[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

24 minutes ago, Blue7 said:

some people feeling like the continued longing looks of between the RiRi couple are getting stale and overused it feels like the romance element of this romantic comedy is moving at a slower pace. Not to compare but the average viewer it becomes a choice between new unpredictable characters on the IC or a slowly progressing dynamic between characters who are stuck in a confess and stare routine. 

Both the bridge and the ring exchange were touching moments but missed opportunities to really invest the viewers into the relationship progress between the main characters. 

And frankly it doesn’t feel all that believable. They are in love with each other, want to have each other’s babies, exchange commitment rings, realize they are destined to be together and there reaction is to stare into each other’s eyes and rub hands. I don’t care how conservative you are, the awkward absence of physical contact in these moments feels disconnected and incongruous to what the writer wants us to believe about the depth of emotional connection. I found myself yelling at the screen in these moments even more than I was yelling at the guys to call an ambulance in the end. 

>>you're preaching to the choir, comrade. Director-nim and writer-nim, please read this. You can still make changes in the last 2 episodes.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Kristen Son said:

HB & SYJ have more chemistry in their eyes and hands than most kiss/bed scenes I've ever seen. Hopefully they will give us what we want in the next 3 episodes kekeke

I’m hoping for that too, but unfortunately I doubt that this would happen :tears:. In the next episode Se-ri will be on the hospital and I think that after she recovers he would be back to NK so the biggest thing I think that we Could (because it’s just a possibility) receive for them it’s a goodbye kiss (that kiss that when they edit the drama they choose the worst angles ever to the final product and cut off almost the entire kiss scene ^^).

• Like 4

The episode last night was full of emotion as usual, i believe that Cheol Gang already died but there are many theorories that he is still alive, how about you guys? One more thing i really want to know that is the bridge was shooting in ep13, its really nice, if i know the location i would definitely go there for my April trip in Korea:))))

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, Blue7 said:

And frankly it doesn’t feel all that believable. They are in love with each other, want to have each other’s babies, exchange commitment rings, realize they are destined to be together and there reaction is to stare into each other’s eyes and rub hands. I don’t care how conservative you are, the awkward absence of physical contact in these moments feels disconnected and incongruous to what the writer wants us to believe about the depth of emotional connection. I found myself yelling at the screen in these moments even more than I was yelling at the guys to call an ambulance in the end. 

Agree, their chemistry is undeniable, but their body languages were awkward during those two scenes (ring and bridge). Seriously, I just couldn’t comprehend why they only stared at each other In both scenes.

• Like 6
  • LOL 8

1 hour ago, Ameera Ali said:

@hibiscus23 if there isn’t happy ending writer should be worry , seri will send her army to beat him :joy:

# behind every strong man There’s a strong woman :wub:

@Ameera Ali we'll go to SK to picket or protest if writer-nim will give us a lousy ending :joy:!! hahaha and that too SR will surely send the 5 squads to do that! I hope Rat didn't die, he's got a wife and a kid - that CCG let's hope he's gone by next ep!

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

I think today's episode (13) is one of my favourites along with episode 9.  I didn't notice that it was too jam packed with scenes but even if it was, maybe I prefer this because I like how fast the story moves.

I re-watched the ending of eps 6 when RJH got shot because I wanted to see how SR reacted to it.  I'm trying to identify the emotional difference between eps 6 and 13 ending scenes from the characters' point of view... I think RJH's reaction was a lot more devastating than SR's and I would attribute this to the fact that they've grown beyond just two people falling in love... at this stage they have envisioned each other as being the mother/father of their children together, and I think this depth of love makes it more devastating for them (and for us as viewers too).  On the flip side, when RJH took the bullet for her in eps 6, I think he did it out of his duty to protect her (obviously we know he was falling in love with her too) but there was always a sense of responsibility to safely assist her in returning home and protecting her throughout.  Here in eps 13, SR is protecting the man she loves (again, the man she envisions having children with/for), and so her decision to take the bullet for him is at an even deeper level than just protecting him.  Side note I think it hit her lower right abdomen because she was on a slope, think it was slightly downhill, not sure).

Speaking of their love, I agree with the consensus in this thread about how we feel re: the lack of kiss(es) in the ring-exchange scene and the bridge scene.  At this point I'm no longer thinking about why RJH and SR are holding back, since I think it isn't in character to be holding back, it is unnatural and unrealistic but as a fan I am overlooking this fact on purpose so as to not diminish my support for this drama...

On the ducklings, I must say the reason why these side characters have won us over so much is probably because their part of the story is so highly integrated into the leads' story and so we are not bored with, perhaps, their personal side stories which in other dramas are often unrelated to the leads.  Bravo to the writer for writing her story in this way.  I'm also impressed by the writer's decision to kill off the antagonist (CG) with 3 eps left (I know this isn't for sure but it was surely suggestive).  You can't please everyone, sometimes viewers complain the villain takes up too much time up until the end, and sometimes viewers are unhappy when the problem was so "easily resolved" - I'm glad the CLOY writer decided to use the last 3 eps to focus on the OTP instead.

