[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

2 hours ago, Rakan Almutiri said:

i cried like a baby in the last secne and shocked

I had some warning and am still awashed in tears. I mean even the preview told us she was in hospital.

This writer is mean. That was a well written scene. Subjectively. Then there is my heart. Gosh those 2 people. SYJ's voice over is just beautiful * wails *

How could they do the couple rings then end on that? Well she can. But golly gosh, that  ring scene was perfection as rings scenes go. The director was spot on in the timing. The two of them literally live the phrase " eating each other with their eyes. "

No comments now. Geez. Goodness me.

• Like 9

31 minutes ago, jamy47 said:

Hyun Bin and Ye Jin's chemistry is so strong that they really dont need much to sell their love onscreen and even without kisses and touches you feel the longing and tension. I have not seen such chemistry on a Kdrama in a while. That's also why i'm not bothered too much by the lack of kissing yet. I believe the writer is keeping this for the last two episodes or perhaps to make a point that after this accident JH will be more explicit with the way he shows his love and wont hold himself back so much because if you notice Seri looks at him sometimes with desire to do more but she has been following his lead when it comes to intimacy, he has always initiated their kisses and hugs, which is weird because she makes it sound like she has some experience with men but it's something i actually doubt in reality lol. I will wait to watch the episode in full before sharing my opinion more on the events because i've only seen some clips online but i expect tomorrow's episode to be really special given the ending of this episode.

Love your opinions esp about Seri:lol: I'm waiting and hoping an exploding of RJH, he should show it for us :rolleyes:

Watched this ep twice and cried double times at certainly same scenes that is the scenes of OTP and the scenes two comrades Chi Su and Ju Moek. Chi Su at last scene where he emotionally cried so hard the first time in this series and Ju Moek at the scene with CJW, don't know why but his happiness was so pure and sincere that made my tears just dropped. Choi-Ji-Woo_2.jpg

• Like 11
  • Love 3

http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.com/2020/02/north-korean-defectors-comment-on.html

North Korean defectors comment on the accuracy of 'Crash Landing On You'

Saturday, February 08, 2020 

2020020701000499100033044.jpg

Article: North Korean defector YouTuber analyzes 'Crash Landing On You' "Young Ae, and Pyo Chi Soo are 100% in sync with North Korean people"

Source: Sports Seoul via Nate

"Young Ae is so similar to the wives of the upper class in the North. And there is no soldier as handsome as Hyun Bin either."

"The drama has so much well thought out detail that even among us defectors, we call it one of the best depictions of North Korea (laugh)."

"There were times in real life when the electricity went out, trains would stop running, there was no heating so we had to start wood fires. It's very behind compared to the South. I wouldn't call the drama a glamorization of the North when they show it for what it is. It's a drama made to entertain so I think people should just view it as that, a drama."

(On Style): "The style is totally from the North. Especially Young Ae. Na Wol Sook is exactly what the wives of the soldiers act like. You have to keep your hair tied up in a reserved style. Long or permed hair are not permitted in the North."

"Ri Sul Joo's style was trending in the North when I was still there. Before her appearance, most women wore something similar to soldier uniforms or work uniforms. Ri Sul Joo made things like dresses and blouses more popular."

(On the drinking of soju in the drama): "We don't drink the soju from the drama. In the North, people make their own alcohol, which is actually done in private since it's not permitted. We have a variety of different alcohol like acorn, etc that is produced in a factory in Pyongyang. Every city has a factory for it. My mother made corn alcohol and sold it in the market. A lot of the families will make their own food at home to sell."

(On housing checks): "It's a lifestyle. You're not allowed out after 10 pm, and guests must be registered. You'll be legally penalized if you hide anyone. Most houses get checked if there's a report of someone watching Korean dramas in there. The entire neighborhood is subjected to it but it's usually one house that's targeted, and there really are cases where people will hide in the kimchi cellar. The penalty for watching Korean content is the worst. You can get the death penalty or even sentenced to jail for life just for watching one episode. If you're rich, you get away with 5-10 years in jail."

(On soldiers as handsome as Hyun Bin): "This was the most ridiculous. There is no soldier as handsome as him in the North. In the North, men with chubby faces like Jun Hyun Moo are considered handsome. But in the younger generations, they do prefer types like Lee Min Ho, Hyun Bin, and Kwon Sang Woo."

-

1. [+1,544, -89] There's no soldier as handsome as Hyun Bin in the south either...

2. [+982, -39] ㅎㅎ Pyo Chi Soo is perfect ㅋㅋ

3. [+865, -42] The YouTuber doesn't want Ri Jung Hyuk to go back to the North ㅋㅋㅋ now that's genuine ㅋㅋ

4. [+59, -3] "What's most ridiculous is that Hyun Bin is a North Korean soldier. There is no soldier who looks like him in the North (laugh). Pyo Chi Soo, Geum Eun Dong, and Ear are similar." ㅎㅎㅎㅎㅎ

5. [+50, -5] The drama would be half as funny without Pyo Chi Soo

6. [+37, -27] This is sooooo fun ㅋㅋ

7. [+35, -22] Please use uglier actors. How is Hyun Bin a North Korean soldier? Get someone with some burn marks on their head, someone who looks rough.

