[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

Realistically speaking: In order for either SeRi, RJH or anyone to be a Swiss citizen - they need to be seeking political asylum (refugees, etc) or need to take a Italian/German/French language test that applies to their citizenship application and such....

• Like 5

Catching up on everyone’s posts over night! The drama is really getting more exciting as we come closer to the end...

Like many of you, I kept wondering if hand-holding was as far as we would get this episode, but if you think about it, the touching of hands is far more intimate than a hug. That lifting of the arm rest in the cinema though... I do think they’re building up sexual tension quite well (I remember someone commenting early on about how HB and SYJ weren’t doing enough in that department). I do think though that given the story trajectory, anything more intimate would seem a little misplaced. A kiss on that bridge would have been more than appropriate and natural though. Who’s the one really holding back now? Seri? JH? Maybe JH cos he needs to focus on his mission to get rid of CCG.

So many good scenes this episode though. But yes — how did the bullet hit her upper right abdomen?

• Like 8

1 hour ago, BlackKimchi said:

Anyway, my thoughts:

1. What did they all wish for at Seri’s birthday party?

I think it was quite adorable that everyone got to wish on her birthday party. She is 30-something and being the centered of this party doesn't mean as much to her as being able to share this joyful moment with her loved ones.  The cake and the party serves as a celebration of their reunion more than anything else and so everyone got to wish or hope for something bright for their future.

• Like 8
  • Love 1

Love the couple ring! Esp the hidden diamond within !

6 hours ago, JMarei said:

It’s the prettiest ring I have ever seen. I won’t take it off for the rest of my life. No matter what happens, I will remember you.

ending similar to this scene were they met for the firstime

=======

:lol:

Subway must be so mad that this bbq place keeps getting the screentime on tvN that they want only for themselves

where is this bridge in korea? It’s so beautiful and romantic ! Would love to visit this place too ! 

and the North Korea birthday song ! I will learn to sing this !!!! Haha :) 

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote images, thanks!
  • Like 5

Do you guys think Crush OST can soar to top 10 melon like Baek Yerin OST? 

This was his comeback OST after Goblin beautiful. 

We should be proud for this drama to had 6 OST at top 100

Baek Ye Rin - 4 

Yoon Mi Rae - 30

Kim Jae Hwan - 40

Song Ga In - 68

Davichi - 63

Kim Se Jeong - 84 

Should be 8 in the end because i believe both Crush and IU will stay at top 100.

Big props to Baek Ye Rin to stay at 4th for almost a month 

• Like 6

I wrote this on another thread but it’s more appropriate here since it’s about the writing and direction of our beloved Crash Landing Drama

While I like episode 13. I’m also not surprised in the ratings drop. The competition for Saturday night got a lot steeper with Itaewon Class and given some people feeling like the continued longing looks of between the RiRi couple are getting stale and overused it feels like the romance element of this romantic comedy is moving at a slower pace. Not to compare but the average viewer it becomes a choice between new unpredictable characters on the IC or a slowly progressing dynamic between characters who are stuck in a confess and stare routine. 

Both the bridge and the ring exchange were touching moments but missed opportunities to really invest the viewers into the relationship progress between the main characters. 

And frankly it doesn’t feel all that believable. They are in love with each other, want to have each other’s babies, exchange commitment rings, realize they are destined to be together and there reaction is to stare into each other’s eyes and rub hands. I don’t care how conservative you are, the awkward absence of physical contact in these moments feels disconnected and incongruous to what the writer wants us to believe about the depth of emotional connection. I found myself yelling at the screen in these moments even more than I was yelling at the guys to call an ambulance in the end. 

If we are going to hit our goal of twin digits (22%) then I hope the writer doesn’t fall into the trap of several of her other dramas that had similar storylines and pushes the dynamic between our RiRi couple in ways that are surprising. That doesn’t have to mean a graphic bed scene but it needs to be something more than giving us another set of side profile loving look wideangle shots. 

Outside of that critique there was soo much to love about this episode. Particularly the Fab 4+1 ducklings and how they have evolved as characters. The soccer game at the BBQ chicken spot and the fight scene were so memorable they are definitely in my favorite kDrama scenes of all time. 

• Like 14

I’ll be honest I wasn't too impressed with majority of the episode but the last few minutes made up for it. We had a fair bit of Seri and Ri moments but I felt they could have executed the bridge scene better. The back hug was nice but IMO the bridge scene should have been a more emotional one. Seri founding out that Ri saved his life many years ago and only saying this is one of the flashback moments that will flash before your eyes before you die seem rather flat to me. Kudos thought to the parallelism of shooting both scenes in the middle of a high bridge. The best moment between the two was when Ri gave the ring to Seri and Seri finding out later it was a couple’s ring. Ri was saying this is not a memento and that Seri should not give it a different meaning was funny because his words are definitely not consistent with his actions. 
One of the thing I didn’t like about the episode was too many scenes. But I guess since there are only 3 episodes left they are tying loose ends. We were wondering before how Ri suddenly has a contact in SK and now we found out it was actually Gu who helped him in that aspect. I was honestly surprised when Dan cried on finding this out from Gu. Dan always acts strong and sure of herself so that was totally out of character. I guess she is starting to realize that she cannot compete with Seri for Ri’s heart and Ri going after the colonel to SK to save Seri is like the final nail in the coffin. 
I’m glad Seri’s step mom is on her side this time. She did a very bad thing to Seri when Seri was a kid so she is trying to atone for it by doing the right thing. On a serious note Seri’s 2nd brother and sister is law are really ruthless and evil. They used pictures of Seri and Gu together in NK to make the implication that Seri is involved in swindling them. Good thing Seri’s father did not take it at face value but it did gave him pause to demote his son from the CEO position. Those two will be in a whole world of trouble when the truth comes out. Interestingly Gu said the truth to Dan when he said Seri’s family was responsible for bringing down his family.

