[Drama 2018] Misty 미스티

Go Seung Ji

Misty: Let's guess the ending!

by Nancy Z on Mon, Mar 19, 2018

0a4a2fa4-7082-4c3b-8771-9b22c30dbb9f.png

Mystery drama Misty, starring Kim Nam Joo and Ji Jin Hee, has been enthralling viewers with a captivating and thrilling story line that is constantly three steps ahead of everyone, by deftly creating unexpected twists and turns nestled among layers of intrigue. The latest bombshell, as revealed in the most recent episode, is a shocking revelation. Since the drama will conclude this upcoming weekend, would you like to offer your theory about the culprit and what will happen next?

Who killed Kevin Lee?

This question has been hanging over our leading lady, Go Hye Ran (Kim Nam Joo ), who is suspected of murdering her ex-boyfriend, from a long time ago. Although all signs given to the viewers so far seem to point to her innocence, fans were shocked by a stunning revelation at the end of the most recent episode (ep. 14) that the culprit may be Kang Tae Wook (Ji Jin Hee), the supportive husband who has steadfastly defended her despite their estranged relationship.

We have so many questions!

1. Did Kang Tae Wook kill Kevin Lee? It's in the back of our mind from an earlier episode where the husband saw the golfer enter Go Hye Ran's car. The drama hasn't followed up with what Tae Wook did that night. We only know that he saw the recorded steamy scene in the car and deleted it. Now, it seems that the drama is recalling that night's tragic event and pointing to the husband as a possible culprit. Is this why he has stoically supported his wife, knowing full well that she didn't commit the killing?

2. Did Ha Myung Woo kill Kevin Lee? The mystery boyfriend from high school will protect Go Hye Ran against anything or anyone in this world. He has been impressively played by musical actor Im Tae Kyung in his debut TV role. (Don't you love the slow motion whenever he appears? We definitely want to see more of him.) If anyone deliberately killed Kevin Lee to help remove the thorn in Hye Ran's side, it would be Myung Woo!

3. Maybe it's Go Hye Ran after all! Although she has been cleared of the murder charge in court, it's still possible that she played a role in Kevin Lee's death. Even though the fake witness was exposed for his ulterior motive, it doesn't mean that the famous news announcer is innocent.

4. Anyone else? What about Han Ji Won, the other news reporter who was actually the one having an affair with Kevin Lee? Could she have killed him because she fell in love with the golfer but he wouldn't leave his wife? Although she hasn't been the focus of the murder charges, she was the last one to call Kevin Lee.

more https://www.dramafever.com/news/misty-guess-the-ending/

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, larus said:

Misty: Let's guess the ending!

LOL we have been guessing for 51 pages! And 200,000 posts on Naver and counting...and none of us is the wiser! That's the power of this show:lol:

I don't think the show will stray from Tae Wook being the last person who saw Kevin and fought with him the question is whether he died as a result of that or because of an accident chasing Tae Wook or something else.

I would like to make a comment about something the Drama Fever blogger said in her post.

The sudden inclusion of for example, a loan shark into the mix can't really be considered a kind of deus ex machina because after 14 episodes, our knowledge of what happened that night is still patchy at best. As long as there are gaps in our knowledge for the time period unaccounted for, even an ex-girlfriend hitherto unknown coming after Kevin would be plausible. But the reason why a loan shark is an unlikely variable is because loan sharks typically want their money back and so far there hasn't been one on the horizon hounding EJ for money. If Kevin had been in debt to a loan shark, EJ would not be comfortably watching herself on tv in that nice house she's in.

Because the show hasn't clarified what role any of these people played, if any, in Kevin's death... even a late addition to the dramatis personae would be fair game. It would break certain genre rules but because the investigation has been hampered by bias, agendas and falsehoods at every turn, there are very few facts that we can actually be certain of. If the show can finger TW as a culprit at the 11th hour, there's nothing preventing the writer from pulling a stunt like bringing in a woman who is the mother of Kevin's love child as the one who delivered the coup de grace. :wink:

We still don't know how HR's brooch got into Kevin's car nor how he got his hands on the SD card from HR's dash cam so how can we be sure that there aren't other individuals at play. Or even if HR or EJ are completely in the clear.