8. [+27, -4] Young Ae Dongji's acting is so genuine~!!

9. [+27, -3] The drama makes you realize that North Korea is still in worse condition than we were in our 70s. It makes me grateful that I get to live where I do.

10. [+18, -2] It made me trust her when she said "There is no soldier as handsome as Hyun Bin in the North"
  • Like 8
  • LOL 5
  • Insightful 4

Thoughts on a villain: 

. Sang-ah seems to be a relentless villain. Episode 13 and she is still conniving, greedy and manipulative. I am soooo glad that the parents see through her. First the mum, when Sang-ah held a secret board meeting because she again wants to try to replace SeRi as CEO of Se-Ri’s choice. And then the dad, when she presented pictures of GSJ and SeRi in NK. The dad wants to hear it from SeRi of what really happened in NK. 

The actress is doing so well that I believe that she’s really a b*&%$. What a piece of work she is. 

• Like 8
  • Love 1

Now, the second sister-in-law is done but I can imagine that first her husband will blame his wife saying that he had no idea. However, I can imagine that he will fail with this strategy. RJH was a witness of his involvement and there is a record about his conversation between him and CCG. It would be interesting if the father decides to force his first daughter-in-law to choose: either she remains married but accepts that her husband will never be the CEO or she gets divorced but receives a huge alimony.

• Like 6
  • Insightful 2

f758acc8d1c17405cbeefa1a08000d08ff6172a5.gifv63c878ed5cf219b8e8b67b14eb919e7d9e668ea1.gifv

Spoiler

de31e3b093a9ef4c9fa5acc1792bb7e0b41cd1fa.gifvimage

1af2f9a7298d40f9e4c899da6585a553b3990711.gifv1de2a858eb1a4bfe42b676890fefa9112f11885b.gifv

myechoecho

Crash Landing on You, ep 13

This episode was really good, except for the ending. Though I doubt Se Ri is going to die since there are 3 episodes left. God help us if she gets amnesia for some stupid reason.

• Spoiler

• Firstly, I want to say that Chi Su was kinda of the star of this episode for me. You’ve seen it here and there but this was the first time he really showed how much he cares for Se Ri. He was distraught that she was crying. He wants Se R and Jeong Hyeok to run away. He’s absurdly pleased at getting the Fragrant Scalp Award. He tells Se Ri not to be afraid because they are by her side. He fought the hardest in the fight to protect her. He cried when she was shot. Loved him this episode.
    • The deer story was a pretty good one to explain to Jeong Hyeok how worried she was for him and how he might no longer be accepted. I appreciate how they actually talk to one another. So while Jeong Hyeok knows how devastated Se Ri will be when if he leaves, he also knows how important his well being is to her.
    • The birthday celebration was probably the best one Se Ri has ever had. But even better was the ring scene. It was incredibly sweet. Jeong Hyeok was so nervous and had a ridiculous build up to explaining the gift. They put the rings on each other and then keep on turning their hands over to look at the rings. You can see the rings in several shots after that too.
    • I loved the ducklings’ shopping spree. It was funny to me how Gwang Beom, the quiet one who is most like Jeong Hyeok, quietly went off to the side and then came out like a model rocking the most fashionable outfit.  Eun Dong broke my heart a bit when all he wanted was the cute hat and a school uniform. And then they all met up with Se Ri and Jeong Hyeok and watched the soccer game, with Chi Su losing again to Se Ri in the drinking game.
    • Jeong Hyeok and Se Ri playing hooky was great and something they needed. It was just nice to see them doing something so normal as going on a date. They were having fun. The part on the bridge was also somewhat of a call back to when they first met. But I’m glad Jeong Hyeok told her that she was his style, and he had thought about her over the years.
    • I was a bit worried that Man Bok was going to betray them but I’m pleased that he didn’t. He stood up against his tormentor. We’ll have to see if he actually killed him, but he did shoot him.
    • I don’t want to spend much time on Se Ri’s trash tier family but Sang A truly is the worst of them. Se Ri’s dad is right: Se Hyeong is a spineless, incompetent jerk who is dominated by his wife. Se Jun and Hye Ji are awful but they are mostly greedy and selfish. I honestly don’t think they would have done what Sang A and Se Hyeong did. I remain firm that Se Ri’s mom is going to key to helping out Se Ri.
    • I’m crossing my fingers that Dan will let go of Jeong Hyeok and not do some sort of bitter revenge. Seung Jun clearly adores her and understands her better than Jeong Hyeok ever could.
    • Now Se Ri and Jeong Hyeok have both taken a bullet for the other. Not sure how she was shot on her lower side when the bullet went through the window. I’m a little puzzled that Jeong Hyeok says he has more to say to her and that it was “I love you”. I suppose he hasn’t actually said I love you directly but he basically told her when he said he wanted to stay with her, marry her and have a family and see her grow old. He also called her the one he loved. Still I would like to see them say I love you to each other face to face.

