[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

@INeedAFan woah i read the whole article and thanks for sharing, believe it or not i got goosebumps reading it esp the way they escaped! Amazing story and glad they're both safe! I'm sure there are/were many stories of how NK made their way into the south and indeed CLOY albeit it's fictional may have had some of the depictions we've seen  realistic in every sense of the word! CLOY is indeed a classic!

Anyway, the drama may have ended 2 wks or so ago but news about it doesn't seem to simmer down and here's another one from hancinema:

[HanCinema's News] "Crash Landing on You" Enjoys Broad International Popularity

photo1157671.jpg

While much of the success of "Crash Landing on You" has been measured in terms of its domestic ratings, Studio Dragon and Netflix have recently confirmed that the drama also enjoys strong popularity in international markets. Netflix holds the international distribution rights for "Crash Landing on You" and had been releasing new episodes of the drama in one hundred and ninety countries.

Though the European and the Japanese markets received new "Crash Landing on You" episodes the fastest, "Crash Landing on You" performed best in southeast Asia, particularly Taiwan, and South America. However, interest was strong in the drama in all regions. The four "Crash Landing on You" videos which Netflix has released on social media with publically available pageview counts have totaled over six million views internationally.

Studio Dragon has also reported major spikes in interest in reporting and interview requests from major publications such as CNN, ABC News, and Forbes in the American market, with many other requests as well, coming in from other territories. The drama's distinctive Korean setting that even crosses the Demilitarized Zone has been a source of major interest.

Netflix has also seen "Crash Landing on You" as a triumphant victory of their recent Made in Korea contents strategy, which has deemphasized attempts to produce features for an international market in favor of acquiring distribution rights relatively late in the production process. A spokesperson stated that Netflix hoped that "Crash Landing on You" would serve to help establish Netflix as a prime source for those wishing to watch South Korean dramas.

Written by William Schwartz (20/02/25) at 21:11 PST

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Samnamu-unnie said:

Came home from work and overheard the local news and its feature section talk about rice crust. Then they cited Seri and Cloy.. rice crust and stuff. Obviously riding on the popularity of cloy hahaha. What in the world? :D

Even rice crust is getting popular :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

On 2/16/2020 at 9:44 AM, hell59 said:

Does anyone know the name of the singer and the song played at the last scene? Thank you!

Kim Kyung Hee - Sigriswil

CLOY OST

it may be available on other sources but I was able to purchase on ITunes Store.

• Like 3

I'm rewatching up to Episode 14, when JH reunited with SR at the hospital....still bawling my eyes out in that scene!! Then laughed again like mad with F5 antics as they listen to the wire tap in SR's hospital room. It's also the 2nd OTP's first kiss and SR's mom's confession at SR's hospital bed. Ep 14 was such a good episode!!  CLOY is gonna be my go-to repeat series for a long time to come!!

Another new article on the impact of CLOY, this time on Hyun Bin's popularity. He was even at top ranking on China's social media (I think it's amongst Korean/ foreign stars).

https://www.hancinema.net/hyun-bin-strengthens-his-reputation-as-a-rom-com-god-through-crash-landing-on-you-139058-amp.html?__twitter_impression=true

Hyun Bin Strengthens His Reputation as a 'Rom-Com God' Through "Crash Landing on You"

photo1157783.jpg

Actor Hyun Bin has caused another sensation in Asia.

The actor recently played the greatest character of his career; Ri Jeong-hyeok in "Crash Landing on You" and he's still got Asia in a frenzy even though the drama is over. He's always been noted for his deep acting, but his romantic performance in this drama is exceptionally special.

His character, Ri Jeong-hyeok, earned the nickname 'God's favorite' for his outstanding looks, and as his feelings for Yoon Se-ri (Son Ye-jin) developed, he turned into a sweetheart in every episode.

He didn't just stop in expressing his character so perfectly, but he let out the special talents he gained through his past romantic works and lit a fire in the hearts of every woman in every age range.

Hyun Bin increased the character's charm 200% by being reliable for Se-ri, remembering every tiny thing she says, being considerate of Se-ri's feelings by showing her his feelings instead of just talking, confessing to her under intoxication and being so pure-hearted in front of the piano, and more.