Although Detective Kang has been to a large degree unprofessionally biased and has skewed the investigation in a particular direction, he is not wrong in thinking that people are lying to him or not telling him everything. That's been the problem from the start. For him and for us. Some of the lies we know about, others... not so much. Therefore,  it's not surprising if Detective Kang who is one of many unreliable points of view is suspicious at everything's been said to him. Even what might appear to be a fairly innocuous comment like "Don't you think I can win?" becomes something to pounce on as evidence of underhanded activity. I agree that there are different ways to interpret that comment but from an unbiased point of view, TW could have just been expressing a confident and defiant stance. However, Detective Kang with his particular set of blinkers chose to interpret that remark as something fishy ESPECIALLY when the evidence they had against HR is so flimsy to begin with. His confidence in the strength of the prosecutor's case was unfounded to begin with. Moreover, even if the witness (school principal) wasn't hostile, a single person's testimony can't be relied upon to build one's entire case. If that were the case, anyone with any kind of agenda can accuse anybody of anything.

The problem is that the detective chooses to believe certain lies over others. EJ lied to him too but he failed to see through her lies because what she said fit into his preconceived narrative of GHR's guilt. 

This is another reason why I can't buy into the idea that TW is the culprit just yet. Our perspective on his guilt right now is being shaped by the point of view of biased individuals. Everyone knows that Detective Kang can't be relied upon to be objective about HR and TW because he is fixated with the idea that one of them did it. But what about MW? Can he be considered objective? MW is pretty hard core where HR is concerned. He obviously doesn't think that TW has done enough to protect HR. Not surprisingly since he went to prison for her and most probably killed the jeweller as well. So he drops a comment that TW knew that the witness was fake but let her go to trial anyway because he wanted to punish her. I think we need to question his POV here. Was he expecting TW to silence (ie. murder) the witness before they went to court? Would that then be proof enough of TW's devotion and ability to protect HR?

Right now I feel that our ability to see the big picture is completely skewed by competing points of view while only privy to a limited number of pieces of the puzzle.

On 3/20/2018 at 12:30 AM, 40somethingahjumma said:

This is another reason why I can't buy into the idea that TW is the culprit just yet. Our perspective on his guilt right now is being shaped by the point of view of biased individuals. Everyone knows that Detective Kang can't be relied upon to be objective about HR and TW because he is fixated with the idea that one of them did it. But what about MW? Can he be considered objective? MW is pretty hard core where HR is concerned. He obviously doesn't think that TW has done enough to protect HR. Not surprisingly since he went to prison for her and most probably killed the jeweller as well. So he drops a comment that TW knew that the witness was fake but let her go to trial anyway because he wanted to punish her. I think we need to question his POV here. Was he expecting TW to silence (ie. murder) the witness before they went to court? Would that then be proof enough of TW's devotion and ability to protect HR?

Right now I feel that our ability to see the big picture is completely skewed by competing points of view while only privy to a limited number of pieces of the puzzle.

I could not say it better than this. 

And like you, I find MW troubling. I see MW as the disadvantaged version of TW who was robbed of law school and perhaps a future with HR. Whatever happened with the jeweler, MW didn't have the position or resources to "protect" her like TW and sacrificed himself. TW has the education, pedigree, power, money etc. to "fix things" and doesn't have to go to jail to protect HR. MW is noble but I also think he resents TW, is rather distorted in his idea of devotion, and is obsessed with HR (the clippings he saved in jail, sticking around after trial). Was he saying that if TW was more patient, he would have gotten out of jail and taken care of Kevin himself?:blink:

I also find that the noticeable writing errors in the legal and investigative process make me doubt whether events are intentionally suspicious or just plain errors in writing. I'll give an example that has taken me down a very, very, nutty path:

I've been pondering MW's accusation that TW used the trial to punish HR. MW bugged TW's office and clearly lurks around as we saw when he came out of nowhere to save TW in the parking garage. I feel completely ridiculous saying this but what if TW knows this and thought he could punish HR and carefully outwit MW? When HR was brought in for questioning, TW was out drinking and missed her calls for an entire night. I immediately thought it odd that TW woke up and asked the people with the blue boxes what was going on. For pity's sake, TW was a prosecutor and should have known very well what those boxes meant! It made me suspicious that he knew all along they were coming. Or, it could have been sloppy writing. TW also could have been drinking those two bottles of whiskey out in a bar so MW could see him if he was spying. Or have a very public excuse for not being at HR’s side. If TW was secretly scheming, he certainly punished HR with the stress of enduring custody on her own with only the help of that hapless lawyer. Then, he gallantly came to the rescue. It sounds silly to me as I write it, but errors like this make me wonder!