One negative comment about the writing is Seo Dan's character.  I don't understand her at all and I find her story relatively forced.  In episode 14's preview we see her asking SJ not to go, and she has puppy eyes in love.  But as soon as she hears SJ telling her how RJH moved heaven and earth for SR, she starts crying.  I don't believe she is falling for SJ, I think she still very much likes her childhood crush and wishes to fall in love with him and have him fall in love with her.  If this is the case I hope her story can stay consistent on this route.

On the editing, I have to say I was a big fan of how the last 15 minutes was filmed, edited, etc.  The pace, slo-mo, music, close-up choice with the rings, etc.  The insertion of the scene in the living room where the boys tell RJH they won't be leaving on the bus, followed by them running to SR/RJH, loved it.  

Finally, I have to say, I'm happy we got the must-have Dyson vacuum PPL and I LOVED the Range Rover scenic commercial.

12 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Even knowing that SR will live, it's heartbreaking to watch so much sadness from JH and the Ducklings.

Yes this is so true, the heartbreaking part is watching them being so heartbroken, scared, devastated...  Same feeling we all felt at the end of episode 8 when RJH thought SR got shot when he was on the phone with her (we as viewers had the benefit of knowing she's alright but he doesn't and it pained us to see this).

11 hours ago, luvcrabbieshinhwa said:

Hide contents

- Lack of skinship between OTPs starts to feel a bit unnatural for me. I mean, even if they're holding back due to impending separation, it's still quite unbelievable for two adults in love just stare at each other...?? And what's with the distance between them on the bridge and during couple ring scene? Not even a hug??? Writer-nim, come on... 

Yep...100%

11 hours ago, bibbokiddo said:

I was actually okay when YSR took the bullet for RJH. I repeat I WAS okay because there's no way the writer will kill YSR otherwise the writer can kiss my as*!!!! I was okay yeah that was expected UNTIL I saw Pyo Chi Su broke down. I lost it. He's literally shattered when he saw YSR got shot. That broke me to pieces. 

Yeah that was so unexpected how Pyo Chi Su was the trigger for breaking down!  That was so well done, with the single tear and shocked face.  Oh also he pushed Man Bok out of the way when he was about to get shot.  He also gave his shoes to Eun Dong when he didn't have shoes.  Pyo Chi Su is actually a hero!

9 hours ago, Favnia said:

Thumbs up to your write up!  Agreed on every point.

2 hours ago, J13 said:

Also slightly off topic but I find it interesting that JH didn’t remember SR’s face when he first saw her in NK. Like I get that they met again in the most unusual circumstances and I did find it plausible up until this point but he admitted in episode 13 that when he first saw her, she was his type and also that he thought about her after the encounter on the bridge. He even remembered her saying he could do better so odd that he didn’t really remember her face. I think SR not remembering is understandable given her mental state at the time but JH seemed to be quiet enamoured with SR during their first meeting. Anyways I guess it was a few years back so maybe that’s why. Just my random thoughts for the day lol 

Thought about this a lot too.  I really wonder if he's just saying this to her now with the benefit of remembering this whole exchange and meeting with her.  Was she really his type at the time or is he just saying this now since he loves her?  If he thinks about this woman every now and then, he shouldn't have forgotten her when he met her 7 years later (why do I think it's 7 years.. hmm).  And RJH can probably read lips - only explanation since pretty sure SR muttered that under her breath.

• Like 15

I just found out that aside from being greedy, I am also shallow. For the first time since CLOY aired, I wasn't as excited to go home to watch it because I thought... nah, there wouldn't be any kiss or intimate scenes anyway. I don't need to watch it real-time. We've already had enough laughter, fear, heartache and suspense. But not enough frustration and longing.

I knew there will be nail-biting scenes but it wouldn't cause as much uproar as a kiss, a bed scene (OR a shirtless Hyun Bin scene :lol: shallow, shallow, shallow). For all intents and purposes, I STILL DECLARE MY LOVE AND DEVOTION to this kdrama. It's close to perfect, if not for one minor detail-- one that has already become a major concern.

I can only give so many excuses for the cutesy/innocent encounters but I am already in my late 30's (just like Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin) and I could only sigh, roll my eyes and even chuckle at the scenes. The hesitation, the holding back and all that jazz was okay at first... but the lack of intimacy during the couple ring scene, the bridge scene or even the birthday scene is just so out of tune, bordering sacrilege. Forgive me for being such an ahjumma hahaha but it doesn't make sense. Really? An engagement of sorts, a monumental revelation of destiny and fate, a freakin' birthday?

Kids, this isn't how you do it when you're in you're 30's. We don't have all the patience nor the time to waste at this age.

The last part of those heart-fluttering scenes was devoid of humanity, in my opinion. The "I-don't-want-to-create-memories-so-you-won't-get-hurt-when-we-separate" theme has dragged on for so long that Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin's chemistry (enough to create electricity for all of NK) just couldn't cut it anymore. They deserve a moment of lunacy, of losing control. CCK wasn't even there to stop them. We are all humans. We are all supposed to be made up of memories, both happy and sad.