As for the genre of the drama being more of an ideal fantasy, which could appear cheesy, Hyun Bin increased the immersion in it with his performance. Because of the concept that he's a North Korean soldier, he had to say all his lines in the Northern dialect, but managed to pull off every scene with this challenge.

Hyun Bin's character won the hearts of fans all over Asia, not just Korea. Even after the drama, Asian fans have been spreading the love all over the Internet. He's topped the Chinese social media metrics and was featured in main frames of major Chinese media, as well as other overseas media.

Hyun Bin chose director Yim Soon-rye's "Bargaining" as his next piece of work and fans look forward to his hard work in the year 2020.

"Crash Landing on You" is directed by Lee Jeong-hyo, written by Park Ji-eun, and features Hyun BinSon Ye-jinSeo Ji-hyeKim Jung-hyunKim Sun-youngKim Jung-nan. Broadcasting information in Korea: 2019/12/14~2020/02/16, Sat, Sun 21:00 on tvN.

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

When I think about the success of CLOY, I just cant attribute Or credit the success to a single person or to one aspect of the show. It always have to be all of it. It's like everything fell into the right place and worked! The OTP, the second leads, the supporting cast, the ducklings, the ahjummas, the village people, the kids, yoon family, Ri family, Seri's assistants, the villains, the conmen, seo dan's family, the military men, the NIS agents, the cameos, the shooting venues, the OST, the cinematography, the screen play, the production crew, the technical team, The writer, the director, the tropes, the concept, the storyline, the epilogues, the cliffhangers, the character development shown, the lessons, the portrayal of the different faces of love... were all AMAZING! I think I cannot exhaust the list. Everyone and everything about CLOY is just spot on and awesome!

• Like 6
  • Love 2

15 hours ago, wyen6 said:

Funfact. One of the maknae duckling EunDong is actually half Malaysia half Korean. No wonder the surname Tang is Malaysian Chinese sound. 

https://www.kstarlive.com/news/2020/02/24/all-things-you-need-to-know-an-explanation-about-actor-tang-joonsang-s-unique-surname-334490

No wonder... when I heard his surname, that is so not korean Surname. It sounds chinese... I am proud Malaysian (tho I am not chinese) to have him in CLOY

• Like 1

1 hour ago, usadango said:

Yes the baby is for Kim Taehee’s drama, not for CLoY. There was never a twins ending for CLoY.

That reminds me of CLOY all the time.I watched Hi Bye Mama recently and I am reminded of CLOY 2/3 of the time during watching.I thought that baby looks a lot like that baby from the pic and only now I know that it is the same baby 

• Like 4

Hello comrades, 

although this forum is dying, my heart is still with CLOY and still visit this site now and then and am waiting for any new posts or deleted/special scenes.

I was wondering if someone could share the parasite reference in ep 16? I couldn’t catch it but someone mentioned it!

I also wish someone could make a post on all the references of other dramas in CLOY:wub:

for now the significant ones I remember are...

- Memories of Alhambra - lightning strike in the hospital (ep. 6) and computer game (ep 12)
- something in the rain - umbrella scene (ep 15) and dancing scene (ep 16)

• Like 3

On 2/26/2020 at 2:34 AM, INeedAFan said:

It’s shown on Netflix.

Anyway, Netflix is trying to milk this drama :lol:. How can we move on if it keeps on uploading CLOY’s videos?

I was planning to share it too. Ao adorable. Almost 15 minutes of RiRi couple's cuteness overload.

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote videos! Thanks!
  • Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

One of the most touching words from Ri Jeong Hyuk

riri.jpg

I am still not able to move on yet and there were so many touching scenes from this drama which I couldn't make any choices out of the 16 episodes. But this scene got me crying, even just by looking at this photo.

'Next year, the another year, and another year,

it will be a good day,

because I will be thinking of you.

I am grateful that you were born into this world,

I am grateful that the person whom I love is still breathing.

So it will be a good day'.

It may sound like a normal speech or words to other people but to me, it has a very deep meaning on how much Jeong Hyuk is going to miss Se-Ri so much. He wished he would be saying that he will be by her side during next year, another year and another year, but he knew he will not be able to stay by her side, so he changed his word by saying he will be thinking of her. 

Timing has a very significant moment in our lives. Jeong Hyuk came at the right timing telling Se-Ri he is grateful for her to be born into this world and still breathing when Se-Ri has always been feeling sorry that she was born into this world. How thankful she must have been when Jeong Hyuk just told her all those words on her special day. 