BTW, if MW is saying that TW was punishing HR with the help of Kang Yool through the trial, it doesn't mean that TW is necessarily the killer. MW calls TW out on HR being a stain on his perfect life. I'm guessing that it could mean that TW set up the fake witness and maybe even the prosecution of a really lousy case with the help of KY to publicly cleanse HR. He did have that strange conversation with her about forgetting and resetting. It is not normal to never talk about what happened with Kevin.

@maddymappo as for HR colluding with KY on her own trial and then double crossing them, I think anything is a possibility at this point! Still wondering why cute cameraman spied on her or what's up with everyone else who wanted revenge. The sky's the limit but a mere accident would be most poetic given everyone's machinations and freak outs.

P.S. @justamom don't forget to tell us what your tutor says about the ticket!

Edit: I went back to check and the reason that scene bugged me so much was that TW is translated as saying "Who are you?" to the prosecutorial investigators. That doesn't make sense.

6 hours ago, Jemara_Mej said:

Anyone else? What about Han Ji Won, the other news reporter who was actually the one having an affair with Kevin Lee? Could she have killed him because she fell in love with the golfer but he wouldn't leave his wife? Although she hasn't been the focus of the murder charges, she was the last one to call Kevin Lee.

this is intriguing me, a crime of passion, hmmmmmm........ If there was anyone who incited anyone to kill because of rejection, it would HJW. A charming lassie, cool facade with a dark view and vengeful intentions. And if there is anyone getting away with murder, it would be her. She got what she wanted, the coveted anchor job, support of her bosses and her sunbaes, as she watches the suffering EJ the woman who humiliated her and told her that she is just one of the usual flavors of the month her husband dips into. Did she not point the detective toward EJ's direction?

As of now, I am finally fine if TW turned out to be the killer (though I still doubt it) as long as there is a good explanation of how it happened, including answers to our very specific and nagging questions: 1) how did the brooch get in the car? 2) how did HR's sd card get into the pocket of Kevin's jacket?

Regarding the detective, he is either a very weakly written character, or he is purposely written as so because there will be a good explanation in the finale week. 

I am now more worried about getting a mediocre, or even nonsensical ending, to this great drama than discovering TW is Kevin's murderer. Sorry TW, and JJH... :tongue: 

And if I may add, with all the build up, I honestly will be a tad disappointed if Kevin's death was pure accident... LOL

• Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2018] Misty 미스티 - Fridays and Saturdays @ 23:00 PM KST

Who else can afford wearing an expensive suit in this drama? Only TW? How about KIH? Ha! I'm adding him to the suspect list. Heck, why not add Papa Jang to it as well, coz that would be the biggest twist of all, right?

So if TW wears expensive suit, drives a nice car, lives in super spacious apartment, comes from rich/elite family, why is his office so humble? And iirc, has outstanding rent payment?

10 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Who else can afford wearing an expensive suit in this drama? Only TW? How about KIH? Ha! I'm adding him to the suspect list. Heck, why not add Papa Jang to it as well, coz that would be the biggest twist of all, right?

So if TW wears expensive suit, drives a nice car, lives in super spacious apartment, comes from rich/elite family, why is his office so humble? And iirc, has outstanding rent payment?

My money is on the station manager as the killer, or as the cover up guy if TW killed Kevin in a brawl. He looks strong enough to lift Kevin behind the wheel of the car.  Or accidental death and biased detective looking for murder would be my second choice. But I usually get surprised by writers. 

Most annoying plot device for me so far: that brooch.  I would have had the catch improved after losing it the first time. Or it would have lived in my drawer. That silly brooch is getting on my nerves. If TW and HR make it through this together maybe they should get that thing melted down. 

9 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

[....]

We still don't know how HR's brooch got into Kevin's car nor how he got his hands on the SD card from HR's dash cam so how can we be sure that there aren't other individuals at play. Or even if HR or EJ are completely in the clear.

Although Detective Kang has been to a large degree unprofessionally biased and has skewed the investigation in a particular direction, he is not wrong in thinking that people are lying to him or not telling him everything. That's been the problem from the start. For him and for us. Some of the lies we know about, others... not so much. Therefore,  it's not surprising if Detective Kang who is one of many unreliable points of view is suspicious at everything's been said to him. [...]

