[Drama 2018] Misty 미스티

Go Seung Ji

JTBC Presents

Misty 미스티

Director:

Mo Wan-il

(co-director of Beautiful Mind and Dream High 2, producing credits on Healer, You’re the Best Lee Soon-shin and Big)

Writer: 

Je-In

(no previous work)

Episodes: 16 

Broadcast Period: 

2018-Feb-02 to 2018-March-24

Fridays and Saturdays 23:00

Plot

Go Hye-Ran (Kim Nam-Joo) is a popular anchorwoman for a prime-time news show. She works hard at her job. One day, Go Hye-Ran becomes the suspect in a murder case. Her husband is Kang Tae-Wook (Ji Jin-Hee). He worked as a prosecutor in the past, but he now works as a public defender. Their marriage has also been on the rocks. Kang Tae-Wook decides to defend his wife and they fall in love again.

Notes

"Misty" took over the JTBC Fridays and Saturdays 23: 00-time slot previously occupied by "Untouchable"
First script reading took place October 2017 at JTBC building in Sangam, Seoul, South Korea.

Cast

Kim Nam-Joo - Go Hye-Ran

Ji Jin-Hee - Kang Tae-Wook

Jun Hye Jin as Seo Eun Joo

Supporting Cast

Jin Ki Joo as Han Ji Won
Go Joon as Kevin Lee Jae Young
Goo Ja Sung as Kwak Ki Suk
Im Tae Kyung as Ha Myung Woo
Kim Hyung Jong as Byun Woo Hyun
Kim Soo Jin as Yoon Song Yi
Lee Kyung Young
Ahn Nae Sang
Kim Bo Yun
Yun Woon Kyung
Lee Joon Hyuk
Lee Sung Wook
Kim Hyung Jong
Lee Ah Hyun
Jung Young Ki
Nam Kyung Eup
Shin Kang Woo

Asianwiki | Dramawiki | KoreanDrama

01.Soompi code of conduct SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!

Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. 

Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Teaser trailer for JTBC drama series “Misty”

Misty-SMTP1111.jpg

First teaser trailer added for upcoming JTBC drama series “Misty” starring Kim Nam-Joo and Ji Jin-Hee. The drama series follows an estranged married couple. The husband (Ji Jin-Hee) who works as a prosecutor decides to defend his wife (Kim Nam-Joo) in a murder case.

“Misty” first airs February 2, 2018 in South Korea (takes over JTBC’s Friday and Saturday 11PM time slot after “Untouchable“).

Yes there's a premiere date already. I'm gonna be here and watch. Thanks for the updates, Go Seung Ji.

I tried to click on the teaser but 'media could not be played." I just wanna say, next to OCN, JTBC makes good dramas.

January 9 2018

Teaser trailer #2 for JTBC drama series “Misty”

Misty-tp222.jpg

Teaser trailer #2 added for upcoming JTBC drama series “Misty” starring Kim Nam-Joo and Ji Jin-Hee. In addition, here’s two new character posters from the upcoming drama series.

“Misty” first airs February 2, 2018 in South Korea.

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/teaser-trailer-2-for-jtbc-drama-series-misty

I love the second teaser and the tension that brings. I`m anticipating this drama so much. Fingers crossed to be a good drama. Somehow, I am optimistic. I have a good feeling.  :tongue:

• Go Seung Ji changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2018] Misty 미스티 - Kim Nam Joo and Ji Jin Hee - Premiere on 2nd of February

@Go Seung Ji Oh my Gawwwwwwd, teaser #3! How am I just now seeing that? Put that Beyonce track on anything and I WILL WATCH IT. I'm ready for this drama to destroy me, piece me back together, and then nurse me back to life. Watching all the clips on this page now. Thank you so much!

Premiere Watch:

by girlfriday

Misty

premiere_misty.jpg

Time slot: Friday & Saturday
Broadcaster: JTBC
Genre: Mystery melodrama
Episode count: 16

Reasons to watch: It’s Kim Nam-joo’s drama comeback six years after a string of hits (You Who Rolled in Unexpectedly, Queen of Reversals, Queen of Housewives), so she’s definitely the big draw and the reason to watch. She headlines Misty as the nation’s top news anchor, a poised and ambitious woman who is never satisfied with what she has and is always hungry to achieve more. One day a shocking murder scandal hits the news, and she’s one of three main suspects in the case. This is starting to sound a lot like Return

She’ll be defended by her prosecutor-turned-public-defender husband, played by Ji Jin-hee, and the drama is as much about their tumultuous relationship and what their marriage goes through as it is about the murder mystery. The script comes from a new writer, so we don’t know what to expect there, but PD Mo Wan-il of Beautiful Mind and Sirius should deliver on the moody mystery. And on a shallow note, Kim Nam-joo and Ji Jin-hee make the most gorgeous couple. What do you suppose she eats? Unicorn hooves?

http://www.dramabeans.com/2018/01/premiere-watch-radio-romance-cross-misty/

January 31, 2018

Romance thriller 'Misty,' enthralling story of success, unpretentious love

By Woo Jae-yeon

SEOUL, Jan. 31 (Yonhap) -- For many South Korean TV drama viewers, the combination of two veteran actors -- Kim Nam-joo and Ji Jin-hee -- as a problematic married couple could be appealing enough for them to sit and watch their new series.