I will always remember this scene for sure.

How about all of you? Do you have the most touching scene in this drama? 

• Like 10
  • Love 4
  • Awesome 1

3 hours ago, Chowchow said:

I was wondering if someone could share the parasite reference in ep 16? I couldn’t catch it but someone mentioned it!

If I am not wrong s.o mentioned in this thread before, that is the scene when Seo Dan said she wanted to take revenge then her Mom answered while looking at her bro: yes, we are masters/professional in taking revenge (as the Uncle killed people to take revenge in Parasite, and she then killed him literally).

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

I am in awe of this celebration! I am happy for them, the whole cast and crew and I thoroughly loved the drama yet I am still in awe! It is really amazing the attention this drama is bringing. I think alot of factors are at play...obviously the NK vs SK storyline and the political ramifications,  the pairing of beautiful and talented SYJ  with the handsome HB...add to that the prior dating rumors about the pair, the amazing chemistry onscreen between the couple and of course all the supporting cast that made the drama unforgettable. I know some are saying it's totally unrealistic and fantasy like...idk I guess in some aspects I'll give you that but I can see someone in her position who was so in need of love and understanding becoming family with that group and it changing her perspective on life, her priorities and her heart!  Obviously it's not totally unrealistic for someone to end up in the other country since we see it happened before...maybe not via a tornado with flying cows and such lol! If you live long enough and are open minded enough you see that almost anything under the right circumstances is possible. I've been rewatching MLKSS over and over just can't quit he's so adorable...especially when he tells her "I'll give you alot of pleasure" :naughty:.. it's a drama that's grown on me because female grates on my nerves and I still have hard time understanding that pairing but the thing is sometimes things happen that you can't logically explain but whether NK/SK or Sam Soon...when people connect with certain people in a certain way and those people bring something to their life they didn't even know they were missing until they came along anything is possible!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

OSEN | 2020. 02. 27. 4:48 PM

EXCLUSIVE

Heart-melting moments of Hyun Bin - Son Ye Jin in "Crash Landing On You"

"Even if I die, I won't let you go".

2-D99-BAF6-7-A53-47-F3-AF1-B-5-B36-EBC6-

Although the drama "Crash Landing on You" (tvN, screenwriter Park Ji Eun, director Lee Jung Hyo) ended broadcasting, the audience still cannot part the main couple Ri Jeong Hyuk (played by Hyun Bin) and Yoon Se Ri (played by Son Ye Jin). As the drama has massive popularity, the audience's affection for the "Ri-Ri couple" is also great.

In particular, the chemistry of the couple Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin was so good that rumor has it that they have realized the relationship in the drama. At the same time, the two created romantic chemistry, making the audience feel regret when the drama ended. The fans even supported the idea of making season 2 as they are unable to forget the "Ri-Ri couple". Below are romantic moments that soothe the regret of audiences who still wish to see the love story of Ri Jeong Hyuk and Yoon Se Ri although the couple already had a happy ending.

# Meet again in Switzerland

DED17337-0-B13-4386-B211-B20657-CFE4-F1.

The still-cut released after the end of the drama ''Crash Landing on You'' displayed the chemistry between Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin, which is so affectionate that it again sparked their dating rumors. The photos series capturing the happy moments of the Ri-Ri couple when they reunited in Switzerland fully portrayed the incredible chemistry between Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin. Through a few photos, some viewers even speculated, "Is Yoon Se Ri expecting?"

#Ri Jeong Hyeok comes to South Korean to find Yoon Se Ri

707-DC741-A3-CA-47-C3-80-D3-123-A7259-E2

Ri Jeong Hyeok went to South Korea at all costs to save Yoon Se Ri and experienced happy times with her, which are totally different from the time in North Korea. In particular, through the released epilogue, during his time with Yoon Se Ri, Ri Jeong Hyeok showed a silly appearance, looking towards his lover like many guys falling in love. This sweet, honey-like look showed the sincere feelings of "Ri-Ri couple".

# Ri Jeong Hyeok's confession and couple rings

Spoiler

D8-CBBDD6-E144-41-E9-A026-BD84-C698-C7-D

After preparing the surprise birthday party, Ri Jeong Hyeok came to hug Yoon Se Ri from behind when she was confused and sobbing to think that he had returned to North Korea. Moreover, he presented Se Ri with a couple ring and confessed his feelings, thus creating a lovely scene that journeyed deep into audiences' heart.