I really think that Se Ri and Jeong Hyeok are going to have their happy ending.  There’s been too much about fate and how they’ve met over and over again to have them part. Plus why else would they choose that quote from Stairway to Heaven about who those love each other will always find one another.

EDIT: Oh my gosh, I almost forgot about Ju Meok’s lunch with Ji Woo. I’m so happy that he met his idol and he was crazy sweet and awkward.  I hope he got less nervous and was able to talk to her.

• Like 9
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 3

16 minutes ago, dulcinea1 said:

Ratings episode 13 (Nielsen Korea)

Nationwide: 14.097%

Seoul: 14.620%

They decreased a little (both nationwide and Seoul). 

But with that cliffhanger, I hope episode 14 will make a new record :).

My heart sank a weeny tiny little bit with the lower ratings. But never mind! For me this episode topped the previous 12! I can’t wait to know how this all ends!

• Like 4

So many things to say. For now, just want to say I am glad the actor playing Chi Soo is gettig recognition and even trending online. 

He has acted really throughout the series. I wouldn’t have guessed that he hasn’t acted much on TV prior to CLOY. During the fight with CJK gang, he acted really well and his punches looked almost real. And of course his tears moved me. I really wish this is the beginning of the rise of his career. 

Like what most of you already said, the best thing about this drama is how well-written the secondary characters are which make the audience really root for them. I love the ducklings so much and the  ahjummas. Honestly, for me, it is only SD and SJ that I still feel ambivalent about. 

• Like 11
  • Love 3

8 hours ago, J13 said:

Ahhhh the wait is killing me!! So based off some comments I’ve seen, if SR ends up in hospital next episode then we will also get a kiss then too right, cos looks like the SK storyline is really unfolding in the same way as the NK storyline?  And was there really no kiss after they exchanged rings?? :bawling: don’t get me wrong, I’m loving every sweet moment between our lead couple but it’s HB and SYJ and we know what they can do! Plus even before this drama aired, soooo many people shipped them and this is our chance to see them fully together with lots of kisses! :bawling: Ok I’ll stop being greedy haha

I was watching it live and some fans commented after there was STILL NO kisses exchanged even after that touching revelation on the bridge about their encounter in Switzerland many yrs ago, that we have seen more PPLs about chicken than kisses! :lol:

8 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

i’m going to lurk and see which exquisite ring brand this time.. swarovski? tiffanys? or.. bvlgari??? :dizzy:

Me too I was waiting to see something amazing, unfortunately to keep in line with the story and diminish any doubts about where he would've sourced funds from, those rings were SO plain! And JH kept emphasizing about its simplicity and how he got them in a hurry so I feel like maybe this time there really isn't a brand to it :sweatingbullets: . MAN I was excpecting something pretty and flashy.. even if its is Minigold or some korean brand.

Edit. Ok I take my comment back. Just saw the above post about Chaumet Raubans. Ans the hidden diamond within. Hahahahahaha

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

My heart sank a little when i saw the almost 2% decrease... i was hoping for it to go higher...

but i guess there's a lot of competition on a Saturday night and Itaewon Class is also sooo good! Hehe. 

Anways, i'm excited for tonight's episode! :heart:

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Kyoya said:

My heart sank a little when i saw the almost 2% decrease... i was hoping for it to go higher...

but i guess there's a lot of competition on a Saturday night and Itaewon Class is also sooo good! Hehe. 

Anways, i'm excited for tonight's episode! :heart:

Yes, IC only in its 4th ep, but already reach 10%!

• Like 2

Hello to all CLOY comrades!!! I really enjoyed this ep again!!

another blockbuster ep 13....i love how SR interacts with the squads, she's really treated them very well, love the way she gave them a card to splurge woah that was so cool; one of the touching scenes would be for me is when Officer Kim (the kdrama fanatic) met his fave actress Cho ji woo, u cld almost feel how surprised he was and who couldnt be happy for him :) CJW is beautiful as ever, i think she's on the family way when this cameo was filmed!

well the cliffhanger, i think all of us know that SR won't die in this drama at least we hope not - after all we have about 3 more epi to go! I hope that officer Rat won't die also! I dread to think this is almost ending! :(

One WS after another :wub:!!