Now to the best part of the episode. I really thought the Rat was acting like a Rat again when he called the colonel and said Seri is on the way. We all thought Seri was alone in the car when suddenly the ducklings plus one came to the rescue. The colonel is cunning but two can play it at that game. The Rat told Ri everything so they made a plan of their own. Even Seri helped by contacting the apartment thugs to help them. She did tell Ri early on that she can use her status, power and wealth to bring down the colonel. The plan almost worked except for one thing, Seri was shot in the act of saving Ri. One of the best if not the best cliffhanger so far in the drama. We all know Seri will not die and will end up in the hospital but how about the colonel? The Rat was shown firing the gun then the scene faded to black. I really hope the colonel doesn’t have nine lives and escape again. 
I’m not a ballistics or gun expert but I had to rewatch the scenes before and after Seri was hit. The colonel shot from the right side at a slightly lower elevation and the part of the car’s window that shattered seem to be much higher than Seri’s side that was hit. It seem level with her shoulder as you can see it on the leftmost part of the screen.

It is Monday tomorrow so I will be late in watching episode 14 because of work. Hoping for an even better episode. 

• Like 9

12 minutes ago, BlackKimchi said:

So he’s not yet dead, but what if he had a serious injury during the beating? I can’t think straight! Any theories?

the wife and kid can join him in SK and live happily ever after.. :lol: start anew, no more wife of a rat or son of a rat.. they are going to be proud family of The Bodyguard maybe open a fried chicken and beer shop too!

• Like 5

This comment sums up all my feelings about this drama:

BEST댓글 운영 기준 안내안내 레이어 보기
  • 마드모아젤
    솔직히 둘이 너무 사랑하고 같이 있어 좋은데, 애정표현이 너무 부족해서 이제 보는 사람이 어색해 지는 것 같아요 .키스신 같은거 원하는게 아니라 , 걸을 때 손이라도 잡고 걷는다든지 이런 연인 같은 표현이 있음 좋겠는데, 너무 딱딱해서 이제는 몰입에 약간 방해 되는 것 같아요... 북한군 설정이라 해도 그걸로 만회가 되지는 않네요. 매회 9시에 비비큐 예약주문 해놓고 보는데 그런부분에서 신랑이랑 의아해 하고 있네요. 그리고 현빈 얼굴 너무 CG 처럼 잘생겨서 그것또한 사람으로서 어찌 그럴 수 있나 의아하고 ㅋㅋㅋㅋ
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, INeedAFan said:

BEST댓글 운영 기준 안내안내 레이어 보기
  • 마드모아젤
    솔직히 둘이 너무 사랑하고 같이 있어 좋은데, 애정표현이 너무 부족해서 이제 보는 사람이 어색해 지는 것 같아요 .키스신 같은거 원하는게 아니라 , 걸을 때 손이라도 잡고 걷는다든지 이런 연인 같은 표현이 있음 좋겠는데, 너무 딱딱해서 이제는 몰입에 약간 방해 되는 것 같아요... 북한군 설정이라 해도 그걸로 만회가 되지는 않네요. 매회 9시에 비비큐 예약주문 해놓고 보는데 그런부분에서 신랑이랑 의아해 하고 있네요. 그리고 현빈 얼굴 너무 CG 처럼 잘생겨서 그것또한 사람으로서 어찌 그럴 수 있나 의아하고 ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

What does it means? B)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, INeedAFan said:

BEST댓글 운영 기준 안내안내 레이어 보기
  • 마드모아젤

Hi, possible to translate this into English?

Edited: ok I used Google Translate. Don’t know how accurate it is though.

Mademoiselle
Honestly, they love each other so much that it's good to be with them, but the lack of affection is so awkward that the viewer looks awkward. I think it's a little bit obstructive now ... Even if you're setting up North Korea, that doesn't make it. I've ordered a BBQ at 9:00 every time, and I'm wondering with the bridegroom. And Hyun Bin's face is so handsome like CG, so I wonder how it can be like a person ㅋ ㅋㅋㅋ

• Like 6

I’m just wondering, why there is no forehead kiss as minimum after the ring exchange? I feel that forehead kiss is romantic enough for such moments. It’s felt bit slow now in the romantic part although many moments and clarity of their relationship are in the surface. 

I like the way the storyline was told. We did not predict they will do the plan like that. Awesome. 

It is back to Man Bok feels that RJH is really caring, and how man to man and kindness approach are the winner. 

Just waiting for tonight’s episode and RJH’s father plan to bring back the ducklings and RJH now. I like it more when SeRi is in NK because she can get the warmth of a family instead when she is with her real family in SK. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

2 hours ago, creativedistraction said:

Not gonna lie this mde me sad. I was so sure they'd get super high by now. It was trending on twitter last night and everyone was talking about it. I wish they'd include ratings for netflix or something to see how popular it is. Does netflix have ratings lol

Oh , it’s got lower ranks... I’m happy but still :tears:. Yeah I was so excited and expecting so much because a lot of ppl was talking about it on SNS. Cloy has become a trend at first place on some countries on twitter and first place on naver as well (and if I’m not wrong CLOY took almost 8/9 places on the rank of most search on a list that hits until 20 or something) so I’m disappointed as well :bawling:. I’m hoping that episode 14 would hit better.

• Like 4