If two people are in the verge of separation (or elation), wouldn't it drive them to do something as crazy, inappropriate or desperate as a kiss? Even sailors and warriors steal hugs and kisses from their loved ones before going away on a long journey. Some even try to conceive children just for the heck of it. The use and re-use of innocence and restraint in all OTP sweet moments honestly feels like watching Jeong Hyeok saying I love you to Seri's "lifeless" body on repeat.

Ugh, greedy and shallow me should go to hell. :joy: The ending scene though gets an AAA+. Such heart-wrenching scene, it was perfect in its own way. The ducklings have as much weight now as the OTP inside my heart. Now that I have ranted to my heart's content, I will try to go home early to watch CLOY tonight, hoping against hope that the drama gods will bless us all.

• Like 3
  • LOL 12
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 2

Just finished rewatching this episode with my sister. Here is my take on the episode.

Where do we go from here?

When the last episode (12) ended, I thought SR x RJH’s relationship would have developed to a more mature relationship. What I mean by such a relationship is: both of them start to go for it and fight for it. I’ll be honest, though RJH is a great person, his cuteness is overused. Shouldn’t they move to the next stage of their relationship? Even Dan and SJ’s relationship moves at a faster speed than them.

Endless PPL and pointless scenes

I don’t think the PPLs are being used effectively in this episode. Rather, those PPLs breaks the momentum. Case, the vacuum cleaner. Who cares about it? I don’t care how SR cleans up her house. That’s her issue and I certainly don’t want to watch her cleaning her house because it’s unbelievable. You can argue that it’s important because it shows how Sang A gets a hold of her cleaner. However, this scene doesn’t have much contributions to the drama other than the money generated by its product. 

The evil is not too bad 

After 13 episodes, I am still waiting for an explanation of CCK’s motives. Yes, he killed JH’s brother because he got his records, but why did he become such a person? What’s his story? He is a very one dimensional character that is ought to be forgotten. Similar to Sang A.

I think today’s episode would focus on “the family”.

I am going to write more later. Enjoy your weekend!

• Like 8
  • LOL 1

@INeedAFan

CCK said to Man Bok that he has nothing to loose because he was a street rat before he came into office. But i agree that it was a shallow excuse to be doing what he is doing now. I’ve always looked at my dad to ask questions of why people like CCK exist. I’m also watching Itaewon Class with the same kind of villain character. My dad said to me that in the Korean Society, evil villains can exist. HAHA! But at the same time, evil can exist in ANY society. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Site Admin said:

If two people are in the verge of separation (or elation), wouldn't it drive them to do something as crazy, inappropriate or desperate as a kiss? Even sailors and warriors steal hugs and kisses from their loved ones before going away on a long journey. The use and re-use of innocence and restraint in all OTP sweet moments honestly feels like watching Jeong Hyeok saying I love you to Seri's "lifeless" body on repeat.

I agree it's quite off track that the level of intimacy is way behind from their affection towards each other... (especially the ring exchange scene! It's suppose to be their forbidden wedding!!)

BUT on their defense, JH is a guy who grew up in NK, (a country that you may be sent to jail for kissing a girl in public). I am sure he's not that kind of person who would jump on the girl whom he loves easily, he is also a guy who keeps his emotions to himself... As many of you comrades mentioned, he always kiss the girl after a shock/serious incident... So, I can still understand the reason why there are lack of skinship in the drama. 

Spoiler

Probably I should put this on the shipper's thread... but I am ok if they have less skinship :sweatingbullets: worrying all the things happened in CLOY would jinx the reality. (fingersXed) :wub:

• Like 3
  • Love 1

23 minutes ago, INeedAFan said:

Endless PPL and pointless scenes

I don’t think the PPLs are being used effectively in this episode. Rather, those PPLs breaks the momentum. Case, the vacuum cleaner.

LOL the Dyson vacuum in every drama is the worst because it almost always never makes any sense why we need a close up of the vacuum. 

7 minutes ago, Eliza Marlowe said:

It is probably out of topic here. I want to know how much Hyun Bin earn per episode for this drama.

Good question, I'm curious too.  Also SYJ's. 

Can someone comment: their fame/reputation/status in South Korea media is pretty much on par right?

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

20 minutes ago, pnaysurfer84 said:

@INeedAFan

CCK said to Man Bok that he has nothing to loose because he was a street rat before he came into office. But i agree that it was a shallow excuse to be doing what he is doing now. I’ve always looked at my dad to ask questions of why people like CCK exist. I’m also watching Itaewon Class with the same kind of villain character. My dad said to me that in the Korean Society, evil villains can exist. HAHA! But at the same time, evil can exist in ANY society. 

Ah, I skipped CCK’s parts since I was bored :lol:. I don’t watch IC, but based on what my sister told me it’s pretty much a revengeful drama. I am not into that kind of stuff :P.

5 minutes ago, blue_fleurs said:

LOL the Dyson vacuum in every drama is the worst because it almost always never makes any sense why we need a close up of the vacuum. 

Ikr, I was like wtf. I had as much as what SR has, I wouldn’t have spent my free time cleaning my house. That’s just beyond unbelievable.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2