The problem is that the detective chooses to believe certain lies over others. EJ lied to him too but he failed to see through her lies because what she said fit into his preconceived narrative of GHR's guilt. 

My dear chingu, sorry for cutting your post. 

I would like to add an observation about the detective KKJ. You are right to underline that KKJ has been lied to which made it more difficult to distinguish the truth. But if you go back to the beginning of the drama, KKJ is the one who lied to GHR first. He told her that she had to visit the police station as they needed her testimony. GHR thought that she was there as a witness, while in reality she was investigated as the main suspect. KKJ hadn't even received the results of the autopsy yet that he had already decided that KL had been murdered. Since he lied in the first place, how can you trust such a detective? I would refuse myself to give him any info, too scared that this guy would twist anything that has been said. The guy has the tendency to twist the situation or any word. I am quite sure that if GHR had told him that KL had been harassing her, he wouldn't have believed her at all. The Black box video... we all know that GHR lied to KL in order to escape him. The guy was emotionally unstable and quite dangerous, she needed to appease him, yet by just looking without knowing the whole situation, KKJ would have seen it as a confirmation that GHR and KL had an affair. And that's the reason why KKJ chose to believe EJ because his main target is GHR. He believed in EJ the moment she turned against GHR. No wonder that he encourages her to harass GHR, as he is getting less and less support with his "truth".

Now, he even has a better theory: TW killed KL for GHR!! He wants her involved. Like he said to EJ, he doesn't accept the verdict. For him, she is already guilty... There is a certain pattern here. In the beginning, he thought EJ and GHR had been working together as they were close, until EJ backstabbed her. Now, he sees the couple closer than ever and he starts suspecting TW with GHR's help. Since TW has used the word "uri" (we), KKJ saw it as a confirmation that TW and GHR have been working together.

This detective should lose his job... A detective shouldn't be allowed to use his "feelings" in the investigation, but his HEAD and BRAIN!!  

GHR needs to discover the truth herself because KKJ will never give up. For him, the truth is that GHR is behind KL's death. Nothing else matters. GHR had been targeted all this time hence she had no time to discover the truth behind his death, but once her husband becomes the prime suspect, she will have to investigate it herself. I hope, she also humiliates this detective. She needs to investigate him as well because he seems to resent her a lot. Is he related to KL and no one knows about it? I mean, KL is not his real name.

As for HMW, he also sees what he wants to see as well. His truth is that TW hasn't been doing his job properly. HMW suspects that TW wanted to hurt GHR with the witness. What he doesn't know is that it was GHR who kept her distance from TW. She wanted to get divorced and changed the lawyer. Actually, she wanted to make sure that KY can not go after her and she wins the trial. TW had no idea about the lawsuit and once he heard about it, his wife rejected him. No one has discovered the whole truth. All of these characters only come to a conclusion and believe that they know the truth, while it is not correct. HMW had no idea about her involvement with the scandal and corruption. He doesn't know what is going on at the office...

GHR will discover the truth... 

@maddymappo @Carmarie @larus @ktcjdrama @zenya22

• Go Seung Ji changed the title to [Current Drama 2018] Misty 미스티 - Fridays and Saturdays @ 23:00 KST
7 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

KIH  that sure would be a twist! And could be Jang too   :)

Now that we approach the end of our journey, I want to thank everyone participating for making this thread so rich in thoughtful ideas.  Watching and talking about  this drama together has been so enjoyable.

In light of the great insightful comments  on this thread from  @zenya22 @bebebisous33 @justamom @V@aunniek@diamondzr4eva@xoxobleach@Kimchi Sweet Potato@ihyw@loveirina1@larus @jd50  @ktcjdrama@SUNlight02@imgreatgal@40somethingahjumma@enigmatic_zephy @pompyavi @0ly40@smhelen@seaapple@dzareth @triplem @Carmarie  @africandramalover  @philosophie @jd50  @lindy01 @fallinlava06@Pam_Van Fossen@40somethingahjumma  @il23 (forgive me if I left anyone out) - I found the dramafever "Let's Guess the Ending" suspect list a bit of fluff.   But who knows, maybe it will all be that simple.  And as @jd50 says we may be overthinking it. (still its been fun) :)

Detective Kang a keystone cop? 

