netflix Hong Kong too :wub:

20200225_185527.jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 1

An article written by a lecturer in Korean Studies 

file-20200220-92497-1w5x5ja.jpg?ixlib=rb Border-crossing lovers. Netflix

Crash Landing on You: Korean drama crosses the north-south divide

Sarah A. Son, University of Sheffield

February 25, 2020 11.43am GMT

Link: https://theconversation.com/amp/crash-landing-on-you-korean-drama-crosses-the-north-south-divide-132140?__twitter_impression=true

• Like 6
  • Love 2

Omg..CLOY has set the bar so high that it is getting difficult moving on to other dramas.Ever since CLOY happened, I m not able to finish even one drama.I would start with something and after 2-3 episodes get bored and then go for a different one.It feels like there is a deep void.I think the only drama that I will be able watch and thoroughly enjoy right now is CLOY itself.Back to rewatching mode .:wub:

• Like 7

1 hour ago, eLizza said:

Omg..CLOY has set the bar so high that it is getting difficult moving on to other dramas.Ever since CLOY happened, I m not able to finish even one drama.I would start with something and after 2-3 episodes get bored and then go for a different one.It feels like there is a deep void.I think the only drama that I will be able watch and thoroughly enjoy right now is CLOY itself.Back to rewatching mode .:wub:

@eLizza many articles have sprung up, suggesting other dramas that somehow strikes the same chord as CLOY but I doubt that could be the case. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I thot the CLOY fever on social media will slow down after finale episode but wow, it hasn’t! I clicked on the CLOY hashtag on twitter and more and more new top tweets are coming out. Usually top tweets tend to be older ones but not for CLOY! Many declared they’ve just finished watching it, starting watching it or asking if they should watch it LOL! 

I feel like like a proud parent reading all those articles about CLOY’s worldwide impact! I was hesitant at first to call it worldwide and just say Asia or international success, but now even the global media like CNN, Associated Press, BBC and ABC is paying attention!

New people are falling in love with RiRi couple, the ducklings, ahjummas, 2nd OTP etc etc. the production team is being approached by international media for interviews and data! CLOY seems to be Number 1 most streamed on Netflix across many countries - that’s an amazing feat since there are many other well-known programs on Netflix.

Hope it continues to generate interest for the next 6 months at least loL!,

• Like 10
  • Awesome 2

Just occured to me that possibly the reason us fellow soompians are having a hard time moving on aside from the obvious that it was an amazingly written directed and well acted drama with an awesome cast...is the fact that we are still holding out for closure on "our theory" of their real life secret interest in each other. I feel like based on most posts I've read here I can speak for the majority of us in saying that. We enjoyed the drama now what would make it complete is to find out they are genuinely interested in each other or that in fact it was truly all just fiction and that makes their performance that much more impressive and we can take it for what it is and move to the next....any thoughts??? Does anyone else love the ost inst Spring In My Hometown? I'm trying to remember which scene that was played in.

I personally am looking forward to "I'll Come To You When The Weather is Nice" 

Edited by Dana T
  • Like 4
  • Insightful 1

59 minutes ago, TotoroSY said:

I thot the CLOY fever on social media will slow down after finale episode but wow, it hasn’t! I clicked on the CLOY hashtag on twitter and more and more new top tweets are coming out. Usually top tweets tend to be older ones but not for CLOY! Many declared they’ve just finished watching it, starting watching it or asking if they should watch it LOL! 

I feel like like a proud parent reading all those articles about CLOY’s worldwide impact! I was hesitant at first to call it worldwide and just say Asia or international success, but now even the global media like CNN, Associated Press, BBC and ABC is paying attention!

New people are falling in love with RiRi couple, the ducklings, ahjummas, 2nd OTP etc etc. the production team is being approached by international media for interviews and data! CLOY seems to be Number 1 most streamed on Netflix across many countries - that’s an amazing feat since there are many other well-known programs on Netflix.

@TotoroSY Cloy is definitely sending ripples worldwide and getting a lot of attention. So happy for them. Surely it will be a turning point for many things. :) 

39 minutes ago, Dana T said:

Just occured to me that possibly the reason us fellow soompians are having a hard time moving on aside from the obvious that it was an amazingly written directed and well acted drama with an awesome cast...is the fact that we are still holding out for closure on "our theory" of their real life secret interest in each other. I feel like based on most posts I've read here I can speak for the majority of us in saying that. We enjoyed the drama now what would make it complete is to find out they are genuinely interested in each other or that in fact it was truly all just fiction and that makes their performance that much more impressive and we can take it for what it is and move to the next....any thoughts??? Does anyone else love the ost inst Spring In My Hometown? I'm trying to remember which scene that was played in.

I personally am looking forward to "I'll Come To You When The Weather is Nice" 

@Dana T it is indeed hard to separate OTPs on-screen chemistry to real life. :D maybe we are holding out for a closure; maybe if they will show us the deleted scenes and wrap up again or if HB and SYJ will be together in real life we'll be content. Or should it be both? Haha. I know this isnt a shipping page, sorry. :phew: :D

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, TotoroSY said:

Congrats to the international success.  May I know how can I check most streamed on Netflix?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, cswcraze said:

Congrats to the international success.  May I know how can I check most streamed on Netflix?

It’s shown on Netflix.

Anyway, Netflix is trying to milk this drama :lol:. How can we move on if it keeps on uploading CLOY’s videos?

• Like 8
  • Love 4
  • Awesome 1

I’m so happy for all success that CLOY had achieved . I hope that many other achievements comes :wub:. I’m still expecting for an interview with the main cast and another one with SYJ and HB.

I’m very satisfied to see that the rookie actors (the ducklings) are receiving so much praising and attention too :D that was just possible thankfully to the screenwriters that did an amazing job on the development of the secondary characters and OFC the brilliance of the acting skills from the secondary cast.

CLOY fever it’s real :heart:.

• Like 4