# The drunken confession

Spoiler

354-D1-D30-BE50-4373-A73-A-21-B5-A8-A32-

After meeting Yoon Se Ri, Ri Jeong Hyeok had a happy time even just being together. While drinking together, Ri Jeong Hyeok made the scene more profound when saying that he didn't want to go back, and expressed his sincere heart to Yoon Se Ri in the drunk.

# This love is destiny

Spoiler

C87-F60-AD-113-C-47-E5-BB6-E-53-A4808-B8

Right from the moment when they first met in North Korea, just by being together is enough for Ri Jeong Hyeok and Yoon Se Ri to create a perfect combination like sparkling pictorials. Ri Jeong Hyeok himself tied Yoon Se Ri's "messy" hair and even risked his life to protect her. The scene of playing the piano making the two recall the fateful meeting in Switzerland previously also contributes to accentuate the chemistry in the affection of the couple. 

OSEN = Reporter Seon Mi Kyung /seon@osen.co.kr
Photo = Provided by tvN 
Everything Idol, Everyday Exclusive 
https://vtoday.vlive.tv/home

———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

[Koreatimes] A recent Gallup poll found "Mr. Trot" is Koreans' favorite TV show this month. The survey, which was conducted among 1,002 viewers between Feb. 18 and 20, showed that 11.4 percent of respondents showed support for the TV Chosun program. It is the third reality TV show ever to have amassed votes in the 10 percent range, following MBC's "Infinite Challenge" (16 percent in January 2015) and JTBC's "Ssulzun" (13.4 percent in March 2017).

http://osen.mt.co.kr/article/G1111315709

1. Mr Trot (TV Chosun) - 11.4%
2. Crash Landing on You (tvN) - 9.1%

3. Itaewon Class (JBTC) - 5.2%

4. Dr. Romantic 2 (SBS) - 5.0%

5. Down the Flower Path (KBS1) - 3.9%

6. I am a Natural Person (MBN) - 3.4%
7. I Live Alone (MBC) - 3.3%

8. Hot Stove League (SBS) - 3.0%

9. Hangout with Yoo (MBC) - 2.4%
10. Gracious Revenge (KBS2) - 2.3%

The most recent episode of Mr. Trot (singing competition program) passed 30% rating (the 1st cable program to do so).

TV Chosun rising as JTBC falters

Spoiler

28-D4-C0-E5-4069-4438-9316-298163286633.

Coronavirus, Cho Kuk scandal boost TV Chosun 

By Park Ji-won

Spurred by the recent surge in news and reality shows, TV Chosun has been roaring and has outperformed its rival JTBC in the ratings race among television networks. 

The channel's rise in popularity has been evident in the success of its hit singing competition "Mr. Trot" which has aired every Thursday since January. The audition show, created to select Korea's next top male trot singers, has continued to break the TV network's viewership ratings records. The the latest episode, which aired last Thursday, hit 30.4 percent, becoming the first cable network ever to surpass the 30-percent range. 

A recent Gallup poll found "Mr. Trot" is Koreans' favorite TV show this month. The survey, which was conducted among 1,002 viewers between Feb. 18 and 20, showed that 11.4 percent of respondents showed support for the TV Chosun program. It is the third reality TV show ever to have amassed votes in the 10 percent range, following MBC's "Infinite Challenge" (16 percent in January 2015) and JTBC's "Ssulzun" (13.4 percent in March 2017).

A few weeks ago, "Mr. Trot" broke the ratings record set by JTBC's hit TV series "SKY Castle," which gained 23.8 percent of the viewership in February last year. 

The phenomenal success of the show has created a 'trot boom', generating similar TV shows, such as "I am a Trot Singer," on other television networks. 

In the wake of the deadly coronavirus outbreak, TV Chosun's news coverage has also leaped forward to outpace rival JTBC. 

According to survey firm TNMS Tuesday, TV Chosun and KBS news shows are currently the two most popular sources of news about the virus. TV Chosun's nightly news broadcast, which airs at 9 p.m. on weekdays, garnered 4.6 percent of ratings ― up 1.3 percentage points from the previous week. KBS topped the most watched news list with 15.5 percent. 