@jd50 and @40somethingahjumma  I am just making small excerpts from your brilliantly articulated analysis of this drama -below in regard o Det. K and investigation.

14 hours ago, jd50 said:

I also find that the noticeable writing errors in the legal and investigative process make me doubt whether events are intentionally suspicious or just plain errors in writing. I'll give an example that has taken me down a very, very, nutty path:

15 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Although Detective Kang has been to a large degree unprofessionally biased and has skewed the investigation in a particular direction, he is not wrong in thinking that people are lying to him or not telling him everything. That's been the problem from the start. For him and for us. Some of the lies we know about, others... not so much. Therefore,  it's not surprising if Detective Kang who is one of many unreliable points of view is suspicious at everything's been said to him.

From the start the character of Detective Kang has stuck in my craw.   He likely is the police officer who leaked to the press that HR was the prime suspect in the  murder of KL - When it was still apparently a DUI accident.  Then he obsessed about Hr without doing fundamental investigating of all circumstances surrounding KL and what he did that night and who he spoke, and where he went etc.

@bebebisous33  mentioned that perhaps he felt that a brilliant young man who planned to study law had his future destroyed by this high school girl he was protecting. 

But we don't know what it is Det Kang thought back then or even now.

My confusion in general

There are so many thoughts in the minds of these characters and motivations we don't know.  So much going on in the heads of TW and HR and the other characters that the writer goes out of her way to keep veiled from us.   We are trying so hard to understand and figure them out.  Where did they go that night?  What are they really thinking? 

We are led down trails  that go no where.  Who called KL that night? Supposedly JHw - but when Kang asks her she just charges him with doing a poor investigation and tells him EJ should be suspect, and that she was with KL until the News Nine was over. Nothing else?   So did she call or not? And why?  Why doesn't he seem to follow up? Is she saying she wasn't the one who called? Or did the scene just drop off, before we hear the entire conversation?  Just like we are only shown snippets of the trial.

We see Mw bash at Mr. Baek - but then find out that the coroner says Baek committed suicide no fatal blows noted. Tw assumes Mw killed him, Mw seems to say, he had to in order to protect Hr, but is that what he is saying?  

Mw seem to be telling Tw that he knows Tw knows all about how KL died, and that he has been withholding that info so that Hr will suffer and had to go through a trial.  But how could Mw know that?  How could Mw really know what happened that night? He could have heard Tw discussing the false witness on the phone with KY firm - but that's about all he could know isn't it? Did Mw check the blackbox in Tw's car?  Or at some point Mr. Baek saw something and told Mw when he was interrogating him, what else is there to know?  maybe maybe maybe this or that....... so many unanswered questions.

And Hr's deal with KJ over that station manager job?  That keeps nagging at me. What did "she knows how to play the game"  mean- ok if Kang Yool represents me and  I win the trial? What is in her mind? What is going on with her and manager Jang?  What is their understanding?

I am writing here about all the confusing unknowns, that keep swirling in my mind.  The more you think about these characters the more question you have.

We  are shown different aspects of the reality but never shown the whole picture. Just little pieces of a jigsaw puzzle. 

To me Mw's love for Hr is unreal, unreasonable, and from out of space. I do understand his passion of youth in high school. How as a passionate teen he might have killed the jeweler and/ or taken the responsibility for Hr.  But why stay in prison longer than he had to?  Not natural and then only leave to save her again?    That's even more difficult to understand than Tw's continuing love for his wife, after the long cold spell after she aborted their baby in pursuit of her career goals. 

After Tw viewed that tape of Hr and KL in the car together, his hurt was so deep, yet when he finds she is taken into custody he rushes to help her and insists on representing her.  She makes the deal with KY and dumps him as her atty.  But he goes to KY and asks to represent her and she falls in love with him because of his unfailing love and commitment.

Finally we learn that HR gets over her aversion for falling in love that started long ago when  her mother had been used and fooled by the men she loved. But does that make sense?  How could HR have that aversion after her high school boyfriend killed and went to jail for her?    

So many threads that don't connect.  But still I love Misty.