Actress Kim, nicknamed the "queen of ratings" because of the high popularity of every TV series she is in, returns to the small screen for the first time in six years with JTBC's new romance thriller, "Misty."

"This script is exactly the one I have been waiting for," Kim said at a press conference to promote the series in Seoul on Wednesday.

"The character Go Hye-ran was surprisingly similar to my young self in that she is so desperate to become successful. I was confident I could portray Go well, as I saw myself in that role."

The actress was frank about how much she sympathized with the character.

"The character reminded me of when I was young. (Like Go,) I had an unhappy childhood. When I'd just started my career, I recklessly went after money and success."

Actors Ji Jin-he (L) and Kim Nam-joo enter the press conference for "Misty," set to premiere on JTBC on Feb. 2, 2018. (Yonhap)

Actors Ji Jin-he (L) and Kim Nam-joo enter the press conference for "Misty," set to premiere on JTBC on Feb. 2, 2018. (Yonhap)

The romantic thriller revolves around popular anchorwoman Go, who does whatever it takes to maintain her fame and success. But her life begins a downward spiral after she is named a person of interest in a murder case. Her husband, Kang Tae-wook, played by Ji Jin-hee, the star of the popular period drama "Jewel in the Palace," comes to her rescue by defending her as her lawyer.

The actor is expected to play a faithful husband with unconditional love -- the kind of character he is best known for.

"Kang promised his wife that he will help her achieve success no matter what," Ji said. "It is the way he loves her."

Producer Mo Wan-il said the names of the two actors naturally came up while he was discussing the potential cast with the scriptwriter.

"It was a very rare experience that we named the same two actors simultaneously. It was as if the writer wrote the story while having them already in mind," he said.

Go is a self-made career woman who has been in the most sought-after position at a network for seven years. She married public defender Kang who is from an influential family.

Outwardly she looks confident and self-assured, with fame, money and a happy family. But in reality, she is constantly on edge and fearful of losing things she has achieved.

"As the title 'Misty' suggests, the drama looks into the truth of life shrouded in uncertainty. The cast members are really doing their best to tell the real story and feelings as sincerely as possible," the producer said.

"Beyond passionate romance, I would like to depict unpretentious love, be it a married couple's love or that of an extramarital affair," he said, adding "This is more than just a gripping story."

The series is set to premiere at 11 p.m. on Friday.

This image provided by JTBC shows a poster for "Misty," a new TV series on the network. (Yonhap)

This image provided by JTBC shows a poster for "Misty," a new TV series on the network. (Yonhap)

jaeyeon.woo@yna.co.kr

• Go Seung Ji changed the title to [Current Drama 2018] Misty 미스티 - Kim Nam Joo and Ji Jin Hee - Premiere: Tonight @ 23:00 KST

"Beyond passionate romance, I would like to depict unpretentious love, be it a married couple's love or that of an extramarital affair," he said, adding "This is more than just a gripping story."

It doesn't seem like they divorced so that bolded phrase has me a bit worried :/. The teasers hint at this as well. Granted the marriage may be all but dead but IDK. Affairs leave a bad taste in my mouth and it takes a certain finesse for me to not care about that. Interestingly I Have a Lover (50 ep)has a similar plotline and Ji Jin Hee also acted in it; I loved that drama!

Ji Jin Hee and Kim Nam Joo seem to have electrifying chemistry from the teasers and photos so I am so excited to see their relationship dynamic and how they fall in love with each other again (hopefully!). I will be supporting them until the end. Really hope it is a happy ending!

Additionally, are there any information on Jin Ki Joo and Go Joon's characters?

@triplemMe too. We're live recapping it over on Bah+Doo, so that can give you an idea of what's going on. But there's nothing like subs. I think Dramafever has picked this one up, though it's not fully up on their site yet. It seems like On Demand Korea has it as well. they usually post the episode 1-2 hours after it airs.

ODK

http://www.ondemandkorea.com/misty-e20180127.html

Dramafever

https://www.dramafever.com/drama/5154/Misty/

And here is out live recap link to anyone who wants to watch along with us!

https://www.bah-doo.com/misty-live-recap-episode-1/

Archived