@Ameera Ali woah love those gifs! lols i know STH i was really happy and touched by that scene with CJW!!  I didn't realize that the errand that Officer Kim was supposed to do was to meet CJW hahaha I think you're right if i were him i'd be jumping up & down meeting my favorite K idol, but i guess he was beyond shock!

matter of fact, that was the drama that made me a fan of CJW! :) I remember crying in many scenes hahaha

@SC2019

------ I agree with you i was also thinking why didn't they call 911 and all of them were in awe seeing her shot and bloody! I can only guess that writer-nim just wanted that scene frozen and leave the viewers with that cliffhanger but i guess it's not gg to happen that SR will die in this drama, I think NO WAY :)

I think CCG wld be dead and i hope Rat will survive though! I just adore the 5 squads, they're awesome!

Re: this ep's rating i don't u/stand why a decrease in rating? some comrade here indicated bc there were other dramas on w/ends such as Taewon etc. but we'd think were are those following this drama already? :( what happened to them? LOLs

Let's hope in the next few episodes that HB's wish will come true at least if it goes up to 18 maybe if not 20% as he was hoping for!

Edited by hibiscus23
to add something else
  • Like 6
  • Love 3

1 minute ago, hibiscus23 said:

Hello to all CLOY comrades!!! I really enjoyed this ep again!!

another blockbuster ep 13....i love how SR interacts with the squads, she's really treated them very well, love the way she gave them a card to splurge woah that was so cool.

well the cliffhanger, i think all of us know that SR won't die in this drama at least we hope not - after all we have about 3 more epi to go!

I second that. Even grumpy shed a tear - goes to say a lot about how each and every one of them feel about SR. They are like the family she has never had. Well, now that the baddie is out of the way, it's resolution time and the wait for how SR and JH will have their 'happy ever after' ending, hopefully with twins to boot. 

[the ending though really was drama put in for good measure. Had it been a different genre, someone should have been figuring out how to call 911 or the equivalent in Korea. My rational brain was going, ok enough hugging and standing around looking. Someone should be figuring out how to call for help. LOL ]

• Like 4

I'm so disappointed that they didn't kissed on this ep...again. Even on NK tehy kissed a lot on the beginning of the story, so I thought "WOO finally a drama where they will be ''always'' kissing each other '', but now that Se-ri got shot she will be on the hospital on the next episode so no kiss once more. I think they will just kiss in the final episode(or they will have another goodbye kiss when captain Ri comes back to NK) I'm really sick of this, they have so much chemistry than even when they're just holding hands I' passed out, but I need more action. Their characters are on their mid 30's and both of them on real life are on their late 30's. They aren't children anymore, two scenes that was perfect for tha happens (couple ring and the bridge one) passed on black without that :rage:.

PS 1 : I still absolutely LOVED the episode, this is just a post about my upsetting of the romance development of RiRi couple and the fault of improvement on the skinships scnes.

PS 2 : I know that they were in dangerous but like in any dramatic dramas/movies etc we need a comic relief we also need a romantic relief, we are already on the end of the drama and nothing is happening :bawling:.

PS 3: That's my point of view guys so its ok if the no existent kissing+skinship scenes didn't bothers you, I'm just here talking about my frustrations.CLOY it's still my favorite drama so far :heart:.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, pnaysurfer84 said:

Sang-ah seems to be a relentless villain. Episode 13 and she is still conniving, greedy and manipulative. I am soooo glad that the parents see through her. First the mum, when Sang-ah held a secret board meeting because she again wants to try to replace SeRi as CEO of Se-Ri’s choice. And then the dad, when she presented pictures of GSJ and SeRi in NK. The dad wants to hear it from SeRi of what really happened in NK. 

The actress is doing so well that I believe that she’s really a b*&%$. What a piece of work she is. 

5 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

Now, the second sister-in-law is done but I can imagine that first her husband will blame his wife saying that he had no idea. However, I can imagine that he will fail with this strategy. RJH was a witness of his involvement and there is a record about his conversation between him and CCG. It would be interesting if the father decides to force his first daughter-in-law to choose: either she remains married but accepts that her husband will never be the CEO or she gets divorced but receives a huge alimony.

5 hours ago, Jemrie said:

I don’t want to spend much time on Se Ri’s trash tier family but Sang A truly is the worst of them. Se Ri’s dad is right: Se Hyeong is a spineless, incompetent jerk who is dominated by his wife. Se Jun and Hye Ji are awful but they are mostly greedy and selfish. I honestly don’t think they would have done what Sang A and Se Hyeong did. I remain firm that Se Ri’s mom is going to key to helping out Se Ri.

Sang-ah is interesting in that she was chosen by Seri's dad as wife for Se-hyung because she comes from an influential family.  So it was a marriage of alliance for his company.  And Seri's dad himself was ambitious enough that he was willing to commit illegal acts.  They are not a pretty group.  The principled Ri brothers make quite a striking contrast.

• Like 2
  • Love 1