8 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

I would like to add an observation about the detective KKJ. You are right to underline that KKJ has been lied to which made it more difficult to distinguish the truth. But if you go back to the beginning of the drama, KKJ is the one who lied to GHR first. He told her that she had to visit the police station as they needed her testimony. GHR thought that she was there as a witness, while in reality she was investigated as the main suspect. KKJ hadn't even received the results of the autopsy yet that he had already decided that KL had been murdered. Since he lied in the first place, how can you trust such a detective? I would refuse myself to give him any info, too scared that this guy would twist anything that has been said. The guy has the tendency to twist the situation or any word. I am quite sure that if GHR had told him that KL had been harassing her, he wouldn't have believed her at all. The Black box video... we all know that GHR lied to KL in order to escape him. The guy was emotionally unstable and quite dangerous, she needed to appease him, yet by just looking without knowing the whole situation, KKJ would have seen it as a confirmation that GHR and KL had an affair. And that's the reason why KKJ chose to believe EJ because his main target is GHR. He believed in EJ the moment she turned against GHR. No wonder that he encourages her to harass GHR, as he is getting less and less support with his "truth".

Now, he even has a better theory: TW killed KL for GHR!! He wants her involved. Like he said to EJ, he doesn't accept the verdict. For him, she is already guilty... There is a certain pattern here. In the beginning, he thought EJ and GHR had been working together as they were close, until EJ backstabbed her. Now, he sees the couple closer than ever and he starts suspecting TW with GHR's help. Since TW has used the word "uri" (we), KKJ saw it as a confirmation that TW and GHR have been working together.

This detective should lose his job... A detective shouldn't be allowed to use his "feelings" in the investigation, but his HEAD and BRAIN!!  

GHR needs to discover the truth herself because KKJ will never give up. For him, the truth is that GHR is behind KL's death. Nothing else matters. GHR had been targeted all this time hence she had no time to discover the truth behind his death, but once her husband becomes the prime suspect, she will have to investigate it herself. I hope, she also humiliates this detective. She needs to investigate him as well because he seems to resent her a lot. Is he related to KL and no one knows about it? I mean, KL is not his real name.

~cut~

GHR will discover the truth... 

@maddymappo @Carmarie @larus @ktcjdrama @zenya22

Woohoo... Best line ever about Det.Kang in red above!

You give us a great analysis of him, which I agree fully with, but which also makes me sad, because this is the first time in my life not able to cheer for the detective in a show. I've never come across such a lame detective. Usually the detectives would be the ones I admire most and cheer for in mystery dramas/movies. They're usually the ones risking their lives to dig for the truth. But like you said, this one feels too much, instead of using his head...

One eg: If he had suspected that Baek was killed instead of pure suicide, why let EJ enter the room by herself unaccompanied to identify the found body? Fine, this could be the decision of writer/director, but hellooooo, if she is the one to kill him, she could have tampered with the body, remove evidence or whatsoever...... Just because she is the wife of a suspected victim, does that automatically make her innocent? Like HJW said, the wife is a highly potential suspect too! What more with him noticing a missing ring on her finger, then knowing full well that she lied about being at home that night.... Gosh, I should stop my ranting here.

4 hours ago, maddymappo said:

the end of our journey,

No, it's not the end of the journey! No, no, no....!! -covers eyes-

For me the detective and murder mystery has always been a side story obfuscating the real story. The real story is Go Hye Ran. Like I said earlier I see this whole drama is about Go Hye Ran, the rise (and fall) of one of the fiercest, strongest and most badass female chracters we have seen in K drama land and how she overcomes the many obstacles thrown her way. It's an inspiring, feminist message about female power, about having the guts to believe in your convictions, and holding true to what you believe is right and just.

That's whats misty - it appears to be a Whodunnit, but to me it's really about the challenge of being a woman with real beliefs and conviction in our society today, and her right to a career, husband, family and true love.

I stand to be corrected, but I think the last two episodes (after she discover's Tae Wook's culpability) will be Go Hye Ran's struggle between what she has fought for so long, truth and justice, and protecting Tae Wook.

1) If she chooses truth and justice, Tae Wook will have to be brought before the news and courts (and have her name besmirched again)

2) If she chooses Tae Wook, she will forever live with her guilt towards both Tae Wook and in a way Kevin Lee

That's why I hope it was Tae Wook who beat Kevin Lee up, but Kevin Lee died in some sort of car chase. It sounds like a really complicated accident to stage alone!

Misty - Court BTS

So happy seeing them in a light environment full of greetings and smiles despite all the tension shown on screen during all the court scenes. They've been like a real family after months of shooting and their camaraderie is one of the reasons why they can all act with ease around themselves that resulted into this amazing drama..