The rise of TV Chosun and the fall of JTBC in terms of news shows began in August last year, when former senior presidential secretary for civil affairs Cho Kuk was nominated to become justice minister. 

The coronavirus outbreak has become another turning point for the shift in news show ratings between TV Chosun and JTBC, as increasing number of viewers tune into TV Chosun for updated news about the killer virus. As of Wednesday afternoon, over 1,100 people were confirmed to have been infected with the virus, and 12 people had died. 

The TV Chosun-JTBC news show rivalry is something few imagined would happen back in December 2011, when several television networks were launched after years of legislative battles. Like other networks, such as Channel A and MBN, TV Chosun and JTBC were portrayed as television networks with no future; largely because the news market at that time was dominated by three national broadcasters ― KBS, MBC and SBS. 

At the time, KBS topped the ratings with 18. 1 percent followed by SBS (10.1 percent) and MBC. TV Chosun and JTBC could not compete with the big three in terms of ratings. 

A dramatic change came in October 2016 when then-President Park Geun-hye was mired in a corruption scandal involving her long-time friend Choi Soon-sil.

JTBC's ground-breaking scoop on the so-called 'Choi's tablet PC' became a game changer in the television news market, elevating the once minor news channel into a major news show. At its peak, JTBC's prime-time news show marked 18 percent. The surge of JTBC at that point was a precursor to the decline of the big three national channels, and there was a dramatic shift in favor of JTBC in the ratings race in the television news market. 

Yearly surveys by weekly magazine Sisa In show that JTBC has been considered the most credible news source among TV viewers since 2017.

A survey by Mediatoday of 1000 people between Dec. 28 and Jan. 1 showed that JTBC earned 21 percent in its media credibility, while TV Chosun earned 15 percent in the same period. Compared to March 2018, the ratings for JTBC dropped 21 percentage points while TV Chosun gained 7 percentage points.

Korea's aging population seems to be another factor helping the rise of TV Chosun, as it is the preferred channel of older Koreans.

In 2018, the number of people in Korea aged over 65 increased by 5 percent year-on-year to 7.11 million, accounting for 14 percent of the total population. Korea is also expected to become the world's most aged society by 2067, thanks to a low national birth rate coinciding with a fast-aging population.

Another survey by Mediatoday showed that those aged over 60 accounted for 40 percent of the viewers of the first five episodes of "Mr. Trot" while viewers aged between 50 and 59 accounted for 27.8 percent, meaning seven out of 10 viewers of the program were aged over 50.

"Elderly people prefer to watch the cable channels. The audition program successfully combined music and performances they know and love," music critic Jung Min-jae said.

source: https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/art/2020/02/688_285157.html

Edited by Jillia
Please put more than 3 images in spoiler tags!
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Loveumore said:

CLOY fever still on the race on NetFlix most watched:wub:

Yes!! I saw that on twitter too. Makes me really proud and happy, as if I produced the drama hahaha!! What's amazing is that the series has already ended vs the others on Top 10 that are mostly still airing. All the articles being released and new audience watching it is helping CLOY to continue it's momentum even after the finale. I'm also thrilled at news of celebrities in HK and Phil (and other countries) posting about CLOY and imitating the characters like JH and SR. That's the ultimate praise for the drama and the actors!!

2 hours ago, Dana T said:

I know some are saying it's totally unrealistic and fantasy like...idk I guess in some aspects I'll give you that but I can see someone in her position who was so in need of love and understanding becoming family with that group and it changing her perspective on life, her priorities and her heart! 

I believe the reason why CLOY became so successful and stole the hearts of many viewers like all of us here, is because despite the fantasy-like setting, it is telling a story about people and their struggles that we can identify with and feel for. YSR finding her soulmate and good friends/ real family all the way in NK, and how JH and the rest of NK villagers changed her life and changed her, is a redeeming story that we fell in love with.

2 hours ago, Helena said:

OSEN | 2020. 02. 27. 4:48 PM

EXCLUSIVE

Heart-melting moments of Hyun Bin - Son Ye Jin in "Crash Landing On You"

"Even if I die, I won't let you go".

Audience still cannot let go of RiRi couple and CLOY. The articles and videos keeps on coming out. Amazing!! It's been 2 weeks now!! The 2nd weekend without new CLOY episodes..... TVN, do your job and release a CLOY Special!

• Like 2
  • Love 4