The thumbnail of Ji Jin Hee and Kim Nam Joo is ❤❤❤

Misty: Episodes 13-14 (Open Thread)

by odilettante

misty1314-cover.jpg

odilettante: Misty broke its rating record this week by reaching 8%. It’s now officially one of the highest rated JTBC dramas, and the finale weekend will let us know if it’ll manage to pick up enough viewers to beat the current highest rated JTBC drama, Women of Dignity, which is sitting pretty at just over 12%.

mary: A 4% jump in a week seems huge for cable. I want it to happen but I’m doubtful, so I’ll try to channel my inner Reporter Kwak and trust Hye-ran blindly. Or be like Ji-won and trust that Hye-ran always wins.

more

http://www.dramabeans.com/2018/03/misty-episodes-13-14-open-thread/

There was an inconsistency in whatever that dumb detective informed to Tae Wook and what the bus driver said. Det. Kang said that someone left the crime scene that day by taking the bus in the morning. Then we see Tae Wook having a flashback. 

Then the bus driver mentioned that he remembered because nobody ever asked to him to go there (where?) at that odd hour. So even if someone was fleeing the crime scene would not he go to his house. I mean why did he say " there"?

Is there something wrong in my understanding?

I am actually so confused about the whole bus and taxi thing because of the unclear location or destination. I really have no reference to make anything out of that info. Even the location of TW's traffic citation camera capture. 

I was listening to the beautiful OST that @0ly40 posted and wishing Dramafever translated lyrics like Viki. It's a male voice so I'm assuming it's from TW's point of view and it sounds heartbroken. Without a preview, I'm just desperately searching for clues anywhere! Regardless, it is really a nice song.

5 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I am actually so confused about the whole bus and taxi thing because of the unclear location or destination. I really have no reference to make anything out of that info. Even the location of TW's traffic citation camera capture. 

@justamom said that the ticket was given in "Hannam..... a rich people area". Curious to see how that adds up and what else her tutor has to say about the conversation between TW and MW.

On 3/20/2018 at 9:04 AM, ihyw said:

My money is on the station manager as the killer, or as the cover up guy if TW killed Kevin in a brawl. He looks strong enough to lift Kevin behind the wheel of the car.  Or accidental death and biased detective looking for murder would be my second choice. But I usually get surprised by writers. 

Most annoying plot device for me so far: that brooch.  I would have had the catch improved after losing it the first time. Or it would have lived in my drawer. That silly brooch is getting on my nerves. If TW and HR make it through this together maybe they should get that thing melted down. 

Kevin was a big guy. Any woman that killed him by hitting him on the back of the head would need another person to help lift him into the car and somehow launch his car into motion to hit the pole. I'm assuming there was an analysis of any narcotics in his system otherwise maybe a woman could drug him before he got behind the wheel.

My vote is that HR flushes the brooch down the toilet like she did the memory card. Or she and TW gift it to Detective Kang as his retirement gift.

When HR flushed the memory card I was screaming at the tv. Why destroy the evidence there? You should go to a random place that does not have any specific connection to you. And for the love of God, can't you scratch or cut the card first? I mean, we even cut our bank card when a new one is reissued, right?

Signal got it better by having the villain dispose the evidence at a rest stop. For Det Lee Jae Han to able to guess that and retrieve it from the dump site was a 1 in a million probability - a miracle!

We couldn't find the Instagram post. But we found something better, the pre-released clip! 

http://tv.jtbc.joins.com/trailer/pr10010714/pm10046828/vo10216930/view

Travel agent - This weekend is available

Cut to TW and HR laying in bed and looking at each other.

TW - Let’s go on a trip

HR - Trip?

TW - We haven’t been on any trip for 7 years since we married. You are using your vacation time now, so let’s go anywhere and take a nice break.

HR - Okay let’s go.

TW - Where would you like to go?

HR - Somewhere where no one is around and there is only you and me alone.

TW - Okay, let’s go someplace like that.

HR pulls herself closer to TW and hold each other tightly in bed.

Then we cut to TW alone. He looks at nothing as he sits on the couch. His wedding photo is behind him and the camera scrolls to it and then back to him.

HR - Kang Tae-wook, what did you do to me?

HR cries at the news 9 desk, but she is sitting on the steps. She has two bottles of soju next to her.

TW - Don’t leave HR, this is the truth. For me, you were love.

Archived